Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 05:09 AM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Forgot my food:

Day 250

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 decaf coffee
1 large decaf cappuccino (because I had to wait for the dry cleaner to open)

Lunch:
2 oz steak
2 tbsp of onions (leftovers)
Guacamole w/Ryvita crackers

Dinner:
Trout filet
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abby!
Stats: 168/134/125
WOE: LC
BIG HUG!!! I can see such a difference in the before after photos. Really proud of you. As for the pity party, you are entitled but don't dwell on it too long. Think of all the positives you have like finding our husband! I haven't found that.
abby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:45 AM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Day 251

Abby--thanks for coming by and putting things in perspective for me. I woke up this morning feeling damn lucky. I'm lucky to have a great husband, I'm lucky to have a younger sister who always calls me to find out how I'm feeling and I'm lucky to have great friends. Hell, I'm even lucky to have great co-workers. I almost forgot! I'm VERY lucky to have such a good support system here at LCF!

I can definitely live without children. Just like everything else in my life, these realizations hit me and I experience a sense of clarity. I think I mentioned at the beginning of my blog that I felt a sense of clarity when I realized that I had to lose weight. Same thing happened when I realized that I had to divorce my first husband and this morning on my way to work, it suddenly dawned on me that I'm happy for others who have children, but I don't necessarily need my own. I'm FAR too happy spending time alone to have kids, I think. Sure, I'd love my child and I'd be the best parent I could be, but at this time, I LOVE my quiet time. I love my clean house. I love going to the library....I think I'd miss those things if I had a child.

My husband was probably the prime motivator on this. This morning as I dropped him off at the train station, he just said "meh...we'll just go on with our lives and see what happens". I like that attitude-no pressure.

Moving forward, today is a RIDICULOUS day at "The Software Company that Shall Remain Nameless". We are shipping a 1.2 million dollar order and I've been asked to look it over and double check that it's correct. Sad that the person who's hired to do this can't be trusted...oh well.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
2 cups of decaf

Lunch:
1 tin salmon
8 gherkins
1 tsp garlic mayo
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Spaghetti squash casserole

I can do this! I prove it EVERY DAY when I avoid sugar...

October 27, 2013 :: ONE YEAR BINGE free!

Progress photos posted on my blog!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:25 AM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Day 252

Happy Friday to all!

It's a busy day at work today, but nothing can beat my husband's declaration this morning at 5.00 am "I'm going into work on Sunday". Argh.

I'm going to focus on myself. If he wants to spend his life working weekends to make someone else rich, that's his choice. He works at a bank--it's not like the boss is going to pat him on the back and say "good job" because he worked on Sunday. I really don't understand his objective.

ANYWAYS, it's still Friday and that makes me .

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
2 cups decaf coffee

Lunch:
1 tin salmon
1 tsp mayo
8 gherkins
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Old 07-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #665
Major LCF Poster!

Day 253

Just ate for the first time today. I had onion soup, Caesar salad and a chicken breast.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Day 254

Yesterday was an interesting day! I met up with a childhood friend that I haven't seen in 25 years! We spent the afternoon together and it was really fun! I didn't eat all day. When I got home my husband reminded me that I hadn't eaten! Geez!

Today I probably won't be eating much again because I have a lot to do! I just finished my side project for last week and now I'm going to begin cleaning the house. AFter that, I have to go shopping and then I might have lunch with my parents.

Have a great Sunday, all!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:34 AM   #667
Major LCF Poster!

Day 255

Blah--I'm exhausted! I was awake at 4.00 am with a very runny nose. I'm fine now, but I had to get out of bed at 5.00 am to go to work, so I really lost a whole hour of sleep!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 cup decaf coffee

Lunch:
1 tin salmon
1 tbsp garlic mayo
8 gherkins
1 diet soda

Dinner:
1 trout filet
Old 07-09-2013, 04:56 AM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Day 256

The City of Toronto flooded last night. I had to rescue my husband from the train station in my pajamas and we didn't get home until 10.30 pm. My husband actually boarded the train at 6.30 pm. Yeah, it was definitely NOT a good time.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 decaf coffee

Lunch:
1 tin salmon
8 gherkins
1 tbsp mayo
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Trout filet. (Last night I resorted to 6 chicken McNuggets because there was NO POWER to 80% of our city...yeah....pink slime. YUM.)
Old 07-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #669
Senior LCF Member

OH! I read about that this morning! So sorry you were caught in it but glad you and your husband are well. Good luck!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

Day 257

Hi Abby! Wow--you read about the flood? I guess it received more news coverage than I thought!

