Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
I remember you from the Century Club threads and the Tough Love thread with dear departed Mike. The old gang was fun.

I am so sorry to hear of your separation. Sending good thoughts to you. It sounds like you have learned a lot and you are doing awesome on the weight loss. I hope you don't mind me following along on your journey.
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/20/14
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 28, 2012
Dianne- Yes, I really miss the good old Tough Love thread with Mr. Mike. I was devastated to hear of his passing. I don’t mind you following along at all… I’d enjoy the company!
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
I remember you from the Century Club threads and the Tough Love thread with dear departed Mike. The old gang was fun.
Hey Diane! Nice to see you again. I remember the old CC too. I never went to the main lobby as the CC was always so busy and informative. I could always go there for inspiration and motivation. I remember when a bunch of people split off and went to another board, I think that was the beginning of the end for the busy CC. It was very sad about Mr. Mike passing.

Trish, you have done so well with getting back in the LC groove! I hope you make you goal for the end of the year.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Phranquie, I was the same way and never went to the Main Lobby. I do miss those days.

Trish, hope you are having a successful peaceful day.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I realized today that I had neglected my journal for over a week. Last week I had a few obstacles. It started with a familiar trigger… mother. Phranquie was right to point out I need to analyze this trigger for me moving forward. Here is how it went down:

She has Tuesdays and Wednesdays off so she asked if she could sleepover to do her laundry, use my pool, and prep cook her week of Induction friendly foods (I’ve convinced her to jump on Atkins with me). I enjoy her company, even more so since my husband and I separated. We had a lovely Tuesday evening, watching Homeland and eating rib eye and cauliflower. We had a nice time visiting, talking, no issues.

The next morning, I got up to get ready for work. She was going to stay behind at my house to do her shopping (I helped her make a list), cooking (she has a very small efficiency stove at her apartment), laundry (she doesn’t have her own machines), and catch a bit of sun by the pool (December in Florida, what can I tell ya?). As we were drinking our coffee that morning, I was trying to gear myself up to face my dreaded job. I’ve been having a hard time going in lately due to anxiety and stress. I am making a career change soon because my mental health is suffering under current conditions. I take it one day at a time.

So my mom says it would be nice if I took a personal day and we could spend the day together. I didn’t need much arm twisting to jump on board, especially since I will be moving away in a few months and will miss her terribly. So I called in, made myself another coffee, and we started to plan our day together. While at the grocery store stocking up on her induction supplies, I saw sugar free cookies and decided they would taste lovely with another cup of coffee. I bought two packs, almond and chocolate. Keep in mind I had committed to follow Induction in order to make my Christmas goal and also to cleanse my system from the slippage that occurred over Thanksgiving. So buying the sugar free cookies was impulsive and not aligned to my goals.

We spent the rest of the day together cooking and prepping her foods and putting it in Tupperware/freezer bags. Then I went back to her house that evening to help her put Christmas lights on her tree. I started to feel a high level of anxiety as the day progressed… partly for eating the cookies and partly for playing hooky, and also I think partly for some of the feelings I was having about leaving my mom. We were having some really open and honest discussions about things past, present, and future. There were some tears, but it was all in a positive spirit. After the tree was done and all of her groceries and laundry were put away, I left to go home.

Between the day with mom and returning to the house alone that night I ate both packages of cookies… entirely. I slept terribly and woke up with even more anxiety. I called out again. It was a catch-22… I felt too anxious to go to work, but not going to work made me anxious. Luckily, I had a counseling appointment that afternoon and was able to pull myself back together. I was in fear that whole second day that I would eat off plan. I felt like a hostage in my own head.

I never binged or ate off plan other than the SF cookies on Tuesday but the whole experience left a residue that took a few days to shake off. I found some ‘diety’ thoughts creeping in, complete with negotiations about how if I work out like a maniac between now and Christmas I might still make my goal… thoughts of egg fasts, fat fast, etc. It was all swirling in my head along with the anxiety. My weight also bounced up from the cookies for a few days and my stomach didn’t take kindly to the sugar alcohol overload!

