Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Trish
How AWESOME that you're taking action!!!

Not dwelling & looking forward is a very wise move!

Since restarting LC in April, I haven't binged (yet).
However, I am all too familiar with the monster...

This afternoon, I had a sugar cookie with frosting. I stoppped then.
This evening I made a (rather LARGE) PB mouse, like you had written about.
I add cinnamon to mine!

That will keep me full & satisfied for the rest of the night.
I will make better choices tomorrow.

I'm thinking of you!
We will both succeed!

momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Good for you Trish for taking positive action! Your plan sounds great!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/18/14
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 28, 2012
Thank you for the support ladies. Yesterday went as planned and today too. It feels good to be back to a healthier frame of mind, body, and soul.

Those four days were scary and I am counting the days till I can see my counselor to talk about it with her. In the meantime, I am just putting one foot in front of the other.
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Great job on recognizing you needed to change before you got too far out of control. I find I can do it quicker now like a few days vs. weeks in the past. Thank goodness. It is a slippery slope but I think you are doing awesome. I admire you and I think I will print out the serenity prayer for myself. Just one day at a time.
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Work as been uber demanding (60+ hours a week), but I have steadied the ship in regards to my nutrition. I may have stumbled but I did not stay down.

My weight is lowering back towards my sig weight (which is the right direction!), but more importantly I have stopped binging. The new vitamin and supplement regime has helped with my energy and mood as well as a few other physical issues (sinuses are clearer and a rash on my back is diminishing).

I met with my counselor Monday and will be seeing her weekly for a little bit to keep me focused on making the healthiest choices I can in regards to several aspects of my life. One is career, one is coping with my mother's mental illness, and the other is the continued efforts in repairing and strengthening my marriage.

The theme for the current status quo is slow and steady wins the race.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #246
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
sorry you hit a rough patch but know that you are doing great . So glad you are taking steps to take care of YOU ! Good luck !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Trish - great victory about not binging. It is something I have struggled with over the years. So kudos to you!!

Glad to hear that you have someone to help work on issues.

Have a great weekend!
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
sorry you hit a rough patch but know that you are doing great . So glad you are taking steps to take care of YOU ! Good luck !
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Trish - great victory about not binging. It is something I have struggled with over the years. So kudos to you!!

Glad to hear that you have someone to help work on issues.

Have a great weekend!
Thank you for the encouragement ladies!

Since tomorrow is my 13 year wedding anniversary , I am doing my meal planning and prepping for the week a day early this weekend so tomorrow can be a day spent with DH. We are going out for breakfast (easy for me to be temptation free) and then spending the afternoon at the auction. Although tomorrow is my OWI, I did peek this morning and saw 199 lbs. It felt good to see I was back under 200. After my OWI, I plan on adjusting my stats so I don't feel like I am playing 'catch up' of my previous low of 194. Gotta live in the moment!

I saw in a post on the ML the most recent 'rules' of Induction included two cups of green leafy veggies and 1 cup of cooked veggies (measured raw) per day. I started following that guideline last week and was very happy with the results. I also am using those guidelines to limit HWC to 4 TBLS a day, mayo/ranch to 4 TBLS a day, and cheese to under 4 ounces a day (I rarely eat one and a real splurge is two).

I am not following Induction per se, just looking at those recommended portions of those particular items to guide my planning.

This week's food plan:

S- Bullet proof coffee with 1 TBLS of HWC and 1 TBLS of CO (1 carb)
B- 1 hard boiled egg with 1 TBLS of mayo (1 carb)
S- Coffee with 1 TBLS of HWC (1 carb)
L- Cajun carne asada with 1 cup of cabbage mixed with 1 TBLS of mayo and a splash of ACV (5 carbs)
S- Coffee with 1 TBLS of HWC (1 carb)
D- Protein, 1 cup of green leafy veg, 1 cup of cooked veg, 1 TBLS of condiment, 2 ounces of cheese optional (10-13 carbs)
S- Choice of one: cinnamon pork rinds, spicy pork rinds with 1 TBLS of ranch, or 1 TBLS chunky PB mixed with 1 TBLS of CO and 1 square of Lindt 90% chocolate (1-6 carbs)

Daily carb range = 20 to 28 carbs
Vitamins and Supplements = Centrum Multi, MegaRed, Vit D, 5-HTP, Evening Primrose Oil, Coconut Oil, Vit C
Water = 60 ounces

No exercise plans this week. Four more long days of work ahead and then I am off for a 12 day stretch! I am committed to re-establishing a fitness regime during that time that I can maintain once the new school year resumes.

