Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #1801
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
I am going to stick around. I am going through a lot of life changes right now and know that the support here will make my life easier emotionally. I'm starting week 3 of LC and it feels good to have that part of my life in control.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #1802
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Ahhh! I too hate to sweat! What's with that?

I think 'tis time for you to get that bike...jus' sayin'.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #1803
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Glad you're feeling a bit better today!

Funny, I just got a stationary bike last week too! I used to have one and loved it, and could go and go and go. I was shocked how hard it was on my quads this time, and I couldn't go any longer than 15 minutes on low tension. I guess I'll have to build back up again. My hips killed me afterward too (old age). I hope you love yours.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #1804
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
I am going to stick around. I am going through a lot of life changes right now and know that the support here will make my life easier emotionally. I'm starting week 3 of LC and it feels good to have that part of my life in control.
Well, I am SUPER glad that you are back! Life changes can be tough, but you will get through. I'll be here with you! Hooray for 3 weeks, that's really fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Ahhh! I too hate to sweat! What's with that?

I think 'tis time for you to get that bike...jus' sayin'.
Yeah, I dunno...I got nuthin I just don't like the feeling. At. All. But then....afterwards, I DO like "that" feeling....you know, job well done, endorphins increased..yada yada..
Yep, I SHOULD get that bike, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Glad you're feeling a bit better today!

Funny, I just got a stationary bike last week too! I used to have one and loved it, and could go and go and go. I was shocked how hard it was on my quads this time, and I couldn't go any longer than 15 minutes on low tension. I guess I'll have to build back up again. My hips killed me afterward too (old age). I hope you love yours.
See! Great minds are thinking alike, I guess! Yeah, I have no ellusions to how fast or how far I'll be able to go when I start Old age really bites the big one, huh? Good for you for getting back to it!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #1805
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
D get the bike and get peddaling it is the easiest on your joints, you can start out slow but if you watch one whole show that is 30 minutes or 60 minutes you got in, that is pretty awesome!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #1806
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/207/180
I concur with Bejewelme! I have my elliptical positioned in front of a TV and it's so much easier to stay on it while watching a good show--I've skipped the workouts the past few days but now that I'm feeling better, it's time to get back to it! A 30-minute show, and pushing it a bit harder during commercials is a great workout!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #1807
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning my friend!! How are you today? I'm in today is the day mode and I'm going to be there every day til I get it right!

Hope you have Terrific Tuesday!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #1808
Blabbermouth!!!

Not alot to write about today...

Feeling somewhat better..cough is less annoying but still there.

DD17 came home from school today...I think she's been "glutened".. this GF thing is tough stuff.

Didn't get my bike. Couldn't find one I like that was actually "in stock"

10/01/13...... 246.4
10/02/13...... 247.4 --high sodium-not enough sleep
10/03/13...... 246.2
10/04/13...... 245.2 --Free Day.......
10/05/13...... 247.0
10/06/13...... 246.6
10/07/13...... 244.4
10/08/13...... 244.0 --4wk challenge goal met
10/09/13...... 243.0
10/10/13...... 243.0
10/11/13...... 243.6
10/12/13...... 244.2 ---heading out of town
10/13/13...... DNW ---out of town
10/14/13...... 246.0
10/15/13...... 243.6
10/16/13...... 242.2 ---New Low
10/17/13...... 242.0
10/18/13...... 242.0
10/19/13...... 243.6
10/20/13...... 241.4
10/21/13...... 241.6
10/22/13...... 241.6
Old 10-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #1809
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's okay, you'll find the right bike...
Sorry about DD, I know from experience, gluten is in everything!
Might I recommend window-shopping as a way to get some good exercise? Go to the local indoor mall and just walk...one of my favorite past 'the' times.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #1810
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/224/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Too bad you don't live nearby, I have two bikes in my parent's garage that need to go to good homes. One is the classic Schwinn with a wide seat (loved that one!) and fan wheel and the other is a cycling bike with a rock hard narrow seat, which hurt my booty, and was never really used. We had to downsize our personal possessions to make room for the baby, I just kept my favorite piece - the elliptical.

