Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #1651
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Victory! Doesn't it feel great when you can take control like that? Great job!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #1652
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Victory! Doesn't it feel great when you can take control like that? Great job!
Thanks! It feels REALLY good!! It's been a long time coming for sure.

Success yesterday!! Went to dinner and I managed half of a cheeseburger loaded w/ veggies and maybe 10 fries and a diet coke w/ lemon from Red Robin...I was stuffed. Yes, folks, that was my free meal.. no alcohol and no junkfood... I had about 1 cup of popcorn at the movies and nothing else. It was nice to end a night out not feeling so overly full and bloated that I could burst.

No weigh in today.. I know I stayed well within my calories but I had more sodium yesterday than I think I had all week combined.. today I chug the water some more..

Saw Prisoners last night. Amazing. Best movie I've seen all year and I would not be surprised if Hugh Jackman is nom'd for an Oscar.. Jake Gyllenhall was great too. It was worth staying up til 1am *yawn*

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 09-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #1653
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep definitely sodium......among other things.... got on the scale this morning and I'm up a little. Too much sodium the last couple days, and not nearly enough sleep.. Two late nights and having to wake early has not been good. Praying it all levels out in the next day or two!

Thanks For Sharing: Great movie. Funny, dramatic, and interesting. All the actors were great, but my girl Alecia..well, what can I say? She's a natural! Was fun seeing her in a movie--which tells the world, this girl can do anything she wants, even the critics agree. I think, when I grow up I wanna be her...

Will be spending the afternoon cooking and planning menus for the next few days again--I love this and it helps immensely. I keep reading about people trying to wing this plan and complaining of being overwhelmed.. well, duh! Eating 5x a day and going in to prepare every meal from scratch & without a plan will definitely overwhelm anyone!

Chugging that water again today in hopes to flush the salt and the sleep right on outta here.

Today I woke up to some dark clouds and half sun.. kinda nice. Just wish I coulda slept in! What I really wish is that summer would get the hint that we don't want it around anymore!!!!
Old 09-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #1654
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
I'm thrilled for you Dani!!! Sounds like things are working really great for you! Keep up the great work!
Old 09-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #1655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I love that you are taking care of you, planning your meals and snacks. You are sooo worth the extra work. After you've done this long enough you may be able to wing it. For now you are setting the foundation in place so this can be your woe. No shortcuts to health. Good for you!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #1656
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Dani, you are doing GREAT! I, too, love that you do this prep cooking and planning -- you are being really smart about this. And you are eating lightly/moderately, obeying your real hunger rather than a desire to eat, which is fabulous!
Old 09-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #1657
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Today I woke up to some dark clouds and half sun.. kinda nice. Just wish I coulda slept in! What I really wish is that summer would get the hint that we don't want it around anymore!!!!
Nice windy weather today, although still on the warm side. I'm hoping we've seen the last of the triple digits now. Let's have some fall weather!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #1658
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Sounds like you're doing great, Danielle! I am going to work on upping my water intake today also...got some weekend bloat to kick out the door. Lol.

Congrats on your losses so far! You sound happier.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #1659
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, so scale is being really wonky.. Up another .2 It could be several things and I'm not panicking. YET. It could be the fact that TOM is due any day now, or the fact that I haven't tracked my calories in my tracker--I think I may not be eating enough, if that's even possible! Or, it's the CLA I started taking religiously 3x a day about 5 days ago.. any of these things are a possibility. So, no cla today, I'm tracking everything into my phone app, and well, AF will show up in her own good time

Busy day today. DH home, so we'll be off doing god knows what. DD17 home sick, poor kiddo. Dunno what's up with her, if it's a gluten thing or if she actually has the flu--she's had a sore throat off & on and sniffles along with some tummy aches.. Hoping today she wakes up feeling better!

Weather is nice and "fall like"...under 100 All kidding aside, it is nice not to feel like my hair is on fire every time I step outside into the sun. Too bad I can't at least shimmer like Edward from Twilight--so pretty!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #1660
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
I bet it is most def TOM. I can go up 5 pounds right before which totally sucks.

Awww, you go on and shimmer today, love. I laughed out loud about your hair being on fire. Only because that's what happens to me too here in Texas. But this weekend was flipping gorgeous after the rains.

