Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 05:24 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
DAY SEVEN--weigh in day!!!

I weighed in at 343.2 today! That's more than 11 lbs in a week! Woot woot!

My eating plan is pretty limited--I know it doesn't have to be, but for the first little while I like to keep it very simple:

Here's today's menu:

Breakfast:

2 boiled eggs
Cup of decaf coffee with cream

Lunch:

Portion of my crockpot pork roast
1 diet cola

Dinner:

2 fillets of cod, cooked in butter
1 diet cola

Now, throughout the day I drink water when I'm thirsty and I also drink green tea. I might also have a small piece of cheese before bed, but that's basically it. The only thing that might change is my dinner.

I can do this! I prove it EVERY DAY when I avoid sugar...

October 27, 2013 :: ONE YEAR BINGE free!

Progress photos posted on my blog!
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abby!
Stats: 168/134/125
WOE: LC
YAYAYAYA!!! Awesome! So excited for you! You in particular have been on my mind as I love your motivation. Now remember, you are not going to lose like the first week every week so dont mind that. Some weeks will stall. Keep at it and don't let up! Also, will you be adding a few veggies soon? Are you taking vitamins?
abby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amity79
Stats: Cushing's High 380 / Post-Cushing's 278 / Goal 199
WOE: Quasi Atkins
Start Date: 10/22/12
Amity79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
drjlocarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eagle eye
WOE: Low Carb

You said what you meant and meant what you said !! Journey on my friend .......journey on!
eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abby! View Post
YAYAYAYA!!! Awesome! So excited for you! You in particular have been on my mind as I love your motivation. Now remember, you are not going to lose like the first week every week so dont mind that. Some weeks will stall. Keep at it and don't let up! Also, will you be adding a few veggies soon? Are you taking vitamins?
Thanks abby!

I realize I won't lose like this every week....I've experienced the post induction stall before....I'm ready for it!

I want to add veggies, but I tend to overdo vegetables so I'm trying to find a method that will work for me. I discussed only having veggies on weekends with my Husband yesterday--he seemed to think that was a good plan. It opens up my options for when I may be entertaining or going out to eat.

Vitamins...yeah. I should be taking them, but other than the odd potassium tablet, I've been forgetting.

Note to self--pick up a multivitamin on the way home....

Thanks to all for the words and emoticons of praise! Let's DO this!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Yes, I've read a bit meat only diets in the past and they say you can have vitamin deficiencies in a purely meat diets otherwise. Or, a suggestion I read is to try to eat the interesting parts of the animal if you can stomach it ( brains, offal etc.) which are loaded with vitamins. That's why societies that survive with just meat don’t suffer these because they eat the whole animal. Otherwise you're doing great!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SeaMaiden
WOE: Low Carb/Gluten-Free/No Aspartame or Sucralose
I completely concur with the comment about reading Wheat Belly. I read it about 6 months ago and man, what an eye opener. Totally makes you realize that while yes, we overeat carbs, wheat IS addictive because it's made that way now (so unlike it was even 50 years ago).

I also give you props for going to counseling. So many people overeat or binge because of hidden emotional things in their childhood, teens, or early 20's that make them grab the wrong kinds of foods to "stuff down" their feelings. (I am one of them). Once they learn to work through those traumas, and forgive themselves, they can focus on their self-worth and health again.

Once I realized that I was using food as a drug to self-soothe, that really helped wake me up to stop doing that.

Go for it! You can do it! We believe in you!

Hi, I'm Kate!

Don't live your life by what the scale says, just live your life and keep on going!

"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”~ Wayne Dyer

"No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again." ~ Buddha
SeaMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/192/170 5'9" 47yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012

Amazing success this week!
Ride that momentum and keep moving forward!

Just be wary of burn-out on such a severely limited diet. As someone else on this board said, "None of us is here because we ate too many vegetables." (In response to someone who ate a bunch of carrots or something ). You are in this for the long haul, right? There's no race and you won't be getting a check for $250K for getting the weight off the fastest (unless you are actually a Biggest Loser constestant and keeping it a secret from us! )

Keep the posts coming, too. We'll help keep you accountable. And if you slip we'll help you get right back up.
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Amazing success this week!
Thanks!