Sorry about DD. Diet restrictions are tough, I accidentally fed my son chicken salad without realizing it's full of egg because of the mayo. Hope she starts feeling better! Gluten is in everything, it seems.

Hopefully you'll find yourself a bike soon!

:: My Journal ::

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want right now.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #1811
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That's okay, you'll find the right bike...
Sorry about DD, I know from experience, gluten is in everything!
Might I recommend window-shopping as a way to get some good exercise? Go to the local indoor mall and just walk...one of my favorite past 'the' times.
I just chalked it up to not being the right time..
With DD it could either be the food she got at Cheesecake Factory that was "supposed" to be off the GF menu--she's eaten there several times and had zero issues before...however, the girl who took her order over the phone was kinda ...uh...not so bright, shall we say? Also, DD had a volunteer even she had to go to last night where she ended up washing dishes where she had to touch foods w/ bare hands, etc.. Either thing could be a cause.. She's been asleep for hours now, she'll feel like a million bucks by tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
Too bad you don't live nearby, I have two bikes in my parent's garage that need to go to good homes. One is the classic Schwinn with a wide seat (loved that one!) and fan wheel and the other is a cycling bike with a rock hard narrow seat, which hurt my booty, and was never really used. We had to downsize our personal possessions to make room for the baby, I just kept my favorite piece - the elliptical.

Sorry about DD. Diet restrictions are tough, I accidentally fed my son chicken salad without realizing it's full of egg because of the mayo. Hope she starts feeling better! Gluten is in everything, it seems.

Hopefully you'll find yourself a bike soon!
Aw bummer!!! The bike I had years ago was one of those Schwinn aerodyne ones with the handles that moves w/ the fan wheel..LOVED it! I had an elliptical at one time, but I ended up hating it LOL

Thankfully DD isn't celiac so that worry is gone, but sucks that she still will have issues like this despite trying to eat clean..
Old 10-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #1812

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
How are you feeling? ANy better?
Old 10-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #1813
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica~ I'm feeling better.. Never developed into anything at all..just an annoying cough right now...just glad that the feverish ick feeling I had for a couple days is gone! Thinking it was just the change in the weather from super hot to cool and windy..
Old 10-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #1814
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Chicky Babe, I'm home from work and ready to relax! Glad DD's sleeping! Nothing seems as good as some good sleep. My favorite!
Old 10-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #1815
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Chicky Babe, I'm home from work and ready to relax! Glad DD's sleeping! Nothing seems as good as some good sleep. My favorite!
She's up and kickin this afternoon! She feels fine now, thankfully!

We were talking on the way to the grocery store how inadvertently I've gone GF without even realizing it. Interestingly enough, the "carbs" I choose on my HC days are corn tortillas, potatoes, or rice..and of course fruit.. I've not had one urge to buy bread of any kind, and even on my free day if we go to dinner and there is bread involved somewhere, say, a burger..I end up picking it off.. And not so ironic to it all, since starting carb cycling, all of the massive stomach pain and painful bloat that I was getting before is completely gone. The one thing I have craved that's been not-so-great-carbs was a bowl of cocoa puffs..and well, it ended up not tasting as good as I thought it would and I chucked it. The funniest part of free days for me is that I now struggle with actually FINDING stuff to eat to increase my calorie count by 1000cals on those days. Per Chris' book, we're encouraged to eat the stuff on this day that we've been craving--within reason, of course. Well, that's all fine & good if what I'm craving actually ever tasted like I imagine it to!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #1816
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Aw bummer!!! The bike I had years ago was one of those Schwinn aerodyne ones with the handles that moves w/ the fan wheel..LOVED it! I had an elliptical at one time, but I ended up hating it LOL
Yes, the aerodyne! That's it, it was an excellent bike -- now just wasting away in a garage. Darn! Ya know, at first I hated the elliptical also BUT I hated the treadmill more so I forced myself to use it and well, it kinda grew on me. Supposedly the calorie burn is pretty high on it for a low-impact exercise, so that kept me motivated.

Glad your daughter is feeling better!
Old 10-23-2013, 05:17 AM   #1817

Sometimes I look at the cereal aisle and want to attack it, I can see how you could crave that!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #1818

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH Bejewel, I crave cereal. I have celiac, so I just always try to never buy GF cereal. For me, 1 bowl leads to 5!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #1819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
She's up and kickin this afternoon! She feels fine now, thankfully!

And not so ironic to it all, since starting carb cycling, all of the massive stomach pain and painful bloat that I was getting before is completely gone. The one thing I have craved that's been not-so-great-carbs was a bowl of cocoa puffs..and well, it ended up not tasting as good as I thought it would and I chucked it.
Oh Danielle, that is such good news!! Stomach pain is the worst and bloat is just gross feeling! I hate that! Yeah, your 'carby' choices are all GF. I adore corn tortillas (when properly prepared, all soft and warm) and brown rice too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Sometimes I look at the cereal aisle and want to attack it, I can see how you could crave that!
Funny you all should mention cereal! I look at the cereal aisle too! The ones that 'call' to me are "Cocoa Krispies" and Chocolate Cheerios (I've never even had chocolate cheerios). I could eat a whole box of Cocoa Krispies, given the opportunity...so I don't give myself the opportunity, But really, I can think of worse things to binge on....
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 10-23-2013 at 06:26 AM..
Old 10-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #1820
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/254.5/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
Just stoppin' by to say "hi" so your journal gets into my subscriptions.. More later.. I am going to get my rear to the fitness center...
Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #1821
Blabbermouth!!!

That's pretty awesome that you are struggling to find things for your cheat day. Before I even regained control with my diet, I was craving something "bad" and had it. It was very disappointing. I think it was one of my breaking points that made me stop and think about the point of doing it if it wasn't even living up to the hype in my brain.

I'm sorry that you didn't get the bike. Hopefully you find one soon. I'm sure it would be awesome to have it in your house so you can't bike whenever.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #1822
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
Yes, the aerodyne! That's it, it was an excellent bike -- now just wasting away in a garage. Darn! Ya know, at first I hated the elliptical also BUT I hated the treadmill more so I forced myself to use it and well, it kinda grew on me. Supposedly the calorie burn is pretty high on it for a low-impact exercise, so that kept me motivated.

Glad your daughter is feeling better!
I had a pretty great elliptical too, so I was really bummed that I hated it so much! Ironically, it hurts my knees something awful so I just don't do that thing anymore. I'm thrilled that you love it so much, that is all that matters!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I "used" to crave it...ever since that 1 bowl not tasting so great it's the last thing I want...especially on a cheat day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH Bejewel, I crave cereal. I have celiac, so I just always try to never buy GF cereal. For me, 1 bowl leads to 5!!!!!!
This used to be me awhile back! I just can't do it anymore which is a good thing, I guess

Quote:
Oh Danielle, that is such good news!! Stomach pain is the worst and bloat is just gross feeling! I hate that! Yeah, your 'carby' choices are all GF. I adore corn tortillas (when properly prepared, all soft and warm) and brown rice too!