Have a great day!
Old 09-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #1661
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/211/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart 1-18-14
Yeah, add me to the "5 pounds before TOM" club....I just stay off the scale a week before and a week after. I'm sensitive when it comes to the numbers on the scale. Wish they would come out with a scale that just says "You're doing great! Keep it up!" when you step on it.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #1662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Danielle! Yep, definitely TOM weight. Not to worry.

You know I was thinking about how I struggle with weight but one thing I know for sure, consistency is the key. Anytime I've ever been successful in weight loss it's because I've been consistent. Saying this as much for me as for you. Hang in there, TOM will pass and the weight loss will continue.

What's on the menu today?
Old 09-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #1663
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
I bet it is most def TOM. I can go up 5 pounds right before which totally sucks.

Awww, you go on and shimmer today, love. I laughed out loud about your hair being on fire. Only because that's what happens to me too here in Texas. But this weekend was flipping gorgeous after the rains.

Have a great day!
Ugh, I am SO sick of the heat!!! They promised me 80's this week and lo&behold...yup, we've somehow managed to get back into high 90's all week. Not a happy girl!!! I'm tired of being sticky and ick whenever I step outside. Bleh! So not the right place to be living for someone who hates to be hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Yeah, add me to the "5 pounds before TOM" club....I just stay off the scale a week before and a week after. I'm sensitive when it comes to the numbers on the scale. Wish they would come out with a scale that just says "You're doing great! Keep it up!" when you step on it.
We need scales like the ones those Special K commercials use!! I like that idea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Good Morning Danielle! Yep, definitely TOM weight. Not to worry.

You know I was thinking about how I struggle with weight but one thing I know for sure, consistency is the key. Anytime I've ever been successful in weight loss it's because I've been consistent. Saying this as much for me as for you. Hang in there, TOM will pass and the weight loss will continue.

What's on the menu today?
Oh, I know I need to focus on the consistency.. I have to build up a string of days and keep going...I know I'll see progress if I can just keep myself out of my head! Tough when I have to think about food 5x a day!! But I'm comitted to making this work and I like how it makes me feel. I feel satisfied and I don't feel deprived of anything. Hmmm, food today is mainly chicken, some ultra lean ground beef, and I've got some leftover steak from last night Lots and lots of veggies and some carbs today

Yanno, it might be TOM still, but I purposely cut out my CLA the entire day and kept to my normal foods and water & I was back down to 248.8...only .2 up from my lowest.. sooooooo, right now I think it may be the supps.. I'm gonna omit them the rest of this week and see how I do, and if I continue to lose, even despite TOM, then I know it's the cla..
I consider yesterday a MAJOR win because I spent the majority of the day out running errands. I came in at nearly exactly 1200 cals and about 137g of protein.. I'd call it a good win! Funnily, I used to think the fact I was eating "too much" protein was the reason why I couldn't lose weight...well, now that I am cycling with it and higher fat every other day..my body loves it and is cooperating for the moment.

So, spent the better part of the day before yesterday worrying about DD17 and her tummy issues... Well, yesterday it comes out that she got into her dad's muddy buddies... Mystery solved! That kid!!!!

DH is having to come to grips that the entire household is changing. DD17 obviously has to cut out nearly all processed stuff and DD19 made the choice, just because, to go GF and eats like the little one & myself... DH is outnumbered and the minority...not to mention, the girls expressing concern about him dropping alittle bit of weight soley on the worry that he carries it only in his stomach.. I think he's slowly getting the hint & the bigger picture. I already told him if he leaves this earth before his time I will be so pissed at him that I will ignore him when he comes back to haunt me. I don't know what he's afraid of, or why he's dug his heels in so deeply this time around. Usually he's right on board with whatever I attempt to do. Maybe it's the 5 meals a day? I haven't a clue, but he's gonna have to start flying right because the entire house is moving forward except for him.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #1664
Blabbermouth!!!

Good news that DD17's mystery ailment is solved! I sure hope the docs can get her gluten stuff figured out soon so she/you knows exactly how to move forward.

Regarding DH digging in his heels - he may just not be ready right at this moment to make those big changes. I know that in the past when I tried to change my eating, if I was truly mentally ready to commit, I would always fail. Work stress was often the reason I couldn't focus on any eating plan for me. He'll come around, and when he's ready he'll probably go at it all out.

