Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/20-22/12
WOE: LC
Start Date: One day at a time
Things with me are still on track. I've been below 20 carbs every day, walked every day, and chugged water every day. My clothes are fitting better and better every day.

It has been difficult to stay off the scales, but I have managed not to weigh in. The urge to weigh has led me to a conclusion though; when I am eating Induction level carbs I expect to lose 2 pounds a week. When I am not eating Induction level carbs, I am content losing slower.

Eating below 20 carbs a day does require a little more discipline (for me) and by skipping an extra coffee, or carefully measuring 1 cup portions of veggies that I would rather enjoy by the bowlful, or choosing one ounce of cheese when two ounces would be preferable, I expect to see results.

Years ago I saw a Buddhist proverb, "Detach from results and emphasize effort." I immediate loved it because the effort I can own... But the results are down to the will of the universe. This applies to everything when you think about it: grades in school, performance at work, physical training, weight loss, relationships, etc. It also ties to the serenity prayer... Accepting what you can't change, changing what you can, making peace with reality.

I bring this up because I believe, for me, Induction is the cusp where a 'diet' mentality meets a 'lifestyle change' mentality. The fact that I cannot detach from the result (i.e. I expect to lose two pounds a week on Induction) means I don't consider the effort I put into Induction as an effort I can accept as a way of life. Does that make sense?

However, low carb is DEFINITELY a way of life for me. I can happily eat low carb and lose at a slow pace (or even maintain) and feel content that my nutrition is healthy and my efforts are their own reward.

Having said all of this, I am currently CHOOSING to continue on Induction and will continue to do so because I want to meet my goal as quickly as possible. Right now, I am attached to the result. As long as that scale meets my expectation of two pounds a week, I will be satisfied with my daily food choices. All the more reason to only weigh every two weeks, so I am not subjected to the bouncing around that occurs daily.

If I do not see my 'expected' result, I know it will make me feel it is not worth eating Induction levels. In the past, it could cause a binge out of frustration or rebellion. But now I have made this clear distinction in my mind and I know I can contently return to my tried and true low carb lifestyle to satisfy me at any time I want to and continue to see slow and steady weight loss.

Right now, I don't want slow and steady. I am ready to reach my goal and willing to put in the effort of Induction, and if I am rewarded with the results on Thursday's official weigh-in, there will be no stopping me as I jet all the way down to 182 pounds. Zoom-zoom.
trishthedish is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just finished my meal planning for the week. Thank you Gail, as I am making your yummy sounding spinach and chicken casserole for my lunches! Here's the rest:

B- Bacon and coffee (1)
S- Coffee (1)
L- Spinach & chicken casserole (5)
S- Coffee and protein if needed (1)
D- Protein, veggie, cheese, condiment (<10)
S- Ricotta or pork rinds (<2)

Carb range- <20 per day
Water- 60 ounces per day
Activity- 30 minutes per day

Here are my current dinner staples each night:

- Proteins I have ribeye, ground beef, pork chops, pork roast, baby back ribs, bone-in chicken breasts, boneless chicken breasts, cod, and scallops.

- Veggies I have cauliflower, broccoli, sprouts, green beans, shredded cabbage, lettuce, onions, peppers, and mushrooms.

- Condiments I have ranch, marinara sauce, Cajun spice, sour cream, salsa, chili powder, and a crazy amount of Mrs. Dash blends.

- Cheese I have cheddar shreds, Mexican shreds, Italian shreds, flavored grated parm, and ricotta.

With all of these options, I have so many possible combinations so dinner is always enjoyable.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Your food plan looks GREAT -- you are totally prepared! In fact, you could open up a gourmet low carb restaurant with the bounty in your kitchen. Go Trish! I hope you like the casserole. We just had it again earlier in the week and it really hits the spot.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh please Gail! I am a simply home cook, but YOU churn out some gourmet offerings! If you ever want to move forward with a restaurant in Boston, I have some connections! In return, I would expect to dine for free.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Official weigh in today and I am back in the 80 pound club!! Whoop- whoop!!

I wanted to see 202 lbs and I saw exactly that. My next mini goal is to lose 4 pounds with extended Induction over the next two weeks and clock in at 198 lbs on my next official weigh in (November 15).

This absolutely, positively, WILL be the VERY last time I make it to ONEderland. I am going to move there PERMANENTLY!

SERIOUSLY!!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jokath
Stats: Then 190/144/144...Now 190/156/155
WOE: Low carb/Gluten Free
Start Date: January 2003
WooHoo congrats !!!!!
jokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:02 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations! This is excellent. You are in spitting distance of onderland.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:45 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/190/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
You are there! So proud of you!
JMacB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Doing Great ! So excited for you !!
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you to all of my ladies for the ongoing support! I am really psyched to be plugging along and reaching my goals. Now that I am in the 80 pound club, I have a laser focus on seeing ONEderland next.

As I believe I have shared here before, I log my food plan in a little notebook. Well, I filled up my second notebook and am now on my third. I keep them, and spent the morning reviewing the past twenty months of nutrition and fitness, as well as my progress tracker. It put in perspective the big changes I have made to my life. It is easy to focus on the next few pounds, the bounces on the scales, the overindulgences... But when you step back and look at the whole thing, WOW! One day at a time really adds up. I have three full notebooks to prove it!

So I set up my fresh, blank notebook to serve me through the next few months (this appeals to my nerdy, OCD side). I transferred my progress tracker on the back page and entered my goals for the upcoming months. I always record my lowest official weight from each month. Here is what that looks like:

Jan 2012 = 282
Feb 2012 = 269 (10 pound club)
Mar 2012 = 258 (20 pound club)
Apr 2012 = 244 (30 pound club)
May 2012 = 239 (40 pound club)
June 2012 = 232 (50 pound club)
July 2012 = 232
Aug 2012 = 230
Sept 2012 = 225
Oct 2012 = 221 (60 pound club)
Nov 2012 = 216
Dec 2012 = 212 (70 pound club)
Jan 2013 = 212
Feb 2013 = 207 (one year LC anniversary)
Mar 2013 = 203.5
Apr 2013 = 197 (80 pound club)
May 2013 = 196
Jun 2013 = 194
Jul 2013 = 198.5
Aug 2013 = 197.5
Sep 2013 = 202
Oct 2013 = 202
Nov 2013 = goal 196
Dec 2013 = goal 192 (90 pound club)
Jan 2014 = goal 186
Feb 2014 = goal 182 (100 pound club and 2 year LC anniversary)

Clearly, things moved faster in the beginning of my new way of eating. As it became more of a lifestyle it slowed down. I am OK with that. I worked on a LOT of other issues during this time that will only serve me well in the years to come. I learned so much about myself and my body (physically, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually). For my weight to stay off, these steps cannot be skipped over.

As you can see in my projections at the bottom of the list, I would like to lose 5 pounds per month over the next four month to get to my goal of losing 100 pounds by my two year LC anniversary. Totally doable!! I am so, so pumped.

With these goals in mind, here is my food plan for this week:

B- bacon and coffee (1 carb)
S- coffee (1 carb)
L- egg salad (1 carb)
S- coffee & protein is needed (1 carb)
D- protein, vegetable, cheese, condiment (<14 carbs)
S- diet soda with ricotta or pork rinds (<2 carbs)

Water- 60 ounces per day
Exercise- 30-45 minute walk per day
Carb range- <20 carbs per day

Heading into what I hope is a clean, healthy, productive week. Eye on the prize!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #371
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow Trish..... you have done so amazing and I KNOW you will be able to meet your goals !!!

Have a great Sunday !
Old 11-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

I agree with Laura! The scale keeps going down! You are on a great trajectory and you should be really proud of yourself. Your friends on this board are proud of you!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Your goal is totally doable. What a great 2 year anniversary that'll be!!!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
You can do this. We are all so proud of what you have accomplished! Good job on looking back at the notebooks. It gives a clear view of how much progress you have made!
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:55 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

You are amazing, and such an inspiration! Hang in there!
Old 11-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made bad choices this week and in seven days gained 14 pounds (216 lbs this morning). How is this even freaking physically possible?! Yeah, yeah, I know... Mostly water, weight will come back down, dust off, keep going. That's what I'm going to do, but I am seriously wondering if it is time for a change in strategy to get me the rest of the way.

I know Atkins works, but I am failing to work it properly. Most of my weight came off just eating OWL level carbs, but now it seems only Induction will do it and I don't seem to be able to maintain Induction levels longer than a month. As soon as TOM hits I am ravenous and careless and a month's worth of weight loss is back within five days.

I will freak out about this later, for now I need to get my crap together. Here is my plan to get back into ketosis this week and see if I can't sort this out better with a cleaner mind and body. This week's food plan:

B- Bacon and coffee (1)
S- Coffee or two (2)
L- Cheeseburger and mayo (1)
S- Coffee (1)
D- Protein, vegetable, cheese, condiment (0-13)
S- Diet soda with ricotta or pork rinds (0-2)

60 ounces of water
30-45 minutes of walking
Less than 20 carbs per day

If I can stick to more of a protein fast by skipping veggies and cheeses, I will, but I don't want to set myself up to feel I am spinning on a binge/restrict cycle, so I have allotted the full 20 carbs per day in my meal plan.

I am speechless... just sick and tired of hearing myself think and talk about all of this. Very, very disappointed.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Nothing but sympathetic nods from me to you. We know this works. We know it! But getting our heads ready for it, that's the battle. You can do it, I can do it, we can do it!

Sending strength your way!
Old 11-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacB View Post
Nothing but sympathetic nods from me to you. We know this works. We know it! But getting our heads ready for it, that's the battle. You can do it, I can do it, we can do it!

Sending strength your way!
Thank you! I do know I am not alone and that is sometimes the ONLY things that keeps me going.

I know we WILL do this.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

I am sending good vibes your way too, Trish. You have come so far in your weight loss journey to turn back now.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gail, I know. I will NOT turn back... Ever!

Here is a cut and paste from a post in my support group.

Quote:
Today I am on plan (Induction). Water, food, exercise, all good. I am seriously considering JUDDD or IF because I think the all or nothing mentality that comes with the territory of staying in ketosis at Induction levels is what has been getting me hung up over the last few months. Losing the first fifty or sixty pounds, I was able to eat moderate carbs and lose slow and steady. At that point, my healthy LC lifestyle settled into weight maintenance and that's when I realized I'd need to drop down to Induction levels to continue losing. It's been a struggle since then (last six months or so).

I really enjoy healthy foods like yogurt, legumes, flax meal, nuts, 90% Lindt chocolate, and fruit. I also enjoy a glass of red wine on a rare occasion. While doing Induction, these foods are 'not allowed' and that makes me feel like I am on a 'diet' instead of living a 'lifestyle'.

Perhaps with JUDDD, I can enjoy some of these foods on UP days and still lose weight. More importantly, knowing I CAN have these items may make them lose their appeal. I tend to rebel when I convince myself I CAN'T have something. As long as I feel I have a CHOICE, I do the right thing (most of the time).

I want the fact that I make healthy choices MOST of the time to be reflected in my health and weight, yet when trying to follow Induction you can make great choices for 28 days and less that stellar choices for 2 days and this will keep your wheels spinning.
I think I am onto something. Since dropping to Induction, I have been spinning my wheels. Yet, the way I ate to drop those first 60 pounds keeps me maintaining at about 210... a size 18.

Don't get me wrong, after being 282 pounds and squeezing into a size 26, a size 18 and weight of 210 pounds is a VAST improvement! But I want to be even healthier than that, I really want to get to 182 pounds and a size 12/14. Geeze, even that is considered severely overweight!

