Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Hey Lexi!

This is the first thing I have been able to stick with for more than a month 100% ZERO cheats.. I feel like I get the best of both worlds...high carb & low carb... I started alittle over 7 weeks ago at 254.2..I've lost about 17lbs.. to which I have ALWAYS considered myself to be a very slow loser...I'm finding I'm actually pretty average.. makes me feel better LOL I think my body likes the guessing game..
Having a reward day once a week helps--although I am finding that I very rarely want to eat anything really junky even though it's allowed. This plan counts calories not carbs which I'm finding I actually enjoy.

Which book are you reading?
The key for his plan is total transformation inside and out--this has been a huge help to me.
I'm finding that everyone is unique that follows this plan...it needs to be tweaked to personal preference, like most plans these days.
There is planning & prep required, but like with any sort of plan you have to show up for yourself in order to succeed, right?
I totally understand, this is the LONGEST in my life that i've ever stuck to a weight loss journey and i couldnt be happier so hearing that you are having a good time sticking with this makes me happy. i need to do diets that are maintainable for life otherwise its impossible to stick with them.

wow 17 lbs in 7 weeks is amazing! congrats!

i am VERY happy to hear there will be no carb counting. we need carbs and im fine with eating them. i don't want to get my metabolism stuck or lowered following a strict low carb diet. i want to keep it guessing. the fluctuations in calories i think helps keep your metabolism burning!

i'm reading the second book with the 4 varieties. i'm going to go all in and do the turbo cycle i'm going to try and stick with it for 12 weeks and see what kind of results im getting. not starting til january tho. for now im sticking with my 5:2 its working for me. i'll be nervous to try something new but as long as i keep seeing results i'll trust it.

Getting my focus and motivation back!

current weight

I eat to live, not live to eat!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #1982
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Monica~ I do that too sometimes! Yes, you know I am a 14yo trapped in this ole body, right? I love Chris Hemsworth!!

Lexi~ Ok, good. I was hoping you were reading the 2nd.. the first book, while still good, doesn't offer the 4 cycles and the food list isn't as expanded. I am currently doing the classic cycle so I just alternate every other day.. I have a slighshot week starting this weekend and after that I am going to try turbo and see what it's like.. can't hurt I think my body is finally saying, oh thank goodness you're just feeding me alittle bit of everything, here, lemme give you some weight loss I love it! Have a blast at P!nk...saw her in LA last month & in Feb.. such an awesome show!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #1983
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Monica~ I do that too sometimes! Yes, you know I am a 14yo trapped in this ole body, right? I love Chris Hemsworth!!

Lexi~ Ok, good. I was hoping you were reading the 2nd.. the first book, while still good, doesn't offer the 4 cycles and the food list isn't as expanded. I am currently doing the classic cycle so I just alternate every other day.. I have a slighshot week starting this weekend and after that I am going to try turbo and see what it's like.. can't hurt I think my body is finally saying, oh thank goodness you're just feeding me alittle bit of everything, here, lemme give you some weight loss I love it! Have a blast at P!nk...saw her in LA last month & in Feb.. such an awesome show!
variety is the spice of life. glad i bought the right book!

im very excited for the show!!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #1984
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
OOOooo Reward Day! Yay!!!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #1985
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, reward day!! Not sure what I'm gonna really do with it but it's nice to know it's there! Maybe some french fries? I say that now, and then when I get there, I'm like MEH...
All I DO care about this morning is my Starbucks
Old 11-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #1986
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hooray for your Reward Day! Enjoy whatever you choose.

Congrats on your AWESOME losses this week.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #1987
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Congrats on an amazing week!! You are sailing right along!

Have fun at the movies, let us know how it was! I never caught the first Thor that came out a few years ago, is this a Part II or totally different?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #1988
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks girls!

Bren, it's like a part 2 and correlation with the Avengers movie too...is my understanding.. However, I don't believe that you truly have to have seen anything to know what's going on in any of them... I love Chris Hemsworth-such a cutie!
Old 11-09-2013, 04:30 AM   #1989
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yeah dude that guy from Thor is a hottie!!! WOW!
Old 11-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #1990
Blabbermouth!!!

Movie was fun! Not as good as the first, but definitely entertaining. And yes, Amber, he was hot.

Went to dinner and had some popcorn at the movies.. I did well though for calories!

Starting a slingshot week today---all high carb days. This was fun the first time, this time I'm not looking forward to it so much because the scale has been moving so well. This week stands to be either maintaining or a slight gain. It's part of the program though, so trust the process!!