I hope you have a great day today - eating and otherwise!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
Old 09-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #1665
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Carol! We have DD's dx already. She tested positive for gluten & soy allergies.. The good news is, she's not celiac but the recommended course is GF eating.. the tricky thing here is, because she isn't celiac, she does have the option to once in awhile (and I use that term loosely!! ) to eat what she wants but suffer tummy distress if it's really worth it.. So, her, being a teenager and knowing everything she does this..however this time she "neglected" to tell dear ole mom that she'd been naughty

I'm ok with him not wanting to follow along, I'm not saying he HAS to. But, he also cannot be bringing all of his garbage in here and consistently offering it to me every single time, knowing full well that I am trying to fly right and get my health back in order. Also, am sick to death of hearing about the grocery bill... well, when you're essentially feeding two lifestyles, well duh, yeah, it's gonna be expensive! Already told him not another word--so far so good There is apush & pull thing going on here where he's consistently testing me and tempting me with foods he knows are off limits until Friday's.. it gets really frustrating.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #1666
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh good! I'm glad the dx came through and she has a "bit" of flexibility.

Yep, I totally get the bringing in naughty stuff. And the tempting you bit is not so cool. He'll get the message - sounds like maybe he already has! I struggle with why it is so hard to have that stuff in the house. My head tells me just ignore it - it's off limits. Why is it that I'm perfectly fine, not hungry, in control, and then I catch sight of the ice cream in the freezer and my will turns to Jello. Uck, I hate Jello.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #1667
Blabbermouth!!!

Yanno, I get that he's a big boy and I don't have any right to demand that none of that stuff be in the house...but I did ask that he at least try and help me by at least holding off on that stuff for at least a couple weeks until I really get going. Frustrating to feel like I'm not heard. However, I'll give him brownie points for trying to adapt quickly to the idea that I HAVE to eat every 3 hrs, no question about it. That's a whole new thing for us so it's been interesting to see him LOL
Old 09-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #1668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle my DH is a 'pusher' as well. Most of the time I can just say no thanks but if he catches me at a weak moment it can derail me for the rest of the day. I have to say to him "I'm off sugar right now". Luckily for me, his 'go-to' treat is licorice, I can say no to that pretty easily. I've been buying single serving chips for his lunch and single serving fruit pies for when he thinks he HAS to have it. It helps to keep me out of it...however nothing can stop me if I'm on a mission to eat badly. I haven't bought any bagged tortilla chips, that is my weakness right there. I don't remember the last time DH brought home groceries, it's been awhile.

What is CLA? Do you need it to feel well? Eating every three hours has got to be a good way to keep the fires burning.

I'm hanging with you everyday, staying true to myself...it feels like we're in it together.
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 09-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #1669
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes. A "pusher". That's the word. Get's so aggravating sometimes! He is such a snacker it drives me bananas. And seriously, I worry that his, "I'm full" meter is broken. He is stubborn so all I can do is be here when he's ready.

And you're ABSOLUTELY right...."however nothing can stop me if I'm on a mission to eat badly"---there isn't anything I won't get into if I'm hellbent on getting my eat on.

CLA is conjugated linoleic acid. It helps to reduce fat and increase lean muscle mass. I used this the first 2 times I did Atkins, faithfully and really saw a difference. Never noticed issues with it stalling or causing gains, but for whatever reason my body doesn't like it with this plan.

.....on that note, I've come to realize something. I've been so content the last week and a half since starting over. Despite the fact that it requires major planning and prep in order to stay successful without getting overwhelmed, I haven't seemed to mind it a bit. I realized that I've finally started showing up for myself. Taking the time I deserve in order to succeed. In the past, all these failed attempts, I wanted it all without really having to do much but just "be". Doesn't always work like that, and not always for every person. For the few it does, well, they're lucky! It feels REALLY good to be keeping the promises I've set each day. I go to bed each night satisfied with the 'work' I've done even if I haven't implemented my exercise yet. Why? Because I'm working on other areas of my life beside the weight. It all goes together and right now, it feels reeeeaaalllly good.

Scale moved to a new low. 248.2. Down -.4 from my lowest. I'll take it, because it means I got rid of the bloat/gain I somehow found earlier this week.

Hard to believe that I'm nearly done with week 2. It's gone by super fast and virtually painless. I just eat! Go figure, huh? Oh, and let's not forget about ALL the water. Everyday. I'm usually floating by noon and continue to do so til around 7pm--Rinse. Repeat.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #1670
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been so content the last week and a half since starting over. Despite the fact that it requires major planning and prep in order to stay successful without getting overwhelmed, I haven't seemed to mind it a bit. I realized that I've finally started showing up for myself.

