Gallery: This time
WTG
This time is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #782
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day 322

Thanks, Abby and This Time!

I weighed in again this morning for nothing more than excrement and laughter (hehe) and I weighed in at 290.2!!!!!!!!! What the hell! I don't know what's causing this major whoosh, but I'm taking it!

Now, I'm not going to keep my hopes up that this'll stick because I am expecting TOM any day now.

Considering how high my weight was creeping up a week and a half ago, even a 2 lb gain won't scare me.

Have a GREAT Friday!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
2 decaf coffee

Lunch:
Roast beef
1 Sparkling water

Dinner:
Tandoori Chicken
1 diet soda

I can do this! I prove it EVERY DAY when I avoid sugar...

October 27, 2013 :: ONE YEAR BINGE free!

Progress photos posted on my blog!
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #783
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bubbles1234
WOE: Low Carb
Great job! You are an inspiration!!!!
bubbles1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #784
Major LCF Poster!

Day 322 and 323

*hangs head in shame*

I FORGOT to log in yesterday! ARGH..sorry! I woke up and ran out with my husband and didn't come home until 9.30 pm! That's no excuse since I can enter it on my phone, but I just forgot!

TOM started Friday night--UGH. I hope all my water retention will be gone by Wednesday!

Quote:
Great job! You are an inspiration!!!!
Thanks, Bubbles!!!

I haven't eaten anything yet today except a cup of coffee.....

Have a great Sunday!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #785
Major LCF Poster!

Day 324

Not much to say today except that it's Monday!

Back on track with my routine and eating my healthy food. Right now I'm drinking a Perrier because I had to take some meds for cramps. YA, cramps--I feel like I'm 16! Why do I still have cramps after almost 3 days???

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 decaf coffee
1 Perrier Water

Lunch:
Roast beef
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Um...I don't remember what I asked my hubby to cook tonight....fish or chicken I'm sure....
Old 09-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #786
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 205/185/140
WOE: LC/Experimenting w/ NK
Start Date: Jan 2012
Hi Melle's Sweetheart! Just popping in to say hello, and congrats on your recent losses! Hope the trend continues downward for ya! You are definitely an inspiration
alex_in_wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #787
Major LCF Poster!

Day 325

Quote:
Hi Melle's Sweetheart! Just popping in to say hello, and congrats on your recent losses! Hope the trend continues downward for ya! You are definitely an inspiration
Thanks, Alex! Here's to hoping I have a good weigh-in tomorrow!

I feel so tired today! I don't know why AND I have a tummy ache! Blah and wahhhh!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
Salami slices
(Going to lunch with my SIL at 1.00 pm)

Dinner:
Chicken
Caprese salad
Old 09-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #788
Major LCF Poster!

Day 326

Had my weigh in this morning--I'm at 295.2. Probably TOM and the fact that I'm not feeling well contributed to that terrible number.

I am SO TIRED. I slept from 8.30 pm to 6.30 am this morning and I'm still feeling groggy and horrible. Tummy ache persists.

ARGH..I hate flu season!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
Roast beef
German Salami
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Trout filet
Sparkling water
Old 09-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #789
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you're fighting something off...hope you feel better soon!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:59 AM   #790
Major LCF Poster!

Day 327

Quote:
Sounds like you're fighting something off...hope you feel better soon!
Thanks, Alex!

I woke up with a tummy ache again this morning. My husband kept me awake all night (he twitches in his sleep) so I don't feel that I am well-rested....I don't feel HORRIBLE, so maybe whatever it was is leaving.

Another busy day at work....oh joy!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
2 decaf coffee

Lunch:
Roast beef
German Sausage
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Flattened chicken
Old 09-20-2013, 05:38 AM   #791
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: This time
Feel better soon sweetie
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #792
Major LCF Poster!

Day 328

Thanks, This Time! I actually feel a bit better today. I slept well last night and I think I may have beaten the bug!

Here's the issue I'm having---I feel bloated today. My pants are fitting poorly, I just feel like my stomach is bigger than it should be. Tom is over, so I can't blame it on water retention....weird.

Anyways...I can't complain too much on a Friday!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
2 decaf coffee

Lunch:
Roast beef
German Salami
Diet soda

Dinner:
Leftover trout
Old 09-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #793
Major LCF Poster!