Funny you all should mention cereal! I look at the cereal aisle too! The ones that 'call' to me are "Cocoa Krispies" and Chocolate Cheerios (I've never even had chocolate cheerios). I could eat a whole box of Cocoa Krispies, given the opportunity...so I don't give myself the opportunity, But really, I can think of worse things to binge on....
Glad the stomach pain is gone because it was exhausting and very debilitating. DD17 does cocoa pebbles...they're GF. Cocoa Krispies are better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipgal View Post
Just stoppin' by to say "hi" so your journal gets into my subscriptions.. More later.. I am going to get my rear to the fitness center...
Hi Judy! Come by any time! Good for you for getting to the gym!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #1823
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
That's pretty awesome that you are struggling to find things for your cheat day. Before I even regained control with my diet, I was craving something "bad" and had it. It was very disappointing. I think it was one of my breaking points that made me stop and think about the point of doing it if it wasn't even living up to the hype in my brain.

I'm sorry that you didn't get the bike. Hopefully you find one soon. I'm sure it would be awesome to have it in your house so you can't bike whenever.
We were posting at the same time!

Yeah, I can definitely say that what you wrote is pretty much where I started again...nothing, and I mean NOTHING tasted good anymore. Not to mention that I was having horrific pain in my gut every time I would eat. Luckily my pea brain finally woke up and realized that something needed to change Last free day I ended up just increasing my sizes of protein and chose a "whole potato" instead of the usual half I usually have during the week Yeah, that's what's exciting these days, apparently!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #1824
Blabbermouth!!!

Great food day yesterday. I never thought I'd get so happy when my calories increase by 300 every other day....But seriously, it feels absolutely decadent to have the extra cals plus extra carbs. And by the time the HC days end, I'm looking forward to the LC day coming up. Such a crazy concept to me, but I'm running with it! LC today and I can't wait to have some cheese

DD's feeling better today and hit the ground running. I have such a hard time keeping up with her!

10/01/13...... 246.4
10/02/13...... 247.4 --high sodium-not enough sleep
10/03/13...... 246.2
10/04/13...... 245.2 --Free Day.......
10/05/13...... 247.0
10/06/13...... 246.6
10/07/13...... 244.4
10/08/13...... 244.0 --4wk challenge goal met
10/09/13...... 243.0
10/10/13...... 243.0
10/11/13...... 243.6
10/12/13...... 244.2 ---heading out of town
10/13/13...... DNW ---out of town
10/14/13...... 246.0
10/15/13...... 243.6
10/16/13...... 242.2 ---New Low
10/17/13...... 242.0
10/18/13...... 242.0
10/19/13...... 243.6
10/20/13...... 241.4
10/21/13...... 241.6
10/22/13...... 241.6
10/23/13...... 241.0
Old 10-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #1825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your stats are just amazing! I can only hope to catch up with you, my Buddy. It's wonderful to hear you sound so positive! You inspire me.

PS~ I would eat Cocoa Pebbles too!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #1826
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay, cause I can't help myself, I'd eat those Reece's peanut butter ball cereal things. Mmmmm.... I'm sure it tastes awful, right??

WTG on a new low!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #1827
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Great food day yesterday. I never thought I'd get so happy when my calories increase by 300 every other day....But seriously, it feels absolutely decadent to have the extra cals plus extra carbs. And by the time the HC days end, I'm looking forward to the LC day coming up. Such a crazy concept to me, but I'm running with it! LC today and I can't wait to have some cheese
How awesome! It's so exciting when we find a great plan that we actually enjoy. It's certainly working for you, KUTGW!!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #1828
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Your numbers are wonderful D! So excited to see this and proud of you!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #1829
Blabbermouth!!!

AW, thanks for the love, ladies! Means alot to me, cause you guys have stuck by me through all the mess!

Amber, DH loves that reese's cereal--we have a giant box of it in the pantry..it's never done it for me, I'd MUCH rather just chow down on the candy To be honest, that is one thing that DOES still taste YUM..altho, now I can't eat nearly as much as I could before. Makes me happy!

Bren~ I was terrified of carb cycling and the first time I tried it, I freaked out on the very first day and gave up.. I guess I was ready this time. I am determined to be a positive statistic for this lifestyle and make Chris proud.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:06 AM   #1830

You are down 5 pounds D that is great!
Closed Thread