This morning I had to drive my husband into work because the trains still aren't back up. We woke at 5.00 am and I had him to work by 6.30. Lucky for me, I'm here at my own office at 7.00 am so I can get a lot accomplished today.

My weight is coming down again--I'm at 300.4 despite having eating Chicken McNuggets on Monday night. I think part of my gain also is due to the ridiculous humidity lately (humidity makes me retain water).

I'm keeping on, though! I have a wedding on August 17th, so I'm really hoping I can buy a new outfit that will look nice on me.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 large decaf

Lunch:
1 tin salmon
1 tbsp mayo
8 gherkins
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Knackwurst on the BBQ
Old 07-11-2013, 04:18 AM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

Day 258

Another ridiculously busy day at work! One more day left until 2 glorious weeks of vacation! It's 7.16 am and I'm listening to Rush in my office (Far Cry--great song) getting energized.....

Food wise, I'm doing well. I can't eat much when I'm in bed by 9.00 every night. Yeesh.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
2 decaf coffees

Lunch:
1 tin salmon
1 tbsp mayo
8 gherkins
1 diet soda

Dinner:
Spaghetti squash casserole
Old 07-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #672
Major LCF Poster!

Day 259

ARGH. Today is truly an FML day. It shouldn't be because I'm on vacation starting tomorrow, but everything is going completely WRONG.

I'm taking my car for a huge service today that will cost $1000. If that's not bad enough, yesterday I was trying to multi-task by talking on my cellphone and watering my plants. Due to my greasy face, my phone slipped and dropped right into my watering can.

I did everything I was supposed to--took out the battery, dried it, put the whole thing in a ziplock bag with silica gel but I'm not sure it's going to live. I might be in for another $700 phone on top of everything else.

If that wasn't enough, I have a wicked cold.

I feel so sick to my stomach and I haven't eaten much.

Breakfast:
2 eggs
decaf coffee

Lunch:
1 tin salmon
Gherkins
Mayo
diet coke

Dinner:
Flattened chicken
Old 07-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #673
Senior LCF Member

ouch. I hate it when my phone and water mix. Big HUG. I hope the phone starts working. feel better and have a great vacation!
Old 07-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #674
Major LCF Poster!

Day 260

GOOD news! My cellphone lives! Yay! I still have a cold but I can live with that.

First day of vacay was awesome!

Breakfast:
None

Lunch:
8 chicken wings
Diet soda

Dinner:
3 hamburger patties
Diet soda
Old 07-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

Day 261

Today is truly a vacation day. It's 1.30 pm and we've done NOTHING today. I'm still in my pajamas and my husband is still in bed. Geez louise.

No clue what I'm going to eat today--so far I've had a cup of coffee. I think I'll make myself some soup for my cold and I think my hubby took a flattened chicken out of the freezer for dinner.

Happy Vacation to us!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #676
Senior LCF Member

Happy Vacation!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #677
Major LCF Poster!

Day 262

Blogging during my holidays is a pain!

Today I ate:
8 chicken wings
1 french onion soup--no crouton
3 weiners with tomato and onion
Hand full of almonds
Old 07-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #678
Major LCF Poster!

Day 263

Yep, blogging during holidays sucks because I'm not on an "eating schedule". At work, no food is available so I'm forced to eat breakfast and I'm forced to bring my own food, so by 7 am, I know exactly what I'm eating every day.

On holidays, I skip breakfast and/or lunch almost every day. I know it's not healthy, but I'm really not hungry and I have plans every day. I'm thinking my blogging will be about making smart choices for the next two weeks or so.

Today I want to rant about something that has been nagging at me for some time now:

I've been blogging since October. With the exception of perhaps 3 people, no one comments on my blog. I'm assuming that more people read it and that's GREAT. Here's what irks me---there are certain men on this site who get an inordinate amount of blog comments/reads. I'm not imagining this--I check Z's blog periodically because he started here right after I did and I was impressed with the name of his post at the time. I've noticed that he gets more people posting on his blog when he hasn't posted in a week than I have in months. If he posts, he gets more hits yet. What is that about?

Why do some people get more hits than others? I've always assumed that consistency is key; if you don't blog everyday, people tend to forget about you. Not so here. I blog EVERY STINKING DAY and other than my awesome 3 or 4 followers (you know who you are! ) I get nothing.

Perhaps the quality isn't up to par on my blog? I'm an accountant, not a writer. I'm not witty. I think I have a sense of humour, but I have difficulty transferring it into print. People have commented that they enjoy Z's self-deprecating humour. REALLY? There are people who like it when others undervalue themselves? This I find very odd in a forum where people tend to have self-esteem issues to begin with.

