Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #811
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 340

Hi Dipgal!

Thanks for popping in and giving me that positive motivation that I require and crave!

As for your questions:

Quote:
Sure, there was a few cheats here and there, but that is life! You do NOT want to be that person who works so hard to lose weight but because of deprivation and stress gains it all back in just a few months.
Totally agree. That's why I didn't make a big deal of my fudge on the weekend. It's far better to have a bit of fudge than to sneak it and eat a pound or more a day. That was my life prior to last October.

Quote:
Maybe in year 2 you can add in a bit more movement that you enjoy (you never talk about that) - not because you want to burn calories, but just because healthy bodies like to move. That could get the metabolism moving.
Well, I swim a couple of times a week. I don't blog about it because I agree with Gary Taubes that exercise isn't essential to weight loss. I am a naturally active person. Even at 355, I was swimming 3x per week, hiking, walking, gardening and spending a lot of time just moving around doing housework and being on the move. That's what motivated me to LOSE weight--I became painful to walk and swim, even....because I couldn't do the things I loved, I knew I had to get the weight off. The great part is, I do even MORE now. Every weekend my husband and I go out and walk around, exploring our neighbourhood and points beyond. I agree with you--being active is great and it really is who I am.

Quote:
Have you ever seen a Naturopath or a natural/alternative health practitioner that has a focus on weight loss? Maybe there are some nutritional deficiencies or hormone issues to tend to.. I apologize if you have already checked into all of this and posted about it - because I have not been on LCF for a long time.. Just sharing some info I read consistently on natural health sites and blogs.
My family physician is very nature-centered. He checked me for gut yeast and deficiencies. In August I brought him all my supplements and he told me what I needed and what I didn't. My hormones are okay and my thyroid is functioning well, so I'm content with that.

Quote:
Making good healthy choices that work with YOUR body is the key. Love and accept yourself today, just the way you are and continue to take the best care of yourself you can. You will eventually be the healthiest you you can be! If it's not the number on the scale you've always dreamed of, so be it. You have so much to be proud of! Keep up the great work!
Thanks so much!

My goal is to lose the weight, be happy and healthy. As I've mentioned before, I still eat my dark Lindt chocolate, so I don't feel 100% deprived of my favorite foods. I try to get creative with my cooking, but with my husband not working right now, my creativity is focused on how to stretch our finances more than anything. That is temporary, though...I will keep on.

Once I've completed my one year, I will set new goals. I'm not about to quit now!

Now for today....today I'm having a lunch meeting, but instead of eating the carby crapolla that was ordered, I'm having my yummy caesar salad.

OH--today was weigh in day. Even though I cheated pretty severely over the weekend, I was still at 298.4. I do NOT want to pass the 300lb threshold again.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 cup decaf
1 cup black tea

Lunch:
Caesar salad (Romaine, bacon, chicken, dressing, parmesan cheese)
4 tbsp of pressed Greek yogurt with 4 strawberries (for my gut!)
1 diet soda

Dinner:
1 trout filet
Sparkling water

I can do this! I prove it EVERY DAY when I avoid sugar...

October 27, 2013 :: ONE YEAR BINGE free!

Progress photos posted on my blog!
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #812
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 205/185/140
WOE: LC/Experimenting w/ NK
Start Date: Jan 2012
Hi Melle's Sweetheart!
So sorry you had to go through all of that w/ your BMs - sometimes that is how we learn to take better care of our bodies I guess! I had some problems when I was laid up in the hospital on pain killers a couple of years ago, and let's just say I was lucky I was in the hospital already... and I NEVER want to go through that again!
Glad you are taking steps to address it. Sometimes we get so used to the way our bodies operate we don't realize they are trying to tell us we need to do things differently. I also agree with Dipgal that this is another part of your journey to health, and the occasional off plan food is just a part of life. I think it's just great that you are aware of your previous bingeing pattern and can recognize it and encourage yourself to stop when appropriate. Keep up the good work!
alex_in_wonderland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #813
Major LCF Poster!

Day 341

Hi Alex!