This is great news! I believe it's the only way to really have progress, to put yourself first and show up for you! I've been practicing this myself and it really helps me stay motivated.

My "pusher" showed up with pizza last night, I ate it. No worries though, back on the straight and narrow today. If anything good came out of it, I didn't sleep well and neither did he. I will remind him of this tonight when I feeding him chicken with salad.

Girl I'm so tired today, I feel I need to run around the block or something...sluggish to the tenth power.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #1671
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, love!

I believe that showing up means I finally believe in myself, believe in my promises that I want to keep to myself, believe that I deserve to be healthy, believe that I deserve happiness that derives from being happy @ what I see in the mirror. Feels very liberating and very empowering. I feel like I've been given the golden ticket to Willy Wonka's factory, except in this instance, it's to the house of health, happiness & inner peace via the Chris Powell train.

Scale moved again.. another -.4 I have only 3.4 before I meet my challenge goal of 10lbs by Oct 15. I got this!♥

Today's a high carb day. Yes! Fruit! Tortillas! ...and maybe some pasta!

Gotta go get ready...some high drama going on around here. Ugh, being a parent sucks sometimes..not because of *my* kids, but other people's kids who can't seem to shut their freakin mouths!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #1672
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
OH GIRL! Such insight!!!! I agree with you. Other peoples kids REALLY suck sometimes!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #1673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My mother used to say "You're a good kid...but who in the hell likes kids"? I know, not really that funny.... I do like my own, though.

Welcome to the weekend!! You doing anything fun or illegal?
Old 09-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #1674
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH GIRL! Such insight!!!! I agree with you. Other peoples kids REALLY suck sometimes!
You said a mouthful there, girl! Seriously though, what do these parents do with their kids?? How do you NOT know what your kids are up to????
DD17 has a girl in her first 2 classes who has been nothing but nasty to her--snide comments about either her clothes(kinda spendy, but styled SO cute), her backpack style(vera bradley), her grades (straight A's)...you sensing a trend here?? Yeah, me too. This girl insinuates into conversations that have nothing to do with her just to say something nasty to DD.. Well, the other day this girl (who happens to be a big stoner) was bragging to another said stoner while in class about some tin she had that she uses to keep her pot in because it keeps the smell out...then the 2 of them sat and talked about smoking and drugs etc.. This dumb girl was sitting right behind DD, who didn't let on that she was listening.. Well DD went and talked to the asst. principal.. DD was literally home 45 min. (she's out at 10:30) and comes to me and shows me this girls twitter page and she is cussing out DD on it and telling her she is going to get her butt beat---but not quite in those words if ya get my drift. My husband called the asst principal and discussed the social media stuff and what was he going to do.. Anyways DD went to see him first thing yesterday morning to turn in the paperwork and to try and squash this thing.. they would not let DD return to class until they knew where this girl was...for over 2 hrs they could not locate her--she wasn't in class, not called out by a parent, and they didn't want DD roaming without knowing where this girl was, so DD was relegated to sitting in the office with the attendance ladies They finally found her midway thru 2nd pd, mother finally called her in late.. so they waited for her and dragged her into the office.. asst. principal confronted her social media garbage and she said she didnt mean any of it and wanted to speak to DD face to face. DD agreed to see what this girl had to say.. girl totally apologized and said she is not a violent person, but that she was scared that she was gonna get expelled, didn't want anymore problems with school because she had alot going on at home and wished for a new beginning with DD.. she apologized profusely and then asked DD to tell us (her parents) how sorry she was.. DD said, I can forgive you, but I won't forget. She expressed her reasons "why" this was taken so seriously (bullying in the past) and how she didn't know her at all and how she was mean to DD for no reason.. this girl said, I know and I'm sorry..sometimes its easier for me to just take things out on the people I don't know instead of dealing with things.. the asst principal told her a thing or two and she agreed that all of this was stupid and not appropriate. DD said, I have zero problem with you, I'm here for 3hrs a day, don't want to make enemies and want to have a really fun senior year.. So, with that it was done and hopefully things are cooled down. All of DD's teachers know whats happened and are to keep an eye out for her-- DD is about 5'7 and 120lbs--this girl is about 5'5" about about 180lbs and hangs with a very rough crowd so you can imagine everyone's aggitation with this situation.. The principal told DD after the other girl left, "I'm so sorry this happened to you and there is nothing ok with this situation. Unfortunately, you represent everything she probably wishes she could have & be." Jealous is such a PITA! Why do teenage girls have to be SO mean????? Both of my girls have had to deal with this for forever it's insane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
My mother used to say "You're a good kid...but who in the hell likes kids"? I know, not really that funny.... I do like my own, though.

