Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 05:29 AM   #1051
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: US
Posts: 681
Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
You have been so self-disciplined in staying on plan and eating in a healthy mannesr for so long. Congrats, Sweetheart.

And congratulations to your husband on attaining his citizenship. I know you both must be very, very happy. It is such a wonderful thing. Will you celebrate once he's done working today?
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2014, 05:20 AM   #1052
Major LCF Poster!
 
Melle's_Sweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,410
Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 495

Hi Lola!

Thanks, but I'm getting extremely ANNOYED at my lack of weight loss. Today I nixed my summer sausage for lunch. I guess the only think to do now is to begin cutting calories, since I can't figure out why I keep losing and gaining the same weight.

I weighed in this morning at 303.4. *sigh*

My husband and I didn't celebrate last night because he had to rush home and continue working. The ceremony was 2 hours long, then we came home and he worked straight through until 7.30 pm.

So, seeing as this is Wednesday, I'm going to begin cutting calories. We'll see how that works out for the next week.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 coffee
1 sparkling water

Lunch:
3 chicken legs
1.5 roasted peppers
1 diet soda

Dinner:
1 steelhead Trout filet
__________________
Read about my 365 day blogging commitment: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...vengeance.html

I can do this! I prove it EVERY DAY when I avoid sugar...

October 27, 2013 :: ONE YEAR BINGE free!

Progress photos posted on my blog!
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #1053
Blabbermouth!!!
 
This time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 7,312
Gallery: This time
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:49 AM   #1054
Major LCF Poster!
 
Melle's_Sweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,410
Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 496

Hi ThisTime! Thanks for stopping by!

Yesterday I had a slip up. I almost feel like it was some kind of self-harm on my part. I had a migraine and I was working through it pretty well until my boss decided he was going home sick and asked me to make the bank deposit. I felt miserable and tried to get out of it but there was no getting out of it. I was so miserable, I went to the bank and picked up two of my favorite chocolate bars. I ate them at my desk, felt worse and actually LIKED the fact that my head was pounding. On my way home, I bought two more plus two more of something else I liked. YEAH, so I ate about six chocolate bars yesterday.

Needless to say, I didn't eat dinner.

*SIGH*

At home, I relaxed and didn't beat myself up over my binge. My husband came home at 9.00 pm and of course, due to the stress he has at work, there was no sympathy for my migraine. By then, I'd taken so many meds, anyone would have thought I was fine....

So, this morning, my husband was telling me how horrible he felt about having to go to work today and when I asked him what I could do to help, he said "you can LET me quit". WOW. Really? I've told him he could quit SO MANY TIMES. I reminded him that he doesn't need my permission, he can quit at any time...but he said it was up to me to make a revised budget so he can feel comfortable about it.

*SIGH*

I told him I don't have any time at work right now to tinker with our budget. This is something I have to do at home, but at home, he's busy wanting me to do fun things with him on the weekend.

I guess I'll have to get started on the budget so he can feel better about everything.

I'm just so tired of working hard on weight loss and my husband's issues and neither are going anywhere.

When it comes to that binge yesterday, I guess I felt if the scale wasn't going to move, I may as well get some satisfaction out of it.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
2 chicken legs
1 oz summer sausage
1.5 roasted peppers
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Steelhead Trout Filet
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:31 AM   #1055
Major LCF Poster!
 
Melle's_Sweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,410
Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 497

Last night was a repeat of the night before. For some reason, I just wanted to cheat again with the same items.

It's over now.

Done.

Tonight I'm going out for dinner with my parents and then enjoying some nice Gin and Tonic afterwards. It should be nice.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 sparkling water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
2 chicken legs
1.5 roasted peppers
1 oz summer sausage
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Japanese (Sashimi)
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:38 AM   #1056
Major LCF Poster!
 
Melle's_Sweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,410
Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 500

Last week, I was TERRIBLE. More TERRIBLE than I've been in oh...about 500 days...so, this week I vow to be better. I KNOW I can be better, despite the baloney that may be my life right now.

I've decided to eat less.

I was very good for the past three months (last week was the exception) and I kept losing and gaining the same 5 lbs...so the only thing I can think of is that I'm consuming too much food.

I'm going to give this two weeks. I won't weigh in on Wednesday and hopefully, I'll see some positive change on the scale.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 sparkling water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
2 chicken legs
1.5 roasted peppers
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Filet of trout
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:42 AM   #1057
Blabbermouth!!!
 
This time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 7,312
Gallery: This time
I think It's time to take your DH out to the wood shed!

Last edited by This time; 03-10-2014 at 05:43 AM..
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:46 AM   #1058
Major LCF Poster!
 
Melle's_Sweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,410
Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 501

Hi This Time! Thanks for stopping by!

You're probably right about taking my husband out to the wood shed. He wants to quit his job now, so I have to do some work on our budget to see how it'll pan out. I already work part time in the evenings and half day on Sunday to do side jobs but if he quits, I guess I'll be working a lot more than that. I'll have to put an advertisement out for more work.

Ah well...I've done it before, I'll do it again.

I'm a survivor, fat or thin.....

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 sparkling water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
2 chicken legs
1.5 roasted peppers
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Filet of trout
Mushrooms
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #1059
Blabbermouth!!!
 
This time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 7,312
Gallery: This time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle's_Sweetheart View Post
Day 501

Hi This Time! Thanks for stopping by!

You're probably right about taking my husband out to the wood shed. He wants to quit his job now, so I have to do some work on our budget to see how it'll pan out. I already work part time in the evenings and half day on Sunday to do side jobs but if he quits, I guess I'll be working a lot more than that. I'll have to put an advertisement out for more work.

Ah well...I've done it before, I'll do it again.

I'm a survivor, fat or thin.....

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 sparkling water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
2 chicken legs
1.5 roasted peppers
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Filet of trout
Mushrooms

Sweetie you are going to make yourself sick DH is a big boy and with meds will start to feel better otherwise maybe he should go on paid medical leave for his condition.
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #1060
Major LCF Poster!
 
Melle's_Sweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,410
Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 502

Hi This Time!

Unfortunately, my husband was off for 3 months last year and the insurance company denied his claim because he has a "work related issue". The doctor said he should feel better in about 2-3 weeks. I'm hoping the meds work for him!

So I didn't weigh in today due to TOM..what's the point? It'll only annoy me.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 glass sparkling water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
2 chicken legs
1.5 roasted peppers
1 diet cola

Dinner:
Bacon and eggs
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #1061
Blabbermouth!!!
 
This time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 7,312
Gallery: This time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle's_Sweetheart View Post
Day 502

Hi This Time!

Unfortunately, my husband was off for 3 months last year and the insurance company denied his claim because he has a "work related issue". The doctor said he should feel better in about 2-3 weeks. I'm hoping the meds work for him!So I didn't weigh in today due to TOM..what's the point? It'll only annoy me.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 glass sparkling water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
2 chicken legs
1.5 roasted peppers
1 diet cola

Dinner:
Bacon and eggs
..and feel free to call me Linda
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:17 PM   #1062
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Finger Lakes, New York
Posts: 201
Gallery: NanaMary
Stats: 167/138/135
WOE: Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: January 2014
Hello there...I came across your blog and wanted to tell you I admire your tenacity and also the compassion and support you give your husband. He's truly lucky to have you in his corner. Keep up the good work!
NanaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:17 AM   #1063
Major LCF Poster!
 
Melle's_Sweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,410
Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 503

Thanks for your support, Linda!

Hi Nana Mary! Thanks for coming by and reminding me that I'm doing the right thing for my husband. We've been through thick and thin and I'm certainly not going to let his current work situation get me down!

NanaMary--you live in the Finger Lakes? We often go to the Finger Lakes on vacation! Beautiful area...do you know Ports Restaurant in Geneva? My husband and I actually found out about this restaurant through the border patrol guard! It's a great little place!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 glass sparkling water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
2 chicken legs
1.5 roasted peppers
1 diet soda

Dinner:
1 filet of cod
mushrooms
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #1064
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Finger Lakes, New York
Posts: 201
Gallery: NanaMary
Stats: 167/138/135
WOE: Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: January 2014
Hello! Yes I've lived here most of my life..we moved here when I was ten years old from New Jersey, and you're right it is beautiful here, but we'd like to keep it a secret! lol I am familiar with Ports but I'm thinking it used to go by another name and it's driving me crazy that I can't remember what it was! We often visit Canada, normally we travel to the Thousand Islands region as my brother-in-law has a cottage there on one of the islands. It's an amazing place. In June we are planning a visit to Niagara Falls with some family coming east from Colorado. They've never been which is so hard for me to fathom, probably because it's practically in my backyard.
Keep your chin up...from some of your posts I get the feeling that you work too hard! But it seems you're a very conscientious person in many ways so it must just be your nature. I'm sure things will work out just as they should.
NanaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #1065
Major LCF Poster!
 
Melle's_Sweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,410
Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 504

The first time I went to Ports, it was Ports, so I don't know the other name but it sure it an excellent restaurant!