Thanks for the words of encouragement! It seems that I'm finally healing but I think I should still see my doctor to make sure it isn't something more serious. (But I don't think it is)

I feel so much better today. The carbs that I ate over the weekend are finally leaving my system (usually takes about 4 days for me) and I don't feel so sluggish.

I'm really liking my caesar salad for lunch--I think I'll do this for a while longer...PLUS, I'm sure it's cheaper than my 20 dollar roast. I really doubt I'm eating 5 dollars a day worth of salad.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
2 decaf coffee

Lunch:
Caesar Salad (Romaine, bacon, chicken, dressing, parmesan)
4 strawberries with greek yogurt (1/4 cup)
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Flattened chicken with Ajvar
Old 10-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
Hi MS - so glad you've got it all under control and are receptive to "commentary" by folks like me! Keep up the good work! Hugs!
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #815
Major LCF Poster!

Day 342

Quote:
Hi MS - so glad you've got it all under control and are receptive to "commentary" by folks like me! Keep up the good work! Hugs!
Thanks, Dipgal!

I absolutely appreciate "commentary" and suggestions. If it wasn't for people like you, I might miss something. It's not like I have this whole dieting thing wrapped up with a pretty bow...I'm just navigating my way through, trying to be healthy.

I really appreciate the contributions from everyone!

Today I'm moving offices. I've had a nice corner office for the past 6 years but I'm growing out of it and when we hold training courses, this office tends to be disrupted. I'm moving to an office that is double the size and has more window space plus a bigger desk!!! Yay!

Since I have to get onto that right away, I won't blog my food, but it's the same as yesterday. Oh--stepped on the scale today and I've lost 2oz. HEY, it's a LOSS. LOL

Have a great Friday, all!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #816
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: This time
This time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #817
Major LCF Poster!

Day 343

I'm bloody tired.

Still on plan but I just feel like sleeping.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #818
Senior LCF Member

Rest up! You deserve it!

You have inspired me to start my own journal! Thank You MS! My first entry is at:

The "DipGal" Judy Commits to be Healthier!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #819
Major LCF Poster!

Day 344

Quote:
Rest up! You deserve it!

You have inspired me to start my own journal! Thank You MS! My first entry is at:

The "DipGal" Judy Commits to be Healthier!
That's fabulous!!! I'm proud of you! I think you are very articulate and you have a lot to offer so keep it up!!!

Thanks for encouraging me to rest--I took a TWO HOUR nap yesterday. ARGH.

After spending all day on Friday, moving boxes and items from my old office to my new office, I was BUSHED. Saturday morning, I stood in the mall for almost 3.5 hours, negotiating a new cell phone contract for my mother. That wasn't very tiring, but it was taxing on me mentally---I HATE dealing with Canadian cell phone companies. There is a monopoly here and it doesn't matter WHAT you do, they try to screw you. Case in point--I called the company on Thursday and received a quote over the phone. I received an "Interaction ID" so that when I purchased the new phone, the quotation would be easy to source. WELL GUESS WHAT? When the rep at the store tried to get the plan I was quoted, he was told that the representative "made a mistake". I actually took the phone from the rep and gave them a piece of my mind. ARGH...that tired me mentally.

After that, my husband and I went to at least 5 different stores, shopping for our regular weekly stuff. I thought that we'd try a discount grocery store for once (as a woman I work with said she saved 50 dollars in one month by shopping at a particular store). We went and although there were a couple bargains, the prices for regular things that we would normally buy were HIGHER and we weren't able to pay with our credit card that collects travel points. Not worth it for us. A waste of a trip, really.

So, last night we watched a horror movie, had a few gin and tonics (diet tonic, naturally) and then went to bed. This morning, I had 2 hours of side work to catch up on. This afternoon, we're picking up my parents and having sushi to celebrate my mother's 65th birthday.

SO, that's my day!

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and I'll be blogging again tomorrow, as usual!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #820
Major LCF Poster!

Day 345

It's amazing how small changes can alter perceptions.

On Friday, I moved to a new office that is far away from my only other female colleague. This person constantly comments on my diet, my work habits, my relationship with the boss--you name it, she comments on it.