The residue is gone, I’ve been healthy (mentally and physically)… exercising (moderately), drinking all my water, eating my Induction menu, losing pounds, getting to work each day. I have an official weigh in this Friday, but my unsanctioned peeks have shown me a new low. It won’t count unless it sticks on Friday, but it feels good to know I’m moving in the right direction.

So, that’s the current state of affairs! Phew! I’m grateful the incident didn’t have me stumbling through the next few weeks into Christmas as would have been the case in previous years. Oh, how easy it is to say “I’ll just re-start in the New Year”. Kiss of death! There is nothing to ‘re-start’. The only ‘re-start’ we get in life is the one we get each morning. You only have today. In fact, you don’t even have all of today… you only ever have this exact moment. <3 I’m so happy that I’ve been able to adopt this outlook and change my lifestyle. Sure, I have my shaky moments too, but that’s life!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Trish, you did a great job handling a very tricky situation and you should be really proud. You love your mom very much and it is wonderful that you take such good care of her and make her a priority in your life. Of course you are feeling anxious and sad about moving away and leaving her -- given that you might be moving away in a few months. That coupled with the fact that you recently separated from your husband -- that is two separations to deal with in a very short period of time. I can't believe that you have been through so much recent trauma yet you still stay on plan. I really admire your strength, fortitude, self-awareness and overall emotional health.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

I second everything Gail wrote. You did an amazing job on catching what could have been a disaster. I am so proud of you getting a handle on the situation so quickly. Hugs! You are so right, we only have "this exact moment", very well put.

Have a great day!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Trish, you did a great job handling a very tricky situation and you should be really proud. You love your mom very much and it is wonderful that you take such good care of her and make her a priority in your life. Of course you are feeling anxious and sad about moving away and leaving her -- given that you might be moving away in a few months. That coupled with the fact that you recently separated from your husband -- that is two separations to deal with in a very short period of time. I can't believe that you have been through so much recent trauma yet you still stay on plan. I really admire your strength, fortitude, self-awareness and overall emotional health.
Thank you for the kind words Gail! I am a constant work in progress and just keep trying to do my best. Some days that's impressive and some days it is very much NOT impressive!
Quote:
I second everything Gail wrote. You did an amazing job on catching what could have been a disaster. I am so proud of you getting a handle on the situation so quickly. Hugs! You are so right, we only have "this exact moment", very well put.
Have a great day!
Thank you for the encouragement Dianne! It has made a big difference to realize it is more important to learn to recover from a situation quickly than to expect to be perfect and never find myself in a 'situation'.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

You don't give yourself enough credit, Trish. You are doing really well staying on plan in the face of less-than-ideal circumstances. Good for you. And yet there is plenty of room in your heart to take care of you mom. Go you!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Trish,, it is a success that once you really looked at the situation having eaten the cookies as a result of stress, that you were able to stop a full blow carb binge and you got back on plan right away. I am a complete stress/emotional eater myself so I do understand the forceful, mindless urge.

I have in the past also negotiated with myself that if I do X over the next week it will catch me up from some poor choice in food I have eaten. I have been working hard on not rebounding to "make up" time lost or weight gained to get to a goal I have set. If I ate too much or the wrong food today I will not punish myself with not eating or force myself to exercise it off anymore. This has been so hard to change my thinking on this. I have found that deprivation is my enemy and I always fail after I have felt deprived by restriction in trying to fix a previous eating transgression. I have some bad eating habits but I think I have bigger negative thought patterns having to do with dieting and weight loss and body image that I am working on right now. It is fortunate that you have a counselor to review your stress and relationship with food and the "diet talk" that comes to you after a slip.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:30 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You don't give yourself enough credit, Trish. You are doing really well staying on plan in the face of less-than-ideal circumstances. Good for you. And yet there is plenty of room in your heart to take care of you mom. Go you!
Thanks Gail. I am my own worst critic, and am aware of my excessive self-doubt and am consciously working on catching it when it is present and working towards self assuredness. Sounds great written out like that, but when it's happening in my head it is a little messier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phranquie View Post
I have in the past also negotiated with myself that if I do X over the next week it will catch me up from some poor choice in food I have eaten. I have been working hard on not rebounding to "make up" time lost or weight gained to get to a goal I have set. If I ate too much or the wrong food today I will not punish myself with not eating or force myself to exercise it off anymore. This has been so hard to change my thinking on this. I have found that deprivation is my enemy and I always fail after I have felt deprived by restriction in trying to fix a previous eating transgression. I have some bad eating habits but I think I have bigger negative thought patterns having to do with dieting and weight loss and body image that I am working on right now. It is fortunate that you have a counselor to review your stress and relationship with food and the "diet talk" that comes to you after a slip.
You have described the thinking pattern perfectly here. When I chose my counselor a couple of years back, I chose her because she specifically listing binge eating/eating disorders as a special area she dealt with. Although we have really worked more on 'root' issues in our sessions and not so much specifically on the eating habits, I can see the shift in my thinking in regards to dieting, binge & restrict, excessive exercise, emotional eating, and my outlook on food and its purpose as a source of nutrition and energy. The shift has been so positive and so dramatic that when I feel those old thoughts creeping in, it is very unnerving (hence last week's panic over the dialogue in my head that seemed to continue without my consent!). Reacting to this thought pattern is the REAL work to be done in managing my weight. Like you mention, this is far more of the struggle than the nutrition part of it. I see more progress in this area at this point in my life than I have at any other time in my past, which is a comfort.

