Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 04:14 AM   #1621
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Dani, you are on a great path to success!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #1622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Old 09-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #1623
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Thank you Gail & Blonde! I don't know what I would do without my girls here, I love you all so much!

So, had to get on the scale today..

254.2 *le sigh*

I am a long way off from where I was just a few short months ago. How is it even possible for me to have gained that much weight so quickly!!! I know for a fact that I haven't eaten the amount of calories that it takes to gain pounds like this..my stomach hasn't allowed for it with all the weird bloating going on..

All I can do is get up and keep trying. I refuse to believe that I am supposed to be this size. I refuse to believe that I am relegated to a life full of aches & pains.

Headed to the grocery in a little while to begin my prep work for my week. This should be interesting!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 09-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #1624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know it sucks but you know what? You are not what you weigh! Have a great grocery trip, get the stuff that will make you healthier. I did that this morning, very early.

What does it take to keep motivation going? Just talking out loud, here. I don't get why sometimes I feel unstoppable and other times I feel hopeless and helpless to help myself. Am I so moody that I can't control my feelings?

Glad you are my friend, maybe we can figure this out.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #1625
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I know it sucks but you know what? You are not what you weigh! Have a great grocery trip, get the stuff that will make you healthier. I did that this morning, very early.

What does it take to keep motivation going? Just talking out loud, here. I don't get why sometimes I feel unstoppable and other times I feel hopeless and helpless to help myself. Am I so moody that I can't control my feelings?

Glad you are my friend, maybe we can figure this out.
YES, it does suck. Big time! Such an ugly number, I am so determined to get as far away from that as I can. I am miserable.

Remind me to NEVER, EVER go to the grocery store in the afternoon on a Sunday!!! Good freakin grief with all the people! Made it really hard to concentrate when every 5 seconds I have to dodge a cart or someone trying to get into a fridge After awhile I was sorta just hucking stuff into the cart and telling myself I'll figure out later what to do with it LOL It's all on the acceptable food list so I know I'm ok..I may just be eating totally random stuff for the next few days, but that's ok

I dunno about the burts of motivation. It's something I am still trying to figure out, myself. I know that I haven't felt *this* type of motivation in a long while...the kind that comes with no dread, no fear, whatsoever.. the last few times I've begun anew it's come with a healthy dose of trepidation or some sort of fear that usually I end up tripping all over myself.. this time I've just sort've jumped in and said, ok, it's time to start swimming.

Glad we're in this together, I don't know what I'd do without you here with me
Old 09-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #1626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Dani! Just stopping by to give and .

Have a great day!!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #1627
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
YOu can do this girl! DO it for yourself, as you are worth it! Don't focus on the number, remember, you are NOT a number! Just look at it as a starting point!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #1628
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm so glad you're feeling that motivation feeling. It's so crucial! I agree with you about the grocery store! I almost never go on the weekend if I can help it, and if I do I go EARLY before everyone gets there. I'd rather dodge employees stocking shelves than obnoxious people having a fight on their cellphone blocking an entire aisle and refusing to move!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #1629
Blabbermouth!!!

Day 1 is off to a great start so far. It's been interesting to see where my thought process *has* to go to instead of where it was before with bad foods, etc.. my first thought this morning was one of dread just thinking about feeling so poorly and eating badly...then I remembered that we're not on that train anymore..my mood perked up ALOT.

I will have to get used to the idea of eating within 30 min. of waking.. new concept to me. That gives me just enough time to get DD to school and get back in time to sit down to something quickly.. I am finding right now ATM, that by eating that first meal first thing this morning...I am HUNGRY right now.. guess it woke up my metabolism? Interesting indeed!

Playing catch up with housework that I should've done this weekend instead of going to the movies and shopping I wish I could say that the weather has cooled.. I'm so sick & tired of hot weather...even some rain would be good right about now. *sigh* can't have everything, can we?

alrighty, well I guess I should get going and do the things I said I would today..
Old 09-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #1630
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/212/180
Take that motivation and run with it, Danielle!

I wish my motivation would kick in as I lose weight--it seems that every time I hit a mini-goal, it tends to go away, and I struggle to keep the momentum. (Which is why I'm not in Onederland anymore, and why my weight yo-yos so much. For some reason, I talk myself into thinking the weight won't creep back so soon....but we know how untrue that can be.) Grr.

We're all with ya, D! Enjoy your day!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #1631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
So glad to hear that Day 1 is going well for you!

One choice at a time...try to "talk" to yourself like you would a friend. We're all here for you b/c we're all on our own journeys.

Have a great rest of the day!
Old 09-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #1632
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Take that motivation and run with it, Danielle!

I wish my motivation would kick in as I lose weight--it seems that every time I hit a mini-goal, it tends to go away, and I struggle to keep the momentum. (Which is why I'm not in Onederland anymore, and why my weight yo-yos so much. For some reason, I talk myself into thinking the weight won't creep back so soon....but we know how untrue that can be.) Grr.

We're all with ya, D! Enjoy your day!
I struggle with the same thing... I get content somewhere that it's "ok" and the before I know it, all the weight's come back Running with the motivation and crossing my fingers that I can remember that feeling when it wanes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
So glad to hear that Day 1 is going well for you!

One choice at a time...try to "talk" to yourself like you would a friend. We're all here for you b/c we're all on our own journeys.

Have a great rest of the day!
I'm realizing I can't look too far ahead or I get way overwhelmed. I'm even breaking down my goals into small ones because right now the big picture is just too daunting.

Welp, the day's half over and so far so good! 3 meals under my belt and I gotta say, I feel really good. The meals aren't huge and man, it's shocking to weigh out stuff and realize just how much extra you were eating! No wonder!! Definitely a new lesson in portion control!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #1633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
I am the same way! Everytime my weight gets below 170 for some reason I think, I'm in the clear. Then I blink and I am at 174 AGAIN!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:08 AM   #1634

OH I am certain you are right. The EYE Balling it, guesstimating is probably 100-200c more each day then we think!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #1635
Major LCF Poster!

WTG on your success yesterday! Now you've got that 1st day under your belt, it's that much easier.

I definitely agree re: the portion sizes...It's funny b/c sometimes I'll still try to eat everything on my plate when we go out to eat, but it's just physically impossible now! My stomach can't hold as much or either my "Hey, I'm FULL!" signal is starting to work better. I ate wayyyy too fast before, and that was part of my problem.

Have a GREAT day, Dani!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #1636
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning my friend!! Happy Tuesday!

Really glad your first day went so well! I know the feeling of waking up and feeling better about 'everything'. One day at a time. I think weighing and measuring is good idea and I too try to do that as much as possible (with stuff that counts) like fats. nuts and proteins etc. I never measure salad greens or LC veggies like broccoli or cauliflower or green beans, I figure the more of that I eat, the less room I'll have for the other stuff.

Good on ya!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #1637
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Tuesday!! Thanks for visiting ladies!!!

Blonde~ no I'm not measuring or counting veggies..I usually get quite full very quickly with them so I don't bother.. I do HAVE to watch my protein tho', because I can eat a ton

------------------
I slept like a rock last night! Day 1 was a total success and I went to bed by 10 absolutely ready for bed and good sleep. I did not move until 7 this morning when I had to get up to take DD to school. I'm still having to force that first meal of the day, thank goodness I'm only doing some greek yogurt w/ some fruit..I dunno that I could handle much else so soon after waking up!

It's a high carb day. Never thought I'd be excited for some fruit I really want my coffee but I'm trying to detox from it and see if it makes a difference on the scale.. I have to lose 10lbs in order to meet my 4% goal for the next 4 weeks!!! I haven't lost that amount in a month since I first found Atkins, and that was a million years ago I am praying like nobody's business that this carb cycling will help me get there!!!

DH is off today...I wonder what he's got planned
I am SO done with the hot weather... it was 91 outside when i took DD to school at 7 this morning...

Have a great day, ladies!!♥
Old 09-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #1638
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hi friend!

Will be watching with great interest as you carb-cycle. And oh the heat here too. GAG ME! Might get some rain by Friday and if we do, I am going out and dancing it. Fully clothed, of course.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #1639
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
It sounds like you're off to a great start. And you're just in time to enjoy the end of the summer fruits that are still wonderful. I've been enjoying peaches - they're still so good and really cheap right now.

This heat SUCKS! I'm so done with summer. I think it's supposed to be cooler in about a week. I'm counting on it, and if the forecast is wrong I want my money back!
Old 09-18-2013, 12:50 AM   #1640
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Sounds like you're really getting stuck into this new woe eating Danielle.
Here's hoping you have every success.

