Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Hey there Trish! This too has been a rather bad year for me, so I can totally relate. I did use food for comfort a lot though. Anxiety and stress got me where I am right now. I try to make the best out of things always, but it definitely gets harder and harder to do so.

I did get around to make the pumpkin bake and OMG!! I can honestly say that is the bomb. No wonder it became a staple of yours. So easy to make and very tasty. Linda Sue's site is a true lifesaver.

I know artificial sweeteners aren't necessarily healthy, but they don't increase my cravings or appetite. Actually, when I consciously tried to zap them from my diet I gained three pounds in a week!

I've been making coconut bark often. It really kills my appetite

My ancestors didnít claw their way to the top of the food chain so I could eat Twinkies - Mark Sisson
translationmx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/18/14
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 28, 2012
Trans- Iím going to have to try the coconut bark soon. It might be a nice thing to have with coffee. Is there a recipe you like to use? Iím glad you tried the pumpkin bake. I took a break from it this week to try and lower my carbs, but I have been missing it. It might come back as my breakfast option next week!

Last weekís funk has passed. Iíve been sleeping better (back in my own bed), getting up early to take my 30 minute walk, chugging all of my water on schedule, and eating Induction level carbs. Iíve even been attempting to get into ketosis. I had been pretty snacky last week and over the weekend I allowed my carbs to go up quite a bit. Nothing wrong with that, but I thought getting back into ketosis might help me shake off the Ďfunkí physiologically and aid with the appetite at the same time. Sure enough, Iím feeling much better!

Iím glad to be working up the Dr. Atkinsí ladder and Iím so relieved to have adopted many lifestyle changes that will keep me a lifelong lowcarber. I must say that I think I will utilize ketosis on and off throughout my life. It really helps with my moods, my sleep patterns, and my obsessive/compulsive food issues. It is sort of like a reset button. Life needs that every now and then.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had the best lunch and dinner yesterday.

Lunch- I diced up leftover steak and sautťed it with minced garlic and oil. I then put in about a quarter cup of spaghetti squash and tossed. Topped with grated parmesan cheese and was in heaven.

Dinner- DH had taken out ground beef for burgers. I seasoned my patties with Italian seasoning and then when I plated, I placed the burger patty on a spoonful of ricotta, topped the burger with sautťed peppers and onions and melted mozzarella, then covered with a half cup of SF tomato sauceÖ sprinkled with a little grated parmesan to finish and it was OMG delicious!!

I managed to skip my Ďsweetí evening snack again, just to try and cleanse my pallet of the sweet taste to reduce cravings. Iím still using 2 Splenda in my coffee, but other than that all food has been savory.

I had a lot of work related anxiety last night and was very pleased that I did not feel the urge to snack through it. Iím giving most of the credit to ketosis. Iím lucky in that I reach ketosis within 48 hours and even when I start to climb the ladder, the effects of ketosis seem to linger a while. It sort of works out of my system slowly and the good habits I form during ketosis (less snacking) seems to last a while too.

When managing a healthy lifestyle that includes nutritious eating and regular exercise, there are times when it feels tough and times when it feels easy. Iím grateful to be having a smoother ride this week.
trishthedish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to hear the funk is gone! I too feel way better the more purple my ketostix gets. These past few days that nice hopeful feeling is back for me, so I find myself smiling more often

About the bark - there are tons of recipes, but I mostly make two: one with coconut oil, cocoa powder, heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon and a dash of sweetener of your choice (I like to use two packets of truvia and one of splenda for about 1 1/2 cups of oil and cream mixture). I always eyeball the proportions, but you can make it more like a dark chocolate bar with more cocoa, or more like a milk chocolate bar with more cream. Feel free to add walnuts or toasted almonds, the crunchiness factor makes it even more delish. The other one I make is more like those fat bombs recipe that is floating around the boards - I use either peanut or almond butter, sweetener and coconut oil, with a light sprinkle of cocoa powder on top. If I have unsweetened coconut I add some. The options are truly endless.

Cheers to a smoother week! I have high hopes for mine too.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well today was OWI and in the past two weeks I lost a whopping .25 pounds putting me at 220.25. Still heading in the right direction, but I am sooooo ready to see the teens!!! I have noticed this trend though; I enter a new decade and breeze right down the numbers and then as I approach the next decade, I have to crawl to get over the hump.

In fairness and honesty, this week has been terrible. DH and I are moving forward with a separation and it has taken a huge emotional toll. No binging or coping with food, but also no drive to get in all my water and exercise daily. Iíve been sleeping a lot, crying a lot, and eating just enough to sustain my energy to get through the workday. Iíve also overindulged in coffee to give me a little Ďliftí when needed. Add to that, I am smack in the middle of TOM.

All of this considered, Iím grateful I still came out with a loss of any kindÖ even teeny weenie. Looking at the week ahead I am making it my goal to maintain. DH leaves the country to return to his home next weekend so this week will continue to be emotionally charged and if I can get through it without binging or turning to food to cope that will be its own successÖ weight loss probably wonít be feasible.

The time I have left with DH is bittersweet. We still love each other so much and we are both mourning the loss of something very special. He is begging to stay, but I donít feel I can trust him moving forward so I must protect myself. Iím in love with this man and we have a 15 year bond and any and all who know us thought we were the couple to measure all others against. We had a real love story.

I always assumed when a couple separated, they had fallen out of love. It is difficult to be saying goodbye without anger. Anger would provide great insulation against the sadness, but Iím really past anger. Now I just have disappointment and devastation (just!). Since we are such good friends and genuinely care for each other, weíve been comforting each other through our breakdowns and crying spells. Seems ironic. I occasionally question if I am doing the right thing by asking for this separation, but then I remember he broke my trust. It took a lot for me to give him a second chance (Iím a stubborn, prideful girl). He made a poor decision during that second chance and it really has left me feeling that I cannot find peace and comfort in taking him at his word. If we donít have that, I canít move forward.

So, one day at a time. No binging. No compulsive eating. Low carb nutrition. Keep breathing.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

So sorry to hear Trish. I can only imagine the very difficult time you're going through.

Kudos to you for staying positive and not turning to food for comfort.

DH and I are going through a rough financial patch and the difficult there transpires to our relationship... not easy and not fun...
Old 11-11-2012, 06:14 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh boy, life has had me on quite the ride. My DH and I officially separated this weekend and he moved back to England from the life we built together here in Florida. Huge adjustment for me. I've not lived alone in my entire adult life. I went from living in my family home, then with a college roommate, then moved in with my husband nearly fifteen years ago. Last night was my first time alone and it was a bit scary in such a big house. I was up 'investigating' noises four times last night.

During all of this, I have not been as focused or diligent with my food and water, but still walking daily. As my pattern has been, I've finally whooshed out of the 220's and started making my way down through the two-teens. This morning clocked me in at 215 (unofficial). I seem to lose faster with less water and more coffee. I think I've probably been eating a lot less because of all the stress. Five coffees a day equals less food. I'm not complaining much because I need the weight loss, but I know it is healthier to get in all my water and nutrients for a good overall lifestyle... I've just got other things on the forefront of my mind right now.

I'm aware that my eating patterns may change now that I am shopping and eating for one and not two. I'm also trying to keep an awareness of how this time alone affects my binging tendencies. I was a little concerned that my first reaction would be to gather hoards of food and sit at home alone binging all night. I went grocery shopping and made it out without purchasing anything to binge on and then was able to drive home without hitting up any drive-thru restaurants. Night one was a success.

Now for day two... Wish me luck!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:29 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shellyshebby
Stats: 260/202/180 5'9"
WOE: WW
Start Date: 10/18/13
I will say good luck to you, but it doesn't really sound like you need it! You have a great thing going with your eating and exercising. So sorry about yall's separation. There's definitely been times throughout my marriage where I have wanted to do likewise!
You keep taking care of yourself, you know how much better you're feeling when you do.
I am ready to join you on that! Been a rough year healthwise for me, but I want to move on and get back in a eating/exercise regime. It's a total 360 for me when I do.
shellyshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshebby View Post
You keep taking care of yourself, you know how much better you're feeling when you do.
I am ready to join you on that!
Shelly- You are right about feeling better when we take care of ourselves. It is scary when the voices of addiction/compulsion convince us otherwise. If you feel ready, strike while the iron is hot!

Well, so far so good. I have been left to my own devices and have no witnesses to my eating and still I have been making healthier choices. Phew! I was really concerned this separation could trigger me to eat compulsively. Iíd often fantasize about being home alone and having a massive binge without prying eyes. In fact, in the past when I have had to travel for a conference or something, I would gather food in my hotel room and sit on the bed binging. I was in heaven (or so I thought)! At my worst, I was also a regular secret car binger too. Iíd hit drive-thrus on the way home from work, wolf the food while driving (dangerous!), and then make a pit stop at a gas station to destroy the evidence. Then I would pop a breath mint in my mouth and walk in from work to eat dinner as if I hadnít just gorged on a ton of fast food. Looking back, it seems so sad and makes me cringe.