Day 329

Pretty decent day so far...did some housework and went to the farmer's market. We picked up 12 containers of raspberries for 2 dollars. Same deal on strawberries! I also picked up a yummy Menonite summer sausage.

Breakfast:
3 fried eggs
8 slices bacon
Decaf coffee

Lunch:
1 herring

Dinner:
Don't know yet
Old 09-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #794
Major LCF Poster!

Day 330

I'm too tired to blog today. I don't remember what I ate but it was all on plan.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #795
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GO4IT
WOE: Combination Low Carb/Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: Sept 5, 2013
Hey Melle's Sweetheart......you ARE an inspiration! Reading your blog tonight helped me stay on my diet this evening....after eating too much sf jello and whipping cream along with pork rinds!! Tasted good but at least I didn't hit up any swiss cake rolls. lol....anyway hope you get your energy back and thank you!
GO4IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:34 AM   #796
Major LCF Poster!

Day 331

Hi GO4IT!

Thanks for posting--glad to hear that I could help you stay on plan! Even if I don't succeed with my weight loss this week, knowing that I helped someone else is a great boost to my own resolve!

If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about over-eating legal foods. Have you read "Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It" by Gary Taubes? He pretty much quashes the myth of overeating vs. undereating to lose weight.

Keep up the good work!

Monday, Monday....ah, Monday.

Today I have a bunch of work to complete so I have to get going. I haven't watched Breaking Bad yet (taped it) so tonight hubby and I will probably eat dinner and then watch it right afterwards. I can't wait!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
Roast beef
Summer sausage
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Chicken bouquets
Caprese salad
Sparkling water
Old 09-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #797
Senior LCF Member

Breaking Bad! The suspense is killing me...DH and I watch it together and b/c of work, cooking, cleaning, and the kiddo, we usually don't get to watch it until thurs. or fri. night! The last two episodes have practically given me a heart attack, I was near short of breath by the time they were over! No tv show has ever made that happen to me....
anyhow hope you're feeling better - you're doing great!
Old 09-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #798
Major LCF Poster!

Day 332

Quote:
Breaking Bad! The suspense is killing me...DH and I watch it together and b/c of work, cooking, cleaning, and the kiddo, we usually don't get to watch it until thurs. or fri. night! The last two episodes have practically given me a heart attack, I was near short of breath by the time they were over! No tv show has ever made that happen to me....
anyhow hope you're feeling better - you're doing great!
Hi Alex---if you haven't watched BB yet, I won't spoil it for you, but you will need a tranquilizer after you watch Sunday's episode. It really left me on the edge of my seat (again!)

I'm feeling better, by the way but something is off in my body, I think. I'm having cravings for honey roasted peanuts (???) I don't even like them! Weird. I've been fighting this craving for a week!

I think I'm just stressed with all this baloney happening with my husband.

I'm in a tough spot--my mother's 65th birthday is coming up and I want to have a dinner in her honour. Problem is, my husband isn't working and the money just isn't there for a dinner for 16. It won't break the bank, but there's a lot of planning involved and I just don't have the strength to deal with everything at once. I think the stress of it all is causing my blood sugar to dance all over.

Rant over....sigh

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
2 decaf coffee

Lunch:
Roast beef
Summer sausage
water

Dinner:
Sauerkraut and sausage
Diet soda
Old 09-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Sorry to hear about all the stress! We are always tight on money, it is one of the biggest strains on a family, so I hear ya.
For your mom, can you do a potluck style dinner and have people bring food to cut down on costs? Maybe have everyone feel involved, you could have them each bring a dish that reminds them of your mother, something like that? You could of course cook some LC stuff for yourself if everyone wants to bring high carb dishes.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

Day 333

Hi Alex--thanks for the vote of confidence. I guess the problem is that my brother and sister just assume that I'll do everything. My brother has the biggest house (he inherited my parent's place when they moved to a smaller house) but because his wife is pregnant, she isn't willing to have it at her place. My husband isn't enthusiastic about having it at our place, either but because it's also Thanksgiving that weekend, I feel bad about not hosting the dinner.

I'll get around it somehow, but the stress is really taking it's toll on me.

Weigh in day was today. NO surprise that my weight is at 298.4. I'm sticking to this because I know my body is stubborn and I have a real problem with setpoints. My body always seems to stall at a weight where it's comfortable, no matter what I eat. I guess I just have to keep on trucking!

