Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 05:19 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
DAY THIRTY-ONE!!!

Quote:
You are such an inspiration to me! Thank you for sharing your journey and keeping us updated on your progress. It really does help me stay on track!
Thanks, Jaylyn!

It's amazing how posting here everyday keeps me honest. I haven't had any crazy cravings lately, but when I'm reflecting on my eating habits, I am so proud that I can come here every day and be 100% honest about what I've eaten and whether I'm still on plan.

I'm glad that coming to my thread helps you, too!

zombiegoat2000: I love that you come to my thread, but I have to be honest, I can't look at your avatar (although it's funny!)....that blood squicks me out!

Keep eating on plan though--you're doing great...even if you are eating...umm...whatever it is you're eating in that avatar....

Biochic: Thanks! 31 days as of today!!!

I can do this! I prove it EVERY DAY when I avoid sugar...

October 27, 2013 :: ONE YEAR BINGE free!

Progress photos posted on my blog!
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

It's not busy here at work yet, so I thought I'd share something else about myself that I think will help me stay on track.

My name is Melle's Sweetheart and I USED to hide food from my Husband. It started pretty innocently...I knew that I was eating crap and I didn't want him to worry about me, so I would bring home a whole chocolate chip ring (it's like a coffee cake type thing) and eat it all before he got home. Then, my cravings would get the best of me and I'd start buying Cadbury Peanut Butter chocolate bars on the way to work. I'd hide them in my drawer and eat them all day long. (At that point, the stress of my job kept me eating all day long). I did diet and lose weight in between these episodes, but by far, the last two years have been the worst. In the past two years, I had an ectopic pregnancy and although now I'm over the worst of it, during the times when I felt very sad and depressed, I'd actually stock up on all the goodies that made me feel better and I'd charge them to a secret credit card that my Husband doesn't have access to.

What made things worse were my fertility treatments. I couldn't have IVF because I'm too heavy to have my eggs extracted AND I needed to have a test called a sonohisteropingeogram (I think?) where my fallopian tubes would have been x-rayed to check for blockages but the tables in all the hospitals only support 300 lbs, so I was over the limit to have the test. Imagine how horrible I felt when my poor husband realized that, once again, my weight was standing in the way of us having a child. We opted for three rounds of IUI with injectible hormones which REALLY made me feel terrible AND gain weight.

I can't tell you how horrible I felt about hiding things from my Husband. I'm glad that for the past 30 days, there has been no activity on my secret credit card.

So there, I said it.

Last edited by Melle's_Sweetheart; 11-16-2012 at 05:39 AM..
Old 11-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abby!
Stats: 168/134/125
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle's_Sweetheart View Post
It's not busy here at work yet, so I thought I'd share something else about myself that I think will help me stay on track.

My name is Melle's Sweetheart and I USED to hide food from my Husband. It started pretty innocently...I knew that I was eating crap and I didn't want him to worry about me, so I would bring home a whole chocolate chip ring (it's like a coffee cake type thing) and eat it all before he got home. Then, my cravings would get the best of me and I'd start buying Cadbury Peanut Butter chocolate bars on the way to work. I'd hide them in my drawer and eat them all day long. (At that point, the stress of my job kept me eating all day long). I did diet and lose weight in between these episodes, but by far, the last two years have been the worst. In the past two years, I had an ectopic pregnancy and although now I'm over the worst of it, during the times when I felt very sad and depressed, I'd actually stock up on all the goodies that made me feel better and I'd charge them to a secret credit card that my Husband doesn't have access to.

What made things worse were my fertility treatments. I couldn't have IVF because I'm too heavy to have my eggs extracted AND I needed to have a test called a sonohisteropingeogram (I think?) where my fallopian tubes would have been x-rayed to check for blockages but the tables in all the hospitals only support 300 lbs, so I was over the limit to have the test. Imagine how horrible I felt when my poor husband realized that, once again, my weight was standing in the way of us having a child. We opted for three rounds of IUI with injectible hormones which REALLY made me feel terrible AND gain weight.

I can't tell you how horrible I felt about hiding things from my Husband. I'm glad that for the past 30 days, there has been no activity on my secret credit card.

So there, I said it.

Gosh this shows more than ever how this is an addiction. It was never your fault. You are amazing to finally say enough and get a hold of it. How much do you have to lose to be a candidate for IVF? That seems to be very motivating if still on the table. You're doing great! After 31 days, you're on cruise control and not dealing with the insulin up and down etc. We are rooting for you!
abby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/192/170 5'9" 47yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012
Quote:

So there, I said it.
Hopefully that was catharctic for you. You know you are among people here who totally get it.

But NOW you are in the process of taking the reins of your life back and pointing your life in the direction you want it to go. Just remember that when Mr. Carb Monster comes a-callin", all dressed up in his holiday finery!

Another thought for you- maybe the next charge on that secret credit card of yours could be a little gift for your husband? He sounds like a wonderful mate to you.
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abby! View Post
Gosh this shows more than ever how this is an addiction. It was never your fault. You are amazing to finally say enough and get a hold of it. How much do you have to lose to be a candidate for IVF? That seems to be very motivating if still on the table. You're doing great! After 31 days, you're on cruise control and not dealing with the insulin up and down etc. We are rooting for you!

The heaviest I can be for IVF is 250...

IVF is on the table until I'm 44, so I still have a couple of years to get the weight off. I think I can do it.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby1 View Post
Hopefully that was catharctic for you. You know you are among people here who totally get it.

But NOW you are in the process of taking the reins of your life back and pointing your life in the direction you want it to go. Just remember that when Mr. Carb Monster comes a-callin", all dressed up in his holiday finery!

Another thought for you- maybe the next charge on that secret credit card of yours could be a little gift for your husband? He sounds like a wonderful mate to you.
I know everyone here gets it, but I'm always surrounded by others who just don't.

The holidays aren't a problem for me if I'm not cooking dinner---I just cook up a great cheesecake and eat as many low carb foods as I possibly can before I go.

I think what I don't say enough is that my Husband is the best man in the world. He married me at 335 lbs and has NEVER had anything negative to say about my weight. I don't deserve him, based on that alone. He's so fabulous...there aren't many people who can say that after being together for 9 years...
Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:

The heaviest I can be for IVF is 250...

IVF is on the table until I'm 44, so I still have a couple of years to get the weight off. I think I can do it.
I love your motivation so have been following your thread. I KNOW you will get to the 250 weight.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eagle eye
WOE: Low Carb
i lurk on this thread because it is sooooo motivational. Melle's Sweetheart KUTGW!
eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Moonlights
Stats: 204/150/136
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 18/04/2012
You will DEFINITELY get to your 250lb weight - and long before the two years are up stay as on plan as you have been and as honest and passionate as you are and you'll be there in no time. And as other people have said, this diet can be something of a fertility drug for some people - regulating blood sugar can help regulate hormones etc. You have a lot of good reasons to keep on fighting and I'm quite sure you will.
Moonlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Day Thirty two:

I've been sick all day...virus with cough and the only meds that work are full of carbs...

I only ate an omelette today.

Will check in tomorrow..keep the faith locarbers!!!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Day Thirty three

Still sick.....
Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/192/170 5'9" 47yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012
Viruses are something we can not control. The only thing we can control is our own behavior. Try not to let it get you down. It will not stick around forever. Good news is- eating low carb should be boosting your immune system so maybe won't last too long.

And most liquid medicines also come in capsule form, so you can avoid some of the carbs.

Could the hubs make you some delicious garlicky chicken soup?

Leslie
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
I've been MIA from this wonderful thread for a few days as I indulge in not so great things.. But, I know Melle's Sweetheart will keep me coming back and re-motivate me!

Melle's Sweetheart, thank you for sharing your story. I think many of us have had similar stories, that if we bring to the surface will help us heal from the emotional addiction food has become in our lives. Our emotions are like the layers of an onion... Deep down at the core we have issues stemming from our earliest days. We turned to food, while others turned to other addictions.. The lucky ones escaped unharmed.

The first step is to do what you have done, Melle's Sweetheart.. Keep unpeeling those layers, because you deserve true happiness.. We all do! And, it is within our grasp if we truly believe we are deserving of it.

I hope your virus gets better soon! Thanks for sharing with us and keeping us motivated to improve our current condition - whatever that is!!

Hugs!
dipgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HappyHealthy
Stats: 218/146 Made Goal 12/15/02, now back up to 187
WOE: Protein Power/Bernstein's Diabetes Solution
Start Date: January 1, 2000
Thank you for posting your story Melle’s Sweetheart. I’ve been gone from these boards for years and now I find myself 40 pounds above my goal. It has come on with a vengeance the last couple years and I have to do something about it. I was trolling the boards last night and come across this thread. You have so inspired me that I made up my mind to get back on low carb now and not wait for the holidays to pass before starting. In fact, I got out of bed last night and threw away all the bread and cereal in the house.

I hope you get to feeling better real soon.
HappyHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/292.8/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Melle's Sweetheart - You are doing an awesome job and I just love your attitude!! I hope you are feeling better today. I have been off and on low carb for almost 12 years, and I have to agree that lowcarb definitely helps with fertility! My son (12 in January) was conceived after six years of marriage/unprotected sex--and after 30-35 lbs loss. Unfortunately, I let my bad eating habits roar its ugly head again, and now two kids later, I am almost 30lbs heavier then I was at 9 months pregnant with my son - and 100 lbs heavier since I married 18 years ago.