But instead of my solitude causing me to compulsively overeat Iíve actually been eating less. When I have been eating, itís been high fat and protein. Sausage or bacon for breakfast, spoonfuls of cream cheese throughout the day at work, and for two nights in a row I ate a rib eye steak with a veggie. DH would never eat the same thing two days in a row, so I am enjoying eating the rib eye again and again. I may even have another tonight!

Iím feeling my body taking shape and it is really motivating. I am thinking of adding a Crunch Cardio Pilates DVD to my walking schedule in hopes to shave inches and firm up the tummy, hips, and thighs. Iím taking it one day at a time, but if I can keep the protein and fats up this week while keeping those carbs so low, I may see quite a drop in weight by Fridayís OWI.

My best friend has invited me on a three day/two night getaway to Key West in a month with a group of 5 women. It sounds like just the thing I need right now. I have one month until the reservation, so I want to try and get to 212 by then (70 pound club). If I step up the exercise and keep eating the way I have been, that should not be a problem. If all goes well, I may even get to wear THE jeans to go out dancing in Key West. I can get them on much easier but still think the spillage at the top and the tightness in the thigh make them an unacceptable option for wearing outside of the house. I have a month to work on it!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I thought I'd post some before and after face pics.
momma and the boy 001-001.jpg Before = 282 lbs.
FB November.jpg After = 216 lbs.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:27 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This morning was OWI and I was at 217.5. I'm pretty sure the bounce up one pound is due to eating higher sodium Wednesday and Thursday as well as skipping my walk all but one day. Considering this was my first week alone since separating, I'm quite pleased. I'm still down into the two teens from last OWI (which was 220.25).

I went to the thrift shop last night to help give my wardrobe a boost. Most of my clothes are really falling off of me now. I could really notice the reduction trying on clothes. I have so many more options now.

This is my last day at work before we get a week off for Thanksgiving. There were many moments this week that I didn't think I could make it through the work week, but here I am on Friday sliding into home base. I will enjoy the week off to decompress and process all that has been going on.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Trish, you look FANTASTIC! The weight loss really shows in your face. Congratulations on losing 65+ pounds -- that is a huge milestone! I hope you get a chance to relax during your Thanksgiving break -- you have been through so much turmoil and emotional pain. You should also go to Key West with your girlfriends -- that will be a nice distraction for you and Key West is FUN!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Gail, I appreciate the support!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am on my way to meet a couple of friends for breakfast and I am wearing THE jeans!!! Albeit, with control top pantyhose and a long length tunic (to hide a multitude of sins) but I'll be damned, I am wearing THE jeans out of the house and I look great!!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Good for you Trish! Your after picture is beautiful! Keep up the good work and you will be smokin hot in Key West!
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:44 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Shanan!

The last few days have been wonderfully busy for me. I spent a whole day with a couple of my girlfriends. I was a little nervous to go out with them because it had been a while since I'd seen them and they used to be my eating buddies. The three of us are overweight foodies. We met at a restaurant for breakfast and I didn't even consider chowing on pancakes or hash browns... I stuck to eggs, ham, sausage and bacon. Then we went shopping at Fashion Bug because they are going out of business and everything is 50-70% off. I stocked up on some underwear, bras, tanks, and got a pair of size 18 trousers for work.

From there, we went to an arts and crafts fair. The smells of funnel cakes, fried donuts, apple cider, and the lot wafting through the air. We stopped at a homemade ice cream shop and I enjoyed a small scoop of no sugar added butter pecan in a dish (no cone thanks!).

Eventually the sun started to set so we decided to cap the day off with dinner (I told you these were my eating buddies). We went to a Mexican restaurant and I didn't even consider the free chips and salsa on the table. I ordered an LC Chimmichanga served with a guacamole salad. For the record, I am a recovered nacho feen so getting out of that restaurant eating an LC option was quite a moment for me.

Another night I went out for dinner with my mom. I splurged my daily carbs on a couple of glasses of red wine but the food was deliciously lowcarb... Scallops and mixed veggie in a cream sauce.

I'm just extremely encouraged by the fact that I have been able to maintain my lifestyle choices while on vacation from work, during a holiday season, while being social and going out (and still processing the fact that I separated from DH less than two weeks ago). It goes to show that there is NEVER a time when you must divert from your healthy lifestyle. You can always make the best choice available even eating socially.