Feels good to be back in the swing of things.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Anniversary, Trish!!!
And KUTGW!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momov2boys View Post
Happy Anniversary, Trish!!!
And KUTGW!
Thank you!

OWI today and maintaining at 199 lbs. To be honest, I am feeling OK about maintaining right now. After my slip up a couple weeks back, I went up to 206 and am glad I managed to shake off that excess, but if I hover here around 199 for a little bit I won't feel bad about it.

I feel like I need to be focused on maintaining my healthy lifestyle and not binging. I have so many issues coming to the surface in my life right now that I am trying to sort out in my weekly counseling sessions that I don't feel like I have the energy or dedication it takes to be in 'weight loss mode'. Maintaining is it's own success right now, yanno?

I almost had an anxiety attack this week. It has been years since I had one. There was a point in my life that anxiety attacks paralyzed me and I was unable to leave my home. I had to withdraw from high school for an entire year as I sought treatment. Having that all too familiar feeling begin to rise in my body was frightening. I used all of my techniques to minimize the attack and it worked, as it didn't come on full blown. Similar to the 'binge monster', these anxiety attacks are a constant dormant threat and it scares the bejeezes out of me to get a peek at the power. Again, I am seeing my counselor weekly and dismantling the parts of my life in need of inspection and maintenance... So I know I am dealing with it the best I can.

All this being said, I am more than happy to concentrate on maintaining my weight this week. I have the week off before the next school year begins and I plan to take gentle care of myself one day at a time.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just yesterday I said I wanted to settle into maintenance. Then I spent some time this morning reviewing my food journals for the last year. It has started to get me excited about revving up my engine to move on to the next stage of my weightless journey.

I still plan to spend this next week off of work as a relaxing, maintenance level eating week (eating intuitively), but I want to also think about my strategy moving forward. I am just thinking right now... So these are just options for me to consider.

I really want to get back into my exercise routine. Obviously, it is good for my physical health, it is good for my mental health, it will help my body look better, and it may help the scale move along.

To get the ball rolling, I am going for a bike ride before dinner tonight. Moving forward, I want to continue with a walk or ride most days of the week. I also think I will do a 10 minute Taebo work out each workday morning once the new school year begins. I think the 10 minutes of punching and kicking will help me manage the anxiety (and frustration) I feel before going to work. Since it is only ten minutes, it can be done while I wait for my coffee to brew. DH already agreed to get the DVD and TV ready each night before he turns in to bed so that I can get up in my groggy state, shuffle to the TV, and start the Taebo workout right away. This will give me the perks of a morning workout but only cut ten minutes of my morning. Win-win. Plus, the Taebo should start providing me with the tightening and shaping my arms, legs, and abs desperately need.

As far as food, I am still reviewing my options. I've been reading some info about NK, IF, and some slightly higher carb plans. To be honest, I believe I am pretty close to what works for me and my body specifically... But since I have already lost 83 pounds and my loss as been slowing it only seems rational to take stock of the current situation and see if anything needs to be changed. This will be ongoing this week.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Rode my bike today! Felt the burn, heart pumping, sweat dripping. All good!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

sounds great ! WTG !
Old 07-30-2013, 06:33 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
sounds great ! WTG !
Thanks Laura! You are always so sweet and supportive.