Headed to a concert tonight...Nine Inch Nails.. totally forgot about it. I hope it's good, I've never seen them live before!
---------------------------

Oct 31: 239.4

11/01/13..... 239.6
11/02/13..... 240.0
11/03/13..... 239.2
11/04/13..... 239.4
11/05/13..... 238.8
11/06/13..... 238.0
11/07/13..... 236.8
11/08/13..... 236.4
11/09/13..... 238.4
Old 11-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #1991
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Have fun tonight Danielle! You're doing so well, and you're right to trust the process. After all, Chris has helped many many people lose a lot of weight. He knows what he's doing!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #1992
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Have fun tonight Danielle! You're doing so well, and you're right to trust the process. After all, Chris has helped many many people lose a lot of weight. He knows what he's doing!
Thanks, Carol. I am trusting the process...hoping like heck I'm right LOL Scale holding today...
-------------------

Show was totally amazing--so much more than I expected.

HC day yesterday...lots of sodium and not enough water...I am the same weight today. I ate dinner alittle bit earlier than usual last night because we were leaving for the show....we got to the venue and I was STARVING.. I ended up having some popcorn, which was the lesser than all the evils there I think I'm gonna do a LC day today and push the water then see where I'm at in the morning. I'm supposed to be on all HC days until Friday, but I need to get this "bounce" off first. Don't want to head into another reward day still up 2 pounds!

11/01/13..... 239.6
11/02/13..... 240.0
11/03/13..... 239.2
11/04/13..... 239.4
11/05/13..... 238.8
11/06/13..... 238.0
11/07/13..... 236.8
11/08/13..... 236.4
11/09/13..... 238.4
11/10/13..... 238.4
Old 11-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #1993
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=DesertGurl;16676876]Movie was fun! Not as good as the first, but definitely entertaining. And yes, Amber, he was hot.
<<<that he is! Is it bad that I'm not into the Packers game because Aaron Rodgers and Matt Clay are out? My husband is a huge football fan, but I tend to follow it best when the hotties are on the field.

It's part of the program though, so trust the process!! <<<THIS. You got it! It will all even out, don't be discouraged!

Headed to a concert tonight...Nine Inch Nails.. totally forgot about it. I hope it's good, I've never seen them live before!
<<<How fun! I wanted to go in Oct but it was a 4 hour drive and the only tickets left were $200+. I saw NIN in the early 2000's with A Perfect Circle, which was beyond amazing, but admittedly haven't followed much of Trent's music from the past decade. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I've been trying to find something fun for the hubs and I to do together now that we have some spare time.

:: My Journal ::

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want right now.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #1994
Blabbermouth!!!

[quote=br3n;16678259]
Quote:
Movie was fun! Not as good as the first, but definitely entertaining. And yes, Amber, he was hot.
<<<that he is! Is it bad that I'm not into the Packers game because Aaron Rodgers and Matt Clay are out? My husband is a huge football fan, but I tend to follow it best when the hotties are on the field.

It's part of the program though, so trust the process!! <<<THIS. You got it! It will all even out, don't be discouraged!

<<<How fun! I wanted to go in Oct but it was a 4 hour drive and the only tickets left were $200+. I saw NIN in the early 2000's with A Perfect Circle, which was beyond amazing, but admittedly haven't followed much of Trent's music from the past decade. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I've been trying to find something fun for the hubs and I to do together now that we have some spare time.
Football is ALWAYS better to watch when the gorgeous ones are on the field! ...Amazing just how many good looking athletes there are!

I hadn't ever seen NIN live before...Love his music...DH last saw them about 20 years ago..I believe I was preggers with DD19 at the time & sick allllll the time.. This was so much more than I ever thought it would be...amazing music and the fiber optic lights were so fun. Trent is an amazing musician and artist, I was in awe of him. Much respect for a man who's an Oscar & Grammy winner for amazing movie scores!

Definitely gotta go do stuff with the hubbs! I'm buggin for Justin Timberlake and Cher tickets now
Old 11-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #1995
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
My sister wants to go see CHER! I just don't know. That was so very long ago that I loved her!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #1996
Blabbermouth!!!

