Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #841
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 205/185/140
WOE: LC/Experimenting w/ NK
Start Date: Jan 2012
Aw MS, I wish I could give you a big hug!
I hope you can get some relief soon! Life sure gets complicated, I know when everything weighs so heavily on you its hard to see how things will turn out. I know your DH was having a hard time, and you are supporting him, maybe talk to him and explain you still want to support his mental health but you cannot solely bear the financial burden, as it is starting to affect your health? It's a hard discussion to have, no way around that.
I know for me & my DH we have a hard time because we were both alone and very independent for a long time before we got together, and that sometimes shows up as difficulty finding a compromise when it comes to big decisions about our lives together. And as a woman I think we can tend to silently take on what the men in our lives can't seem to handle, and then silently suffer through the after effects.
Anyway I'm rambling...just wanted to give hugs and let you know we're pullin' for ya! Maybe you can get a swim in to relieve some stress? Take care.
alex_in_wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #842
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/251.5/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
Oh honey, I so get it and feel your pain. ((Hugs)) to you! When our spouses don't live up to their side of the bargain it can be stressful, frustrating and infuriating! Without going into too much detail here on the internet (I'd be happy to private message you details if you are interested), my DH hasn't worked since he was 53.. He is now 65. He was going to get a job when we moved here 10 1/2 yrs ago, but didn't. Instead, he took care of the inside/outside of the house while I brought home "the bacon".

He hasn't done that for the last 5 years and I lost my job at about the same time. We have 2 home-based businesses which we are now closing. We've kept above water somehow without dipping too far into our nest egg.

I am still very active in volunteering pursuits - mostly Toastmasters Int'l.. and he does nothing.. He can go for almost a week without leaving the house.. It's crazy.. I was not expecting this. I see other middle-age couples who have a great life together..

The problem is, when we don't have kids there isn't as much we have in common. Small things can take a bigger toll. I don't know how long you two have been together, but the best thing to do is COMMUNICATE your expectations. We often think we know the other person understands where we are coming from.. but they don't. They only see the situation through their eyes.

i.e. maybe he needs to get a job beneath him temporarily to help with the bills.. Or cut costs for things that are not necessities (golf, sporting event tix..).

Whatever, I am so sorry for your pain!

xoxoxoxo

Judy

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #843
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 357 and 358

First of all, I didn't blog yesterday. I didn't have a bad day, I just didn't want to deal with ANYTHING.

Today was better. Hubby and I re-potted some houseplants, did some cleaning up in the yard, went for a nice drive.

Again, Alex and Judy, thanks for your words of affirmation.

Alex--hubby and I married late. He was 29 and I was 34. I sponsored his immigration into Canada, so he didn't work for the first year of our marriage. That didn't bother me because we lived in an apartment and I could easily carry the load. Things are different now--we have a mortgage, a better car (that isn't paid) and we live a different lifestyle now.

My husband knows I can't foot the burden on my own, but he figures that he hasn't been fired, so he's just waiting for the red tape to be sorted out so he can go back to work. He has a more laid back approach than I do--I'm impatient. He feels that we have more than enough savings to cover any losses so, it's all good. I don't feel that way. I like our finances to be squared away ALL THE TIME. I hate debt.

Judy--I think if we had children right now, it would be a lot worse for me. My stress level would be even higher. I think the absence of children in our relationship is the saving grace. Even if we lost everything, we'd still be okay. We'd take a hit mentally (pride...sigh) but other than that, we'd always be able to support ourselves. He has a MUCH better education than I have (a Master's degree in Economics) so his job prospects are always good and he has a good work ethic. I'm not worried that he'll never work again, I'm just worried that he's not taking it as seriously as I am. When he wasn't well, it didn't bother me, now that he's actually griping about being at home, my answer is "GET CRACKING--don't wait for others to call you". I have a managerial personality, he doesn't. He's very much the type that has to be lead to the task at hand.