Quote:
As someone else on this board said, "None of us is here because we ate too many vegetables."
While I agree--this is true, my problem is that very little vegetables will knock me out of ketosis and cause me to begin cravings sweets again. I want to re-integrate vegetables but maybe I'll do it only twice per week. I don't mind eating a monotonous menu through the work week.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

DAY EIGHT!

Yesterday, I survived lunch with my Mom! We went to our favourite sushi place and I ordered a boatload of salmon sashimi. I even had a few slivers of pickled ginger (checked the carb count--0 carbs per ounce)....I really enjoyed that!

This weekend, my sister and her boyfriend are coming to dinner. When I have guests, I usually make a low carb dinner (not that anyone notices) but this time I want to get rid of my carby food, so I'm going to serve pasta (one bag I don't want to throw out), roasted rosemary garlic chicken and a caesar salad. I am also going to make low carb dessert---crepes with mascarpone cream. I'm going to make my crepes with eggs and cream cheese, so wish me luck....I saw the recipe somewhere here....

ETA: I just wanted to clarify that I won't partake in the pasta (of course!)

Very proud of myself at this point. It's been a long time since I have been able to stay on track when faced with a sushi place...lol.....

Last edited by Melle's_Sweetheart; 10-25-2012 at 06:18 AM..
Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle's_Sweetheart View Post
DAY EIGHT!

Yesterday, I survived lunch with my Mom! We went to our favourite sushi place and I ordered a boatload of salmon sashimi. I even had a few slivers of pickled ginger (checked the carb count--0 carbs per ounce)....I really enjoyed that!

This weekend, my sister and her boyfriend are coming to dinner. When I have guests, I usually make a low carb dinner (not that anyone notices) but this time I want to get rid of my carby food, so I'm going to serve pasta (one bag I don't want to throw out), roasted rosemary garlic chicken and a caesar salad. I am also going to make low carb dessert---crepes with mascarpone cream. I'm going to make my crepes with eggs and cream cheese, so wish me luck....I saw the recipe somewhere here....

ETA: I just wanted to clarify that I won't partake in the pasta (of course!)

Very proud of myself at this point. It's been a long time since I have been able to stay on track when faced with a sushi place...lol.....
Good for you with the sushi! At some point (when you are ready to eat more veg) you could try "salad sushi"- they replace the rice in maki rolls with lettuce leaves, but the rest is the fish, avocado, cream cheese, cuke slices, etc. that you would normally have in a maki roll, then wrapped in the nori.

ALSO- have you ever tried zucchini noodles (ie spiral cut or shaved zucchini) in place of pasta noodles? Might be nice to have something else on your plate that looks pasta-ish and can hold whatever sauces/seasonings are going on the other's pasta dish. Just a thought. My husband and I always make this sub whenever we entertain. We also put curries and other spicy/saucy things on a bed of spinach instead of rice. It's amazing to me how many times the big bowls of spinach leaves are emptied out before the rice is, as our guests usually help themselves to the spinach, too.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rosetta
Stats: 198/149/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July, 2002
Quote:
Day Four, COMPLETE!

Just sitting down to eat some chicken and I thought I'd stop by and tell everyone here that I had another AHA, moment!

Attitude is everything!
Attitude really is everything! Congrats on getting back to what you know works. Like you said, this WOE is not really that hard once you set your mind to it. Denial makes it stop working. Stay wide awake!!!
Rosetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lramirez2000 View Post
Good for you with the sushi! At some point (when you are ready to eat more veg) you could try "salad sushi"- they replace the rice in maki rolls with lettuce leaves, but the rest is the fish, avocado, cream cheese, cuke slices, etc. that you would normally have in a maki roll, then wrapped in the nori.
Back about 10 years ago,during my first go with low carb, I had a good relationship with a local sushi chef who would make my hand rolls this way. They were fabulous. After a while, I just told him to give me extra salmon and avocado and I omitted the lettuce completely.

The problem now is that I live in a different city and we have nothing but cookie cutter, all you can eat places that won't do special orders. No problem though--I love sashimi.