Just an "ok" food day yesterday... I just need to stay out of the movie popcorn.. Took DD17 to see About Time and had popcorn AGAIN.. OYE!!!! Not very smart for someone who's trying to battle a 2lb bounce this week! Ah well, livin and learnin..livin and learnin...
Everything else was totally on plan but that, so I guess not too too bad, but good Lord I'm gonna OD on popcorn one day

Gotta be quick today...DD17 has check-up with gastro doc..checking her weight

11/01/13..... 239.6
11/02/13..... 240.0
11/03/13..... 239.2
11/04/13..... 239.4
11/05/13..... 238.8
11/06/13..... 238.0
11/07/13..... 236.8
11/08/13..... 236.4
11/09/13..... 238.4
11/10/13..... 238.4
11/11/13..... 238.0
Old 11-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #1997
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nancy7
Stats: 138 starting
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 10/28/2013
I have been reading this thread and am very confused. I started Oct 28th, 2 weeks ago today.
Have been completely No cheating high fat, no carbs (I wanted to start with a bang). For first week, I went through nausea, diarrhea, dizziness. I am Ketone trace or small.
Now I feel well, have no desire to cheat cause I am not really hungry. But I have lost TWO lbs, in 2 weeks. I thought I would lose more at least the first two weeks. Everybody seems to be dropping weight like crazy. Or cheating and still losing. Wah wah!!!

Last edited by nancy7; 11-11-2013 at 08:00 AM..
Old 11-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #1998
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity View Post
I have been reading this thread and am very confused. I started Oct 28th, 2 weeks ago today.
Have been completely No cheating high fat, no carbs (I wanted to start with a bang). For first week, I went through nausea, diarrhea, dizziness. I am Ketone trace or small.
Now I feel well, have no desire to cheat cause I am not really hungry. But I have lost TWO lbs, in 2 weeks. I thought I would lose more at least the first two weeks. Everybody seems to be dropping weight like crazy. Or cheating and still losing. Wah wah!!!
Not entirely sure where you were reading? I'm not following the standard low carb diet plan..

2lbs is a great loss, especially since you don't have much to lose. Glad that you are feeling better and are experiencing the great benefits of appetite suppression that comes with low carbing. Best of luck to you!
Old 11-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #1999
Senior LCF Member

Oh man!! Popcorn sounds soo good. I'm a popcorn fanatic. That's the best part of any movie I see. We have plans to see "Catching Fire" in a couple weeks and I sure hope I can resist! I think I'll make some spicy cheese straws and sneak them in a ziplock.

Hope DD's appointment goes well.

You are still doing great - trust the process & give it time to work.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #2000
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
Oh man!! Popcorn sounds soo good. I'm a popcorn fanatic. That's the best part of any movie I see. We have plans to see "Catching Fire" in a couple weeks and I sure hope I can resist! I think I'll make some spicy cheese straws and sneak them in a ziplock.

Hope DD's appointment goes well.

You are still doing great - trust the process & give it time to work.
I can't wait to see that movie, looks so good! I think we may do the combo, Hunger Games/Catching Fire with the kiddo.. she'll like that I think. Of course I'll probably eat 10lbs of popcorn--heaven help me, someone sew my lips shut! JK! I KNOW how to abstain, I haven't lost sight of my goals..I just need to budget and keep some semblance of moderation in mind.

DD's appt was OK.. she's lost another couple pounds since Sept. Now that we know for sure (dx in Sept) about the gluten AND soy allergies the last couple months have been a tad easier for her to eat and not endure too much belly pain.. the soy thing was what threw us off for so long before we had the testing done! However, this kid is so incredibly picky that she ends up with very low calorie counts.. her task is to find ways to bump it up.. he's looking to her to take the reigns and she's looking at me to take charge.. He told her she's old enough to be involved in what types of food she eats throughout the day, and not to count on me to do it all.. Gold star for the doc!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #2001
Blabbermouth!!!

Extra hungry day yesterday.... I nearly blew it at one point in the day....DD's tortilla chips were looking mighty good and I was justifying how it'd be "ok"...while not entirely detrimental to my calorie count I knew the salt would not help my cause, nor would eating something not totally on my food plan... So, I opted for a T of natural peanut butter and it did the trick..

I guess now my body is gonna make me hit "37" on the way back down since I skipped it last week 237.2... at least it's going down! This week is so tough for me mentally....all HC days and the scale being up when I started it just completely caught me off guard.. so trying to limit the damage and NOT gain...losing would be the most ideal and I'm hoping that the scale continues to drop.. I'd like to hit a new month of cycling with a new low

I'm going to begin next week with the turbo cycle which is 2 days in a row of LC, alternating 1 day of HC, then back to 2 days of LC, etc.. I want to see if the increased LC days has any bearing on the scale and if it's really "turbo" My body has a mind of it's own and doesn't operate like everyone else's sometimes!

