Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthedish View Post
Today I am in caretaker mode, making responsible choices for the health of my body instead of catering to the immature demands of the compulsion that lives in my head.

Good for you, Trish!!!

I am also in caretaker mode today and moving forward.

Thank you for sharing and motivating, helping...

Today will be awesome!
momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jokath
Stats: Then 190/144/144...Now 190/156/155
WOE: Low carb/Gluten Free
Start Date: January 2003
Quote:
Sometimes it is helpful for me to remember my body is simply a vessel that is on loan to me for a short time. How long it lasts and how well it runs is dependent on how well I care and maintain it.
I absolutely love this...what great reasoning for why would should be concerned with a healthy body. You've given me a new we to look at this...thanks!!!

Glad you're back in control again. I know what a relief that is to feel like your doing the right thing...

Keep up the good work girl..
jokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/18/14
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 28, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by momov2boys View Post
Good for you, Trish!!!

I am also in caretaker mode today and moving forward.

Thank you for sharing and motivating, helping...

Today will be awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokath View Post
I absolutely love this...what great reasoning for why would should be concerned with a healthy body. You've given me a new we to look at this...thanks!!!

Glad you're back in control again. I know what a relief that is to feel like your doing the right thing...

Keep up the good work girl..
Thank you ladies! Yesterday was indeed awesome and today is so far, so good. I had initially planned on NO snacking after dinner last night, but found myself struggling a little. I kept it Induction friendly though and had a 1/4 c of ricotta with sf DaVinci syrup. Here was the whole day:

B- 4 slices of bacon with coffee (1 carb)
S- coffee (1 carb)
L- egg salad with 1 cup lettuce (3 carbs)
S- Coffee, chicken and butter (1 carb)
D- Steak, lettuce, onion, feta, ranch (6 carbs)
S- Diet can, 1/4 cup ricotta with sf egg nog syrup (2 carbs)

14 carbs total
60 ounces of water
30 minute walk

I simply decided today that I am ready to finish what I started. I said I'd lose 100 pounds and I am ready to check it off my list. 182, here I come.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I simply decided today that I am ready to finish what I started. I said I'd lose 100 pounds and I am ready to check it off my list. 182, here I come.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Trish, you are in a really good place! So happy for you!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 3 of Induction and I'm feeling more and more like myself. As I drove past McDonald's this morning, I remembered a few times I hit the drive thru last week for a high carb 'fix'. I instantly felt grateful that I did not feel the compulsion to do it today. I even said out loud, 'It is just not worth it.'

The anxiety, regret, guilt, and physical discomfort are just not worth the fleeting moment of... Of what? I am struggling to find what it is I am feeling when I am binging on food. I was going to say the fleeting moment of enjoying the flavor, but that isn't true since I enjoy LC food flavors. Plus, I don't 'taste' when I binge because I am too busy feverishly devouring. So what exactly am I getting out of the unhealthy food choices?

The closest I can come up with right now is that it sort of makes me feel invisible... Absent... Sort of like I press a pause button on life... Not present. Something to think more about moving forward.

But today I am visible, present, living life. Yesterday I enjoyed a bike ride (huffing and puffing and weak in the knees!), but it was great. I'm going to take a nice walk tonight to enjoy the drier, cooler weather that's on the way (may even get into the 60's overnight!).

Yesterday's food plan was on point:

B- 4 slices thick bacon and coffee (1)
S- Coffee (1)
L- Egg salad, mayo, 1 cup of lettuce (3)
S- Chicken leg with butter and coffee (1)
D- Pork Chop, roasted sprouts, and butter (8)
S- Diet can with 1/4 ricotta and sf egg nog syrup (2)

16 carbs
60 ounces water
30 minute bike ride

All good in the hood.
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:27 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Go Trish! Your meals look fabulous -- perfectly low carb, healthy and filling. You are on a great trajectory and I have a feeling that you will remain in a very good place.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
'It is just not worth it.'

The anxiety, regret, guilt, and physical discomfort are just not worth the fleeting moment of...

SO. VERY. TRUE!

But today I am visible, present, living life.

All good in the hood.
KUTGW!

Old 10-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 4 and I passed up gooey pumpkin cake and pumpkin egg nog at mom's. I thought about it for a minute, but remembered how great I will feel when I hit the 100 pound lost mark. Instead, I enjoyed a coffee.

My energy and lack of hunger indicate ketosis is approaching.

Today was a bit stressful. A very dear friend (pseudo father-in-law), had open heart surgery today (quadruple bypass). He is in recovery as we speak, but in England and I can't visit. To add to my distress, my BFF told me she is getting an MRI for a tumor on her pituitary gland. I don't like the sounds of that. Then mom was diagnosed with age related macular degeneration as the cause of her worsening vision. Yikes.

All reminders that I need to try and keep this body healthy with nutrition, exercise, no smoking, and very little drinking.

So a bit stressed, but NOT BINGING.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Trish you definitely have a full plate right now. Congrats on staying strong.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:32 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Trish I am sorry to hear about the health issues your loved ones are having. I am sure that must make you stressed and sad as I know how much you care for them. They are lucky to have you. Glad to hear that you are staying on plan despite the temptations --- I love anything pumpkin too.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jokath- Thanks for the support. Stress is always present in one form or another for all of us... It is NEVER an excuse to stop caring for ourselves.

Gail- I may have to breakout the pumpkin bake recipe as soon as my two week re-induction is done. It is the thing I am missing most, but the sf egg nog syrup in ricotta or coffee with a bit of cinnamon is close enough to stave off a pumpkin fix.

Today makes day 5 of Induction. I've been under 20 grams of carbs each day, exercised each day, chugged water each day, and feel great. The cravings are definitely dormant with the aid of ketosis. I even managed to ignore a box of donuts during a meeting this morning. A week ago I would have polished off at least two.

I'm glad I didn't go off the rails long enough for that way of eating to feel 'normal'. Healthy eating is my 'normal' and the binging is the anomaly. When I remember that it used to be the other way around, I realize how far I've really come. I decided to make peace with the fact that I haven't lost much weight in past months and focus on how great it is I have not abandoned my WOE completely and packed the pounds back on. If maintaining (or bouncing) is the worst I do, I am much better off than years past.

Having said that, I am all about keeping my carbs good and low to stay in ketosis for a while, straighten my head out, realign my body to homeostasis, and maybe even drop a few more pounds.

I know I am preaching to the choir, but sometimes it still amazes me how unbelievable different I feel when I don't have sugar and junk in my body. Seriously like day and night. Sugar is POISEN in my body and I suffer physically and mentally when it is consumed. No wonder so many people have constant physical pain and depression & anxiety. I wish the SAD would shift to lower carbs and sugar. So many people could be living such better lives with diminished suffering.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Quote:
Jokath- Thanks for the support. Stress is always present in one form or another for all of us... It is NEVER an excuse to stop caring for ourselves.

Gail- I may have to breakout the pumpkin bake recipe as soon as my two week re-induction is done. It is the thing I am missing most, but the sf egg nog syrup in ricotta or coffee with a bit of cinnamon is close enough to stave off a pumpkin fix.

Today makes day 5 of Induction. I've been under 20 grams of carbs each day, exercised each day, chugged water each day, and feel great. The cravings are definitely dormant with the aid of ketosis. I even managed to ignore a box of donuts during a meeting this morning. A week ago I would have polished off at least two.

I'm glad I didn't go off the rails long enough for that way of eating to feel 'normal'. Healthy eating is my 'normal' and the binging is the anomaly. When I remember that it used to be the other way around, I realize how far I've really come. I decided to make peace with the fact that I haven't lost much weight in past months and focus on how great it is I have not abandoned my WOE completely and packed the pounds back on. If maintaining (or bouncing) is the worst I do, I am much better off than years past.

Having said that, I am all about keeping my carbs good and low to stay in ketosis for a while, straighten my head out, realign my body to homeostasis, and maybe even drop a few more pounds.

I know I am preaching to the choir, but sometimes it still amazes me how unbelievable different I feel when I don't have sugar and junk in my body. Seriously like day and night. Sugar is POISEN in my body and I suffer physically and mentally when it is consumed. No wonder so many people have constant physical pain and depression & anxiety. I wish the SAD would shift to lower carbs and sugar. So many people could be living such better lives with diminished suffering.

I totally agree. Sugar can send me off the rails into a binge. So I have to really watch it. I feel so much better without that "poison". Thanks for reminding us.

You are doing great. You have come a long way and I applaud you for realizing it. You didn't cave and just say what the heck, you reined it in and are back on track. I call that SUCCESS!! KUTGW
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

I totally agree with Dianne. Sugar is poison but you are doing GREAT on your plan. I hope you get to enjoy the beautiful Florida gulf coast on this lovely long weekend.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Dianne! Sugar, sugar, sugar. I am contemplating whether this is a substance I need to abstain from for life (for sobriety) or if it something that has it's place on occasion. Since I'm just regaining my footing, I don't want to go into restrict/binge mode by eliminating a food for life... But it warrants further thought.

Gail, the weather is FINALLY breaking. I have been soaking it up every day this week!

So many positive things to acknowledge. I have been finding balance with the spiritual/physical connection by taking evening walks and bike rides through the neighborhood. I take in all of the nature around me and have quiet time to reflect on things. It does so much for me and I am go grateful to be back in this habit. Moving forward, even when I want to increase my fitness with other exercise routines, I think it is important to simply add on to my evening nature walks/rides and not try to replace them with something more intense. I need this time with myself and nature for more reasons than weight loss and body fitness. I don't want to let it go... It is a vital component to me living my best life.

I am going to incorporate a bit of strength & weight training to my life for all of the health benefits and physical improvements it will bring. I have designed a very user friendly routine to start with next week to do IN ADDITION to my current walk/bike time. I am starting very slow and steady. The first few weeks will be focusing only on form and building the habit. There is plenty of time down the line to tweak for ultimate efficiency. As I lose the remainder of my weight, I really want to do what I can to help my arms and legs firm up. I am realistic about having some sagging after losing 100 pounds, but I am willing to do my part to make the best of what I have. Here is my starting plan:

UPPER BODY (MWF)

1. Push ups
2. Triceps dips
3. Overhead triceps extensions
4. Arnold press
5. Arm circles
6. Biceps curl

LOWER BODY (TR)

1. Squats
2. Lunges
3. V leg lifts
4. Roundhouse kicks
5. Calf raise
6. Wall Sit

I am only going to start with two sets of ten for each exercise. Again, form and habit are the goals right now. I am hoping this effort translates to some body shaping and increased fat burning as I approach the 100 pound club.

I've also decided that my intention is to hit that 100 pound club by my two year anniversary, which is February 26th. That gives me plenty of time to reach that goal at a healthy pace and gives me over four months of strength and weight training to make 182 pounds look good on me.

I'm excited about reaching my goal.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Got my food plan ready for the week. Will be prep cooking in a few minutes after I finish my coffee and a bit of posting. Here is what I settled on:

B- Bacon and coffee (1)
S- Coffee (1)
L- Grilled chicken & ranch coleslaw (3)
S- Coffee (1)
D- Protein, vegetable, cheese, condiment (<12)
S- Ricotta or Pork Rinds (<2)

Carb Range = <20
Water = 60 ounces
Activity = Walk/bike ride and strength training 5 times this week
Old 10-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Your meal plan and exercise look GREAT! Strength training is awesome and always makes a really big difference too!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Meal plan is going awesome. Water is on point. Daily walk is getting done. Ketosis is in full effect. Clothes are getting looser. Staying off the scale and focusing on the REAL goal of staying on track.

Totally flaking out on the plan to start strength/weight training. I think I've rationalized it well though. I want to see a great whoosh of weight loss when I step on the scales at the end of the month. I don't want to be retaining water from muscle building (even though I know it would be water, I don't want to deal with it mentally). Second, I am just getting back into my walking groove and LOVING every minute of it. Why start adding on? A thirty to forty-five minute walk a day is nothing to sneeze at... Why pile it on at this point?

After hearing my own argument, I agree I should wait until November before considering adding strength/weight training. Even then, not 100% sure. Part of me would love to walk my way to the 100 pound club and then decide what type of regiment I will need to shape it up and move on beyond that goal.

Ahhh, the joys of being a Gemini! Give me a minute and I can change my mind about anything.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Trish you sound terrific!! I'm so glad you are on track. You just know when your body is in that happy place.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Trish, it is GREAT to be a Gemini -- you can see the pros and cons of every issue, much like your fellow Air sign, Libra. I think you should start weight training whenever you are ready to do so. Don't try to do too much at once. Lets get your eating plan going in the direction that you want it to go in -- and a sustainable one that feels okay to you. Given that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise, your priority should be the eating. And then the exercise will follow. You are already walking regularly so you regime is really in place so to speak. Just add the strength training when it feels right to you.

I should mention that in the past -- and when I was not overweight -- I lost 30 pounds in three months just low carbing and walking. Yup -- ten pounds per month doing the lwo carb meal plan and walking one hour each day.

So you are doing GREAT in my book
Old 10-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jokath- Yes... It feels powerful to be 'dialed in'.

Gail- The Gemini thing is a blessing and a curse! Add my neurosis to it and I am a hot mess... When I am not uber functional.

Speaking of uber functional, I am in a goooooood place. Today makes day 11 of super clean Induction eating, daily exercise, and plenty of water. I feel like my body and mind have been cleansed and now I am motivated to keep it that way. Mentally, I am at goal. It is a done deal. I'm just waiting for my body to do it's thing.

I have been dreaming about binging on sugary carbs. I wake up with an initial feeling of despair and disappointment until I realize it was just a dream (nightmare). I know this only reaffirms that I am addicted as DH had similar dreams when he quit smoking. These dreams don't tempt me in waking life... Quite the opposite since the strong negative emotions I feel upon waking would be a reality if I actually did the deed.

Grateful to be in this place today.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Speaking of uber functional, I am in a goooooood place. Today makes day 11 of super clean Induction eating, daily exercise, and plenty of water.
I feel like my body and mind have been cleansed and now I am motivated to keep it that way. Mentally, I am at goal. It is a done deal. I'm just waiting for my body to do it's thing.

Grateful to be in this place today.

Awesome!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:40 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! This is really good news. You are in an excellent place! Hope you have a lovely weekend as the weather starts to get a little cooler in lovely Gulf Coast Florida!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:37 AM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gail, we are having record breaking high temps and humidity for this time of year. Looks like another possible cool front next weekend, so I will be looking forward to that!

Haven't let it stop me walking though. I just leave it till later... In fact last night DH joined me and by the time we were heading back home it had turned into a moonlight walk.

After a lazy morning coffee, I plan on getting my lunches cooked. I am 'breading' some chicken tenders and zucchini slices with grated parmesan cheese and frying them up. I found some flavored parm at the grocery store yesterday: a garlic flavored one and a basil & oregano one. I'm going to mix the two. These should be yummy at work either cold or heated up. Yum!

Here is the plan for the week:

B- Thick cut bacon and coffee (1 carb)
S- Coffee (1 carb)
L- Parmesan fried chicken and zucchini (3 carbs)
S- Coffee and protein if needed (1 carb)
D- Protein, veg, cheese, condiment (<12 carbs)
S- Ricotta with sf syrup or pork rinds (<2 carbs)

Carb Range- <20 per day
Water- 60 oz. per day
Activity- 30 minutes per day

I ordered a new flavor of DaVinci syrup from Netrition. I have been using the Egg Nog in my ricotta with a dash of clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon. OMG awesome! I decided to order some almond too. I absolutely love almond flavored anything, so thought it might be a winner. I find a 1/4 cup of ricotta with a flavored syrup really hits the spot at the end of the night and keeps me wanting any other snacks.

I have been treating myself to non-food treats too. I got a mani/pedi tool kit, some new nail polish, some heel balm, etc. I am also giving myself a mud mask today and ordering a new messenger bag to replace my 'everyday purse'. I think it is important to take care of ourselves in these ways. I not only neglected my health at higher weights, but also neglected all things related to my appearance. Now I enjoy taking care of myself and my body in every way.

Looks like I have everything in order for another healthy week. Happy days.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

You're off to a great week Trish!!! The Parmesan cheese sounds great, I've not seen the flavored. I will definitely look for that as I love 'breaded zucchini'. I find it's easier to do nice things for myself since I've lost weight also. I guess I didn't feel like I 'deserved' it before. Have a great week!!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Go Trish! I love that you got a new bag, mani/pedi kit and facial mask! That is fabulous and you deserve to be pampered with nice things! That will make you look and feel ever better.

The flavored parmesan cheese sounds heavenly -- I would love to buy that. Your menus look terrific and you continue to keep getting better and better.

So sorry to hear about your hot/humid weather but know that it will be better. I love Florida in the November, December, January, February, March months -- the weather is just gorgeous, perfect and balmy -- so you have lots to look forward to! In the meantime, it will be freezing cold here with loads of snow!

Love that you and your husband had a moonlight stroll --- so sweet!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ladies, the parmesan is 'Mama Francesca' brand. I found it at my local Walmart Neighborhood Market.

I also posted this in my challenge group, but wanted it he too.

Quote:
I caved and weighed myself.

I adjusted my stats to reflect today's weight of 206. I will never know what I weighed before I got back on the wagon after a three week binge, but I would guess it was close to 220... So 206 is good with me.

My goal for October is to weigh at (or below) September's lowest weight of 202.5, so I feel encouraged that I will meet that by the last day of the month by continuing with Induction.

I am staying off the scale till then!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #358
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
You can do it ! You are so close ! yay !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura, I think I can do it too!
Old 10-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

During tonight's walk, I threw in running a couple of blocks. Felt good!

Eating has been clean. Water is on point. I'm a bag of nerves about a meeting tomorrow, but will NOT eat to soothe! After a nice dinner and a healthy snack, I am going straight to bed! The meeting is at high noon (insert cowboy music and envision a tumbleweed). Once it is over, I will feel TREMENDOUS relief!

Until then, I muddle through the anxiety.