And just to be accountable, I have been weighing each morning to monitor my 'out of the ordinary' eating. Holding firm!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Trish, you are doing so well! Good for you for resisting nachos -- chips and salsa are a total trigger food for me too! It is great that you were able to navigate all these fun social activities and not cave in to high-carb tempations. It must be hard after your separation too but good to know that you have good friends and a wonderful mom there to support you. Hang in there -- you look fantastic as Shenan said above!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Great job handling all that! Wow 3 tempting food spots in a row! I am glad to hear your getting out of the house and having some fun too,, that's really important during a break up. I went through something similar 3. 1/2 years ago with my xH and its important to remember to just have fun and get used to being alone AND happy being alone. It helps alot as you start your new life just getting comfortable with yourself. Its hard getting used to being by yourself when you've been together a long time but I learned alot about myself and what I really wanted in a future relationship.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Shanan and Gail.

The remainder of my vacation week flew by. Thanksgiving was just me and my mom. My mom was my first (and best) food enabler. We have enjoyed eating together since I was a kid... and when I said eat together, I meant to say binge together. I fought the good fight but by Wednesday, the two of us were in a holiday eating frenzy that has lasted four days. I am up ten pounds this morning.

More important than my unplanned diversion from healthy eating for a few days is the fact that I am stopping it right here. In the past, I would be broken to pieces at this point and whipping myself so badly that I continue binging and lose my way. I haven't lost my way. I am not whipping myself at all. This is how life is sometimes. I can't use it as an excuse to return to my former unhealthy way of life. Four days over a holiday centered on food isn't enough of a failure to warrant sticking my tail between my legs and receding to the shadows. That kind of thinking relinquishes my power and that is not who I am anymore.

I've enjoyed my normal Sunday routine of planning my meals for the week and getting my cook prep list ready. I am going to take the next five busy workdays as an opportunity to eat clean Induction style. My goal is to feel the effects of ketosis by the weekend and release the water weight I have from the refined foods I've been eating. I'm betting a few extra pounds linger for a week or two but once it finally goes it can take a couple more with it! Only looking forward from here.

This week's ketosis plan:

Breakfast- Sausage and cheese quiche with coffee (2 Splenda, 2 TBLS half & half)
Work- Egg salad (with plenty of fatty mayo) and/or cream cheese with celery
Lunch- Rotisserie chicken with ranch or Salmon filet with butter and sesame oil
Dinner- Ribeye or Country Style Pork Ribs with a serving of vegetables and a can of diet ginger ale

60 ounces of water
30 minutes of walking

I am eager to feel ketosis and lose the physical effects of my unhealthy food consumption. My tummy is clawing for food, I feel bloated, my mouth and tongue feel furry, and my body aches a bit. I am so happy that I am so aware of this! I would never be able to live like this again. Even small doses are hard to take. I love lowcarb for life!

So now that I've written this down, I feel clean. Facing forward, one foot in front of the other.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shellyshebby
Stats: 260/202/180 5'9"
WOE: WW
Start Date: 10/18/13
Congrats on getting right back on track! Beating yourself up over it does no good, just keeps the guilt/eating chain going.
Your loss so far is amazing! Your after picture, so pretty. You were in the before picture as well.
I have set December 1st as my getting going day. I know that day should be today, but it is what it is.
I'm sure you will be back in ketosis in no time!
shellyshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Enjoying reading your story ! You can do this . Sorry for all the trouble you've been having lately :/

I was off LC for the last week, cooking and baking, and all my aches and stuff came back too. Back on track today
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Good job getting back on track Trish! I also ate off plan Thursday for dinner. And fridays dinner too. We ate at my bf's aunts for dinner and ended up going back there to work on a car friday and they invited us to eat leftovers. I was up 3lbs.. I finally dropped one today but I must say even though I ate off plan that is the least I have ever eaten on thanksgiving ever. I just had a little bit of the sides I really wanted and turkey breast. The bad thing was the pies.. I had 3 slices Thursday lol. Oh well not throwing in the towel so onward!
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Trish, I have enjoyed reading your journal. I am glad to see you were able to get back on plan after your holiday eating. You caught yourself and did not slip further into binging or become so guilt ridden that you could not recover. To me this is a success. Nobody will be perfect all the time so learning how to recover from a slip or overindulgence is really important especially for the long run. I know this personally as these things have derailed me in the past.

Planning your meals in advance is such a good thing. It is easier to stick to your food plan when you know exactly the foods you will eat. I have a tendency to eat four or five meals over and over during the week. Once in a while I will add a new meal into the rotation and drop an old one for a while. I like knowing I have no brainer foods available at all times.