Today, I feel a strange calm. I don't hear her negativity around the corner, swearing at her printer, slamming her phone down and swearing at her husband and kids. I feel calm and focused. I hadn't realized how that was negatively affecting my performance until I left the situation.

She is not as calm. She hasn't even come down to look at my office or comment on it. All the guys either said it looked great or congratulated me--she just pretends that I'm not here.

ALL fine by me....

AND..if that post wasn't whiney enough, I'm now going to comment on what happened yesterday at my mother's birthday:

My sister in law offered to have coffee and cake at her place after dinner for my mother's birthday so she could put her daughter to bed and not have to worry about leaving early. I agreed to it because I knew it was more convenient for her.

Of course, my mother discussed my SIL's pregnancy throughout dinner. FINE. After dinner, my SIL made sure that the conversation did not deviate from her pregnancy by whipping out a baby names book after we cut the cake.

You know, I've made peace with the fact that I won't be having any children, but just because I've made peace with myself, I don't think it's nice that my SIL makes every occasion about her pregnancy. I know it's a special time for her, but when I'm there, I wonder why she just can't tone it down a bit. I LOVE discussing the baby. I'm excited about the baby...but, sometimes I feel like she does these things on purpose.

Maybe I'm being sensitive--I don't know. I can't really tell anyone in my family --my parents think I'm over sensitive and my sister doesn't understand because she's young and hasn't even started trying to have a family yet.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
2 decaf coffee

Lunch:
Romaine lettuce, chicken, bacon, cheese, dressing
Summer sausage
Diet soda

Dinner:
Homemade butter chicken made with chicken thighs
Old 10-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #821
Major LCF Poster!

Day 346

Well, it's Tuesday and I have a strong feeling that TOM will be visiting me today. I have cramps....blah!

I started a new audiobook last night and I had to stop listening to it because it was annoying me----Multiple Blessings by Kate Gosselin. It would have been fine if she hadn't been the narrator. UGH. How I despise that woman! I was interested in the book because I love hearing about how she wrangles 8 kids....but she's a shrew.

Anyways...my sister is planning her wedding for August 2014, so I now have a goal to work toward when I hit my one year anniversary. (I'll be celebrating that on day 365). It's interesting to think of how much less I can weigh by then, especially since I was 335 when she married the first time....

OH--Thanksgiving is on Sunday at my Aunt's place. She asked me to bring my yam casserole. Thanks to all of you Americans for inventing this dish---my family had never tasted yam casserole until I found the recipe online and made it three years ago. Since then, they've all been hooked!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 decaf coffee
1 cup of tea

Lunch:
Ceasar salad
1 oz summer sausage
1 diet soda

Dinner:
LIVER AND ONIONS!!!! YUM!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #822
Senior LCF Member

Hi MS – and thanks for your posts on my journal! I love your jammie/swimming routine in the evening. It’s brilliant! I have my own evening routine and it includes my couch, my kindle and Netflix.. I have never been able to exercise in the evening. If I don’t do it before noon it usually doesn’t happen. But, you have inspired me to think “if there’s a will, there’s a way”. Thanks!!

Onto your cell phone saga. It sounds miserable, but I don’t think the issue is strictly Canadian. Cell phones are THE WORST thing to have to buy! I have never had a smooth transition from one carrier to another. We’re talking “tear your hair out” frustration. I am due for a new one soon. I shudder at the thought!

Good thing you have a new office away from the “office beast”. People like that are toxic as you have realized!

That’s a shame that you have to keep being put into that situation with your SIL. Some people just aren’t as considerate as they should be about other people’s feelings. Maybe you can have a little chat with her when you’re alone.. Well, I guess the only consolation is, you’ll be a wonderful Auntie!! I did not have children either, although I wanted them.. We tried.. it just didn’t work.

I AM going to the pool this morning since I don’t have to be anywhere until 11:30. I AM!! I just need to make it a routine and don't think so much about what a pain it is.

Have a great day!!

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
Old 10-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #823
Senior LCF Member

You guys are really making me want to go swimming! I'm going to try and make it happen next week!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #824
Major LCF Poster!