I'm beginning to think it's because I'm a member of the majority. I'm a woman on a woman-centric message board and I'm just not interesting. That annoys me to a degree--men need support just as women do, but they lose so much faster and they tend to have less setbacks due to their ability to lose consistently. The men get the attention because....they're men. It reminds me of when I was little and I watched "The Ten Commandments" for the first time. I can't remember who the characters were, but what made me laugh was the women exclaiming "OHHHH, it's a MAN" as if a man in their midst caused them to swoon.

Good gravy (pardon the expression) but have we not evolved from being enormously impressed with the opposite sex?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #679
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: This time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle's_Sweetheart View Post
Day 263

Yep, blogging during holidays sucks because I'm not on an "eating schedule". At work, no food is available so I'm forced to eat breakfast and I'm forced to bring my own food, so by 7 am, I know exactly what I'm eating every day.

On holidays, I skip breakfast and/or lunch almost every day. I know it's not healthy, but I'm really not hungry and I have plans every day. I'm thinking my blogging will be about making smart choices for the next two weeks or so.

Today I want to rant about something that has been nagging at me for some time now:

I've been blogging since October. With the exception of perhaps 3 people, no one comments on my blog. I'm assuming that more people read it and that's GREAT. Here's what irks me---there are certain men on this site who get an inordinate amount of blog comments/reads. I'm not imagining this--I check Z's blog periodically because he started here right after I did and I was impressed with the name of his post at the time. I've noticed that he gets more people posting on his blog when he hasn't posted in a week than I have in months. If he posts, he gets more hits yet. What is that about?

Why do some people get more hits than others? I've always assumed that consistency is key; if you don't blog everyday, people tend to forget about you. Not so here. I blog EVERY STINKING DAY and other than my awesome 3 or 4 followers (you know who you are! ) I get nothing.

Perhaps the quality isn't up to par on my blog? I'm an accountant, not a writer. I'm not witty. I think I have a sense of humour, but I have difficulty transferring it into print. People have commented that they enjoy Z's self-deprecating humour. REALLY? There are people who like it when others undervalue themselves? This I find very odd in a forum where people tend to have self-esteem issues to begin with.

I'm beginning to think it's because I'm a member of the majority. I'm a woman on a woman-centric message board and I'm just not interesting. That annoys me to a degree--men need support just as women do, but they lose so much faster and they tend to have less setbacks due to their ability to lose consistently. The men get the attention because....they're men. It reminds me of when I was little and I watched "The Ten Commandments" for the first time. I can't remember who the characters were, but what made me laugh was the women exclaiming "OHHHH, it's a MAN" as if a man in their midst caused them to swoon.

Good gravy (pardon the expression) but have we not evolved from being enormously impressed with the opposite sex?
I love your blog and read it everyday sweetie
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #680
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/292.8/185
Start Date: April 2013
I've never seen your blog. I'm fairly new to the website but have been reading quite a bit for the past few weeks. It's really helpful and inspirational to read about everyone else's journeys. I'm thinking it might be very theraputic to be writing it as well?

Anyway - had never seen it before but noticed it today, clicked on it and loved reading it. Thanks for sharing your story. I want to go back and read more at the beginning.

thanks again!
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #681
Major LCF Poster!

Day 264

Thanks so much Thistime and RCookie. I think it's great that some people find my blog inspiring. In fact, if my blog can keep you on track, then by all means, keep reading.

The fact that in a 24 hour period only two people responded to my posting is proof of what I was saying in the first place--if I was a guy I'd probably have more readership.

At this point, I blog for myself but I didn't set out to blog every day. The first few days, this was just a post on the main Low Carb forum and I kept coming back and updating everyone with my progress. I found it really helpful since I was being cheered on and everyone was sharing their wisdom and inspiration with me.

It's 9.20 am and I have no food to share with anyone. I can tell you that yesterday I ate:

10 small spears of asparagus wrapped with bacon (done on BBQ--yum!)
2 handfuls of almonds
2 chicken breasts, grilled
2 tsps of yogurt tzatziki
4 squares of Lindt dark chocolate
Several diet beverages

Today I'm meeting my friend and her husband (the one who just had a miscarriage) for lunch/dinner. Before that, I have to visit my sister house (she's traveling; just became engaged, too) and water her garden. Then we have to visit the doctor (husband) and the bank. It's going to be a busy day.

Have a great low-carb day, everyone!