Today was an official weigh in day and I am happy to report decent loss. I'm down to 212.75! That 70 pound club is less than a pound away and I can taste it.

I haven't weighed this low since 2006. I feel freakin' awesome (and look pretty awesome too). I have always been the type that 'carried my weight well'. I have an hourglass shape with a very small waist and always looked smaller than you'd think based on the scale number... My weight distributes evenly. However, as I gained up into the 220's, 230's, 240's, 250's, 260's, 270's, and 280's my shape got lost because the fat could no longer find convenient places to distribute. It started to accumulate in rolls throughout my middle, my tummy, butt, and thighs became huge, my face completely distorted, my already large breasts were massive, my hands and feet looked like they were pumped full of air. There wasn't shape wear on the planet that could hide the multitude of sins my body carried at 282. I always felt like I looked like a disheveled schlep at work, even when I tried to dress nice.

I finally can look in the mirror and see my old body showing. The last 5 pounds really took away the last of the 'obese' shape. A decent bra and good underwear allow me to appear to have a smaller tummy and enhance the hourglass. At this weight I am able to be very in tuned with my body and notice a shift as small as two pounds. Luckily moving forward, I will be able to enjoy even minor changes in my body and this helps keep my motivation strong. If I HAD to live the rest of my life at this weight, I could be happy and wear things that made me feel good and do the physical activities I want to. HOWEVER, I want to keep going to the 100 pound mark. Then I'll do a re-evaluation.

I really am at a place where I am taking a deep breath, looking back at the journey, and enjoying the view from here. Yes, still miles to travel... But I am at a high enough peak to start enjoying the view!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:17 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Trish, congratulations! Kudos to you for your weight loss and for being in such a great place! You earned it!

You are so lucky to have the hourglass shape -- you must look terrific at your current weight. And seeing your great ongoing progress will keep you motivated to reach your goal!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:21 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

12-14-12.jpg
Feeling good today at 212!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Trish, you look gorgeous!!! Go you!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Trish, you look gorgeous!!! Go you!!!
Thanks!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krazy cat
Stats: 280/working on it/145
WOE: Atkins '72-ish
Start Date: 2/22/12-Atkins; 2/13/13-LC/JUDDD; Jun '14-Atkins72
Congrats Trish on joining the 70lb loss club,,,you certainly earned it! You rock girlie!

I've been browsing through various members' weight loss journals looking for some inspiration and came upon your thread. Your dedication and focus during all the obstacles you've dealt with recently is really inspiring! I also noticed that some of our stats are similar (starting weight, date and pounds lost) so I'd like to follow your thread to give myself some motivation to stay the course during the upcoming holiday (and eating) season! Of course, you're much younger than I (lol), and I just have to say that you are absolutely gorgeous and look so happy in your new photo. Go Trish!!

I can relate some of your experiences and thought processes to my own, but you phrase them so much more eloquently than I'm able to do.

Phranquie, I also wanted to say that I totally identify with your post about trying to make up for lost time and food indiscretions by being extra strict and then ultimately failing at it. You hit the nail on the head!! I've been trying to not be so perfect with my Atkins WOE this go-around to avoid those exact eating behaviors and so far, I've been more successful than in my past attempts. I really hope I can permanently change my past binge/deprivation ways.

One final comment: all of you ladies posting here on Trish's journal are so kind and wonderfully supportive of each other. What a pleasure it's been to read. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
krazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Trish! You look beautiful in your photo today. You always were gorgeous but it just shines on you now. I am so proud of you!! From your photo you look really small in the face. You are rocking it!!!

Hi Gail, Phranquie, Kat and others! Hope everyone has a great great weekend.

I am off to a work party for my husband in a bit. I had a party last night, one tonight, one Saturday night and one Sunday night! I am going to stick to mostly veggies and plain meats. Hopefully this doesn't send me in a tailspin.

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
Old 12-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Trish, you are so smart to pick a counselor with an eating disorder specialty. I think for a lot of us it takes trying and failing a bunch of times to understand it is not just the food but all the emotional work that is needed.

Congrats on making the 70lb club!! From your description we have a similar body shape. When I am smaller I still have a butt, boobs and thighs but a smaller waist. I cannot wait to see my rolls disappear and see the waist make a reappearance.

You have the most beautiful eyes!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy cat View Post
Congrats Trish on joining the 70lb loss club,,,you certainly earned it! You rock girlie!

One final comment: all of you ladies posting here on Trish's journal are so kind and wonderfully supportive of each other. What a pleasure it's been to read. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Thank you for the encouragement and I agree that there are some wonderful and supportive people posting in here!
Quote:
Trish! You look beautiful in your photo today. You always were gorgeous but it just shines on you now. I am so proud of you!! From your photo you look really small in the face. You are rocking it!!!

I am off to a work party for my husband in a bit. I had a party last night, one tonight, one Saturday night and one Sunday night! I am going to stick to mostly veggies and plain meats. Hopefully this doesn't send me in a tailspin.
Thank you! My face definitely distorted at my highest weight and it does feel much smaller and more comfortable now. Actually, at my highest weight I remember wondering why I kept seeing stuff in my peripheral vision and then realized my cheeks had gotten so big, I could see them out of the corner of my eyes. Yikes!

Tis' the season for parties, but I'm sure your veggie and meat strategy will keep you from spinning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phranquie View Post
Trish, you are so smart to pick a counselor with an eating disorder specialty. I think for a lot of us it takes trying and failing a bunch of times to understand it is not just the food but all the emotional work that is needed.

You have the most beautiful eyes!
Thank you for the compliment on my eyes. I used to think they were one of my better features, but as my weight crept up they got smaller and smaller. I hid them behind my black horned rimmed glasses for years. Now I'm ditching the glasses more often... Though I do love my chunky glasses too! As far as the counselor, I spent so many years trying and failing and learning lessons along the way (life, right?). I just wanted a bit of light for my path and found it with this tool. I am grateful every day for it... I never take it for granted.

On the subject of the 'emotional work', I've been doing some processing over the past few weeks about my relationship with my father. I'll spare everyone the novel, but I have come to realize it was/is a toxic relationship and I am removing it from my life moving forward. I invested a lot of time and effort into making it a healthy one, but I have found peace in my decision to just let go. This is huge for me. I am tenacious, I don't let go of things because it can feel like failure, and I always think people have hope and potential (occupational hazard of being an educator, lol!). Bottom line, I've spent many years trying to meet his high expectations and seeking his approval, I now realize that HE was not meeting MY expectations as a father and I was settling for less than I deserved in the relationship.

It is not lost on me that this has been bubbling to the surface as I am sorting through the dynamics of my marriage. There are a lot of similarities here with one exception; I believe there is still hope and potential for the relationship with my DH to become healthier. In a way, I think reflecting on the relationship with my father has magnified the positive aspects of my relationship with DH. It has also made me confident in the fact that I am indeed strong enough to walk away from any situation if my needs aren't met. I proved that by asking for this separation with DH, I proved that in terminating my relationship with my father, and again in deciding to change my current job situation. I feel like I have found my voice and my authentic self and don't want to waste any more time living someone else's idea of what my life should be. I absolutely WILL put my needs above anyone else's and I now trust myself to do that. This new confidence is the result of YEARS of groundwork.