Day 347

Quote:
You guys are really making me want to go swimming! I'm going to try and make it happen next week!
Yay! Motivation everywhere you look!!!

Today I weighed in at 298.2. It flashed 297, but I have to take the final number. I have my period so I'm guessing I would have been a bit lighter this morning if I wasn't so darn bloated. There's always next week. Not to mention that I've been eating strawberries and yogurt to help my gut health. Everything in that region has been feeling a lot better, so I'm hoping to cut this next Monday.

My new goal is to get to my posted stats by day 365 (October 27th)...I think it's doable.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 decaf coffee
1 tea

Lunch:
Ceasar Salad (Romaine, parmesan, chicken, bacon, dressing)
4 tbsp pressed Greek yogurt
4 strawberries
1 diets soda

Dinner:
Sausage and sauerkraut
Old 10-10-2013, 05:39 AM   #825
Major LCF Poster!

Day 348

I am SO FREAKIN' TIRED TODAY.

I have no idea why I feel so bloody drained but I have no idea how I'm going to make it through today. I just sat down at my desk and I can already tell that today is going to be rough.

UGH.

Today I'm eating/ate:
Eggs
Coffee
Tea
Yogurt
Strawberries
Ceasar Salad
Trout
Old 10-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #826
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abby!
Stats: 168/134/125
WOE: LC
hello there! Just catching up on a lot as i have been moving and preoccupied for a while. So glad you got a new office! I am so happy for you that you got away from sitting next to your negative colleague. thats huge. you've mentioned her a few times and i'm glad for you. the main thing is to be healthy. Looks like you are well on your way keep it up. really proud of you that you've almost made a year!
abby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:20 AM   #827
Major LCF Poster!

Day 349

Hi Abby! Thanks for stopping by.

Yes, I've almost made it a year but I haven't lost quite as much weight as I'd hoped. I guess I have another whole year to work on it!!!

Today I'm feeling drained AGAIN. Thank goodness it's Friday.

List of things I have to do this weekend:
-Make cuttings of my annuals
-Make yam casserole for Thanksgiving on Sunday
-Go to the fair (my husband's thing)
-Buy two gifts

I'm writing these down so I don't forget!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 decaf coffee
1 black tea

Lunch:
Caesar Salad
Pressed yogurt w/strawberries
Diet soda

Dinner:
Ummm....forgot to ask hubby what we're having!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #828
Senior LCF Member

Hey MS - sorry I haven't been around to say HEY the last few days. It's unusual for me, but I've been out from a.m. to about 11 at night. Now, I'm headed out of town for a weekend Mah Jongg tournament.. (Don't know if you know what that is, but it's a wonderful challenging game!).

It's a shame you are feeling tired, but I sure can commiserate! I feel the same way. It may be a change of eating and the body changing over to burning fat instead of carbs (for me).. Or, staying out too late and having fun with friends once or twice a week. Or, my poor liver from too much alcohol over the years. For you, it's probably just the stress of being a 40-something career woman!

I am so glad for you and your upcoming anniversary! You are a role model for us all!!

((Hugs)),

Judy
Old 10-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #829
Major LCF Poster!

Day 350

Hi Dipgal!

I'm feeling a bit better today--maybe I just needed to relax? I don't know!

I hope you're enjoying your Mahjong tournament (my mom plays that on the internet)....I actually managed to do EVERYTHING I had to do, today!

I went to the fair (no baddie foods!), shopped for the 2 gifts, made my Yam casserole and went grocery shopping. Whoops, didn't get around to making the cuttings, but I can do that tomorrow morning.

So far, excellent day especially since I found decaf Folgers coffee for $4.99 a tin! Usually it's 10 dollars!!!! (WE bought 6 tins!)

Right now, I'm enjoying a very nice gin and diet tonic. I'm going to have a shower and just relax for the rest of the evening.

Breakfast:
Hand full of hazelnuts

Lunch:
4 coconut shrimp
2 cheese stuffed mushroom caps

Dinner:
Flattened chicken
Old 10-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #830
Major LCF Poster!