They're showing Grease tonight @ the theater...I really wanna go!!! Hmmmmmmm Who does not wanna see Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta!!
--------------------------------------

11/01/13..... 239.6
11/02/13..... 240.0
11/03/13..... 239.2
11/04/13..... 239.4
11/05/13..... 238.8
11/06/13..... 238.0
11/07/13..... 236.8
11/08/13..... 236.4
11/09/13..... 238.4
11/10/13..... 238.4
11/11/13..... 238.0
11/12/13..... 237.2
Old 11-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #2002
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Ooh, I LOOOOOOVE Grease! I've seen it so many times, but never in the theater since that first time when I was 11 years old and had to beg my mom to take me. I had such a crush on Jeff Conaway! This is the sing-along showing, isn't it? FUN! I may have to do that too!

Sounds to me like you're doing great on your eating. And I have the feeling that this week of carbs is setting you up for some really impressive losses next week, so enjoy it!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #2003
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Danielle

You've got this, girly. Trust the process.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #2004
Blabbermouth!!!

Carol--yes, the sing-along version... Hhmmmmm, I dunno if I wanna hear a bunch of people who cannot sing...well....sing That would include me in that bunch too!

Blonde-- Trusting the process is all I have... I know this works..the mental part of this is hard and still a work in progress. I know once I get a few of these slingshot weeks under my belt and I am better able to gauge the outcomes of them it will be easier to head into them without second-guessing anything...but this is only my 2nd one and the first 1 was actually a week late and about 4 days short.... so, really, this is my first

I have been craving guacamole for like 2 days...Not a clue why but it sounds SO good. And yep, I can't have it this week. Guess what I'll be having on Friday?

Busy day today--Costco and grocery store.. I also have to head to the mall for some Christmas stuff for DD17...can't start too early around here!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #2005
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
I see you are on choose to lose. I loved it when I tried it until the all carb week. I wouldn't control my BG. Isnt funny how when doing very low carb an all carb week sounds fantastci until you do it?

Popcorn~ mmmm!~ My hubby pops it up every night with CO oil and I drool.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #2006
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani~ I love Guacamole and I'm allergic to avocado. It hurts my stomach so badly...I can sneak in few tablespoons of good guacamole if I have a few chips with it...but raw avo? OMG it kills me.

I was just reading in Amber's journal, it snowed there yesterday! Our high today is 88 and low 90's tomorrow...what's happening in AZ weather wise?

As for trusting the process, I know you are. I have faith in you. Random posts aside I marvel at your strength and stick-to-it attitude and you are being rewarded for all the hard work and planning you've had to do.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 11-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #2007
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
I see you are on choose to lose. I loved it when I tried it until the all carb week. I wouldn't control my BG. Isnt funny how when doing very low carb an all carb week sounds fantastci until you do it?

Popcorn~ mmmm!~ My hubby pops it up every night with CO oil and I drool.
Hey Mick!

Well I do have HC days every other day so it's only adding a few to a straight week of high carb.. it shouldn't be this devastating to my mentality.. and for all intents and purposes the scale IS moving in a downward trend during all this..so I need to shut up and quit complaining!

Love love love popcorn! The best popcorn with CO I've had is one that Costco sells...I have to have DH hide it because I could seriously eat half the bag in one sitting...and it is one HUGE bag
Old 11-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #2008
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Dani~ I love Guacamole and I'm allergic to avocado. It hurts my stomach so badly...I can sneak in few tablespoons of good guacamole if I have a few chips with it...but raw avo? OMG it kills me.

I was just reading in Amber's journal, it snowed there yesterday! Our high today is 88 and low 90's tomorrow...what's happening in AZ weather wise?

As for trusting the process, I know you are. I have faith in you. Random posts aside I marvel at your strength and stick-to-it attitude and you are being rewarded for all the hard work and planning you've had to do.
I would die in a world without avocado..or worse..without guacamole!! DH has a slight allergy to it...it makes his mouth kinda itchy but he still eats it.

The weather here is meh.. It's actually pretty common for high 80's here but this 90 crap is ridic! We actually are "supposed to" go to high 70's by the end of the week, but I'll believe it when I see it! I really do need to go back to CA...pronto. Found myself kinda breathin' heavy when I saw DD17 looking at schools in N. Cali! YES, PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #2009
Major LCF Poster!

avocado allergy would be worst!!!

im so jealous of your warm weather!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #2010
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hey Dani -- I'm trying Skinny Pop Popcorn for the 1st time, and it's low in calories (39 cal per cup). The ingredients are "All natural popcorn, sunflower oil and salt." That's it. Pretty good! It reminds me of a kind Trader Joe's sells.

Have a great day, chica! Keep up the good work.
Closed Thread