I like several of the quotes "Stay Strong or Stay Fat" and "Attitude is Everything." I am working on changing my attitude and eating habits, once again. and I need to make my book list, and make time for me and get some good reading done!

Just wanted to say, you are doing an awesome job - and you Will succeed!!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Day Thirty Four:

First of all---thanks so much for all the wonderful words of encouragement that you all have posted in the last couple days...I feel terrible that I'm unable to post to you individually, but replying on my iPhone makes that almost impossible.

What I can say is that I have a high fever but I've kept it clean--I bought sugar free cough syrup that has maltitol so the stomach issues are an added bonus.

I have to go to work on Monday so I must sleep but I have to thank you all for encouraging me to put my life back on track!

I love you all for being so inspirational!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Day Thirty Four:

First of all---thanks so much for all the wonderful words of encouragement that you all have posted in the last couple days...I feel terrible that I'm unable to post to you individually, but replying on my iPhone makes that almost impossible.

What I can say is that I have a high fever but I've kept it clean--I bought sugar free cough syrup that has maltitol so the stomach issues are an added bonus.

I have to go to work on Monday so I must sleep but I have to thank you all for encouraging me to put my life back on track!

I love you all for being so inspirational!!!
Awe! feel better! I'm impressed you thought to buy the sugar fee syrup! Sleep well!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby1 View Post
And most liquid medicines also come in capsule form, so you can avoid some of the carbs.

Could the hubs make you some delicious garlicky chicken soup?
I bought capsules and I bought cough syrup sweetened without sugar---it's sweetened with maltitol...argh...I think I'd rather drink it down without any sweetener at all!

Yesterday my husband bought some chicken and leeks, so he's going to make me some soup tonight......that should help.

Thanks for your words of encouragement!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:49 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipgal View Post
Melle's Sweetheart, thank you for sharing your story. I think many of us have had similar stories, that if we bring to the surface will help us heal from the emotional addiction food has become in our lives. Our emotions are like the layers of an onion... Deep down at the core we have issues stemming from our earliest days. We turned to food, while others turned to other addictions.. The lucky ones escaped unharmed.

The first step is to do what you have done, Melle's Sweetheart.. Keep unpeeling those layers, because you deserve true happiness.. We all do! And, it is within our grasp if we truly believe we are deserving of it.

I hope your virus gets better soon! Thanks for sharing with us and keeping us motivated to improve our current condition - whatever that is!!

Hugs!
Thanks so much, DipGal!

In therapy I learned that sharing my feelings helps me to identify them. For many years, I felt anger and I self-medicated with food. Seems like with all the big decisions in my life, a little light bulb has to switch on in my brain before I switch into high gear..

In the past, a cold like this would have immediately put me in high carb mode. It would have been my excuse to carb up. Not this time. I didn't work this hard for days just to kill it all because of a cold. Thankfully, I have no appetite anyways.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:52 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHealthy View Post
Thank you for posting your story Melle’s Sweetheart. I’ve been gone from these boards for years and now I find myself 40 pounds above my goal. It has come on with a vengeance the last couple years and I have to do something about it. I was trolling the boards last night and come across this thread. You have so inspired me that I made up my mind to get back on low carb now and not wait for the holidays to pass before starting. In fact, I got out of bed last night and threw away all the bread and cereal in the house.

I hope you get to feeling better real soon.
That's fabulous!

I've always waited for special occasions to pass before starting and now I realize that it's a mistake. The holidays will ALWAYS be around. If it's not Christmas, it's Easter and so forth. This Christmas, I'll be well entrenched into my WOE and it won't bother me. Holidays are about more than just eating.

Please keep coming back to my thread....I love knowing that I'm being motivated but I'm also helping others!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2getmoving View Post
Melle's Sweetheart - You are doing an awesome job and I just love your attitude!! I hope you are feeling better today. I have been off and on low carb for almost 12 years, and I have to agree that lowcarb definitely helps with fertility! My son (12 in January) was conceived after six years of marriage/unprotected sex--and after 30-35 lbs loss. Unfortunately, I let my bad eating habits roar its ugly head again, and now two kids later, I am almost 30lbs heavier then I was at 9 months pregnant with my son - and 100 lbs heavier since I married 18 years ago.

I like several of the quotes "Stay Strong or Stay Fat" and "Attitude is Everything." I am working on changing my attitude and eating habits, once again. and I need to make my book list, and make time for me and get some good reading done!