Quote:
ALSO- have you ever tried zucchini noodles (ie spiral cut or shaved zucchini) in place of pasta noodles? Might be nice to have something else on your plate that looks pasta-ish and can hold whatever sauces/seasonings are going on the other's pasta dish. Just a thought. My husband and I always make this sub whenever we entertain. We also put curries and other spicy/saucy things on a bed of spinach instead of rice. It's amazing to me how many times the big bowls of spinach leaves are emptied out before the rice is, as our guests usually help themselves to the spinach, too.
I LOVE, LOVE,LOVE spaghetti squash...problem is, I way overdo it! LOL...but I will eat it again, my Husband loves it, too. I've never tried the zucchini noodles--might try that in the summer when we plant more zucchini than we can eat!

What I DO love and I haven't had in ages is Shirataki noodles! They are AWESOME! I have to go to an asian market where no one speaks English to get them, but it's so worth it...and they're SO DARN CHEAP! Come to think of it, I may pick up some for my dinner on Saturday!!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosetta View Post
Attitude really is everything! Congrats on getting back to what you know works. Like you said, this WOE is not really that hard once you set your mind to it. Denial makes it stop working. Stay wide awake!!!
Thanks!

In the past 10 years, I've been on and off this WOE so many times and what I never understood is that attitude will get you there.

When I heard the phrase "attitude is everything" I didn't really know what it meant...but now I FEEL it.

ROCK ON!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HappyHappyJoyJoy
Stats: 201.8/160.6/161
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 10,2012
Just wanted to chime in and say:

YOU ARE DOING SO GREAT!! Congratulations!!

KUTGW!!
HappyHappyJoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: twizzlesistr
Get it!

You have encouraged me to get back on track too! I followed just what you were doing, I am in ketosis and feeling fine!

Keep us posted.
twizzlesistr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Just wanted to chime in and say:

YOU ARE DOING SO GREAT!! Congratulations!!

KUTGW!!
Thanks!

I feel strong! I feel confident!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizzlesistr View Post
Get it!

You have encouraged me to get back on track too! I followed just what you were doing, I am in ketosis and feeling fine!

Keep us posted.
You go, girl!!!

I love encouraging others to jump back in the ring!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:41 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

DAY NINE!

WOO HOOO...and it's FRiday!

I hope everyone has a great weekend---I'm going to be busy, but I hope I'll be able to log in and update my progress.....I've almost finished my two weeks of "induction"...

YAY!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
I just read this thread, and I love it!! Love hearing such motivation.

It took me getting dx'd with diabetes to light the fire under my butt, so I know what it feels like when you finally say "NO MORE."

Hang on to that feeling as long as you can! I don't have the same intensity as I did in the beginning, but after a year the eating is a habit. I don't really think of it as "LC diet," it's just the way I eat.
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hang on to that feeling as long as you can!
I'm trying--it's all I have! Besides--I hope that my motivation will catch on!

DAY NINE--Complete!

Today I survived a lunch with my co-workers at a pasta place!!!

What really made me smile was one of my co-workers who, when invited for lunch, immediately said "We have to make sure that the restaurant is good for Melle's Sweetheart--she's eating HEALTHY". WOW. What a sweetheart.

I told him I very much appreciated him looking out for me. Now, why did we end up at a pasta place? I was being a team player--everyone else wanted to go there and I knew I could get a rocking caesar salad with grilled chicken and that's exactly what I did!

For the past two years, every time I started low carb, a day like today would have been the breaking point. The excuses would have come out: "OH, a little _____ (fill in your cheat of choice) won't harm my weight loss"...and the binge spiral would begin again.

NO MORE!

Today I proved to myself that I can do this and I'm no worse off for NOT having eaten a carby lunch. In fact, I'm WAY BETTER OFF!

Everyday is a new challenge and every day I prove to myself that I can succeed!

Have a wonderfully low carb weekend, everyone!!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
I am lovin' checking in on this thread! for Melle's Sweetheart and everyone who is being inspired by her!