Quote:
In June we are planning a visit to Niagara Falls with some family coming east from Colorado. They've never been which is so hard for me to fathom, probably because it's practically in my backyard.
I live about 40 minutes away from Niagara Falls and having seen it from the US side and the Canadian side (many, many times) I suggest you take the extra few minutes to drive over to the Canadian side. Niagara Falls, NY is really a ghost town, while the Canadian side has gambling and tons of restaurants and great things to see! PLUS, the view is much, much better.

Quote:
Keep your chin up...from some of your posts I get the feeling that you work too hard! But it seems you're a very conscientious person in many ways so it must just be your nature. I'm sure things will work out just as they should.
Thanks for the motivation! I do work hard, but it is in my nature. I like to be busy....

Today I was REALLY busy which is why I'm updating my blog at 4.15pm!

Eating less seems to be helping me a great deal. I hope my weigh in reflects the lesser calories on Wednesday!

Breakfast:
2 eggs boiled
1 glass of water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
2 chicken legs
1.5 red peppers
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Chicken, bacon, cheese bakes
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:04 AM   #1066
Major LCF Poster!
 
Melle's_Sweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,410
Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 507

My weekend was kind of bad. I overate on Saturday, but Sunday was okay. My husband seems to be making improvements, but whether or not they stick remains to be seen. We're seeing a specialist on Wednesday.

I may as well start eating less because once my husband quits his job (and I know he will) we'll be on the tightest budget known to mankind.

Breakfast:
2 eggs
1 sparkling water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
2 chicken legs
1.5 roasted red peppers
1 diet soda

Dinner:
1 chicken breast with cheese and bacon
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #1067
Blabbermouth!!!
 
This time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 7,312
Gallery: This time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle's_Sweetheart View Post
Day 507

My weekend was kind of bad. I overate on Saturday, but Sunday was okay. My husband seems to be making improvements, but whether or not they stick remains to be seen. We're seeing a specialist on Wednesday.

I may as well start eating less because once my husband quits his job (and I know he will) we'll be on the tightest budget known to mankind.

Breakfast:
2 eggs
1 sparkling water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
2 chicken legs
1.5 roasted red peppers
1 diet soda

Dinner:
1 chicken breast with cheese and bacon
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:20 AM   #1068
Blabbermouth!!!
 
This time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 7,312
Gallery: This time
Hey Sweetheart how are you doing
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:09 AM   #1069
Major LCF Poster!
 
Melle's_Sweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,410
Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 514

Sorry for the huge posting delay...we saw the specialist on Wednesday and then all hell broke loose.

Specialist suspects that my husband has a pituitary tumour. Not really serious, but serious enough. My husband doesn't take well to the knowledge that his body is failing him. I thought he was doing pretty well on Wednesday, but Thursday morning, he had a meltdown of epic proportions. I think it's safe to say that he's in the throes of a nervous breakdown.

He decided to quit as of today, BUT he was contacted by the company that handled his return to work the last time and they suggested that he apply for short term disability again and then they would be able to arrange a return to work that would take him away from his current manager.

I know very well that this won't be successful. The short term disability won't approve his claim and the return to work company won't find him another position, so we're effectively running on one salary right now.

I am committed to eating LESS since it's the only way I can cut costs and remain on low carb. I made a soup yesterday and we've developed a spreadsheet that outlines the prices in all the stores we shop in so we can be more frugal with our grocery budget. Hubby is transitioning to a higher carb diet so he can take advantage of cheaper foods.

On the weekend, we're going to see if we can trade in our car for something more efficient on gas. Today I'm cancelling my newspaper subscription and my husband is cancelling his monthly contribution to his retirement savings (they were deducting it from our account the last time even though he didn't have any income).

I'm prepared for the long haul....

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 glass water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
Chicken and spinach soup
1 diet soda

Dinner:
1 pork chop
250 gr. mushrooms
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:26 AM   #1070
Blabbermouth!!!
 
This time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 7,312
Gallery: This time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle's_Sweetheart View Post
Day 514

Sorry for the huge posting delay...we saw the specialist on Wednesday and then all hell broke loose.

Specialist suspects that my husband has a pituitary tumour. Not really serious, but serious enough. My husband doesn't take well to the knowledge that his body is failing him. I thought he was doing pretty well on Wednesday, but Thursday morning, he had a meltdown of epic proportions. I think it's safe to say that he's in the throes of a nervous breakdown.

He decided to quit as of today, BUT he was contacted by the company that handled his return to work the last time and they suggested that he apply for short term disability again and then they would be able to arrange a return to work that would take him away from his current manager.

I know very well that this won't be successful. The short term disability won't approve his claim and the return to work company won't find him another position, so we're effectively running on one salary right now.

I am committed to eating LESS since it's the only way I can cut costs and remain on low carb. I made a soup yesterday and we've developed a spreadsheet that outlines the prices in all the stores we shop in so we can be more frugal with our grocery budget. Hubby is transitioning to a higher carb diet so he can take advantage of cheaper foods.

On the weekend, we're going to see if we can trade in our car for something more efficient on gas. Today I'm cancelling my newspaper subscription and my husband is cancelling his monthly contribution to his retirement savings (they were deducting it from our account the last time even though he didn't have any income).

I'm prepared for the long haul....

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 glass water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
Chicken and spinach soup
1 diet soda

Dinner:
1 pork chop
250 gr. mushrooms
OH sweetie!! I'm so sorry you are going through this you have my thoughts, love and prayers and I hope your DH gets the treatment he needs to function
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:59 AM   #1071
Major LCF Poster!
 
Melle's_Sweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,410
Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 515

Thanks, Linda.

I'm sure everything will turn out fine. I don't know why I have such a positive attitude about it. I should be losing my mind right about now!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 glass water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
1 spinach and chicken soup
1 diet soda

Dinner:
1 filet of cod
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:22 AM   #1072
Blabbermouth!!!
 
This time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 7,312
Gallery: This time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle's_Sweetheart View Post
Day 515

Thanks, Linda.

I'm sure everything will turn out fine. I don't know why I have such a positive attitude about it. I should be losing my mind right about now!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 glass water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
1 spinach and chicken soup
1 diet soda

Dinner:
1 filet of cod
Your a strong woman!! and thats a good thing
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #1073
Major LCF Poster!
 
Melle's_Sweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,410
Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 516

Last night I had a migraine...UGH..it was so bad. I'm not even sure if it's finished today....when I bend down, I still feel it.

Blech.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 glass water
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
Spinach/Chicken soup
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Bacon and Eggs
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #1074
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: US
Posts: 681
Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Oh, Sweetheart, I so hope your headache has vanished. Migraines can be totally incapacitating. Many years ago, during a particularly stressful period in my life, I was troubled by a type of headache which would strike me almost every evening. The pain was so intense and blinding that I was forced to lie down and close my eyes and not move or speak until it would pass. They were really debilitating and truly interfered with my life during that time. Thank goodness the headaches gradually came less and less frequently until I stopped suffering from them. Just another reminder of the incredibly strong effects stress can have on our bodies.

Be well and pain free, Sweetheart, and have a wonderful week.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:25 PM   #1075
Blabbermouth!!!
 
This time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 7,312
Gallery: This time
I hope your feeling better Sweetheart and your hubby as well
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:33 AM   #1076
Blabbermouth!!!
 
This time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 7,312
Gallery: This time
Sweetheart
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #1077
Blabbermouth!!!
 
This time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 7,312
Gallery: This time
Sweetheart, your starting to worry me are you ok
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #1078
Major LCF Poster!
 
Seabreezes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Paradise
Posts: 1,865
Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
We are definitely missing you. I have a feeling you need a hug or three.....

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:36 AM   #1079
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: US
Posts: 681
Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
We are definitely missing you. I have a feeling you need a hug or three.....

I'm missing you too, Sweetheart, and also sending hugs your way. And I'm hoping that you will check back in with us soon. Take care dear and remember that we all are thinking of you and sending good wishes.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:23 AM   #1080
Major LCF Poster!
 
Melle's_Sweetheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,410
Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I haven't checked in....I'm especially sorry that you were wondering where I was and I didn't have the decency to just pass through and say Hi...

UGH...well....this isn't an excuse, but my husband had a severe meltdown on the 20th of March. I tried to stick it out and come here everyday, but he has been home since then and we had to scramble to figure out how we were going to manage our finances. Right now, we're awaiting word from the short term disability once again.

If they don't approve my husband's disability this time, we're better prepared, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to continue on low carb. I want to, but it's just so much cheaper to buy carbs. We could live for a week on $2 worth of pasta, but it takes at least 20 dollars to feel both of us on meat for a week. My husband has cut down--he makes his own muesli now and watches for all the specials on yogurt. We're trying to use coupons and frequent buyer points to cut our grocery bill, but yesterday I just COULD NOT find anything cost effective to have for lunch. I ended up finding some really cheap chicken legs that were 50% off because they expired today.

I've decided to eat less and just wait it out.

If I come here and share my stories of woe, I feel terrible. If I come here and pretend that everything is fine, I feel like a liar, so I just don't come at all.

My birthday is on Wednesday and I told my husband not to buy me anything because we just can't spend money on things we don't need right now.

I don't know if I'll be coming back daily any longer--I will continue eating low carb as long as I can in order to keep my weight down. I definitely don't need to gain weight right now, for sure!

Thanks again for everyone who wondered where I was.....
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.