Day 351

Happy Sunday to all! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating today!

I am having dinner at my aunt's house today so I'm bringing the yam casserole (not a Canadian dish, but I got my family hooked on it!). I find Thanksgiving meals to be fairly low carb. I eat turkey and ham, along with lower carb vegetables (sometimes there's brocolli or peas).

This year I may taste my casserole, but no big helpings. A spoonful is all I need to know if it turned out well.

Breakfast:
Pork rinds with cheese dip (yep, pork rinds...they're better than they used to be!)
Decaf Coffee x 2

Lunch:
None

Dinner:
TURKEY!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #831
Senior LCF Member

Hi MS - I hope you are having a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving Day! I bet there's plenty of yummy protein foods for you, and I hope there are some yummy veggies, too! I bet your Yam casserole is delish.. As a substitute, pumpkin is a fairly LC starchy veggie and I make LC muffins out of it (the canned kind with no sugar). I betcha you could do a fairly LC casserole with pumpkin as long as you leave out the marshmallows!!

The Mah Jongg your mother plays (and many people play) is a solitaire type of online game.. It is quite a bit different than face-to-face American Mah Jongg. American Mah Jongg using the National Mah Jongg League's "card" of winning hands is VERY challenging, very fun, very good for the ole brain, and very competitive.. and social of course. I love it! I've only been playing for a few years, and many of my tournament competitors have been playing for a long, long time.. It's still great to play with really good players though. The problem is - when we play locally with friends, there is always food involved! And no one ever seems to be "watching" what they eat - except me from time to time..

I posted about my food intake over the weekend away on my journal, so won't bore you with it here. I weighed myself before I left for the FOS challenge, and won't weigh again until a week from today. I'll take my carbs down a notch for next week and see what happens.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving! No matter what our problems are, we always have much to be thankful for!

Hugs!!

Judy
Old 10-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #832
Major LCF Poster!

Day 352

Good morning, Dipgal! Thanks for coming by!

Quote:
I betcha you could do a fairly LC casserole with pumpkin as long as you leave out the marshmallows!
Hmm..you know that's a swell idea, especially since I don't use marshmallows as a topping (when I first made it, I knew that yams and marshmallows wouldn't go over too well, so I modified it and made a pecan topping).

I might just try to modify it further at Christmas by using pumpkin!!!

Thanks for explaining your Mah jong. You're right--that's very different than what my Mom plays. What you're describing reminds me of a bridge party!

As for MY eating......I didn't over eat, but I definitely ate some yams (no-no) and a piece of my sister's homemade apple pie. It wasn't a huge piece and it wasn't even that sweet (although that doesn't really matter) but it was delicious. My sister (for a 27 year old) makes a fabulous pie. It's better than my grandmother used to make (and that's saying something!)

I just finished cleaning my office and catching up on my side work. My hubby and I are going to see the movie "Gravity" in 3D today. That should be fun.

I'm making a 2 rib prime rib roast for dinner! YUMMO!!!!!

Have a great day, all!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #833
Senior LCF Member

We saw Gravity in 3D the other day. I thought it was just okay. DH really liked it. For the most part it is getting good reviews.. I won't spoil it for you.. let me know how you like it.

Special holidays don't come around that often. I am glad you had moderate portions of things you love and didn't overdo it. That is empowering!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #834
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: frogg
Stats: 220/164/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
Melle's, you should try kabocha squash! It's delicious and very low in carbs. I think it could be a great yam substitute as it is very soft after cooking, like a sweet potato. My entire family loves this squash. In fact, I'm not a big fan of squash in general and I love love this one.

It's tough to cut, that's for sure. To cook it I wash the outside. Don't peel it. Then, cut it in half, scoop out the middle, and chop it into small chunks. Toss with oil and seasonings and pop into a 375 oven until browned and soft. Sooo gooooood.

You can also make it a sweet dessert-type dish, which I've never tried because I just love it savoury so much.

Last edited by frogg; 10-14-2013 at 09:50 PM..
frogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #835
Major LCF Poster!