To everyone, please remember to be kind to yourself on "on plan" days and on not so "on plan" days (which will eventually come to most of us). No one ever "hated themselves thin". We must love ourselves enough to do what is best for us and our health. I had a support group about this at a local hospital from January through July of this year. I didn't get very good attendance so discontinued it. I really don't want to believe that I am on a "diet", because diets don't work. I am eating this way to try to get my metabolic syndrome, aches and pains and my thyroid issues in order. And, like the LC success stories, it just becomes a way of life.

My best to all! Have a super weekend!

Last edited by dipgal; 10-27-2012 at 08:06 AM..
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Melle's Sweetheart- your enthusiasm is infectious!

I hope you have a wonderful on-plan weekend and your dinner party with your in-laws goes off without a hitch.

Let us know what happens!

Eat well and be well.
Leslie
Old 10-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm trying--it's all I have! Besides--I hope that my motivation will catch on!

DAY NINE--Complete!

Today I survived a lunch with my co-workers at a pasta place!!!

What really made me smile was one of my co-workers who, when invited for lunch, immediately said "We have to make sure that the restaurant is good for Melle's Sweetheart--she's eating HEALTHY". WOW. What a sweetheart.

I told him I very much appreciated him looking out for me. Now, why did we end up at a pasta place? I was being a team player--everyone else wanted to go there and I knew I could get a rocking caesar salad with grilled chicken and that's exactly what I did!

For the past two years, every time I started low carb, a day like today would have been the breaking point. The excuses would have come out: "OH, a little _____ (fill in your cheat of choice) won't harm my weight loss"...and the binge spiral would begin again.

NO MORE!

Today I proved to myself that I can do this and I'm no worse off for NOT having eaten a carby lunch. In fact, I'm WAY BETTER OFF!

Everyday is a new challenge and every day I prove to myself that I can succeed!

Have a wonderfully low carb weekend, everyone!!!!

I love it! the pasta test is the hardest!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

DAY THIRTEEN!

Weekend was awesome--I remained on plan and didn't even care that I couldn't partake in the pasta course....everyone enjoyed the pasta. I'm so glad that bag of pasta is gone (I didn't want to throw it out).

Yesterday I did a blade pot roast in my slow cooker. I'm having it for lunch today --I haven't even tasted it! I also made a big pot of chili for my Husband so he has something to eat on the fly this week.

My challenge for this week is going to be:

The arrival of my good ol' Aunt FLO

The water weight is already starting--my feet are swollen today. In the past, the weight that I gain with my aunt flo usually gets me down and puts me in a sour mood, but I think with all the support I'm recieving this time around, I'll get through it unscathed....

March on vengeful warriors of low carb!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:09 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

DAY FOURTEEN!

According to the Atkin's diet, this should be my last day of induction. I always do things a bit differently, so I'm going to maintain my diet the way it is and only eat veggies on the weekend. We'll see how that works out.

I hope no one was affected too severely by Hurricane Sandy. The wind kept me awake last night so I'm a bit drowsy today....

Tomorrow is my second weigh in---wish me luck!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
Keep up the good work! The best part of being older (56) is no more Aunt Flo! That's funny... I never heard that one! I never had too much problem with the swelling, but "she" did derail my exercise plans in the old days. Too uncomfortable... ick.. I have no excuse now! Let us know what the metal monster said!!
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The best part of being older (56) is no more Aunt Flo!
I've had PCOS for my entire adult life and when the cysts would flare up in my 20's, I used to yearn for menopause. Now that i'm 41 and I'd love to have a baby, I keep hoping and praying that my cycles remain regular! LOL....

I would have never guessed you were 56 from your avatar! WOW--you look great!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiterateGriffin
Stats: 236.5 start (Jan 2012) /199.7/150 goal 5'9", 42 yr
WOE: Atkins (though I think a fairly early version)
Start Date: Jan 6 2012
~checking back in on this thread~ What? TWELVE POUNDS! Way to go, woman!

I must admit, I'm very impressed with the challenges you've sailed through! That's a lot of toughies in a very short time! The good news is that the next time they come up, you'll already know you can stay strong. (Knowing makes it easier.)

You're doing great! Keep it up!
LiterateGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote