Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #271
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
wow Trish that's not much food...... I know you were miserable in that heat. I'm sorry . Hope they get it working today and you get to work tomorrow !

WTG on the weightloss !!
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jokath
Stats: Then 190/144/144...Now 190/156/155
WOE: Low carb/Gluten Free
Start Date: January 2003
I love how you approach this weight loss, you make it as simple as possible and it works. I'm trying to adopt that approach, just keep it simple and I will see results. Congrats on the loss and I really hope your AC is up and running soon!
jokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/20-22/12
WOE: LC
Start Date: One day at a time
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
wow Trish that's not much food...... I know you were miserable in that heat. I'm sorry . Hope they get it working today and you get to work tomorrow !

WTG on the weightloss !!
Laura, I could barely get any food down in that heat. Maybe that will be the new fad diet trend, turn up the thermostat! All is better now and the AC is keeping me cool and comfortable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokath View Post
I love how you approach this weight loss, you make it as simple as possible and it works. I'm trying to adopt that approach, just keep it simple and I will see results. Congrats on the loss and I really hope your AC is up and running soon!
Keeping it simple is not always as simple as it sounds for a neurotic person like me. You just happen to be catching me at the right time. In all seriousness, I think as you go along with this way of eating and customize it to suit your life (which is the key for long term success IMO), it naturally starts to get a little complicated. For me, when that 'complication' equates to a stall or slower weight loss it is best to return to baseline (which for me is Induction) and build back up. This cycle may occur for months or years depending on how much weight someone needs to lose. Since I have so much, it is definitely YEARS in my case.
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down another two pounds to 195.5. Happy dance!

I am so deep in ketosis right now that I have zero appetite and boundless energy. I think even more than my weight loss goals, I am motivated to stay in ketosis for the effect it has on my mood and productivity. It is easy to turn down temptations because I don't want to lose this feeling. I plan to stay in ketosis as long as I can, especially during the next couple of weeks at work which will include double shifts, hectic situations, and endless staff issues.

My anxiety has been lower too. I need to remember this when the anxiety gets bad... Ketosis is an all natural anti anxiety treatment for me. I swear it is working better than Xanax, Zoloft, 5-HTP, or anything else that I've tried. Why do I keep forgetting this?
Old 08-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I posted this list in my monthly challenge thread but wanted to put it here for my own records.

OK, here is the final tally on my thrift shopping finds yesterday.

Dresses
Black &white houndstooth pattern wrap dress
Blue jersey wrap dress
Black sleeveless jersey dress

Bottoms
Black trousers
Grey trousers
Navy trousers
Brown trousers
Khaki trousers
Dark denim jeans
Levi goal jeans (too tight now)
Denim pencil skirt
Black trumpet skirt
Black a- line skirt
White pencil skirt
Blue pattern skirt

Tops
Brown v-neck tunic
Black square neck tunic
Black v neck tunic with fringe (evening wear a.k.a 'girls night out)
Black wrap with button details on side and sleeves
Black drape neck tunic
Celery green wrap tunic
Camel vowel neck knit tank
Fuchsia scoop neck lightweight knit tunic
Plum short sleeved lightweight sweater dress (I would wear with trousers cuz' it's short)
Blue long tank with empire waist
Turquoise tank
Black short sleeved crotched cardi/shrug
Cream short sleeved crotched cardi/shrug
Turquoise short sleeved crotched cardi shrug
Camel knit shrug
Brown cotton cardi

Shoes
Red peep toe kitten heel
Navy kitten heel pump
Black strappy wedge
Brown flats

Total is (drumroll please)...

$136.04!? This works out to less than $4 per piece!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #276
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Oh my gosh !! All at one store ?? That's amazing.........

I went to Kohl's and used my % off and $10 off coupon and thought I did good. No comparison !

195 ~~ impressive ! Go girl
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

I love thrift store shopping! It's amazing what people get rid of!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Trish, you just got a full gorgeous wardrobe for a very low cost. Good for you! I need to try thrifting. I was amazed at what you found!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well crap. I've been binging on and off (mostly on) for the past two weeks. A real bender. I know I have gained a decent amount based on the mirror and my clothes, but I am too afraid to get on the scale. I would guess I'm at around 215. I know a large portion of that will be water that comes off quickly and it is only that fact that is keeping me from completely melting down.

I am going to stop now. I prepped my healthy Induction foods for the week:

B- boiled eggs with mayo bacon, coffee
S- boiled eggs with mayo and coffee
L- grilled steak with garlic spinach and diet can
S- coffee
D- protein with veggie, cheese, and ranch
S- diet can

Carb range = <20
Water = 60 ounces

Time to steady the ship. My goal for September is to get just under my August low of 197.5. I don't know when I will check the scale again... I need to give it some time and just focus on my eating behaviors and not the result.

As an FYI for future reference, the binging started when a man told me I looked "Really hot... Quite the fox." It brought up a lot of mixed emotions about a lot of things, but I believe I always get uncomfortable around this weight because I start getting that kind of attention. I was sexually abused when I was seven and started gaining weight then. I know the layers of fat are in some part a layer of 'protection' from that kind of attention.

My intellect knows I am no longer seven and don't need to be an unhealthy weight to protect myself from sexual attention, so I am in no way using this as an excuse for my behavior over the last two weeks. I am simply mentioning it as noteworthy.

A bump in the road... but the journey continues.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck to you Trish.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:07 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/190/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
Sending strong, supporting thoughts your way. So much of this journey is about more than food. Any time you need a listening ear you know you can find them here.
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:08 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

I am sending good vibes your way too, Trish. You can do this. And at least you know what emotions and issues from the past will trigger a binge. That kind of knowledge is really powerful because now you have the self-awareness to manage and heal it.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Good for you, Trish, with your positive attitude.
We'll keep walking forward, right along with you!

momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you all for the encouragement!!

I am hanging tough in reInduction. Feeling a little headachy and run down today but it is to be expected. My desire to detox is greater than my desire to binge… so far, so good.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:18 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Hang in there, Trish! If the "Induction Flu" gets too bad, take a Potassium supplement or have some chicken broth. You will feel better in no time!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Trish, just think of it as a little side trip on the journey and you will soon be back on track. I know you can do it as you have proved it. Sometimes the binge monster is just too hard to fight but you have been a valiant fighter. So don't feel down. You will soon have this under total control. You have what it takes to pull back on the reins and get back to what works. I so admire all that you share. You put it all out there and so many of us don't share the struggles which all of us have to go through. You are a winner in my book!

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

I completely agree with Dianne! What a great post!
Old 09-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Trish, just think of it as a little side trip on the journey and you will soon be back on track. I know you can do it as you have proved it. Sometimes the binge monster is just too hard to fight but you have been a valiant fighter. So don't feel down. You will soon have this under total control. You have what it takes to pull back on the reins and get back to what works. I so admire all that you share. You put it all out there and so many of us don't share the struggles which all of us have to go through. You are a winner in my book!
Thank you so much. I really needed to hear that.

And thank you to everyone that brings positivity into my journal. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

I am indeed back on track. It was a tough week for many reasons, but my eating was Induction, I've been peeing like crazy, some of the bloat is already gone (even though I have TOM), my mind feels clearer, and my appetite and binging urges are stifled. If my body is my temple, then to quote the movie Poltergeist, "This house is clean."

What started as Induction flu turned out to be an actual cold/flu, so I'm dealing with that by drinking unlimited fluids and eating plenty of protein, fats, and veggies.

Over the past three months, I've been pushing through double shifts and up to 70 hours a week. To make it harder, we've still been struggling with the AC in our home on the fritz. The last two weeks, no AC at all and it was over 90 degrees in the house. I finally broke down yesterday and went to Lowe's for a window unit to hold us over. OMG, sweet relief!!!! I feel human again! Add to that, my double shifts should be over and I will be working a measly 40-45 hours this week. I'll feel semi-retired!!

Anyway, things are back on the upswing. I am thinking about my food plan for the week, meal planning, getting my shopping list ready, and just resting. Taking care of me in positive and healthy ways.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just finished my meal planning and prep cooking. I made some yummy Cajun shrimp and gorgonzola quiche muffins to bring to work for lunches. Here is my overall plan for the week:

B- Coffee and bacon
S- Coffee (pickle or cheese stick if needed)
L- Quiche muffin & diet ginger ale can
S- Coffee (egg salad or chicken leg if needed)
D- Protein, veggie, condiment, cheese, and diet ginger ale can
S- Pork rinds

60 ounces of water
Exercise 4 times (walk, bike, swim)

I did peek at the scale earlier this week. I felt so HUGE and bloated and some of my newer clothes felt tight. It was 216. Today it was 205. I knew a lot was water and TOM bloat so I am happy to see (and feel) that things are improving already. I recorded 205 as today's OWI and am going to start plugging along again from here.

It has occurred to me that I have had to get back into ONEderland several times now. I think being below 200 has some psychological significance for me and that's why I tend to struggle around these weights. I think being a size 18 is a bit of a comfort zone to me. Small enough to feel like I can look good in my clothes and wear what I want, but still big enough to feel 'safe'. I will say that 215 lbs felt very physically and emotionally uncomfortable. That is the boundary where I pass the threshold of being in my comfort zone. I felt shlep-y and unhealthy. On the flip side, I notice 195 is the weight I start to get uncomfortable emotionally. I think it is important for me to gently move towards getting below 195.

I know the rest of the weight I recently put on may take a few weeks to lose and I am accepting of that. I finally feel back in control and back to a physically comfortable place, so my plan is to keep plugging away (gently) one day at a time.

The binging scared me. Even if I never lose another pound, I want to work really hard on NOT binging.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Trish, you are doing really, really well -- physically, emotionally, spiritually - everything. You did some great soul searching on why it was hard for you to get below a certain weight and that is tough work. You are a natural beauty and I think when you start to get thinner even MORE people pay attention and that can be overwhelming. Just know that you are in a safe place and continue to be. When you lose weight, you won't be in danger. In fact, you will be in less danger because your health will be better!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Trish, it sounds like a great plan for the week. Not being in your situation it's hard for me to give you sound advice, you need to know though that you have an abundance of emotional support right here. We are all cheering for your success. Have a great week!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Trish, you are doing really, really well -- physically, emotionally, spiritually - everything. You did some great soul searching on why it was hard for you to get below a certain weight and that is tough work. You are a natural beauty and I think when you start to get thinner even MORE people pay attention and that can be overwhelming. Just know that you are in a safe place and continue to be. When you lose weight, you won't be in danger. In fact, you will be in less danger because your health will be better!
Although I know what you said bolded is true, I struggle with my brain releasing 'fight or flight' chemicals as an inappropriate reaction. On the positive side, each time I am tackling an incident is another chance to practice using mind over matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokath View Post
Trish, it sounds like a great plan for the week. Not being in your situation it's hard for me to give you sound advice, you need to know though that you have an abundance of emotional support right here. We are all cheering for your success. Have a great week!!!
I know and I appreciate it! Thank you!

Still hanging tough. Staying off the scales, eating on plan (no binging), and feeling more and more like myself in my clothes and in the mirror. I haven't been measuring my food or counting my carbs, just sticking to my Induction food plan and eating my allotted meals to satisfaction. I need to tread lightly not to find myself going too restricted only to tailspin into a binge.

Today's motto = Tiptoe through the tulips!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthedish View Post

Still hanging tough. Staying off the scales, eating on plan (no binging), and feeling more and more like myself in my clothes and in the mirror. I haven't been measuring my food or counting my carbs, just sticking to my Induction food plan and eating my allotted meals to satisfaction. I need to tread lightly not to find myself going too restricted only to tailspin into a binge.

Today's motto = Tiptoe through the tulips!

Love your motto! Now I will probably be singing that Tiny Tim song the rest of the evening!

I think you are doing great. I love how you analyze and figure out what is going on. I need to do some more of that.

I second that we are all here for you.
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Love your motto! Now I will probably be singing that Tiny Tim song the rest of the evening!

I think you are doing great. I love how you analyze and figure out what is going on. I need to do some more of that.

I second that we are all here for you.
Dianne, you are so kind to word my psychotic neurosis as 'analyze and figure out what is going on'. It is the bane of my existence! ... But since you mention it, I have been doing a lot of thinking. LOL! Imagine that!

I have been researching JUDDD, but at this moment in time it is only research. I won't make any knee jerk changes without thoroughly thinking it through. The problem is, I can rationalize just about anything and make a valid argument for it. My Ethics professor used to tell me I had a natural talent for convincing people of anything. She'd always make me take the opposite position of my personal beliefs when debating and I'd always win the debate only to later ask my classmates to please disregard everything I just said.

Anyway, so here is what I'm thinking. I have lost a significant amount of weight following the Atkins approach. Over the last few months, I have been bouncing around within the same ten pound range with no new losses. I believe part of this is because I am in somewhat of a 'lifestyle maintenance' mindset instead of a 'weight loss' mindset. Because of it, I at times choose to eat foods that are not conducive to ketosis. Unfortunately, when trying to stay in ketosis, one indulgence can set you back a week or so physically, but can also set me back mentally in a bit of a start/stop pattern. I believe the 'all or nothing' ketosis approach can play off by binging tendencies.

The last week, I was thinking about the LC pumpkin bake I enjoyed last fall. Since it is pumpkin season, I really want to make it for my breakfasts. Then I found myself thinking, 'No, you really need to stay in ketosis to finally get that scale moving again. Maybe you can have the pumpkin next month.' I also started thinking about a week long conference I have in Orlando at the end of the month. I realize I can make healthy choices while there, but also realize I may be limited to how ketosis friendly all my choices can be. I found myself thinking that between now and the conference I could stay on Induction to drop pounds, then over the conference I will probably gain some back, and then I can spend October getting back down again. At that point I told myself I may not get the pumpkin bake till November. It is this kind of stuff that has me wondering if Atkins no longer suits me as a lifestyle and if I am feeling it constraining like a diet.

This is where the thoughts of JUDDD come in. From what I have been reading (and I am still at the very beginning of my research), JUDDD seems very focused on one day at a time. There are Up days when you eat more/ higher calories, and there are Down days when you eat less/fewer calories. It appears carb levels are not necessarily counted, though YMMV (I believe LC is healthiest for me). What appeals to me about this is that I could choose foods like my pumpkin bake of an up day and not feel like I have 'blown' induction or that I am maintaining instead of losing. It also appeals to the part of me that takes things one day at a time. I also like that my weight loss would not be contingent on stringing together weeks of clean LC days in a row without deviation (if what I read is true).

Obviously, I have also pondered whether of not the up day/down day would be a positive or a negative in regards to my binging tendencies. I have been struggling with off plan eating more in the past few months than I have throughout my weight loss endeavor. I can really see it going either way. On the one hand, knowing I can plan to eat foods I want every other day may keep me on track with this plan. On the other hand, it won't work if Up days turn out to be binge days.

Last but not least, I am thinking, 'Can this JUDDD thing really work? Will the scale actually move down if I am not in ketosis?' I find it hard to believe since I have only ever lost weight eating LC (especially in ketosis). In the past few months, it seems anything other than ketosis keeps me maintaining. Is this the shake-up I need to get things moving again or is this me overanalyzing??

I will continue to read and think. I am intrigued for sure, but I don't want to set myself up for a derailment. This week I have stuck to Induction and the weight is coming off (the regained weight.... AGAIN). I won't lie though, I haven't been very satisfied with my meals. I really would love to add nuts, fruit, yogurt, legumes, flax, PUMPKIN, and my 90% chocolate with natural PB. This list seems so healthy, yet not induction friendly and therefore not helping me continue to lose on Atkins.

I want to keep losing but I also want to feel like I am living in the lifestyle that I will maintain. What a brat, right? I am basically saying I want to eat maintainance levels and continue to lose! Could JUDDD actually provide me that option?

Last edited by trishthedish; 09-13-2013 at 06:32 AM..
Old 09-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am not ready to JUDDD. Not ruling it out as a possiblility down the line, but I am not in the right state of mind to start counting calories. I fear it could trigger some diet and binge cycles.

Instead, I'm now thinking about making a switch from counting TOTAL carbs to counting NET carbs. If I did this, I could start including some of the foods I've been missing that are higher in fiber and still be keeping carbs 'low'.

Today I went grocery shopping and did include a few items to have on hand this week including canned pumpkin, almonds, kidney beans, and LC yogurt that has 3 carbs per serving. I am going to experiment a little this week with these foods but keeping portions very small. Tonight I added a few beans to my grilled chicken, salsa, and sour cream with dinner. The label said there were 19 carbs in a 1/2 cup, so I only used 1/8 of a cup. That worked out to about 5 carbs, with 2 of those being fiber. When I look at it like that, it does not seem like an unhealthy option.

I think I may have adopted a little bit of a 'Clean Induction Only' mentality over the last few months... Distorting my thinking to believe ONLY strict Induction will work. I believe this has made me more susceptible to the binging. Before I went grocery shopping, I asked myself, "What do you want to eat this week? What foods do you want to enjoy?" I wrote down my list without worrying about Induction and when reviewing it, it was pretty darn healthy. As long as I keep an eye on portions, I should be able to have a little bit of these healthy foods.

About ten years ago, I was able to be binge free for over a year and maintained a weight between 204-208 lbs. I was eating a very healthy menu, in very healthy portions, and exercising moderately. I found a food guide I had created at the time in an old journal:

Whole grains = 3 a day (2oz. servings)
Legumes = 1/2 c. a day
Fruit & Vegetable = 5 a day (1/2 c. cooked serving)
Dairy = 2-3 a day
Nuts & Seeds = 2 oz. a day
Protein = unlimited
Fats = 5 tsp. a day
Water = 64 oz. a day
* Approx. 1800 calories

I remember that sometimes I would skip the grains and lower the legumes when I wanted to try and move the scale down. I am starting to think a return to something like this may be what will work for me during this new phase of my weight loss. I recall feeling that since I was not on Induction or trying to stay in ketosis, I could enjoy all foods in smaller portions and take it one meal at a time.

I'm not just wanting to drop the weight... I am wanting to curb the eating disorder, eat nutritiously, and be active. I want to focus on that during the upcoming week.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

It's difficult to remember that not only is weight loss the goal, but being able to sustain a healthy way of eating for the long haul is just as important. It sounds like you have once again found your happy eating place....
Old 09-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthedish View Post
Instead, I'm now thinking about making a switch from counting TOTAL carbs to counting NET carbs. If I did this, I could start including some of the foods I've been missing that are higher in fiber and still be keeping carbs 'low'.

Today I went grocery shopping and did include a few items to have on hand this week including canned pumpkin, almonds, kidney beans, and LC yogurt that has 3 carbs per serving....

I'm not just wanting to drop the weight... I am wanting to curb the eating disorder, eat nutritiously, and be active. I want to focus on that during the upcoming week.
Great choices, Trish!!!

Curbing the ED is of utmost importance!
All of the foods you're adding are very nutritious.
You have an awesome plan & we're rooting for you!

momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Official weigh in = 202.5, so I lost another 2.5 pounds this week bringing me down 13.5 pounds in the couple of weeks I spent recovering from the binge episode.

These last few days I am so confused and anxious about my eating. I reviewed my stats and have basically been maintaining since March. I entered ONEderland for the first time in April and here I am, once again, trying to get below 200.

On the one hand the fact that I keep gaining and losing the same ten pounds is better than having gained, and gained, and gained ten pounds over and over again without periods of loss. On the other hand, six months have gone by. I could have met my 100 pound loss goal by now.

Last month, I decided August was going to be the month I kicked the weight loss into high gear. I joined an August challenge group, I spent the first ten days of the month eating super clean and dropped 5 pounds (down to 195.5). I bought smaller clothes. Then the binge tumble started.

Was the binge tumble something I should just dust myself off from and try again on the method that was showing the pounds drop or do I look at the binge tumble as a sign that method wasn't good for me? I am struggling with this over the past few days (hence the 'all over the map' thinking about different plans and approaches like JUDDD, IF, South Beach, etc.)

I am digging deep to connect with the 'gentle self kindness' inside and just proceed through each day this week in the knowledge that I am taking care of myself in the best way I know how, providing myself with support and acceptance, nutritious food, and daily activity. I have to start there for any progress to take place on any plan.

So I *think* I have nailed down this week's food plan and will be prep cooking this afternoon:

B- Canadian bacon and boiled egg with coffee or two (2-4 carbs)
S- Coffee (2 carbs)
L- Broccoli and cheddar quiche (6 carbs/5 net carbs)
S- Coffee (protein if needed) (2 carbs)
D- Protein, veggie, cheese, condiments, diet can (15 carbs/10 net carbs)
S- Evening treat* (2-10 carbs/2-7 net carbs)

Daily carb range - 29-39 carbs/23-30 net carbs
Water - 60 oz.
Exercise - 20 to 30 minutes a day
* Treat options: pork rinds or any concoction I can make out of nuts, yogurt, ricotta, pumpkin, flax, Lindt, or PB in measured portions.

I am hoping this week goes well mentally and physically.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made two AWESOME recipes today!

Broccoli 'Casserole' Quiche (5 net carbs)

Spray a 6 large muffin pan with non-stick spray and preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, mix 6 eggs and 6 TBLS of heavy whipping cream.

Spoon a TBLS of the quiche batter into the bottom of each muffin well just to coat. Then layer each muffin well with the following ingredients. Amounts given are in each individual muffin:

1/2 c. frozen broccoli (thawed and drained)
1/4 c. finely shredded sharp cheddar
1 TBLS French's Fried Onions
salt & pepper to taste (I used my grinders to coat the broccoli prior to layering)

Once all the wells are filled, distribute the remaining quiche batter evenly among the 6 muffins. The batter didn't cover all the ingredients, so I pressed down the filling a little bit before sticking them in the oven for 35-40 minutes.

OMG!!! These are the best quiches I have ever made, and I have made my fair share!!

Pumpkin Flax Pancake
(4.5 net carbs)

I preheated a small frying pan just under medium heat. In a bowl I combined 1 egg, 1 TBLS of flax meal, 1 TBLS canned pumpkin, 2 Splenda packets, a capful of vanilla extract, and a sprinkle each of ground cinnamon & ground clove. I coated the preheated pan with oil and poured the batter in. I flipped it when golden brown to finish it off.

Then on the plate, I topped it off with 1/2 a container of Vanilla Cream Carb Control yogurt and sprinkled that with a little ground cinnamon for garnish. This was SO good. The pumpkin made the pancake smooth like a pumpkin pie in the middle even though the outside had a golden brown crust.

This will be a winner when I am wanting a pumpkin fix. I like that I can make an individual one instead of making a whole pumpkin bake... Stops me from overeating.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday I had a great food day. I felt full, satisfied, and no cravings at all. I watched the net carbs and this is how it shook out:

B- Pumpkin Flax Pancake with yogurt (5 net)
L- Chicken, broccoli, and cheddar quiche with diet can (5 net)
D- Beef Tips in a red wine and onion gravy with sprouts and cauliflower with diet can (10 net)
S- Yogurt, PB, Lindt with diet can (9 net)

I only had one yogurt, but split it betwen breakfast and snack. The mix of yogurt, 2 TBLS PB, and one chopped Lindt square tasted like chocolate chip cookie dough. So good!

I was shocked at how I did not obsess about snacking yesterday. It was the first day in a while. I'm glad I'm not having a reaction to the new food additions. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.