More thinking to do, but I realize I can not and WILL NOT diet. My lifelong success depends of being satisfied with my way of life.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Hi Trish.

Have you ever read the book Intuitive Eating, by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch?
If not, I highly recommended it!

I try my best to incorporate it along with (mostly) LC eating.
Nothing is "off-limits."
It's about eating what you want, when you want it & stopping when satisfied.

To me, it makes perfect sense & sounds easy, but isn't (for me, anyway).
I'm a work in progress!

I, too, cannot & will not diet.

Last edited by momov2boys; 11-12-2013 at 09:16 AM..
momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momov2boys View Post
Hi Trish.

Have you ever read the book Intuitive Eating, by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch?
If not, I highly recommended it!

I try my best to incorporate it along with (mostly) LC eating.
Nothing is "off-limits."
It's about eating what you want, when you want it & stopping when satisfied.

To me, it makes perfect sense & sounds easy, but isn't (for me, anyway).
I'm a work in progress!

I, too, cannot & will not diet.

I have not read that book, but will pick up a copy. I think being a work in progress is the best way to live life!

I am already down 8 pounds of bloat to 208 from 216 on Sunday. Taking it one day at a time. Hoping to still see my goal of 199 in November. Might be doable.

I had a hard time passing up some dried apricots today. They literally made my mouth water and I felt like one of Pavlov's dogs.

I have been waiting to eat lunch after work in an effort to maybe start moving towards IF... I was thinking of an eating window of 3:30 PM to 9:00 PM. As long as I drink coffee with HWC, I seem OK. We'll see.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

After day 3 I am down to 205.5 (10.5 pounds gone in three days!). Phew! I think I am definitely on track to get back down to ONEderland in November.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations on the weight loss. I do IF and love it.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:18 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Great job!
Old 11-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Congratulations on the weight loss. I do IF and love it.
Gail, have you noticed your weight loss moving any faster or do you love it soley because of how it makes you feel? I am going to shorten my window this week and I am wondering if it might make a difference in the scale, but to be honest, I am more looking forward to not thinking about food until I get home from work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacB View Post
Great job!
Thank you, thank you very much comrade!!

Down to 204.5. Almost back to sig weight.

This is my last work week before Thanksgiving break. I am going to take advantage of being busy and fast all day until I get home from work. Here is the plan:

6:00 AM - Coffee with HWC (1 carb)
9:00 AM - Coffee with HWC (1 carb)
1:00 PM - Coffee with HWC (1 carb)
4:00 PM - Cheeseburger with mayo & coffee with HWC (<3 carbs)
8:00 PM - Protein, veggie, cheese, condiment (<12 carbs)
8:30 PM - Diet ginger ale and ricotta or pork rinds (<2) only if needed

Carb range - <20 daily
Exercise - 30 to 50 minute walk daily
Water - 60 ounces daily

After two years of mourning the loss of our one and only fur kid, DH and I went to the local SPCA and adopted a pair of sibling adult cats this weekend. We are all settling into our new family dynamic nicely. I still miss my beloved Cole and will never ever be replacing him in my heart, but it is nice to share my home with fur babies again.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #387
Blabbermouth!!!

plan sounds good . So glad DH agreed to "adopt" ! I know you wanted to so badly .....
Old 11-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations on your new family members! We adopted ours 9 years ago - Cheeto and Frito - and they are currently trying to climb in my lap to "help" me with whatever I am doing.

And congratulations on how it's going - really proud of your perseverance. You are a rock star!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Yay -- you adopted two kitties! I love cats so much and those Kitties are lucky to come to live with you and your DH. I like how IF makes me feel. I have high energy all day but I do start to drag a bit when the clock strikes 4:30 or 5:00 PM. So I am glad you are eating at 4:00. It takes a while to get used to it.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

What is IF???