I know what you mean about gaining when you're supposed to be losing, I've been on here & seriousley trying to lose weight since the beginning of April and I've GAINED 14 lbs!!!!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #1641
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, Danielle. Happy Hump Dayyyyyy! *Geico camel voice*

I think the carb cycling is a good idea -- you will probably drop water weight fairly quickly, so that's a plus!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #1642

How did yesterday go??? Plan seem doable?
Old 09-18-2013, 06:54 AM   #1643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Sunshine!!

Happy Wednesday (I may never use the term Hump Day, again)

How's your morning? When you say 'higher carb' day, what does that mean?

I'm so happy you got good sleep on Monday! That's a really good sign. Any food program that makes sleep better is A+.

Whatcha got goin' on today? I'm all over the place....
Old 09-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #1644
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hi friend!

Will be watching with great interest as you carb-cycle. And oh the heat here too. GAG ME! Might get some rain by Friday and if we do, I am going out and dancing it. Fully clothed, of course.

Hi Laura!

At first it's very intimidating (at least to me) but if you can prep ahead that makes everything so much easier!

Man, dance in it for me too! I would love some more rain here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
It sounds like you're off to a great start. And you're just in time to enjoy the end of the summer fruits that are still wonderful. I've been enjoying peaches - they're still so good and really cheap right now.

This heat SUCKS! I'm so done with summer. I think it's supposed to be cooler in about a week. I'm counting on it, and if the forecast is wrong I want my money back!
Loving the fruit! The weather is totally redic and I'm over it already!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Sounds like you're really getting stuck into this new woe eating Danielle.
Here's hoping you have every success.

I know what you mean about gaining when you're supposed to be losing, I've been on here & seriousley trying to lose weight since the beginning of April and I've GAINED 14 lbs!!!!
Thanks Gina! Don't worry, you will get the "extra" lost before you know it, honey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Good morning, Danielle. Happy Hump Dayyyyyy! *Geico camel voice*

I think the carb cycling is a good idea -- you will probably drop water weight fairly quickly, so that's a plus!
When I hear the Geico camel voice, all I can think is that it's Cliff from Cheers I don't think it is, but it sure does sound like him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
How did yesterday go??? Plan seem doable?
Definitely doable! First time in a long time that I feel like I can actually do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Good Morning Sunshine!!

Happy Wednesday (I may never use the term Hump Day, again)

How's your morning? When you say 'higher carb' day, what does that mean?

I'm so happy you got good sleep on Monday! That's a really good sign. Any food program that makes sleep better is A+.

Whatcha got goin' on today? I'm all over the place....
High carb days= 6 meals of protein/carbs/veggies = 1500 cals. On Low carb days= 6 meals of protein/fat/veggies = 1200 cals.

If I had to choose one word as to how I'm feeling, it'd be EMPOWERED.

I feel like I learned some new things that are absolutely agreeable with my body and what my body needs at this point & time. I have tried doing straight LC, very Atkins-eque, JUDDD, calorie counting, and nothing has made me feel like this. I just feel like I'm getting the right combo of what I need and what I actually really like. And I'm the one making it happen. I'm the one making the choices. I'm the one making the effort and putting in time. I think what I love is that I BELIEVE that I deserve this. ♥

So another great night of sleep. I still hit "the wall" around 4pm where I get super sleepy.. it started yesterday and I made a point to get up and do stuff around the house rather than sit and let myself get tired. It seemed to help.

I managed to stick to plan despite being out for most of the afternoon.. I got a great salad out. It felt good to be in control. Another gallon of water down the hatch and I swear I was worried I'd be up all night to the potty.. thankfully it was only twice

I wrote this over on Blonde's journal. Thought I'd put it here because it is all the things I like about what I'm doing now:

The plan is interesting. I am still learning. There is much to read about and get used to, but I'm actually excited about it this time instead of dreading it.
What I love about it?....let's see.... Well, I love that my aches and pains are nearly almost gone.. YES, after 2 days. I love that I am NEVER hungry--6 meals a day will do that to ya! I love that I get every other day to enjoy the things I love...LC days = HB eggs, cheese, etc.. HC days = fruit, fruit & fruit...oh, and fruit....and of course there's pasta, corn tortillas, etc..
I love that I am sleeping way better than before & waking up feeling rested. I love that this feels like something I can do forever. I love that my belly is no longer so bloated that I had a hard time catching my breathe. I love that once a week I can actually eat whatever I want if I want to. I love that I feel like I'm getting the best of both worlds in terms of LC & HC.. just can't do it every day...makes sense to me!