Just wanted to say, you are doing an awesome job - and you Will succeed!!!!
THanks for sharing your fertility story---I still have hope and losing weight might just be the trick I need to fulfill this dream. We'll have to see. Regardless of whether I conceive on my own or adopt, I still have to lose the weight--I want to be a healthy mom.

I love the quote "Stay Strong or STay Fat", even though I don't care much about fat in itself...if I felt good at my weight and it didn't endanger my health, I'd stay this way.

Thanks for coming by and please keep contributing!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:58 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abby! View Post
Awe! feel better! I'm impressed you thought to buy the sugar fee syrup! Sleep well!
Hi Abby!

You don't know how tempted I was just to down a shot of Nyquil and be done with it, but I read on a thread here that Nyquil has 19 carbs per shot! AHHHH...obviously, I don't think I'm going to gain weight by having Nyquil, but I don't need the cravings monster to rear it's ugly head, along with this bloody cold!

My Husband made me a low carb dessert last night and I actually ate it. It's probably not induction friendly, but I thought it was alright, simply because I haven't been eating much anyways.

He whipped up a cup of heavy cream and added one tablespoon of Dr. Oetker's sugar free Chocolate Mousse powder and a tablespoon of cocoa and liquid sucralose. It was yummy!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: islegirl
Stats: 148/?
WOE: Atkins
I've just begun to read your story and want you to know that I'm going to read every page of your journey and that I so wish you success.

You are going to help many others too - me included.
islegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

DAY THIRTY FIVE!

I'm at work, surviving.

I did weigh in this morning (unofficially) and I've hit the 20 lbs mark. I'm not calling it official until Wednesday....but I have my fingers crossed!

I don't think I'm going to make it all day, but I'm in charge today so I have to be here....grrr.....
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 330/249/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:
DAY THIRTY FIVE!

I'm at work, surviving.

I did weigh in this morning (unofficially) and I've hit the 20 lbs mark. I'm not calling it official until Wednesday....but I have my fingers crossed!

I don't think I'm going to make it all day, but I'm in charge today so I have to be here....grrr.....
Awesome! 20 lbs official or not is fantastic.

Sorry you're a bit under the weather. Wow to stick to your guns while you're not feeling well is proof you will and are doing this! I'm very happy for you!

I'm doing okay, but I have to get a handle on my occasional slip at the store...I buy something with sugar with the excuse that its for DH and then end up eating some of it myself. I do best when I do not buy anything at the store that isn't healthy for me. When the junk is around, sometimes I don't care and ignore it, other times this little demon in my head tells me I can.
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by islegirl View Post
I've just begun to read your story and want you to know that I'm going to read every page of your journey and that I so wish you success.

You are going to help many others too - me included.
Thanks, Islegirl!

Please come back and feel free to share!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
Awesome! 20 lbs official or not is fantastic.

Sorry you're a bit under the weather. Wow to stick to your guns while you're not feeling well is proof you will and are doing this! I'm very happy for you!

I'm doing okay, but I have to get a handle on my occasional slip at the store...I buy something with sugar with the excuse that its for DH and then end up eating some of it myself. I do best when I do not buy anything at the store that isn't healthy for me. When the junk is around, sometimes I don't care and ignore it, other times this little demon in my head tells me I can.
JayLynn--what helps me in situations like that is to not go shopping on an empty stomach. I'm far less "motivated" to buy the wrong foods that way! Even when my hubby does ask for something sweet, I actually enjoy it vicariously through him!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

DAY THIRTY SIX!!

Feeling WAY better!

I'm still sick, but I ate a pot of garlic and leek soup in the past two days and it REALLY helped. I didn't make my own bone broth (feeling too yuck) so I used some store bought stock and just added my garlic, leeks and a touch of tomato paste. It tasted pretty good and it did the trick!

Back at work today and someone else is now off with the same illness as mine! Oh joy! I'm just glad that it's almost time to go home (and relax).

Tomorrow is weigh in day!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and even if you come down with this devil of a cold, try to HANG IN THERE!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:34 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

DAY THIRTY SEVEN:

Today is weigh in day and behold my stats: 20 lbs LOST!

I couldn't have done it without all of you, either!

I'm busy at work today so I can't share much more, but I just want to say that I am still absolutely PUMPED about changing my life!

VIVA LOW CARB!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
DAY THIRTY SEVEN:

Today is weigh in day and behold my stats: 20 lbs LOST!

I couldn't have done it without all of you, either!

I'm busy at work today so I can't share much more, but I just want to say that I am still absolutely PUMPED about changing my life!

VIVA LOW CARB!!!
That's just wonderful!!!!