Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #1741
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Thanks Carol. I'm a visual girl so this helps to motivate me. The jar is just big enough to fit all of my "pounds" in it. I got a jar with a lid because I intend to keep this as a focal point for me so I can remember how far I've come when I reach my goal.

Nice to have the windows open and feel the breeze!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #1742
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
The jar and stone idea is awesome! I know what you mean about having the windows open and feeling the nice cool air. After being in the high 90's for the last few weeks this last 2 days of cooler weather is much appreciated. We got a day of heavy rains yesterday and the sun is out again but the temp will probably peak at about 69 today, which is nice. By the weekend it will jump back into the upper 80's which Im not too excited about.

I hope you are having a wonderful day Danielle!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #1743
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post
The jar and stone idea is awesome! I know what you mean about having the windows open and feeling the nice cool air. After being in the high 90's for the last few weeks this last 2 days of cooler weather is much appreciated. We got a day of heavy rains yesterday and the sun is out again but the temp will probably peak at about 69 today, which is nice. By the weekend it will jump back into the upper 80's which Im not too excited about.

I hope you are having a wonderful day Danielle!
We'll be back to high 80's tomorrow too, which is why I'm trying desperately to enjoy today I am so not a hot kinda girl. At all.

The day has been pretty good so far! And by the looks of things, you're is getting exciting. I am so proud of you!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #1744
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Dani, I love Cher too! Isn't she the greatest? And did you know that Pink is also a Virgo like we are? Love Pink and you will have a fabulous time at her show!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #1745
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Dani, I love Cher too! Isn't she the greatest? And did you know that Pink is also a Virgo like we are? Love Pink and you will have a fabulous time at her show!
She is! Idolized her all thru childhood. Yep, knew about Pink, she's 6 days after mine. Too bad I'm not 10 years younger we'd almost be twins...I'm more like an older sister
Saw her in Feb...amazing like I knew she would be. Doing it again and my hubbs is a trooper for doing this all for me.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:56 AM   #1746
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND GIRL!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #1747
Blabbermouth!!!

Here is where my body starts to freak out...........

.................here is where potentially everything goes haywire........

So the scale went backwards today despite major clean eating and following everything to the letter. Not to mention about 160oz of water.

Yes Yes Yes...fluctuations, sodium, water-retention...I know I know I know...

But what I'm getting at here is I've lost (or *had lost*) a little over 11 pounds.... this is about the same amount of pounds lost last year in May that I was able to eek out doing Atkins to the letter before the scale started going backwards...Then I jumped into JUDDD and lost 12 lbs before the scale started going backwards and started showing nothing but gains no matter how I did my calories..

So you see where my panic is coming from..... my history speaks for itself.. I have yet to be able to break thru at minimum the 15lbs mark despite following the program the way it needs to be. Despite feeling really good, the weight decides it's not gonna budge.

I am trying to remain calm, and no, I have no thoughts about giving up, or switching anything up. I am going to try and trust the process and see what happens.

Much of my panic this morning comes from the fact that my 4wks-4%-challenge ends "officially" on Sunday. Being gone for the next 2 days during the end of this is giving me anxiety. I'm supposed to take verification pics Monday or Tuesday in order to actually WIN. Well, I DID win early this week, already The goal then was to be able to at least maintain things until the end of this thing and go about my business and be relieved I survived.

Yep, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't uneasy about all of this. It's gonna be a looonnng weekend. No scale, no regular 'on plan' foods....yeah, i may just go bonkers.

10/01/13...... 246.4
10/02/13...... 247.4 --high sodium-not enough sleep
10/03/13...... 246.2
10/04/13...... 245.2 --Free Day.......
10/05/13...... 247.0
10/06/13...... 246.6
10/07/13...... 244.4
10/08/13...... 244.0 --4wk challenge goal met
10/09/13...... 243.0
10/10/13...... 243.0
10/11/13...... 243.6

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Last edited by DesertGurl; 10-11-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Old 10-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #1748
Major LCF Poster!