I have been experimenting with various ways to incorporate CO in my diet. So far,

-I have eaten it off a spoon (no, gag)
-Tried bulletproof coffee (no, my coffee is sacred)
-Cooked a flax cake in it (no, there was too much left in the pan so it was a waste)
-Mixed it with PB (pretty good, but I want to cut back on legumes to get the weight loss moving again)

I thought about mixing it with yogurt (and maybe flax and berries) for a power punch of health in the morning, but I don't think my body is ready for those items just yet... Especially since I want to make it to the 100 pound club soon.

I've been doing reading on NK, JUDDD, Paleo, etc., and have come to the conclusion that I am an Atkins girl through and through. Induction works for me, my body responds to ketosis, and it saves me having to watch percentages or calories... Just 20 carbs a day and I'm done.

So today I am thinking about returning to a good old fashioned Induction to get things moving, which will mean saying goodbye to my natural PB and 90% Lindt squares. It will be worth it to me to get to the 100 pound club and it is good to know that I CAN still lose weight eating them, so as soon as I hit my goal they can return to my food plan.

So, back to the CO issue. This morning I tried a TBLS of CO in a half serving of full fat ricotta cheese and I think we have a winner! I won't say it is awesome, but it is close enough to a coconut/cheesecake taste and consistency that I will eat it for my nighttime snack each day. Filling, sweet (with added sweetener or flavored syrup), and Induction friendly. A full serving of Ricotta has 2 carbs and 1 sugar, so a half serving will be perfect.

I'm REALLY enjoying having this week off from work to be able to have time for reflection and experiments and research.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Spent the day lounging by the pool, continuing to review my journals, food logs, and various forums here on LCF. In reviewing my journal, I confirmed I have been (for the most part) maintaining since April. No negative self judgement about that as it is all part of my lifelong journey of health and fitness. I am 17 months into my new healthy way of life and am grateful to be 83 pounds lighter and down to a size 16/18 from a size 26/28, but I am definitely ready to get my engine running toward meeting my goal of losing 100 pounds.

I decided that joining an August challenge would be a great way to help me make the mental shift from maintenance to weight loss. It would also allow me to make some short term goals and have accountability in meeting them. I looked at some of the different challenge groups on several of the different boards here and haven't picked one yet, but I have narrowed down my goals for the month.

August Goals

Nutrition = Stick to Atkins Induction (Less than 20 carbs a day from the ALLOWABLE food list...that means abstaining from PB and dark chocolate!)
Activity = Exercise 4-5 days a week with a bike ride or Taebo (or both!)
Weight = Hit 192 pounds to take my spot in the 90 pound club (I want that avatar!)
Behavior = Post regularly in an August Challenge thread and do an OWI every five days (to keep focused on my goals)

I also think I am going to scale back on my supplements this month and just keep it to a multivitamin in an effort to K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sweetie!). I added a lot of vitamins and supplements to my intake over the last couple months in a bit of a knee jerk reaction to manage my depression and anxiety. I am not assuming these additions were negative but I did it a little half hazard, so I will add things back slowly and more closely monitor the effects of each on my overall well being and weight loss. Again, K.I.S.S.!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:24 PM   #256
Blabbermouth!!!

Good goals ! I like the K.I.S.S. !! That's cute
Old 08-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jokath
Stats: Then 190/144/144...Now 190/156/155
WOE: Low carb/Gluten Free
Start Date: January 2003
Good luck with August goals!
jokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good goals ! I like the K.I.S.S. !! That's cute
K.I.S.S. has been around the boards for years, so I can't take credit. It really is a great way to look at things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokath View Post
Good luck with August goals!
Thank you!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm feeling pretty pumped about my August challenge to meet 192 pounds. It has breathed new life into my health and fitness routine (and that has been much needed).

My plan is to eat super clean for the next few days, even omitting cheese and my beloved ranch and just stick with the very basics. Here is what I ate yesterday:

B- 2 eggs, 2 bacon slices, 1 coffee (2 carbs)
S- 1 coffee (1 carb)
L- Tuna with mayo and 1c. lettuce (3 carbs)
S- 1 coffee (1 carb)
D- Grilled pork ribs and 3/4 c. shredded cabbage with butter (4 carbs)
S- Diet ginger ale can

Water- 60 ounces
Daily carb total - 11
Exercise - 2 mile bike ride

This is going to be my basic formula for a little while. Bacon and eggs in the morning, a protein and mayo with 1-2 c. lettuce at lunch, and a protein with 3/4 c. cooked veggies in butter for dinner. No snacks other than my 3 coffee daily limit and my 1 diet can in the evening.