I don't know if it's worth it for me to record what I eat EVERY DAY. It was good at the beginning, but I graze a lot (at work, no...but when I get home I pop nuts and strawberries that rarely get recorded because I only blog in the morning).

I'm going to quit that for a while, just to focus on talking about my struggles because THAT is really the issue here.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #801
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I've been gone for a while so haven't posted much. Hope things get better soon.

I like the idea of a potluck. They are very popular here and the food is amazing as we try to outdo each other!

Sending you a BIG HUG!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #802
Major LCF Poster!

Day 334

Hi Seabreezes!

Thanks for checking in. I discussed this with my sister, my parents and my husband and I think I'm going to take my mom out for her birthday on Oct 6 and then not celebrate Thanksgiving the weekend afterward, unless we're invited to someone else's house.

My sister can go to her inlaws and so can my brother. My inlaws are in Europe, so it'll just be a long weekend for us. If my parents aren't invited anywhere, I'll have them here for a simple dinner.

So--an explanation for my late post today:

***TOO MUCH INFORMATION ALERT****

We're discussing POOP today. If you have a weak stomach, stop reading here and tune in tomorrow.

I didn't go to work today....well, I did but I left at 8.45. Here's why:

On Tuesday, I had an impacted stool. Yes, I was constipated to the point of being in pain and after almost 2 hours of hell, I ripped my anus. I felt faint after the ordeal an considered visiting the local ER. I was fine on Wednesday except for some pain, but as a precaution, I took a stool softener with a very mild laxative.

This morning it started to work. The first "movement" was excruciating. The second, third and fourth were better, but as you can probably imagine, I wasn't in the best shape to be at work. Considering how many visits to the washroom I had, I think I was backed up for awhile. (NO, I'm not one of those people who is "regular"...I had actually forgotten the last time I'd had a BM).

Right now (7 pm) my arse feels like someone is stabbing it with knives. This is after many applications of prescription strength hemorrhoid cream.

I know what everyone who braved this part of the post will tell me "not enough fibre".....I KNOW, I KNOW. I ate a bunch of strawberries today and I promise to eat more fibre from now on.

I never want to go through this again.

I just hope that my butt feels better by tomorrow--not a cool thing to have when you sit all day.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #803
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/254.5/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
Just checking into LC Friends and had to check on you, too! So sorry for the tummy troubles you've had. About a week ago you mentioned tummy aches, and then the... ahem.... event of yesterday.. It's probably all related you know.. Our bodies need more than protein to perform optimally. I am still trying to figure out how many carbs is too many (it differs for everyone).. but I do believe that most of us do best with some good quality leafy greens and other veggies on a daily basis - all which provide good fiber without the excess sugar/carbs in fruit. And, water, too.. You always mention soda and coffee.. I hope you are drinking your water.. Very important in order to move stuff through our digestive system.

Something else you may consider for variety and fiber is to make some of those ground flaxseed based MIMs - Muffin in a Minute. Just google them for tons of recipes.

Feel better and keep up the good work!

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #804
Major LCF Poster!

Day 335

Thanks, Dipgal...I needed to hear about the fibre! I ate lettuce and strawberries for lunch today, so I'm getting better.

What a Friday it has been!

My boss went to the hospital with chest pains....oi vey! I feel badly for him, but what can I do? I've been holding down the fort since 10 am....

I'm glad it's the weekend.

I'm going to my friend's place for dinner tomorrow night and hubby cleaned the rest of the house today, so it's SMOOTH SAILING for the rest of the weekend! Can't wait to get a nice drink and read my books!

Have a good one, all! (PS, my butt is feeling just swell today)
Old 09-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #805
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012 - June 9, 2012; restart Jan 2013
Melle's_sweetheart, I've read a lot on these boards about magnesium helping alot for constipation and regularity issues. While I don't have those issues myself, I started using a supplement called Natural Calm for other reasons. It's supposed to be one of the better forms of magnesium. It has helped alot with my sleep, and anxiety. It also definitely works as far as regularity goes. My husband has done low carb and had issues, and it helped him alot, when fiber didn't make a difference. I get the raspberry lemon flavor, and it actually tastes good. Glad you're feeling better!

Start date Feb 1 2012 - June 9 2012. Total loss 54lbs
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:24 AM   #806
Major LCF Poster!

Day 336 & 337

Hi Jessica!

Thanks for the advice.

I didn't blog yesterday and it's because I had to visit the doctor for my "issues". He gave me prescription cream and medication to help everything move a bit easier.

Yesterday was NOT a good day for me.

I don't want to get into it, but what happened last Tuesday was the tip of the iceberg compared to the trauma I suffered Saturday morning. My husband tried to cheer me up by giving me fudge (*SIGH*) and I ate it.

I am not proud of my food decisions yesterday. I didn't go totally bananas, but it was enough for me to wake up this morning and reaffirm my dedication.

I just feel miserable and to top it all off, the extra carbs made me swell.

I'm going to get back on the wagon and cook up all my low carb stuff and hope that no more shenanigans happen.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #807
Senior LCF Member

Hugs and healing thoughts going out to you MS!.. Sometimes the "perfect" diet isn't so perfect.. and we need to use our body wisdom and add back things just because our bodies need them.. It's all about experimentation and balance. And, on another thought brought up by Jessica - I take two 200 mg chelated magnesium tablets each evening and a serotonin spray for my sleep, and it really helps!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:27 AM   #808
Major LCF Poster!

Day 338

Thanks for your positive thoughts, Dipgal.

I've taken your advice and I'm eating salads for the next week, instead of having meat. That should give my body a break.

I'm TIRED today. I'm not sure if it's from the stress of the weekend or the extra carbs, but I feel like I won't be able to make it through the day.

Going back to logging my food:

Breakfast:
2 eggs boiled
1 cup decaf

Lunch:
3 cups Romaine lettuce
100 g cooked chicken strips
3 tsp caesar dressing
1 tbsp of parmesan cheese
100 grams of summer sausage

Dinner:
Trout filet

I am drinking, btw..since drinking is something I do on the fly, I only enter my morning coffee because it's a constant every single morning. I drink sparking and flat water during the day, diet drinks, tea, coffee....but it doesn't make sense to guess what I'll be drinking today....but I do drink and I realize how important it is to good bowel function.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #809
Major LCF Poster!

Day 339

Well, two weeks from my one year anniversary and it looks like I'm going to go out with a fizzle rather than a bang.

I have to eat certain foods that I know aren't going to help me lose weight for the next couple of weeks until my butt heals.

I still feel pride that I haven't binged for almost a year...that's a HUGE accomplishment in itself. I'm really proud to have blogged the whole year, as well, even if it wasn't the greatest literary work since Shakespeare ....

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
1 caesar salad (romaine, chicken, bacon, dressing, cheese)
3 tbsp of pressed Greek yogurt with 4 strawberries mixed in
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Grilled chicken
Old 10-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #810
Senior LCF Member

MS, you did GREAT! I am really anti-diet and pro-be healthy, so keep that in mind with my comments. You have done some wonderfully healthful things for yourself over the last year and broke a really bad habit (binging).. Sure, there was a few cheats here and there, but that is life! You do NOT want to be that person who works so hard to lose weight but because of deprivation and stress gains it all back in just a few months.

Maybe in year 2 you can add in a bit more movement that you enjoy (you never talk about that) - not because you want to burn calories, but just because healthy bodies like to move. That could get the metabolism moving. That helps the digestive system, too by the way... And, maybe your body is telling you that it needs more veggies, whether or not they are the lowest carb food on the planet. Our bodies are a complex machine and just deciding that Very LC is the way to go because it worked in the past may not be the way to go now. Hormones of all kinds are also kicking in. Maybe you need to up your carbs slightly and eat just LC.

Have you ever seen a Naturopath or a natural/alternative health practitioner that has a focus on weight loss? Maybe there are some nutritional deficiencies or hormone issues to tend to.. I apologize if you have already checked into all of this and posted about it - because I have not been on LCF for a long time.. Just sharing some info I read consistently on natural health sites and blogs.

Making good healthy choices that work with YOUR body is the key. Love and accept yourself today, just the way you are and continue to take the best care of yourself you can. You will eventually be the healthiest you you can be! If it's not the number on the scale you've always dreamed of, so be it. You have so much to be proud of! Keep up the great work!

Blessings, and happy (almost) 1 yr. anniversary!!

((Hugs)),

Judy (aka dipgal)