I share this in this post because it is ALL connected to my eating/weight issues. My relationship with food filled in the gaps... It was a false sense of me 'fulfilling my needs'. I tolerated situations that had me allowing my boundaries to be crossed and then comforted myself with the food to numb the reality of what was going on. No coincidence it all started after a molestation as a 7 year old (boundaries crossed, afraid to speak the truth, comfort with food).

Of course the 7 year old me had no other tools available to cope, so she was doing the best she could. The 34 year old me has a full tool box and no longer needs to rely on the comfort of food to fill in the gaps. I am now speaking my truths and holding my boundaries and anyone that doesn't like it is free to leave my life. The people that stick around are the ones worth investing my time, my love, and my commitment to.

OK, enough of the heavy stuff. I am planning my food for the week and want to still keep it in the Induction range (high fats/lower carbs) in hopes of getting below 210 for Christmas and then making my way through the final decade before onederland!

Here's the plan:

B- Fried thick cut bacon with a cup of coffee (or two)
L- Egg salad and/or cream cheese
After work- Coffee
D- Protein and veggie (I bought 2 rib eyes, country style pork ribs, chicken tenders, and a pork roast. Stocked veggies include green beans, mushrooms, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts.)

60 ounces of water
30 minutes of exercise (walking, cardio DVD, or dancing)

My baby sister is flying to Florida from Boston for Christmas and I am picking her up Friday afternoon. She's ten years my junior, so in the beginning I had a more mother/daughter relationship with her but the past few years it's blossomed into a peer friendship/sister relationship... Although on some level she'll always be my baby sis. I'm excited to see her. I weighed in the 270's the last time she saw me, so I think wanting to look great on Friday will help with my motivation this week.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Trish, your last post was very moving. You have come so far and have learned so much about yourself. It is so true that there are so many underlying issues with each of us that caused us to put on the weight in the first place. I admire you so much and you are doing so well! If we don't fix these things, no way of eating is going to help in the long run. You are my hero.

Good for you for putting yourself first. That is something we all need to do and most of us don't.

Your sister is going to be so proud of you when she sees you and I am sure she is proud of you anyway for being the beautiful person you are on the inside and out.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Trish, your last post was very moving. You have come so far and have learned so much about yourself. It is so true that there are so many underlying issues with each of us that caused us to put on the weight in the first place. I admire you so much and you are doing so well! If we don't fix these things, no way of eating is going to help in the long run. You are my hero.

Good for you for putting yourself first. That is something we all need to do and most of us don't.

Your sister is going to be so proud of you when she sees you and I am sure she is proud of you anyway for being the beautiful person you are on the inside and out.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend.
Thanks Dianne. How did the meat and veggie strategy work out?
Old 12-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Dianne, that was a GREAT post!!! I totally agree with everything you said so eloquently above. Trish, you are fantastic and you totally get it -- you know what you have to do in order to heal. In fact, you are already healing because you pinpointed your problem areas and took the smart, corrective steps to fix them. You are on a healthy path so please give yourself a pat on the back for your strength, fortitude and extraordinary moral compass. Go Trish!
Old 12-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Trish, it has worked well. I overdid it a bit on nuts but after 3 parties, just 1 lb. up in weight. I think that is a win. I also know that it will be gone in a day or so as it happens when I eat away from home. So I am calling it success.

Hi Gail! How is it going for you?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthedish View Post
On the subject of the 'emotional work', I've been doing some processing over the past few weeks about my relationship with my father. I'll spare everyone the novel, but I have come to realize it was/is a toxic relationship and I am removing it from my life moving forward. I invested a lot of time and effort into making it a healthy one, but I have found peace in my decision to just let go. This is huge for me. I am tenacious, I don't let go of things because it can feel like failure, and I always think people have hope and potential (occupational hazard of being an educator, lol!). Bottom line, I've spent many years trying to meet his high expectations and seeking his approval, I now realize that HE was not meeting MY expectations as a father and I was settling for less than I deserved in the relationship.
Trish this is some profound work you are doing. It is seriously hard to come to a final realization that a parent is not good for you. Replace the parent with mother and I went through a very similar realization about 20 years ago with my mom. I know she did the best she could but I think she should not have had children. Some things in my childhood were terribly damaging to me and she is a toxic person that I had to cut out of my life. I now keep her at arms length with occasional phone calls.

