GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 04:51 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
Just saying hi - thinking about you. Hope all is well!
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:15 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Trish, we are thinking of you and hope you are well. We miss you!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #394
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
miss you Trish !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Trish! Just want to let you know that we are thinking of you and we miss you. Hope all is well with you.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Miss you Trish! Let us know how you are doing.
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/18/14
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 28, 2012
*sticks head out of the sand*

Long story short, time to grab the reigns and keep moving forward.
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #398
Blabbermouth!!!

You can do it ! Glad to see you back !
Old 12-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jokath
Stats: Then 190/144/144...Now 190/156/155
WOE: Low carb/Gluten Free
Start Date: January 2003
Glad to 'see' you Trish!!!
jokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

So good to see you back! You can do this!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:31 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! We are so happy you are back! We missed you. Wishing you a very Happy New Year too!
Old 01-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you to everyone that checked in on me.

Around Thanksgiving, I sort of 'checked out' on my ambitions to lose weight, track weight, record weight, track/record nutrition, track/record exercise, count carbs, plan, prep, tweak my macros, or even THINK about anything related to food, weight, or health.

I realize I had been losing and gaining the same weight, spinning my wheels (which I sometimes called maintaining), and just felt like I was needing a mental break.

I took it.

I don't feel bad about it.

My weight is up, but I don't actually feel bad about that either.

What I do feel is rested and renewed. I now want to think about my nutrition. I want to plan and prep. I want to meet my health and nutrition goals.

I've decided to go back to the very basics, the very beginning, and follow Atkins 72 Induction (what better time to do that than on New Year's Day?). I chose this for it's simplicity and ease of use. I want to 'reset' my body into a ketogenic fat burning machine and I know this is the way to do it.

February 28 will be my two year LC anniversary. I look forward to celebrating that and have a little mini goal of reaching the 90 pound mark on that date. 90 pounds in two years isn't too shabby.

2014 will have a lot of big changes for me (professionally, housing, finances, relationships) and I am excited to greet them with optimism and positivity (even though changes can be scary). I must remind myself that being brave and courageous doesn't mean you aren't afraid, just that you do it anyway.

So here I am, doing it.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Trish!! I kind of took a small break about mid December and feel renewed and motivated. I think 2014 is going to be awesome. I've plans to retire after April 15 and beginning a new chapter in my life!! Happy New Year everyone!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Happy New Year Trish! You sound great -- rested and ready to go again. We are really glad to see you back -- you have lots of friends here who root for you while they learn from you. JoKath, congratulations on your next move -- good for you!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:29 PM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah! You are back and sound like you are in a good place. Good for you! We missed you. Here's to a super new year in 2014!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:24 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Just checking in and saying hello! I hope you are having a wonderful day
Old 01-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's been hard shaking from the grip of the carb monster, but I am making progress. Back to work tomorrow, which as much as I am dreading it, is actually a good thing from the perspective of getting back into a routine. I prepped egg salad, olives and cheese for my lunches and snack at work. He is my plan:

B- bacon and coffee
L- egg salad, olives, cheese
S- coffee and pork rinds or cram cheese
D- protein, veggie, cheese
S- jello w/ HWC or cheese or pork rinds

Heavy on the dairy, but it keeps me from the carbs and as soon as I can back into ketosis I can return to portion control. Right now my appetite is OUT OF CONTROL!
Old 01-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TOM + Induction + back to work = YUCK!

I've basically been binging on cheese. Let's look a the cup half full, it is LC. However, I REALLY need to reach ketosis and I fear too much dairy might delay that. To be honest, I just want to string together a few LC days and then I will dial it in. I'm adjust feeling eh.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Four days of LC eating and I am down 4 pounds. I haven't really been doing a true Induction (too much cheese, nuts, Atkins frozen meal, and SF chocolate). It was enough to steady the ship though.

I plan to start a 'proper' Induction tomorrow. It feels good to be back to my healthy ways.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

A four pound weight loss is excellent, Trish! Congratulations! So happy for you. Are those your cats in your avatar? I love them!
Old 01-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah! 4 lb. is great! You are on your way. So good to see you back. We missed you!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the 4 lbs!!!! That's a great beginning and gets you well on your way to where you want to be.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #413
Senior LCF Member

I'm right there with you - eating low carb but not necessarily induction. Working my way back to where I need to be! We can do this!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies! It's great to share the journey with people that understand the struggles and the triumphs.

I managed to stay LC all week and have a 5 pound loss as a result. I did not do a true Induction as I ate nuts, a lot of cheese, unlimited olives, LC cheesecake, LC pumpkin bake, a frozen Atkins meal, and SF chocolate and cookies! At least those choices kept me LC, got me back on track, and got the high carb binging under control.

Today I am prepping my meals for the week ahead and the goal is to stick to Atkins 72. This gives me the following daily allowance:

- 4 tsp. of HWC for coffee
- 4 oz. of hard cheese
- Meat and butter to my heart's content
- 2 cups of salad greens (or less than 5 carbs of another green leafy veggie)
- Pork rinds or SF jello for a snack

I plan to eat bacon in the morning with a coffee. I am bringing a variety of lunch options to work, all of them a different variety of meats cooked in butter and seasoning and topped with a cheese. Dinner will be great cuts of meat with a veggie and some more cheese.