There may have been times when this felt 'diety' or restricted but I swear something has come over me. I am feeling like things are so much simpler than I have been able to see them. Not only with my nutrition and fitness, but also in other areas of my life. I am sure my return to counseling has helped me lift some of the dark clouds that were weighing me down. I am so grateful to have that tool available to me.

So in this new 'simplistic' mind frame, I know what I want at this point; to reach my goal of losing 100 pounds. I know what it takes to make that happen; clean eating and exercise. So I am going to do what I need to do to get what I want. Ta-da!

I've adopted a visualization technique as well. When I reach to 100 pound lost goal I am going to make some before and after pictures to post. I have some pics of me in a tank and shorts pretty close to my all time high weight and will replicate the poses in a tank and shorts now for side by side comparisons. I keep visualizing having those pictures in my hand and how I will feel looking at them. Great motivation!

Lastly, I started another round of closet purging and am letting go of clothes that are a little too big. Next weekend I will go shopping to freshen up the wardrobe with more fitted items. I also picked up a few staple cosmetics at Walmart earlier to keep my makeup selection updated. Nothing fancy just a brow pencil, lip liner, a new color shadow, and a hair product to smooth my frizzy hair. Taking care of myself.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday was another good day sticking to my goals:

B- 2 eggs, 2 bacon slices, 1 coffee (2 carbs)
S- 1 coffee (1 carb)
L- shredded chicken breast with mayo and 1c. lettuce (2 carbs)
S- 1 coffee (1 carb)
D- Grilled chicken breast and 3/4 c. cabbage & broccoli slaw (4 carbs)
S- Diet ginger ale can

60 oz. water
2 mile bike ride
Total daily carbs = 10

I peeked on the scale and have lost about two pounds in two days. Monday morning is my OWI, so nothing counts till then. I am going to weigh every 5 days this month for a total of 6 weigh-ins in August. If I see a 1 to 2 pound loss at each weigh-in, I should meet my goal of 192.

I gave myself a mani/pedi today. For the first time since I was 15, I applied color to my fingernails. I have always only used a clear coat or a French manicure since I keep them fairly short. I always thought my fingers were to stubby for color. I decided that you only live once and I wanted to try a nice shade of red. I'm not going to judge myself so harshly anymore and if someone else thinks my nails look jacked up, they can get over it.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
Love your attitude. Keeping it simple does make it easier - release me from decision making! And rock those nails. That's fantastic!

I really enjoy reading your journal, and I look forward to seeing how your August goes!
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #262
Blabbermouth!!!

Trish, You are almost to ONEderland !!! WooHoo !! so excited for you !
Old 08-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacB View Post
Love your attitude. Keeping it simple does make it easier - release me from decision making! And rock those nails. That's fantastic!

I really enjoy reading your journal, and I look forward to seeing how your August goes!
Thanks for encouraging me as I work towards my August goals.

Quote:
Trish, You are almost to ONEderland !!! WooHoo !! so excited for you !
I know, I can't wait. I hit ONEderland for the first time a couple months back but this time I am STAYING!

Tomorrow will be my first OWI on this August challenge and I am looking forward to it. I'm ready to get this weightless ball rolling!

Yesterday my food and exercise was on point: daily carb total of 9 and a 2 mile bike ride. Today I swam 10 laps as my exercise and am 100% on track with my Induction food plan.

I feel ketosis creeping up on me (I'm lucky that I can get into it within 3-4 days). The bloat is gone, there is a lack of real physical hunger, and my thinking is sharp and clear. No bad breath or high energy yet, so I know I'm not in too deep. Maybe tomorrow.