I think I know how YOU feel, though. I worked with a woman who supported herself, her husband and THREE kids in university. She was stressed all the time. I found out afterwards that her husband was addicted to painkillers. He NEVER left the house, didn't work--she was really depressed. I hope that your situation doesn't affect you that badly.

I was being particularly negative on Friday. It's been a negative week for me. Monday WON'T be better, but I'm prepared. (This is work related for me)

I've cheated. I haven't binged, but I've cheated. I'm going to throw that out there. The old stress eating got a hold of me. I'm going to cleanse myself this week, I just have to stay in the right mindset. My husband isn't helping me NOT to cheat, either. It's not his JOB, but he's not exactly holding me back. He's not overweight, but when the munchies strike, he loves an eating buddy.

SO, yeah...I've confessed. I'm probably not going to end up down much more than 50lbs on day 365, but I'm okay with that. A new year, a new beginning. If I can lose another 50 next year, I'll be happy. I have the rest of my life--it's a lifestyle change, right?

I can do this! I prove it EVERY DAY when I avoid sugar...

October 27, 2013 :: ONE YEAR BINGE free!

Progress photos posted on my blog!
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:00 AM   #844
Major LCF Poster!

Day 359

Well, today feels better than last week already, so I plan to get back on the horse and be GOOD.

My food today consists of all good stuff and I have no plans to cheat AT ALL. I'm writing down what I'm eating so I'm compelled to eat what I've said I've eaten...if that makes sense!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 decaf coffee
1 tea

Lunch:
Caesar Salad (Dressing, cheese, chicken bacon)
1 diet soda
1 small container ricotta cheese w/splenda and vanilla

Dinner:
Spaghetti squash w/tomato sauce and cheese
1 diet soda
Old 10-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #845
Senior LCF Member

MS - congrats on your first year of a healthier you! It isn't a race - you know that! You picked yourself up after a brief fall of the wagon and all is good! You learned some health lessons and had to listen to what your body was telling you it needed (fiber). Pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

I see the issue now with your DH not working. It definitely sounds like some miscommunication between you two as far as how you both *view* things. Just a temporary glitch.

Children would have been a big problem for us if we had them. Sometimes the "universe" or our "higher power" knows better than we do..

I did not have a good "on plan" week last week. I thought I was doing okay, but in weighing myself yesterday morning I was only kidding myself. I need to decide on a plan and stick with it. I hate rules, but I guess I am going to need them. Have I learned to not hate myself when I break them? That's the question. I do not want to go down the self-hate road again.

I made a green smoothie this a.m. Some fruit, but generally low carb.. I am still struggling with getting to the pool for a workout.. ugh!

I hope your Monday was better than you expected it to be!

xoxoxoxoxo
Old 10-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #846
Senior LCF Member

I don't blame you for wanting everything squared away all the time, I know if it were me I would be worried about using that money and not having enough during a more urgent emergency. Not that mental health isn't important, but I mean for like if there's an accident, etc. I've been in that situation and it is no fun!

Anyhow you are coming up on your year anniversary, whoohoo!!!
You (and Judy, you too! I'm going to have to get on over to your blog, too ) are such an inspiration, and to keep your blog going is so important. It really helps to see the nuts and bolts of everyday low carb (which is sometimes decidedly not low carb, ah, life!) and how it effects and is effected by the things that go on in our daily lives, big and small. We are learning along with you
Old 10-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #847
Major LCF Poster!

Day 360

I've been on plan all day, except that I literally only just got a few moments to write this. Work is NUTS. I mean, people are coming apart at the seams, NUTS.

More tomorrow on that....

My husband got called back to work (yay)...but he's freaking out and calling me at work to say that he wished he didn't have the same job and that he's nervous and ...ARGH...the pressure gave me a migraine. Luckily, a co-worker keeps strong painkillers in his lunch bag....

I love it that you two stick by me (and I feel like an arse that I haven't been participating at your blog, Judy)....I'm really happy to have such great cheerleaders. What would I have done without you?
Old 10-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #848
Senior LCF Member

It's nice to have a couple of people that can relate - in general! No worries on not commenting on my journal.. I am doing it for my thoughts, and if something I say resonates with someone that is great. So many of us think that our feelings, behaviors, etc. are just ours alone. Not everyone has all the answers, so it helps to connect here.

I am glad your DH is going back to work, but sorry that he is stressed. I guess being out of the loop for awhile was a nice change (except for the $$).. maybe he can think of a plan B for the rest of his career. It's no fun to be unhappy at a place where you spend so much time. It sounds like you can use a Plan B, too!

I made another Nutri-blast this morning with my new Nutri-bullet. It was great. I am hoping I keep up with it long-term. I could really use some better health (along with weight loss) and something that I enjoy...and is not so darn hard for me to follow.

I went out to lunch today and ate some higher carb things.. sigh... Will I have another Nutri-blast instead of dinner like I told myself? Only time will tell..
Old 10-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #849
Major LCF Poster!

Day 361

I weighed in at 303.8 today. Lower, but still UP. Grr.

I'm bummed out today....my husband is being pretty whiney about going back to work. Interesting since he should have been going over his eventual return to work with his psychologist. I can't be Mommy all the time....I'm tired of taking care of him--I have my own crap to worry about!

GRRR..sorry guys....I'm not ending my year very well here.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #850
Senior LCF Member

Even if you don't end your year on a "high note" (which could happen, still 4 more days! ) you've still accomplished so much!
I don't tolerate whining very well either. Well, my 2 year old has an excuse...he's 2...but I have had to tell DH that listening to him complain gets pretty old and makes it seem like he has nothing to be happy about. He often doesn't actually realize how much he is complaining until I point out the constant stream of negativity is draining me, at which point he at least tries to get some perspective or just edit himself for a bit (thank god!) Hopefully once he starts back to work he'll have more focus and less time to whine!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:45 AM   #851
Major LCF Poster!

Day 362

Thanks again, Alex and Judy....

My husband is a funny person...even when I have a terrible migraine, he'll take care of me and make sure I'm comfortable, but if I cry or lament about the pain, he tells me to stop "whining". It used to really hurt my feelings---migraines hurt! Just about the only time I "whine" is when I'm in pain and I don't consider it whining. At the beginning of our marriage, I had to explain to him that telling him about my pain is my way of making sure that if he has to take me to the hospital and I can't explain for myself, SOMEONE knows what I was feeling.

I tried to tell him to be positive this morning, but I feel like he feels as if I'm forcing him to go back to work. I told him that if we sold our house and bought something cheaper, I could easily work and he could stay home---he's not interested in that. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do.

The biggest problem of all is that I can't talk to anyone about this. My husband is very private and doesn't want ANYONE to know that he was off work for 3 months. My parents know, but he doesn't want me discussing it with them. SO, here I am, with no one to talk to because I can't explain the problem to anyone. I have been avoiding my family and my best friend because the temptation to tell them how I feel is too great. This board is the only place where I discuss this matter.

I'm sticking to it as best I can. I haven't binged. I won't binge (because I know it doesn't help anything) but I feel so sad and overwhelmed right now.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #852
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Sweetheart, I've read your journal and followed your journey with interest although I've not popped in yet to introduce myself. But reading your most recent post made me want to stop by and send you a virtual 'hug'. My heart goes out to you. I truly understand how difficult and seemingly intractable certain situations can be. Sometimes the only thing that gets me through problematic times is remembering 'this too shall pass'. And that is a fundamental truth: all things change eventually; nothing stays the same forever. I really hope that things will change in a positive direction for you very shortly.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #853
Senior LCF Member

((Hugs)) to you MS! My dh is also a very private person... and he has many issues that affect our marriage and my happiness. Although I do not want to go against his wishes or trust, I know that for ME, I MUST have a safe place to vent and get feedback. Sure, I could go to counseling for $100 an hour, or I could leave him.. But, I choose to stay and constructively vent to my dearest friends and the few family members I have left. Oh, and here of course.

You know what they say about the ole "oxygen mask".. you are #1! If it helps your sanity and enables you to stay with him and accept him as he is, then you may want to consider sharing your feelings with your other friends and loved ones despite his wishes... in confidence... Do what you have to do to help yourself. Get the physical (versus cyber) hugs you need and other constructive feedback.

Our DH's sometimes put us in very difficult positions. We don't deserve to be in those positions since it isn't anything we have done. Not fair! I almost left my dh a couple of years ago. He needs me too much and I decided to stay and accept him for who he is.

And no, bingeing does not help.. Neither does too much alcohol (I'm talking to myself here!)..

More hugs,

Judy
Old 10-25-2013, 05:32 AM   #854
Major LCF Poster!

Day 363

Ah, confessions.

Today I stopped at Whole Foods on my way to work and bought 6 cookies. *sigh*

I know I'll eat all of them by the end of the day and I know I'll regret it, but I also know that I stuck to my plan for ALMOST 365 days and I will continue sticking to plan for another 365 days (after I eat these cookies).

I won't lie to myself and think I won't gain weight--I will and it will be my own damn fault, but in this MUCK of a life, you sometimes have to treat yourself.

LolaGetz: Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to give me strength.

Quote:
Sometimes the only thing that gets me through problematic times is remembering 'this too shall pass'. And that is a fundamental truth: all things change eventually; nothing stays the same forever. I really hope that things will change in a positive direction for you very shortly.
"This too shall pass" is my mantra. I say it to myself every single day......I BELIEVE things will change and be positive soon...I'm just afraid of the negatives that I face up to that time.

Thanks, again

Judy: You and I share a lot of the same situations. I've been married before, so I know what it's like to decide to leave someone. I take my marriage seriously and to be honest, I wouldn't dream of leaving my husband---not even in the worst of times. We've been through too much together to let this one bump in the road split us up.

This morning, he did say something that just melted my heart. He said that he would help me clean the house tomorrow so we could get it done quicker. Now, in 8 years he has NEVER helped me clean the house. Cleaning is something he took on in the past 3 months to pass the time while he was home. Now that he's back to work, he's actually OFFERING to help ME do the housework. That's huge for me--he's always been a big help around the house, but he has his pet projects (garbage, laundry, cooking) but never has he offered to actually lighten MY load with the cleaning.

AHHH, baby steps.

Thanks to you for sharing your story with me. Men are strange, but I suppose us women are pretty strange to them, too.....

More tomorrow.....have a great weekend!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #855
Senior LCF Member

MS, have those cookies and enjoy them to the max. If that's what you need for comfort right now then so be it... May I suggest you not weigh yourself since that liver glucogan stores *thingamabob* will probably cause you to gain 5 lbs overnight. Just get the craving out of your system and carry on.

Just curious, do you do any low carb baking to help with those cravings? I do - when I am in am ambitious mode.. I have the recipes and the ingredients.. All I need is the UMPH!

Cool about the housework and help from DH!! I hope you two do something really fun together with the extra time!! wink wink..
Old 10-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #856
Senior LCF Member

I do lots of low carb baking, b/c I have blood sugar issues, so these days if I eat a bunch of anything made with real sugar I get sick to my stomach, literally! B/c of our schedule, I usually don't have time to do it during the day either, it's after dinner or after I get DS to bed - then pray he doesn't wake up while I'm baking!
Have you ever checked out the recipe help/suggestions section? Lots of good ideas on there, plus you can always just post a question, like asking for people's most basic/simple/fewest ingredients cookie or something. Everyone there is really helpful!
But even with that, the question is whether or not it triggers more cravings, at which point it might not help any then, and your best bet would be to buckle down and just forego sweets until the sugar cravings go away. And that is hard to do! When I was eating sugar, and this is just me, I couldn't really do once in a while. If I had it, it made me want it everyday, and it was just a bad cycle. I can be an emotional eater too. It's like I was trying to get the "support" I needed from carby foods, but they were actually contributing to the emotional rollercoaster! Crave sugar, eat sugar, feel guilty, eat more sugar because whatever I already screwed up, etc.
Anyhow, I say this because its a slippery slope. Like Judy said, it may have been what you needed right now. You know yourself so you'll know if its becoming a pattern and you need it everyday.

Glad to hear hubby offered you some help! Sweet of him Maybe he just needs work to help him shift his focus. Hopefully things will start looking up soon!
Old 10-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #857
Major LCF Poster!

Day 364 and 365

Didn't blog yesterday because I woke up, hubby and I went shopping for his birthday gift, then we visited my parents, had lunch with them and then went to my sister's place, had dinner with them and didn't return home until 2.30 am.

WHEW...long day.

Today is my ONE YEAR CARBOVERSARY!

I didn't weigh in today because yesterday I ate things that I normally would not on low carb. I had potato skins, pita chips, flat bread and a host of yummy Indian curries. I didn't go nuts and eat sweets (a whole cake like in old times) but I did eat off plan to celebrate my one year carboversary.

As of my last weigh in on Wednesday, I am down 52 lbs. Not the huge loss I'd hoped for, but enough to get me back into a winter coat that I couldn't zip last year.

Today I am re-committed to low carb in a big way. As I did last year, I'm going whole-hog, being positive and looking forward to a new beginning.

My husband is back at work and he mentioned that two new positions are opening up in a different group and he's asked to be transferred. That's good enough for me---that's a GREAT sign.

If I can lose another 52 lbs this year, I will be completely ecstatic! If it takes me 4 years to get down to 150 lbs, then so be it. I'm committed. This is my new LIFE.

Quote:
Just curious, do you do any low carb baking to help with those cravings? I do - when I am in am ambitious mode.. I have the recipes and the ingredients.. All I need is the UMPH!
Sometimes, but I'm a purist when it comes to sweets. Although I drink diet sodas and I'm completely satisfied with them, low carb baking with sweeteners always disappoints me. I've made the flax muffins and I like them, but it's only because I was always a huge bran muffin fan and they have that taste.

Sometimes making low carb treats makes me crave the "real" stuff more, so I mainly stay away.

In closing, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has passed by my blog in the past year and those of you who have not only passed by, but stuck by me and supported me through thick and thin. Thanks SO very much...you'll never know how much your support means to me.

Onward, toward another year of healthy eating!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #858
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Congratulations on your 52 pound loss for the year. There are a lot of people who wished they had lost that amount....even half that amount in a years time. You are a star!

Here's to losing at least that amount in the coming year!

So glad to hear hubby is back at work and keeping fingers crossed that he can get one of the other positions.

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #859
Senior LCF Member

YAY you!!! Happy Anniversary, happy recommitting, happy Hubby who may be transferred. Yahoo!!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:29 AM   #860
Major LCF Poster!

Yr 2, Day 1

Welcome to year two of my low carb journey.

The day started well, despite my husband having some misgivings about having a meeting with his boss this morning. I told him to maintain his boundaries and tell him exactly what needs to happen so that he can do his job effectively. I can't give him more information than that--he has to do the rest himself.

I'm armed with low carb foods today. Made chicken legs for lunch and made some summer sausage matchsticks for a snack.

Onward and forward....I feel re-energized today ( I hope the day remains positive!)

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
2 decaf coffee

Lunch:
3 small chicken legs
1 diet soda
1 oz summer sausage

Dinner:
Chicken breast with salsa and cheese
Water
Old 10-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #861
Senior LCF Member

Hooray!!! Happy LowCarvOVerseray! And Happy LowCarboNew Year! Glad to hear things are shaping up for your hubs, and to him!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #862
Major LCF Poster!

Yr 2, Day 2

Blahhhhhhhhhhhh...my hubby ended up at the doctor again this morning! At least his psychologist convinced him to go to work....BUT now he's having a meeting with his a-hole of a boss. They want him to take on ALL the same tasks as when he left, which is what threw him over the edge in the first place.

I keep telling him he's a shoo-in for the new position, but he just doesn't believe it. He's overthinking things, getting all upset that his boss isn't compassionate...you name it.

I'm a mess....but I'm still on track.......

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
3 chicken legs
1 diet soda
1 oz summer sausage

Dinner:
Spaghetti Squash casserole.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #863
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bobbinb
Stats: 250 / 240/165
WOE: atkins
Start Date: october 2013
You are so right about sugar being addictive, but a few days in ketosis and you will be fine. Just have to stay strong if you think about it remember it goes pretty fast. Try taking 1000 mg of omega 3 that seems to help me. Hang in there you can do this.
bobbinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #864
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mayimba
Stats: 270/270/200
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: October 21, 2013
Yay!!

Congrats Melle's_Sweetheart!!

You're such an inspiration! I just started low carbing again about a month ago...I've been off and on and kept cheating after a few days, but have stayed on strong for over a week now. I'm dealing with the typical headaches and racing heart and energy that come along with it, but I'm happy to be in ketosis and can't wait to be losing weight like I know I can.

You keep me motivated though! Thanks for sharing your journey with us!
mayimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #865
Major LCF Poster!

Yr 2, Day 3

Hi Bobbinb and Mayimba--thanks for the support!

I weighed in today at 300.8, so I've lost 3 lbs already. 7lbs until I get back to my stats weight.

Today was so busy and now I have a brutal headache. My husband called and he's having a good day (thank GOD)...

Short post today because I still have work to do.

Tootles!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #866
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle's_Sweetheart View Post
Yr 2, Day 3

Hi Bobbinb and Mayimba--thanks for the support!

I weighed in today at 300.8, so I've lost 3 lbs already. 7lbs until I get back to my stats weight.

Today was so busy and now I have a brutal headache. My husband called and he's having a good day (thank GOD)...

Short post today because I still have work to do.

Tootles!
That is awesome Melle's_Sweetheart! Congrats on the lose! And another 7 lbs is cake! you can do this!!

Ok...tell me this...I have been completely cheat free and approx. 20g of carbs a day since 10/21...so 10 days now. I have also been testing from "trace" to "large" on the ketostix almost every day. Well, why is it then that I have not lost a single pound?

I know the ketostix aren't always accurate and not a good way to gauge myself, but they really do help keep me motivated and stay away from sugar (even if I use it as a placebo effect). I'm really frustrated with what's happening with me. I have done atkins/low carb before and in the first 2 weeks lost anywhere from 6 to 12 lbs! What is going on now? How can I be in ketosis (I can also tell by the incredible thirst and the "runny" stool I've been having - sorry if TMI - I'm desperate!) and not be losing weight yet?

Any advice? Words of encouragement? I do feel slimmer, I feel the incredible amount of energy low carbing gives me, but not a single digit has moved on the scale and I'm concerned now!

HELP!!!

Joan

Last edited by mayimba; 10-30-2013 at 10:02 PM..
Old 10-31-2013, 06:06 AM   #867
Major LCF Poster!

Yr 2, Day 4

Mayimba:

Quote:
Ok...tell me this...I have been completely cheat free and approx. 20g of carbs a day since 10/21...so 10 days now. I have also been testing from "trace" to "large" on the ketostix almost every day. Well, why is it then that I have not lost a single pound?
Well, it could be a couple of things (and trust me, after a year, I've noticed some patterns):

1. Water weight: Have you been eating a lot of salt that could be causing you to retain water? Even though people tell you to drink tons of water, if you retain it, it'll show as weight on the scale.

2. PMS: Are you close to your period? I can gain almost 7 lbs between ovulating and getting my period...(that's a two week period, combined)

3. Excercise: It's good for you, but it also causes your muscles to be damaged slightly and that means slight swelling. Swelling= water weight.

OR...your body can just be resisting. That's what happens to me...I'll lose a lot, then I'll gain some back, maintain and then lose again...it's just my pattern.

I think you should just stick with it--you have nothing to lose except WEIGHT. Remember--this is a healthy way of eating. You'll feel more energetic and you're protecting yourself against type II diabetes!

Quote:
(I can also tell by the incredible thirst and the "runny" stool I've been having - sorry if TMI - I'm desperate!
I posted about my hemorrhoids last month, trust me...I'm ok with this TMI. LOL....I get the same thing, BTW.

Quote:
Any advice? Words of encouragement? I do feel slimmer, I feel the incredible amount of energy low carbing gives me, but not a single digit has moved on the scale and I'm concerned now!
You feel better, right? Eating the old way made you gain weight and you didn't have the energy you have now, so why go back to it? Your best bet is to stick to your way of eating--that was my mantra and after a year, I'm down a solid 55lbs. Trust me, you will lose weight.....

OH--maybe you can share your menus? Sometimes we think we're eating really clean and there are bad things hidden in the background.

Good days are here for me again....my hubby is happy and it appears that he may just get a new job before the end of the year. He's even on a lighter workload (thank goodness) so no more late nights and weekends!

This positive spin may be an oasis, but I don't care. AS long as my husband is happy right now and he can move forward, all is good....it's amazing how little it takes to make me happy camper. I just need to know that the people around me are happy...I don't even need to be happy myself.

Happy Halloween to everyone! I'm stocked up with chocolate and even though it's raining, I hope at least my neighbours kids stop by. If they don't, my office will be very chocolate-happy tomorrow!
Old 11-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #868
Major LCF Poster!

Yr 2, Day 5

So far so good!

Halloween went off fine---ended up bringing some leftovers to work. Everyone appreciated that!

My husband is doing well, again...one day at a time!

It's my hubby's birthday this weekend, so I have to remember to pick him up a card. I'll probably do that tonight since he has a late meeting at work.

Breakfast:
2 eggs boiled
2 decaf coffee

Lunch:
3 chicken legs
1 diet soda

Dinner:
1 trout filet
1 diet soda

Have a great weekend!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #869
Senior LCF Member

Melles_Sweetheart,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. My daily menu I keep track of in an app on my phone, but my daily meals yesterday consisted of:

2 orders scrambled eggs from McDonald's - 2g
2 orders of bacon from McDonald's (4 strips) - 0.7g
diet coke

lunch:
Atkins shake - 2g

Snack:
Atkins bar - 2g

Dinner:
Double chicken salad from Subway - 6g
Ranch dressing - 1g
diet coke

snack:
mozzarella cheese (5oz.) - 5.5g
water

That is a total of 20g of carbs

And that's a typical day for me.

I weighed myself this morning and again...nothing changed besides I went down 0.2lbs. It's been 2 weeks since I have been cheat free and not a single pound is gone.

Well, I did great for halloween...until today. I just ate 4 fun size bars. BOOO!!! LOL

I am just so frustrated about this weight loss...or lack thereof! I graduate with my bachelors in psychology on December 12th and I have been determined to be 20lbs down by then. Maybe I'm setting my standards up too high. Because I haven't been successful losing this weight, there is no way I'll be that much weight down by then.

Anyway, I know this thread isn't about us, it's your thread, but I really need words of encouragement or ideas of what to eat. I read through your meals and might try to get as close to the things that you eat as I can.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #870
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Halloween went off fine---ended up bringing some leftovers to work.
That's great willpower!

Quote:
My husband is doing well, again...one day at a time!
That's wonderful to hear! And hope you were able to make it to get him a card for his birthday.

Thank you for being such an inspiration! I have 6 weeks to get down 20lbs and if I start this induction phase (again) like I'm supposed too, it shouldn't be a problem.

I went onto the Atkins website and am going to follow one of them meal plans suggestions and stick to it. I want to succeed and will do what I have to to make it happen!!