Welcome to the weekend!! You doing anything fun or illegal?
I like my own too.....most of the time. NO, I love my kiddos with all my heart but I am not above putting them in their place if they are wrong or being disrespectful. Trust me, they could give you an earful of the things they have had to do over the years. I don't play that way, and did not become a mom to raise a gaggle of hoodlums!

Nothing illegal. Darnit. I think DH and I are going to a quick dinner tonight...no idea about a movie.. Taking DD to a movie tomorrow afternoon. She loves going to matinees with me on Saturdays, kinda become our thing. Oh, and getting to Bath & Body Works for some more pumpkin candles! I bought this one for "fall"... Well, it's not even the end of September and I love it so much it's almost gone! Sweet cinnimon pumpkin.
-----------------

Scale's sittin the same. I'm thankful. TOM reared its head yesterday and is letting me know loud and clear of its arrival. Ugh, today would be a day that I don't feel like moving but I got tons to do. Meh.

Today's my free day. All i could think about was my coffee this morning with HWC. No, not thinking about chcolate or fries...my coffee! Amazing how my cravings have changed in the last couple weeks. Give it time, I'm sure they'll change again, right?

Weather is cloudy and overcast. Of course. I just had my car washed. I'm thinkin we're still gonna hit well into 90 today though.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #1675
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow Danielle, what a dramatic and traumatic thing for DD (and you guys) to have to deal with. I have the feeling it is so much harder growing up now than it was 30 years ago when I was that age. Which was hard enough! DD sounds like a very well adjusted and composed young woman. Congratulations on raising such an amazing kid!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #1676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Unbelievable! Your poor DD. I hope this is the end of it, that fast turn around apology...better be sincere. At least the other girl knows that DD will speak out and she'd be smart to just stay clear. Anything that happens is going to come straight back to her. Really sorry she has to deal with punks. Here in our school district, the punk would have been suspended just for threatening your daughter on Face Book.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #1677
Blabbermouth!!!

Unfortunately because it was done on social media they can't do anything--but because she did it during school hours when she *is* in fact, still in school, gave them reason to haul her in and notate it in her file.. She openly volunteered to take the post down. The entire thing tho did go into her file, so it's there. Asst principal flat out told her if ANYTHING happens to DD it would come straight back to her and any one little deviation from flying straight whether it be disruptions in class, questionable drug use, etc.. she WAS going to face expulsion. She said she understood crystal clear and stated it was the very last thing she wanted, that she truly wants to graduate and head to college next fall--something about a tradition with family..everyone's graduated from that high school and all from ASU? Oh, and apparently, she bawled like a baby in front of DD.. DD said it was little unnerving because she was sobbing very loudly Poor girl, I do feel alittle bit...life has gotta be hard for teenagers, and especially if she's got a rougher home life than most. BUT, that does not give her the right to come after who ever she wants and do whatever and not own her actions. The asst. principal did call me after everything that happened and said this girl did everything voluntarily he didn't navigate her towards anything. Her parents were also called and told that she is 1 step away from expulsion. The asst. principal was appalled when DD told him how this girl has pretty much been nasty to her from the first day of school. I texted her a bit ago, she said everything was fine today so I guess that's good.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #1678
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, and DD told her that she was not afraid of her. There was no reason to be because she doesn't know her. At all. DD asked her why she felt the need to judge so harshly when the 2 didn't even know eachother. This girl had no answers. DD said, I refuse to give you power over me, this is MY school too and I deserve to be here to learn and get the grades I have worked so hard to earn over the course of these 4 years.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #1679
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You said a mouthful there, girl! Seriously though, what do these parents do with their kids?? How do you NOT know what your kids are up to????
I completely agree with you on this. RUMORS at DD11's school is a girl in 7th grade has had SEX already. This girl is one that walks/roams our neighborhood all the time on her own or with BOYS! When I see her, I say to DH, never would I allow that....the rumors don't surprise me. At 7th grade, why would her parents allow this????
Old 09-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #1680
Big Yapper!!!!

That girl at school sounds like a real WINNER! I am sure parents are totally PROUD!!
Closed Thread