Last edited by Melle's_Sweetheart; 07-17-2013 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: I wanted to clarify...
Old 07-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #682
Senior LCF Member

I think people follow their "friends" and that’s it. I don't read Z's for example. Most of the action is not in the journals but in the general thread so I think very little time is spent here by most people. Your diligence is inspiring and I love your blog & writing. Keep writing!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #683
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bubbles1234
Stats: 182.6/171.2/150 (5'10")
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 4/1/14
I have been following your journal since day 1 and I m so proud of you for your commitment to this woe. You are doing a fantastic job and I have no doubt at all that you will achieve your desired weight loss goal. Keep up the great work and I hope you post more pictures as you continue your journey.
bubbles1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Haven't been reading much lately. I follow you and really admire your stick to itness!

Hugs
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #685
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecBelle
Stats: 292.2/261.6/145 5ft4in
WOE: Induction
Start Date: Repeat Offender-Original Start 09/03/10
I read your journal every time I log on. I don't post cuz I don't have anything helpful to say. You have been dead set and hard at losing weight. I am on and off the wagon a lot, so I am one of those posters that don't really contribute much. I admire your determination and wished I had it.
BecBelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #686
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: frogg
Stats: 220/154/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
Your blog is the only one I follow on here, actually. I also read one other independent weight-loss blog as well. That one is also female. As for following male writers, I don't have much interest as I find men lose differently than women and I have less in common or to relate to.

I'm not much of a commenter :P Lots of people are 'lurkers' like me
frogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
Continue the great work MS!

Hi MS.. I am no longer dieting or on Low Carb (I just gave up and am trying to do Intuitive Eating... dieting doesn't work for me and I am sick of banging my head against the wall).. and I was sitting here journaling my "woe is me" story.. AND YOU popped into my mind! I thought I'd pop back here for a minute and see how you are doing. I see you are doing great!! I am so happy for you! And, it gives me hope that a switch might get flicked in my 56 year old brain one of these days.

I also saw your rant about the lack of comments on your blog, so this should prove to you that just because you aren't getting lots of activity, that doesn't mean that you haven't made a difference to other people. I am a prime example! Of course, you are doing it for yourself first and foremost, but we all like a little support.. I get that. Just know that YOU are making a difference!

((Hugs)) and the best of happiness and health to you as you continue on your journey!

Judy

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:20 AM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

Day 265

I'm really happy that a few lurkers came out of the woodwork to say hi!

I understand that people follow their friends and that others just choose to read from the shadows (I've done that many times!). I really appreciate that all of you are reading. I really do. My rant was probably just a side effect of me feeling that men get all the breaks in the world (which is probably incorrect).

Thanks again, Abby, Bubbles, Seabreezes, BecBelle and Frogg....I think part of my journey is knowing that others are along for the ride.

SO, my food journal.

AH, yesterday....

SO, I went out for lunch AND dinner with my friends. For lunch I ate:
1 bowl of fish soup (not cream based) it was YUMMY!
1 plate of brie and strawberry salad (no dressing) YUMMY!

Then, they wanted to have gelato at a local shop. My husband convinced me to have a small one (120g, they actually WEIGH it). I have to say, I enjoyed it VERY MUCH and that was it. I don't have cravings for more and I'm not making secret plans to go back and have a large when no one is around. That's a good thing.

Dinner was Indian at our favorite Indian place. Again, I ate 2 Naan. In case you're unfamiliar, Naan is just really thin, fresh, bread. AHHHHH......Otherwise, I remained on plan---I ate butter shrimp (awesome) and fried paneer (cheese).

SO, I had my "vacation" day and today I'm back on the wagon. I'm going to have bacon and eggs shortly.

Don't hate me....at some point, everyone has a day when eating off plan just seems to be the right thing to do. I'm happy to report that I'm not having feelings of "oh well, you've cheated NOW, so may as well just throw in the towel". NOPE; this is my lifelong plan and sometimes, the best laid plans are waylaid.

Onwards toward goal....good luck to everyone making the journey along with me!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Judy!

We cross posted so don't think I intentionally left you out!

You're right. Following strict rules doesn't work, that's why I didn't beat myself up for eating off plan yesterday. The important thing is to be aware that we can't just eat anything we want in whatever quantity we crave.

This is what I've learned.

Last edited by Melle's_Sweetheart; 07-18-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Old 07-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #690
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mina Vendetta
Stats: 297/222/130
WOE: Atkins <20
Start Date: 11/15/11
I'm another lurker -- I check your blog every time I'm on the site. You're doing such a great job, staying focused not only on the plan but the daily blogging. Hopefully you're seeing positive results from both!
Mina Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote