LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #2011
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Did someone say guac?

You are doing great Danielle - Trust the process! Trust. the. process. Chris won't let ya down! I understand being cautious though and feeling like our bodies don't seem to react like other peoples or "by the book" so to speak. Yep. I know the feeling. It is tough mentally, but look how far you've come??

I bet the turbo cycle works out great for you!! That's my Plan B for when I fall off of the Atkins wagon, but I still plan to ride this wagon until the wheels fall off. Then, I'll get a shiny new turbo wagon. Overall, I'd say we're all making progress as long as we're making the effort!

:: My Journal ::

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want right now.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #2012
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
avocado allergy would be worst!!!

im so jealous of your warm weather!
I know, can you imagine!

You can HAVE the weather!...Warm weather is nice for a couple months, but months and months and months.....Um, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Hey Dani -- I'm trying Skinny Pop Popcorn for the 1st time, and it's low in calories (39 cal per cup). The ingredients are "All natural popcorn, sunflower oil and salt." That's it. Pretty good! It reminds me of a kind Trader Joe's sells.

Have a great day, chica! Keep up the good work.
I think I have that popcorn in my cupboard! Glad it's good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
Did someone say guac?

You are doing great Danielle - Trust the process! Trust. the. process. Chris won't let ya down! I understand being cautious though and feeling like our bodies don't seem to react like other peoples or "by the book" so to speak. Yep. I know the feeling. It is tough mentally, but look how far you've come??

I bet the turbo cycle works out great for you!! That's my Plan B for when I fall off of the Atkins wagon, but I still plan to ride this wagon until the wheels fall off. Then, I'll get a shiny new turbo wagon. Overall, I'd say we're all making progress as long as we're making the effort!
Yes, GUAC! I seriously could live on this stuff...

Thanks honey. I love the way I get to eat and it works well for someone who is a major creature of habit...I could eat the same stuff day in and day out for a very long time before I get bored. I dunno that I could ever imagine eating any other way....if and when that time comes I'm gonna have to really think long and hard about it. I'm excited to see if the weight does indeed come off quicker with this cycle... It's been exciting to see that I can make the classic work so well so anything more will be astounding to me!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #2013
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Hey Dani -- I'm trying Skinny Pop Popcorn for the 1st time, and it's low in calories (39 cal per cup). The ingredients are "All natural popcorn, sunflower oil and salt." That's it. Pretty good! It reminds me of a kind Trader Joe's sells.

Have a great day, chica! Keep up the good work.
I'm your huckleberry. Jayce, Dani has never seen Tombstone but this is a reference to the movie and a big thumbs up to popcorn. YUM!
Old 11-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #2014
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I'm your huckleberry. Jayce, Dani has never seen Tombstone but this is a reference to the movie and a big thumbs up to popcorn. YUM!
Mmmmmmm huckleberries! ...so yummy!!! And even yummier in ice cream!!!!

......no, I still haven't watched it.. I missed it AGAIN on cable the other day!
Old 11-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #2015
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've talked it up so much you'll probably be like...meh. For me, it's the best Western ever. Bar none. I hope you get to watch it with your DH. It's long movie...but so good.

I have to stop talking about popcorn...I may have to have some tomorrow!
Old 11-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #2016
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I've talked it up so much you'll probably be like...meh. For me, it's the best Western ever. Bar none. I hope you get to watch it with your DH. It's long movie...but so good.

No, I'm sure I'll like it. DH has seen it...and I believe at one time we actually owned it.

I got my Costco popcorn today...DH got me 2 bags I told him he is to forbid me to even think about the second bag any time soon I've already dug into the first one...
Old 11-13-2013, 05:59 AM   #2017
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Add me to the list of POPCORN LOVER!!!!!! I know on 12/11 we will be having a BUNCH of popcorn. DD12 gets her braces off. I will buy it at the theater and probably bring it home and hang with her watching DVD's and eating POPCORN! unless there is something out at the movies she wants to see!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #2018
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Add me to the list of POPCORN LOVER!!!!!! I know on 12/11 we will be having a BUNCH of popcorn. DD12 gets her braces off. I will buy it at the theater and probably bring it home and hang with her watching DVD's and eating POPCORN! unless there is something out at the movies she wants to see!
This sounds so lovely!
---------------------

Good food day yesterday.. I managed only 1 (ONE!) serving of my popcorn and left the rest alone.....I wanted that friggin scale to move move move!!!

...and it did.

Relieved to see the weather temps are going down today....I can't believe I actually had the a/c on for a time yesterday afternoon My electric bill needs a rest already!!!

DD17 is home today--not feeling well. Not sure what's going on with her...she says her tummy feels icky...as far as I know she hasn't eaten anything she's not supposed to. I hope we're not gearing for something else to be wrong...poor kid.
---------------------------
Oct 31: 239.4

11/01/13..... 239.6
11/02/13..... 240.0
11/03/13..... 239.2
11/04/13..... 239.4
11/05/13..... 238.8
11/06/13..... 238.0
11/07/13..... 236.8
11/08/13..... 236.4
11/09/13..... 238.4
11/10/13..... 238.4
11/11/13..... 238.0
11/12/13..... 237.2
11/13/13..... 235.6
Old 11-13-2013, 06:25 AM   #2019
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Mmmmmmm huckleberries! ...so yummy!!! And even yummier in ice cream!!!!

......no, I still haven't watched it.. I missed it AGAIN on cable the other day!
Quote:

O - M - G!!! Tombstone is one of my favorite movies of all time! LOL! I absolutely loved Val Kilmer in that role.

Congrats on your new low! I'm so glad this plan is working for you, Danielle.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:36 AM   #2020
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
You're halfway through the "30s"!

Oh popcorn, how I love thee. I haven't had any in ages. I went on a microwave popcorn craze shortly before I committed to weight loss a couple of years ago, and I felt like it might have been making my skin itchy. Not to mention making me fatter! The only popcorn I've had lately is from a place in my hometown (Topsy's) that I order each year for the Christmas season. It comes in a big, beautiful tin and has all kinds of flavors. I've already placed my yearly order!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #2021
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks girls!

OMG, can I vent about Biggest Loser... what in holy heck happened last night. Total scam. It was just a way to get Reuben back onto the ranch. I'm sorry, but I'd trust Jillian's professional opinion above all else especially since it was caffeine pills and not huge vats of coffee (which apparently, they are allowed to consume there)...to penalize the team 4lbs..so not cool. Meh!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #2022
Blabbermouth!!!

INDEED!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #2023
Major LCF Poster!

I haven't been watching Biggest Loser, so I'm clueless. LOL. I need to watch some eps on DVR.

Love that quote -- very true!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #2024
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
OMG Danielle, I agree with the BL. What happened? Jillian looked pissed. Her team would have lost the WI no matter what this time, even without the penalty, so I agree, it seems like it was a ploy to get Reuben back. And I wonder if he gained weight when he left the ranch? How will they address that?

And seriously? Caffeine pills? WTH?

Okay, back to you - - You are doing amazing!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #2025
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I haven't been watching Biggest Loser, so I'm clueless. LOL. I need to watch some eps on DVR.

Love that quote -- very true!
Ugh, seriously the worst weigh in. EVER. First off, this season is just.... WEIRD. It's now only an hour and there is so much cut out of it, it feels rushed and disjointed... Last night Jillian's team was penalized 4lbs because last week Jillian had given them caffeine pills before their weigh in.. last week Reuben Studdard went home...blue team had immunity.. So, because of that, this week they "reset" the week to last week--blue team got immunity, Reuben gets to come back to red team, and white team got penalized 4 lbs.. So yep, white team lost...they would have lost anyways besides the 4 lb penalty...all teams had amazing numbers but white came up a tad short. You could tell Jillian was LIVID...Allison asked her if she had anything to say and Jillian said that she stands by her professional opinion, felt it was the best alternative to copious amounts of actual coffee and was only sorry that her team was being hurt for her professional opinion.. she looked like she wanted to knock someone out

Last edited by DesertGurl; 11-13-2013 at 07:17 AM..
Old 11-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #2026
Blabbermouth!!!

On Chris Powell's page today....SOOOO true!

Old 11-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #2027
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
OMG Danielle, I agree with the BL. What happened? Jillian looked pissed. Her team would have lost the WI no matter what this time, even without the penalty, so I agree, it seems like it was a ploy to get Reuben back. And I wonder if he gained weight when he left the ranch? How will they address that?

And seriously? Caffeine pills? WTH?

Okay, back to you - - You are doing amazing!!!
Hopefully he'd lost something before coming back to the ranch? He didn't seem motivated to truly be there..while I like him as a person I really didn't see him as a good fit for this show. Just my .02 obviously And if he gained, they won't address it I'm sure---kinda disappointed the way this season is going......

Thanks, honey!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #2028
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Barbie83
Stats: 266/251.6/180
WOE: Low Carb/Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: 2/19/2014
Subscribing! Your journey is very inspiring
Old 11-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #2029
Blabbermouth!!!

You really did sum up the issues with this season perfectly. I don't get it. I love that show and this season feels so off and unenjoyable. I feel like Bob got a stacked team too with all those guys and athletic girls. It's not a fair matchup for Jill.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #2030
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie83 View Post
Subscribing! Your journey is very inspiring
Hi & Welcome! You are gorgeous, btw! You're too kind..mostly I just blabber on about my screwy life here in the desert Don't be a stranger.

Quote:
You really did sum up the issues with this season perfectly. I don't get it. I love that show and this season feels so off and unenjoyable. I feel like Bob got a stacked team too with all those guys and athletic girls. It's not a fair matchup for Jill.
It just really sucks... I loved the idea that the trainers got to choose their contestants but sheesh, the rest of it sorta went to hell. Bob definitely knew what he was looking for...I would think it'd be super hard to really *know* how someone will do in that environment. Seems also that the losses have not been as huge as past years---wondering if the food plan for them has changed too.. ?
Old 11-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #2031
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
O - M - G!!! Tombstone is one of my favorite movies of all time! LOL! I absolutely loved Val Kilmer in that role.

Congrats on your new low! I'm so glad this plan is working for you, Danielle.
This has been a very spirited discussion of BL! Very interesting! Now...can we get back to TOMBSTONE?

Danielle Ella Louise!!! 235!!! *fainting* then then

Old 11-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #2032
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
This has been a very spirited discussion of BL! Very interesting! Now...can we get back to TOMBSTONE?

Danielle Ella Louise!!! 235!!! *fainting* then then

Yes, very heated discussion....on my part maybe! I think it's my utter disappointment coming out, if anything.

LOL...I had a boss who used to call me Daniella or Ella all the time... Thank you, love I'm excited to get back into the 20's again...hopefully I'll skate through them like I kinda have the 30's.. and uh, I don't wanna talk about the 40's...they be mean to me
Old 11-14-2013, 05:33 AM   #2033
Blabbermouth!!!

Great food day yesterday...I think I could get very used to all HC days I think I just like it cause I can have the extra calories in popcorn if I want to

Scale's moved a little bit again..I'm at exactly 19lbs..

I looked at a calendar last night and I'm at like 8 weeks and 3 days that I've been cycling.. I thought I'd been doing it longer, but apparently not. This makes me feel better though, obviously...means more weight loss in shorter amount of time!

1 more pound and I'll have to take a couple progress pics...wow, i can't believe it...it went fast!

Today is my DS's 21st b-day. I cannot beleive it...a 21yo I miss him SO much and I'm alittle sad that we don't get to celebrate with him today. He'll be here next week for a couple days so that will have to do for this ole mama bear He's been so busy with gigs with his band--could not be prouder of him & his band!
------------------------
Oct 31: 239.4

11/01/13..... 239.6
11/02/13..... 240.0
11/03/13..... 239.2
11/04/13..... 239.4
11/05/13..... 238.8
11/06/13..... 238.0
11/07/13..... 236.8
11/08/13..... 236.4
11/09/13..... 238.4
11/10/13..... 238.4
11/11/13..... 238.0
11/12/13..... 237.2
11/13/13..... 235.6
11/14/13..... 235.2
Old 11-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #2034
Major LCF Poster!

Awww, Happy 21st to your son! That's one of the "big" birthdays.

Congrats on your scale drop -- so proud of ya, chica. Can't wait to see progress pics!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:37 AM   #2035
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
19 pounds is amazing girl! Way to go! Happy birthday to DS21! Legal to drink now, watch out!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:49 AM   #2036
Blabbermouth!!!

Awww, this post made me so happy for you! Happy 19 pounds and Happy Birthday to your baby!!! Time flies. You're doing great and will be celebrating with him at a nice 20+ pound loss next week. ((((hugs))))
Old 11-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #2037
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
congrats on getting to 235! and holy crap?! and 21 year old!!! wow. happy bday to him!
Old 11-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #2038
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Awww, Happy 21st to your son! That's one of the "big" birthdays.

Congrats on your scale drop -- so proud of ya, chica. Can't wait to see progress pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
19 pounds is amazing girl! Way to go! Happy birthday to DS21! Legal to drink now, watch out!
Quote:
Awww, this post made me so happy for you! Happy 19 pounds and Happy Birthday to your baby!!! Time flies. You're doing great and will be celebrating with him at a nice 20+ pound loss next week. ((((hugs))))
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
congrats on getting to 235! and holy crap?! and 21 year old!!! wow. happy bday to him!
Thanks for the love, ladies!

Monica--don't think for a second I haven't been thinking about that! However, I am not naive to not knowing that they've already "partaken" in some sort of adult beverage at one point or another...c'mon, it's college! He's a good boy, smart, and does make good decisions.

Amber--thank you, love! Yes, my "baby boy" He was the easiest kid ever...I would redo his entire upbringing over and over again...such a joy. Girls are just that much harder IMO... they exhaust me
Old 11-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #2039
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Way to go on the 19 pounds! This is so exciting to watch this plan work for you!

Happy 21st to DS! He sounds like a gem, and he loves his momma.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #2040
Blabbermouth!!!

On Chris' page today..... LOVE IT! He is speaking to me today, for sure.

Closed Thread