This forum is amazing when you find that others have been through similar struggles.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Dianne -- thanks for asking about me -- I'm okay. I hope you are well. It is hard to resist nuts at parties!

Trish, I agree with with Frankie said -- you are doing so very hard and profound work and it is always hard to let go. Toxic parents can really suck you dry if you let them so it is best to find a safe way to manage the relationship without getting hurt. I hope you have a GREAT time with your baby sister -- she is going to be so proud of you!
Old 12-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Trish, wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have tried several times over the past couple weeks to get in here and post, but it has been difficult. My Christmas with mom and sister was lovely. I stayed on plan without incident! This is the first Christmas season in my life that I stuck to my way of eating and did not give into a Christmas season binge. Seriously, first time in 34 years!!! My mother was a fantastic host and had plenty of LC options for me. I thanked her profusely for being so thoughtful.

I did overeat with sugar free chocolate and cheese but I am calling that a smashing success. Even 'normal' eaters (whatever that is) put on weight over the holidays and I managed to escape with bouncing up just a half a pound (and that's with TOM!).

So here I begin the New Year with my new slimmer body, sitting on the edge of the 70 pound club and feeling energized about continuing my physical transformation. I am so grateful that I am not starting the new year bloated with a severe gain and thoughts of crash diets and harsh New Year's resolutions. Instead, I'm just going to keep on keeping on with my tried and tested way of life (and boy oh boy was it tested during 2012!). Getting through this year and sticking to my healthier habits has given me all the confidence, security, and trust in myself that I require to continue taking care of my emotional, physical, and nutritional needs. Big hugs to myself.

Although 2012 was extremely difficult, it provided me with the insight I needed to really step up my game in life and start living to the fullest. I see now it was actually one of the best years of my life when you view it through a lens of learning and growing. I am the best me I have ever been and regardless of what 2013 throws my way, I know it is only to make me stronger and more aligned to my authentic self. I extend my deepest gratitude to the highest power in the universe for providing me with the resources to thrive!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Trish you are doing awesome!! That is so neat that your mom was helpful with the foods.

I think you are on a roll and that 2013 might be even better than 2012.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Trish I am thrilled for you that the holidays turned out so positive. It is exciting to know that you can make it through a food focused time with family and have them helping you to stay on plan. This is the kind of success that I like to think about when I am tested and tempted by some off plan food,,,to remember the incredible feeling of success and accomplishment of not caving in for some momentary taste of a food that is gone all too soon.

Congrats on your positive outlook for this next year!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, it is back to work tomorrow and back to my routine (which is good for me). I have maintained my weight through the Christmas season but am ready to get back into weight loss mode. My next OWI in is Friday and I'm going to try and keep off the scales till then. I hope to see an even 212 on Friday and then set a new mini goal then. The nearest big prize is onederland, but dipping under 210 will be a great feat as well. Again, we'll see about that after I make it to Friday back in the swing of things.

Here is my menu for my first week back to the grind:

B- Pumpkin bake & coffee (13 carbs)
L- Quiche with roasted peppers, spinach, garlic, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan (5 carbs)
S- Protein & coffee *chicken, salmon, shrimp, egg, leftovers (4 carbs)
D- Protein & vegetable with a diet soda can (10 carbs)

60 ounces of water
30 minutes of exercise Monday- Friday (Cardio Crunch DVD at least twice)

Carb counts are approximate. I'm hoping to see a slight loss with the carbs around 30 a day. Depending on Friday's weigh in, I might slip down into ketosis next week. This week has a lot of hurdles and stress so I wanted to be sure to plan very satisfying meals that I can look forward to through the day in case I am feeling the need to be comforted (hence the pumpkin bake and very yummy quiche).

I have to have a very uncomfortable conversation with my boss tomorrow that will cause a domino effect at work. I am giving my notice as I will not be continuing as an administrator when this school year is finished. The news will spread like wildfire so this week will be 'interesting'. I'm prepared and feeling positive.