OH! And I got on the scale today, and I'm down exactly 4 pounds!
It's probably just water, but I'll tell ya, I haven't been able to lose that much *WATER* at the start of any plan for a verrryyy long time. It's nice to see my work being paid off nearly instantly. I was worried too, because I feel like I literally eat alllllllll day long! My thoughts as I got on the scale were, there's no way I'm gonna show a loss, I've eaten SO much. Surprise!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #1645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

4lbs down!

YAY!!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #1646
Blabbermouth!!!

Phew! I didn't think I'd find time this afternoon to get in here, it's been kinda nutty over here.

I'm on Day 4 and doing well. Scale moved a smidge more this morning. Down -.8. I'll take it!! My head is still really freaked out about eating all that food all day long, so the scale is kinda important to me right now At least until I get comfortable with everything. As Chris keeps saying, "trust the process"....well, I'm trying! I really am.

Feeling alittle melancholy today. Today would have been my dad's birthday. Kinda caught me off guard when I realized what the date was. Nothing I can't work through, just sorta dredges up old wounds that I am working hard to heal and keep moving forward.

The ache in my toes & bottoms of my feet is nearly all gone. There is still a twinge every now & then, but nothing like what was happening. I went to bed agonizing, and then woke up feeling the same, or sometimes even worse. My skin is also clearing up. The dark patch I get on my cheek when I'm eating whatever is slowly disappearing. And of course, the sleep is getting better and I'm waking up feeling really good. Amazing stuff!!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #1647
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! Glad to hear about all these little progress reports & successes already...that's great news!

I understand the melancholy re: your dad's b-day -- be kind to yourself today! *Hugs*
Old 09-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #1648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning D~

SO glad your aches and pains are subsiding! You're doing great, one day at a time! It is hard sometimes to trust the process but if you're feeling well then you know you must be on the right track.

I hear you on the birthday thing. I'm so sorry for your loss. Grief comes at weird times, when you least expect it. My Mom would have been 83 next Thursday (26th). She died when she was 59...on my birthday (Jan 11th). It took years to have a birthday that was anything but my Mom's death-date, then it was suddenly 'okay' and not the first thing I thought of upon awakening on my birthday. It will get fainter with time (not necessarily easier) but it won't hurt so much.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 09-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #1649
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you both, Jayce & Blonde It was a hard day but I hung in there. I have promises to myself that I HAVE to keep. Still a little lingering sadness but I will keep moving forward.

So I think I am going to use Friday's as my end of the week weigh-in because Friday's will be my "free day".. First of all, I don't intend to have a free-for-all all day long. I plan to do strict LC all day until this evening for dinner. Technically Chris suggests to keep your extra calories in the early parts of your day so you have more of a chance of burning some of it off... so, what I'll do is see how this weekend goes and how it affects the scale..if it's bad, then I'll change things up somehow.

With all that said; I have lost a total of 5.6 lbs in the 4 days that I have been carb cycling. I am so happy to see those "50's" in my rearview mirror! I get to move another stone into my goal jar today....this makes me

Last night I was out like a light by 9pm. On the couch. Out cold. DH apparently had a heckuva time waking me up to go up to bed. I don't even remember going up or getting ready for bed, at all. I went right back to sleep and woke up promptly at 6:45 this morning.

Blonde, today I feel virtually no aches in my toes at all. My hands hurt a little bit but i don't know that there's anything to help them, they've hurt for so long now. Feels good not to wake up already hobbling!

I only have about 4.6 lbs to lose for my challenge that ends Oct 13... it's exciting to think that I may just do it!

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend??
You know me...movies movies movies when there's something good to see. Prisoners tonight, and then tomorrow night, Thanks For Sharing----it has my lovely girl crush Ms Alecia Moore (aka P!nk) in it!!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #1650
Blabbermouth!!!

Feeling confident...

I survived the movies this afternoon without feeling like I was missing out on anything, or craving anything. On a whim went to see The Great Gatsby this afternoon....it was free. Loved the movie and left feeling very satisfied that I stuck with my promise and drank my water and kept my hands out of any popcorn OR candy

Tonight we're going to the movies.. (yes, twice in 1 day )... I may or may not decide to partake in a couple handfuls of popcorn...I will wait and see how I'm feeling after dinner. Today's been all lc and lowered my fat a bit so I have some wiggle room with calories tonight.

Feels so good to be holding myself accountable and not making excuses for wanting things I shouldn't at the wrong times. Score one for me!
Closed Thread