Our AC is not working and the repair guy is coming tomorrow. I have not been using my oven as a result and I REALLY miss my roasted veggies! I can't wait to eat some tomorrow night with a roast chicken!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ONEderland!!!! ... (again)

... But it is permanent this time. In my best Buzz Lightyear voice, "To the 90 pound club, and beyond!"
Old 08-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #265
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so happy for you !!! You deserve this !

And, yes it's definitely permanent !
Old 08-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura!

Well the AC guy told us we have to keep our unit off for 24 hours before he can diagnose because there was ice on it. That's 24 hours... in August... in Florida... with no AC.

Soooooooo, I will not be taking my bike ride today to get all hot and sweaty only to come into a hot box of a house to feel miserable. Another swim day for me. It also means I am still without my oven (and we don't have a microwave) so all food is grilled again tonight. Inconvenient, but not enough to cause any issues with my WOE.

I am back to work tomorrow. To temper my anxiety, I keep reminding myself that my staff is gone until Monday, and they tend to be the source of most of my work related stress. I am also going to start my new routine of a 10 minute Taebo workout tomorrow morning before getting ready for work. I am looking at this more for my psychological benefit than by physical benefit. I have such terrible anxiety in the mornings before work and I am thinking ten minutes of punching and kicking will release some tension to help me face the day.

Food wise, I plan on eating breakfast and lunch at work, so I am bringing boiled eggs, mayo, Canadian bacon, and lettuce with me. That allows me to stick to my formula of bacon and eggs for brekkie and protein, mayo, and lettuce for lunch. No fuss, no muss.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #267
Blabbermouth!!!

I would be staying at a hotel if you have to work in the morning. I don't think you will sleep well in that heat....... I wouldn't be able to sleep at all !!

Good idea about exercise before work. I am sometimes stressed driving to ER too.....would be good for me to release some of that before getting there too

Stay cool !
Old 08-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
Fantastic!!! I am so happy for you! Go, August, go!
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthedish View Post
ONEderland!!!! ... (again)

... But it is permanent this time. In my best Buzz Lightyear voice, "To the 90 pound club, and beyond!"

Rock On, Sister !!!

Old 08-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, I guess I'm NOT back to work today. I'm devastated... Really I am.

My plan was to see the AC guy at 8:00 AM, solve our issue, and then head into work. Unfortunately there was no problem solving done and that meant I needed to make a bunch of phone calls and get more people to come to the house. I just told my boss I would return tomorrow. I'd rather do that than go in today and be playing ping pong on the side with phone calls and coordination of times for this. Not having AC in Florida during this time of the year is not a small problem, it's a big problem! So I'm not going to feel bad about taking care of this before going back to work and diving head first into all the activity a new school year brings. That will take my full attention.

It was 90 degrees in my living room at 10:00 last night. Not fun. However, I'm thinking some extra sweating may be good for my weight loss goals and I try to look on the bright side whenever I can.

Yesterday went well:

B- coffee, 1 egg, 2 bacon (2)
S- coffee (1)
L- skip (too hot to eat)
S- iced coffee (1)
D- grilled burger w/ garlic mayo, 2 Mt. Olive pickles, 3/4 c. cabbage slaw (4)
S- can of diet ginger ale
Water = 60 ounces
Exercise = 10 laps in pool

Scale was down again today. (not that I would be peeking in between OWIs or anything) I am feeling it in my body and in my clothes, even with TOM arriving any minute now.

As much as I really enjoy cooking and meal planning since I am a foodie at heart, and as much as I love the LC way of eating because of the plethora of delicious options, there is something to be said for this K.I.S.S. method. It is like switching the 'worry' button off because it is so straightforward that there is no reason to analyze or inspect the possible 'culprits' in your food plan. I'm eating clean (down to a lack of cheese or condiments other than full fat mayo). The scale will be moving because of it. Done.

I am now realizing the nuts, peanut butter, and dark chocolate are foods that I slow me down. They are good and healthy and great for my long term WOE, but if my short term goal is to drop pounds, I am better off without them. Even my 'legal' pork rinds and ranch are items that can be eliminated to keep sodium down and aid me in moving the scale.

And right now, I want the 90 pound club more than I want snacks!