Girll!!!!!!!!! Don't even start to freak out! lol... All I'm saying is you have hardly yet started splashing in the water and started having fun. Don't freak out now and runaway!

Dani, It is .6 oz! That is nothing luv!

Keep up what you are doing....there are going to be days and moments that we hate that we are showing a flux but hey, it will come down and then some right after!

You know you got this lady! wooot woooot!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #1749
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Liv, thank you. I know. I know I shouldn't freak out.. but man, I got some $ on the line here! I WANT TO WIN!!
I thought for sure I'd have at least one more loss before we headed out tomorrow and then all I'd have to do is maintain... I didn't plan for a GAIN! My panic derrives from the fact that the next 2 days will be spent not at home, but in a car for 5+ hrs on both days, and sitting and standing for HOURS on Sat.. I won't get my normal consumption of water OR foods.. I can't guzzle all that water and have to pee every 10 min. like i do at home Hence, all of this equals either actual "regain" or bloat from not enough hydration.. Ugh, the timing just really bites. I would be OK with everything and not panicking so much if it weren't for this challenge I'm trying to get through.

But, yes, this is the time that my body starts to freak out and rebel against me..so that coupled with the weirdness of the next few days.. = me not being a happy girl.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #1750
Major LCF Poster!

grrrrr.... I do feel your pain. I will admit, our heads think alike. Unfortunately, its due to years of self doubt that we will ever make it past a certain point. I can/would self sabotage all my efforts due to a bounce up and THENNNNNNN Have to redo everything again.

Why, because I felt all my efforts were not paying off so why not just F* it all!

I say my dear, just focus on what you can while you are gone this weekend. Eat close to low carb when you can and drink water as you are able to. Can you tote some LC snacks/staples along? I know fetched but it may help keep you focused.

and luv...when it comes down to it all.....Think about this.....HOW MUCH DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT MONEY?

That was the main 4wks 4% challenge right? I know you can do this! Prove it to yourself.....

Old 10-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #1751
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post
grrrrr.... I do feel your pain. I will admit, our heads think alike. Unfortunately, its due to years of self doubt that we will ever make it past a certain point. I can/would self sabotage all my efforts due to a bounce up and THENNNNNNN Have to redo everything again.

Why, because I felt all my efforts were not paying off so why not just F* it all!

I say my dear, just focus on what you can while you are gone this weekend. Eat close to low carb when you can and drink water as you are able to. Can you tote some LC snacks/staples along? I know fetched but it may help keep you focused.

and luv...when it comes down to it all.....Think about this.....HOW MUCH DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT MONEY?

That was the main 4wks 4% challenge right? I know you can do this! Prove it to yourself.....

I Love You.

You're absolutely right. And yes, I do want it. I just get SO angry at my body for not cooperating with all of my hard work I have been extra meticulous with food and making sure to suck in as much water every day as I possibly can. Normally I don't think I'd be as bothered by this, but I just want to get through this thing.

I will bring what I can with me. The sitting around/standing, etc all day Saturday, plus the car for 5+ hrs is what's gonna kill me, I know it. I am staying positive however that things will all work out how they're supposed to.

More than anything this really isn't about this challenge so much as about the general concern I have that my body is gonna do that rebel thing again after only losing this much weight. THAT'S what's really eating at me. I love how I get to eat, I love how I feel and I would hate to have to start tweaking it all to figure something out KWIM? I just want my body to do the right thing and lose the weight the way *I* want to lose it.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #1752
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Aw D! I can so relate to how you're feeling. We are all so convinced our bodies don't act like a normal body. You've experienced this pattern before, so you know it's something your body likes to do to you. The difference this time is that before you always started tweaking and changing in panic, and so you didn't get to see how your body would adjust given a little time. This time you aren't doing to jump ship, so in a week or two, after you get back and recover from your trip, you'll be able to see what your body can do if you just keep working the plan.

I'm delighted that you've found this plan that really feels good and right for you. So please please don't abandon it in a moment of panic. One thing I've learned doing JUDDD is that my body will rebel for awhile, but if I just keep working it, eventually I win and start losing again. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #1753
Blabbermouth!!!

Headed home. It's been a loooong coupla days but so worth it. P!NK was amazing in every way and made some amazing new friends. Check in tommorrow w pics and all that went on.
Tried to stick to plan but verrry hard w no access to cooler for food and not nearly enough water! Ah well, there's always tomorrow! Anxious to get back to it with no interruptions!!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #1754
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Just checking in..
Glad you had a great time..
Don't stress about the numbers (ha.. I'm a fine one to talk!!)
Tomorrow is a new day x
Old 10-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #1755
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
So glad you had a great time! Can't wait to see pics.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #1756
Blabbermouth!!!

Good grief, didn't think I would ever make it in here today! Busy! Busy!

Phew! I'll tell ya what, I'm glad to be home today. I'm tired. I'm achey. And I'm sad that it's all over!

Left for LA at 4am on Sat. Got there, checked into hotel, WALKED to Staples center, got there about 10:30ish..there were people already in line....Who, later I would find out, got there at 7am. The hubbs loves me, but he'd have killed me if I said we needed to be there at that time.

Food was so-so.. water was BAD. No bathroom nearby, just as I suspected so I had to keep things to a dull roar so I wouldn't need to go every 20 min. like I do when I'm at home chugging my water I made the best choices I could from The Yard House and from a sandwich shop around the corner.. Everything tasted super salty to me which was disappointing. I got thru it ok. Ended up eating a kids burger from Fatburger--I just picked off the top bun..and no fries. I really wanted a beer by the time we got inside to wait some more...but I didn't.

We left LA around noontime after some breakfast & some record buying... I was not-so-good yesterday.. It wasn't totally horrible, but still didn't get in enough water while on the road. We were in the car a total of over 12hrs for the 2 days.. not to mention all the sitting we did at the arena. Yeah, can you say BLOAT? We got home around 7 and I immediately chugged 3 bottles of water. Tasted so good!

Got on the scale today and I'm up. I expected it. 246.0 Meh!
Tomorrow I'm supposed to submit a weigh-in pic for my challenge.. praying like crazy today I can get rid of the bloat and see at least the 244 I was at some point last week. If I don't make it, well, then... I don't. I KNOW I made that number though..I did do it. I did this challenge to quiet my head and the noise telling me that I couldn't do it.

Supposed to begin a 'slingshot week' which entails all HC days. Today I'm doing LC tho to see if it will help.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #1757
Blabbermouth!!!

Show was AMAZING. Met some amazing new friends, too! By the time the show started my feet were KILLING me. It was mass chaos after the show let out..not only for the fact that there were thousands of people there, but then it's a Sat. night in LA... kray kray!! The thought had been we'd grab a cab back to our hotel.. welp, we ended up just walking cause it was so nutso out. It was probably about half a mile away so nothing too traumatic.

Here's a few pics. I have so many it was hard to choose.
She is gorgeous in person.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #1758

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
D- I had to come and see about the concert!!!! I was so excited you got to go!! Great pics! Girl dont get me started about weight loss, I am back on here trying to get my head screwed on straight, I swear it is a battle!!!!!

Missed you!!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #1759
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
D- I had to come and see about the concert!!!! I was so excited you got to go!! Great pics! Girl dont get me started about weight loss, I am back on here trying to get my head screwed on straight, I swear it is a battle!!!!!

Missed you!!!!
thanks! There's alot more pics on my FB page.

Weight loss is HARD. Whoever says it's not is a big fat LIAR! Glad you're back, it's been super quiet here for awhile. Nice to see another familiar face!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #1760
Blabbermouth!!!

GOOD NEWS!!

I MET MY CHALLENGE!!!!!!

I needed 244 to win... I hit 243.6

I was 246.0 yesterday.

All the LC'ing and water helped!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Once I finally let go of the stress of it all and just let the cards fall where they're supposed to... Lordy, I am SO glad this challenge is over!

BBL gotta take kiddo to class!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #1761

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
LOOK AT YOU GIRL!!!!!! Way to go!

OH and PINK is so gorgeous. To have abs like that! OMG!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #1762
Big Yapper!!!!

Congratulations on winning your challenge!!! You did it!

Great pictures of Pink! I'm glad it was such a great show.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #1763
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/212/180
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! (broiled, not breaded...)

Congrats on your weigh-in...and love the Pink pics!!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #1764
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Wow I had a lot of catching up to do here!

I am SO glad you met your challenge!!!!!!!!!!!! See, it really pays off to hang in there even when we get frustrated.

You know I know all about the frustrated part, still waiting for the "pay off" part.

Besides, getting to see Pink is a nice trade off for a couple lousy road-trip pounds!!! I'm not a huge pop fan in general, but I have always liked her.

Glad to see you're doing well!!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #1765
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
CONGRATS on beating your goal! So proud of you, Danielle.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #1766
Blabbermouth!!!

WOW! Thanks for the love today ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
LOOK AT YOU GIRL!!!!!! Way to go!

OH and PINK is so gorgeous. To have abs like that! OMG!!!!!!!
Can you freakin imagine! She is nothing but muscle it's insane!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Congratulations on winning your challenge!!! You did it!

Great pictures of Pink! I'm glad it was such a great show.
Thanks honey!! Such a great show I really wanna go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! (broiled, not breaded...)

Congrats on your weigh-in...and love the Pink pics!!
haha! I said that this morning when I got on the scale!....Well, not the broiled part I'm beyond thrilled with how things turned out! Pink, well her & I are BFF's.. she just doesn't know it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
Wow I had a lot of catching up to do here!

I am SO glad you met your challenge!!!!!!!!!!!! See, it really pays off to hang in there even when we get frustrated.

You know I know all about the frustrated part, still waiting for the "pay off" part.

Besides, getting to see Pink is a nice trade off for a couple lousy road-trip pounds!!! I'm not a huge pop fan in general, but I have always liked her.

Glad to see you're doing well!!
Hey Bren, so good to see you!!! I never once thought about giving up, just frustrated that my body has to freak out at every turn Hang in there honey, things WILL turn! Seeing P!nk is thoroughly a joy..I feel so blessed to have had the chance to see her twice this year. And OH YEAH, she was definitely worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
CONGRATS on beating your goal! So proud of you, Danielle.
Thank you!! Feeling good and pretty dang proud of myself
Old 10-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #1767
Blabbermouth!!!

New Low..Down 1.4

I think I'm getting sick. Scratchy throat, congestion, sniffles.. UGH! WHY!!!!!

10/01/13...... 246.4
10/02/13...... 247.4 --high sodium-not enough sleep
10/03/13...... 246.2
10/04/13...... 245.2 --Free Day.......
10/05/13...... 247.0
10/06/13...... 246.6
10/07/13...... 244.4
10/08/13...... 244.0 --4wk challenge goal met
10/09/13...... 243.0
10/10/13...... 243.0
10/11/13...... 243.6
10/12/13...... 244.2 ---heading out of town
10/13/13...... DNW ---out of town
10/14/13...... 246.0
10/15/13...... 243.6
10/16/13...... 242.2
Old 10-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #1768
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay on new low! Boo on getting sick!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #1769
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
congrats on the new low!! How exciting! you are just killing it this month.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #1770
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
congrats on the new low!! How exciting! you are just killing it this month.
Thank ya honey! But yanno what? If you look at my Oct. numbers... I've only lost 4.2 lbs.. Kinda kooky, huh? I'm just so glad that it's going DOWN..it's a helluva lot better than a gain, right?

In the grand scheme of everything...yes, in about 5 weeks I've lost about 12lbs...amazing how "the view" changes when the perspective gets moved around!
Closed Thread