Have you thought about the next time you have free time with your mom and how you are going to deal with food since she is your eating partner/enabler? It might be good to formulate a plan now so that you can be prepared for the next holiday. You were so successful with eating out with your foodie friends and sticking to good food choices just a few days before. What were the differences in the two situations for you?
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshebby View Post
Congrats on getting right back on track! I have set December 1st as my getting going day. I know that day should be today, but it is what it is.
Thank you for the encouragement. Starting when YOU are ready is the key. Use this time to plan for your success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Enjoying reading your story ! You can do this . Sorry for all the trouble you've been having lately :/ I was off LC for the last week, cooking and baking, and all my aches and stuff came back too. Back on track today
Thank you, I'm feeling well despite the turmoil. As far as the aches and pains, doesn't it just verify we are basically allergic to refined high carb foods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Good job getting back on track Trish! I also ate off plan Thursday for dinner. And fridays dinner too. We ate at my bf's aunts for dinner and ended up going back there to work on a car friday and they invited us to eat leftovers. I was up 3lbs.. I finally dropped one today but I must say even though I ate off plan that is the least I have ever eaten on thanksgiving ever. I just had a little bit of the sides I really wanted and turkey breast. The bad thing was the pies.. I had 3 slices Thursday lol. Oh well not throwing in the towel so onward!
Awesome job getting back on track and modifying previous Thanksgiving habits!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phranquie View Post
Trish, I have enjoyed reading your journal. I am glad to see you were able to get back on plan after your holiday eating. You caught yourself and did not slip further into binging or become so guilt ridden that you could not recover. To me this is a success. Nobody will be perfect all the time so learning how to recover from a slip or overindulgence is really important especially for the long run. I know this personally as these things have derailed me in the past.

Planning your meals in advance is such a good thing. It is easier to stick to your food plan when you know exactly the foods you will eat. I have a tendency to eat four or five meals over and over during the week. Once in a while I will add a new meal into the rotation and drop an old one for a while. I like knowing I have no brainer foods available at all times.

Have you thought about the next time you have free time with your mom and how you are going to deal with food since she is your eating partner/enabler? It might be good to formulate a plan now so that you can be prepared for the next holiday. You were so successful with eating out with your foodie friends and sticking to good food choices just a few days before. What were the differences in the two situations for you?
I will definitely be reflecting on this last paragraph as we move towards Christmas. Thank you for the food for thought.

I have been doing great. Three days of clean Induction eating, drinking all my water, and taking a 30 minute walk. I've already dropped half of the ten pounds I bounced up from last week's overindulgences (the water weight obviously). Since TOM is approaching, I suspect I'll hold a few pounds for the next week or so. My revised mini goal is to get to 212 (70 pound club) for Christmas, which I think is doable if I'm blessed with a whoosh after TOM. I'm just going to do my healthy thang each day and hope for the best. As long as I continue moving down, I'm cool.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:42 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Four days of Induction under my belt and I am down seven pounds and back into the teens. I am also blessed with a clear head, appetite suppression, energy, and no aches and pains. Helloooooooo ketosis.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Trish! The Induction strategy really paid off!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Yay Trish! The Induction strategy really paid off!
Yes! I am so grateful to know my body and its needs and soooooo lucky to be one of those people that can get into ketosis quickly to reap the rewards. With the power of ketosis I don't need appetite suppressants, antidepressants, pain relievers, or digestion aids. It's an all natural cure all for me. Thank you Dr. Atkins.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As of today, I lost all of the amount gained from Thanksgiving week's indulgences and even a half pound more to put me at 216... And that's with TOM knocking on my door!

I've planned this week's staple meals and will be heading to the grocery store to hunt and gather in a bit. Then I will prep cook. I kept it similar to last week's menu since that worked so well. Here's the plan:

B- Cheese quiche with 2 slices of bacon and one coffee
Work- Egg salad, chicken salad, or cream cheese with a celery stick as needed
L- Chicken wings, chicken legs, or salmon filet
D- Ribeye or Country Style Pork Ribs with choice of cauliflower, mushrooms, green beans, or Brussels sprouts with a diet ginger ale can

60 ounces of water
30 minutes of exercise

I'm really encouraged to have dropped that excess weight within seven days. I now feel confident that I can reach my mini goal of 212 by Christmas. In fact, I may have a glimmer of hope that I can get under 210 by then. The thought of that alone makes me want to giggle and screech like Buddy the Elf seeing Santa. "SANTAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 12-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Go Trish! You are in the wonderful world of Ketosis and your weight is disappearing right before your eyes! You will definitely get to 210 or under by Christmas. Isn't low carb the best? I wish Dr. Atkins were still alive so I could thank him profusely.

You have a GREAT plan to start the week! You can do this.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Go Trish! You are in the wonderful world of Ketosis and your weight is disappearing right before your eyes! You will definitely get to 210 or under by Christmas. Isn't low carb the best? I wish Dr. Atkins were still alive so I could thank him profusely.

You have a GREAT plan to start the week! You can do this.
Thanks Gail!