Day 353

Hi Dipgal:

Quote:
We saw Gravity in 3D the other day. I thought it was just okay. DH really liked it.
Ok--I told my husband it was disappointing and I'm a HUGE astronomy nut. I love anything about NASA or space. I read books on this stuff---JUST LOVE IT. I thought this movie lacked substance. Had it not been in 3D, there would have been NOTHING to it. I really don't know what the buzz is all about....but, like your husband, mine LOVED it. (Were you dizzy? I was dizzy and nauseous for the first hour!)

Frogg: I am definitely going to look for this squash you mentioned!!! Sounds like a winner! Thanks for sharing!

OK--my post is done for today because to be quite blunt, I had a rather uncomfortable rectal exam today. Good news--no tumours, just hemmorhoids.

Have a great day, all!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:11 AM   #836
Major LCF Poster!

Day 354

Weighed in at 305.6 today!!!

I'm annoyed with myself, but I brought this crappola on myself. Thanksgiving wasn't on plan.

I'm back in the saddle today. Now that I've had my examination and everything has been deemed "ok", I am back on my strict low carb foods. No more fooling around.

I'm not going to lie--my husband being off work for 2 months is really weighing heavily on me. The cortisol must be really coursing through my system at this point, which doesn't help matters.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #837
Senior LCF Member

I bet most of that is water weight from the higher carb stuff, and when I am stressed I retain water like mad - so holidays, your husband's situation, and i'm sure rectal exams, are stressful enough to add to water weight! It'll go back down. Glad for you that everything turned out okay in that dept. for you Cheers!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #838
Senior LCF Member

((Hugs)) for you MS! I am confident that your upward fluctuation is just your body adjusting to having some higher carb food - because of the holiday and because of your need to add in fiber due to your.. ahem... health issue.

Just relax and breathe.. feed your body and nourish your soul. Be kind to yourself and do not beat yourself up. That is just counterproductive. Ease back in if you must in order to be kind to yourself. HARSH decisions like "I'll never have more than 10 grams of carbs in a meal (or day) as long as I live" only set us up for failure when we have 15 grams in a meal. I know... I've been there and I don't want to go down that road again..

If there is nothing else I learned about myself and my less than stellar habits lately, I have learned this: I HAVE learned that I am not going to beat myself up for being ME. Although I am older than you, I am not in a race to lose "X" number of pounds by *insert date here*. I am going to enjoy each day and be grateful for it, and if I have 10 or 20 extra carbs because I had lunch with a friend, enjoyed a social event with a cocktail... so be it! It's the long term basic decisions and choices (Sandwich or protein/veggie meal.... sugary cocktail or dry white wine, mashed potatoes or an extra serving of veggies) that will make or break our long term health...

Okay, off soapbox now.. Most of the above rant is for me and not for you and I will put it in my journal.. Take the pieces and apply them as desired - or NOT!
Old 10-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #839
Major LCF Poster!

Day 355

Thanks to both of you.

I completely forgot to blog today. I'm so worn out...more tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #840
Major LCF Poster!

Day 356

It's just been a terrible week for me.

I feel tried, listless, worn out, overwhelmed, overworked and stressed.

My husband just lets the days pass by, leaving messages and not wanting to call into work and speak to his manager. I get what he's trying to do, but posturing for another position should have been done earlier, not NOW. Pretty soon I'm going to have to dip into my savings to live. It's just a really sad situation for me. I never expected my husband to be like this.

I'm not an emotionally needy person, but I expect financial support. He wanted our house, I thought it was too expensive. He wanted a new car, I wanted to go with used, he wanted to do renovations to our house, I wanted to wait....all these things that he wanted and convinced me that we could afford, is what's killing me now. I can't support all this on my paycheque alone. Keep in mind I also work side jobs and that's not even enough.

I'm fearing the worst and it's taking it's toll on me.

I really appreciate the words of encouragement, Judy and Alex.....*sigh* I just wish I could be more upbeat. It's probably stress that's causing me to retain water...I haven't been eating much.

Blah..just blah. My righteous anger has turned into sadness....