Hoping to see another whoosh of weight gone this week and feel the effects of ketosis. The scale is still in a range I don't want to accept and it is pushing me to stay strong and return to my 'fighting weight'. I am convinced a lot of it is water and I will not claim it as 'my' weight damn it!

That got me thinking about something. In EVERY SINGLE aspect of my life, I make choices based on what I know the consequences are. Of course, I would LOVE to rob a bank... But I know I would go to jail. Of course there are times I would like to tell a co-worker what I REALLY think about them, but know I could lose my job. Of course I sometimes WANT to punch someone at the grocery store, but I don't do it because I don't want the consequences. And I don't spend time whining about how unfair it is that I don't get to do those things and get away with it.

Yet, when it comes to making choices about nutrition I have this sense of entitlement! Somehow I manage to wonder why I make unhealthy choices with food and have to suffer the consequences. I act like it's not fair that I gain weight when I binge on Christmas cookies. Like, "Why me?" OMG I need to get over myself!

We even teach young children to 'make good choices' and we allow them to feel the consequences of poor choices so that they will learn to make better ones. Why do I feel my weight should be exempt from this concept?

So, I am reminding myself that I need to buck up and accept that I made a choice and I am living with the consequence because that's life. All I can do today is make better choices today so that I can enjoy the good consequences.

Exactly HOW many times do I need to come to this conclusion?!?!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:01 PM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Food is on plan and I am starting to feel ketosis kicking in. My portions are getting smaller because of the lack of hunger. I am ready to get a big whoosh of weight loss.

I have a few events coming on the horizon and am using them as mini-goals. The first is a conference at a ranch resort in February and the other is a trip to England and Amsterdam in March. I just want to feel physically comfortable in both situations.

In my personal life, I got a promotion today. After a LOT of consideration, I decided to take it. Although I often think about returning to the classroom, I think it is good to seize opportunities (and this is a big one). The classroom isn't going anywhere. I can return at any time. This promotion means I will be leaving my school and relocating to our school district's administration building. I will be coordinating programs for the county.

Unfortunately, as excited as I am about this big change I find myself disappointed right now. I guess I expected my DH to make a bigger deal of it. Perhaps an enthusiastic greeting when I came home, or an offer to go out for dinner, or a pat on the back and a thatta' girl.

No.

Instead I came home and fixed us each a coffee (could have offered to make me a celebratory coffee at least). He proceeded to whinge and moan about bad customer service today and the aggravation of setting our new remote. Just another day.

I am trying really hard not to let it steal my thunder, but it is sad. Things have been rocky during our reconciliation for a while and this is just another example of the kinds of things that make me question our ability to make it the long haul. Not something I really feel like thinking about today.

At least I am not tempted to soothe with food.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #416
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrats !!! I hope you love your new position !

SS about DH's reaction.....maybe he's a little jealous ? Don't let it get you down. You are doing amazing
Old 01-19-2014, 06:12 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I finally bit the bullet and adjusted my stats. In two weeks of being back on track, I am down 8 pounds which puts me at 220 lbs today. Since I was down to 204 in November, the math is that I had a net gain of 16 pounds over the holiday season.

I have been surprised that I haven't lost more than 8 pounds in two weeks. I know to most people that is a good rate, but a strict Induction usually has me losing that much in the first four days. I'm assuming my body is confused due to the length of my off plan eating and also that the 8 pounds I lost was the water bloat and the remainder is solid fat gain. Bummer... But I did the crime, so I gotta' do the time.

So, I am shaking off the disappointment about the holidays and the slow weight loss. I am focusing on moving forward and having another healthy, LC week ahead. What exactly would be the better alternative?
Old 01-20-2014, 06:23 AM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back into the two-teens today... 219. Heading in the right direction!

I have today off for MLK. Going to prep by breakfast and lunches for the week. Here is the plan:

B: bacon, sausage, egg, and cheddar cheese muffin (in a muffin tin)
L: beef stir fry with cabbage, garlic, basil, and parmesan cheese
D: protein, veg, cheese, condiment
S: ricotta with SF syrup or SF jello or pork rinds

Water, coffee w/HWC, diet soda
Old 01-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Trish, you are doing GREAT with eating and weight loss. And CONGRATULATIONS about the promotion! That is wonderful news. Hey, I agree with Laura -- your DH might feel a little jealous or threatened. Sometimes men fear that as their wives become more successful, they will become even more independent and will consequently abandon them. I am not saying you would ever do that but subconsciously your DH could think that, if you know what I mean. You should CELEBRATE your promotion yourself and with friends. This is a big milestone if your already successful career.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:59 AM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Hey there-

So I sort of disappeared for a while, because I held it together so well for a while and then...didn't. And when I finally screwed up the courage to step on the scales, it was brutal. I'd gained 17 pounds in about 17 days. I couldn't believe it, because I hadn't felt like it had been that off the rails. I'm back at it and have lost 6 pounds, but I am still so disappointed in myself.

In other words, I feel ya, sister.

Congratulations on the promotion. I know you were struggling with going back into the classroom or staying in administration, but maybe changing from the school to the central admin building will make a difference in your happiness. I hope so!

I am also very jealous of your planned vacations! Especially England! As routine returns I hope you all the best. Me, too.