Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #1591
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hi Gina! Yep, doing lc again. I believe it's what I've gotta do in order to actually feel good.
----------------------

Yesterday was a stellar day food wise! I kept to all low carb things and went to sleep like a baby. One thing that kinda bums me out tho.....brussel sprouts give me terrible heartburn Always thought it was all the *other* food I was eating when not low carbing....but had them last night and OMG... So weird! Way bummed because I love them roasted

DD19 is doing well with her GF eating. She's been going to the gym and drinking a ton of water. I do believe she is starting to feel better
DD17 is still in the throes of misearble gluten eating...I feel so bad for her. I can certainly relate now that I started taking a good, hard look at how I'd been feeling.

Taking measurements and pictures this weekend. Not entirely thrilled with that but know that it's important for progress & comparison.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #1592
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Woot Woot for your great choices yesterday!!!! You're gonna get that momentum swinging in your favor -- just watch!

I know that raw broccoli tends to give me heartburn. I also try to avoid raw onions in salads...cooked onions don't seem to bother me, though.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #1593
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Woot Woot for your great choices yesterday!!!! You're gonna get that momentum swinging in your favor -- just watch!

I know that raw broccoli tends to give me heartburn. I also try to avoid raw onions in salads...cooked onions don't seem to bother me, though.
Thanks, hon! It feels good to finally be on track. I think I finally just got super tired of feeling sick. I don't think I've ever hit a bottom like this before. This experience was nothing I've ever gone through when I've gone off track before. I dunno if it has anything to do with all the extra drama too, but I'm not willing to find out at this point

raw onions give me major heartburn too and broccoli just bloats me into oblivion Just really sucks to have issues with brussel sprouts cause I am picky about veggies to begin with!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:11 AM   #1594
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Thanks, hon! It feels good to finally be on track. I think I finally just got super tired of feeling sick. I don't think I've ever hit a bottom like this before. This experience was nothing I've ever gone through when I've gone off track before. I dunno if it has anything to do with all the extra drama too, but I'm not willing to find out at this point

raw onions give me major heartburn too and broccoli just bloats me into oblivion Just really sucks to have issues with brussel sprouts cause I am picky about veggies to begin with!
I get what you mean about being "tired of feeling sick." I know that I feel like I just "existed" day-to-day, kind of just grabbing whatever, not being conscious of my choices at all, and just downright feeling lazy, fatigued, bloated, etc.. I want to feel more ALIVE, and I think my eating habits have a ton to do with that!

I like broccoli a lot, so it sucks about the indigestion -- I've tried Beano, and I didn't notice a difference. Lol. I know what you mean about being bummed about the brussel sprouts -- I love the small ones roasted or sauteed! They have a great flavor when cooked the right way.

It might be worth researching supplements to see if you can find something to help!

Hope you have a great Friday, love.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 08-16-2013 at 05:12 AM..
Old 08-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #1595
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
So has your older daughter gone GF? When does your younger daughter get her test results back?
Old 08-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #1596
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I get what you mean about being "tired of feeling sick." I know that I feel like I just "existed" day-to-day, kind of just grabbing whatever, not being conscious of my choices at all, and just downright feeling lazy, fatigued, bloated, etc.. I want to feel more ALIVE, and I think my eating habits have a ton to do with that!

I like broccoli a lot, so it sucks about the indigestion -- I've tried Beano, and I didn't notice a difference. Lol. I know what you mean about being bummed about the brussel sprouts -- I love the small ones roasted or sauteed! They have a great flavor when cooked the right way.

It might be worth researching supplements to see if you can find something to help!

Hope you have a great Friday, love.
I hadn't thought of supplements to help. Thanks for the idea! Roasted brussels are my fave I don't get into the "mush" texture for veggies so my oven is often times my friend for veggies

The just existing thing is so debilitating...it's an evil cycle that is never ending until you consciously find the strength to jump off and go the other way. It was getting pretty awful waking up nearly every morning and feeling like death warmed over. I attribute almost everything I felt to how I was eating--crazy how what we eat can seriously keep us sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
So has your older daughter gone GF? When does your younger daughter get her test results back?
Yes she has! She has always had stomach issues and I've tried convincing her for years--since I first found lc--to switch to a lc lifestyle...she's finally hit a bottom I think and was ready to try anything to feel better. She's eating just like her sister and seems to have found peace. I don't believe she's got a gluten issue per se, but more of an insulin issue..so she's more lc than her sis, but it's working! DD17--still waiting on labs.. they tested for a lot of stuff and said it could be a couple weeks.
-------------------------

Another good day yesterday. I feel my energy starting to perk up a bit....I am so grateful for that! Sleep was better last night--deep sleep. Had a small craving for "sweet" yesterday out of nowhere...nuthin a tsp of peanut butter didnt fix which was a relief.

Date night tonight. It's been a long week and relieved that the weekend is here!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #1597
Blabbermouth!!!

Just an "ok" day yesterday. I did partake in some chips&guac while out to dinner..other than that it was good. Today is turning out to be a way wonky day which started at the buttcrack of dawn with having to run DD17 to get placement testing done for a dual enrollment class she opted into at the last second. Missed breakfast and lunch will be quick & on the go as I deal with getting both girls to respective jobs and me hitting the grocery, as well as a few other places.. Not how I wanted the day to start--I hate missing breakfast, but I'll get through it.

I've had the most horrendous legs cramps the last few days and last night right before we went to dinner my right foot decided to completely cramp up altogether...my toes got kinda puffy and weird and were going all sorts of directions. I even had cramps in the top & bottom of my foot...it was all very icky and painful. It proceeded to do it 2 more times before I got to go to bed and swigged down some potassium in a vain effort to calm my muscles and nerves... Oye vey...it was like something out of an I Love Lucy episode with me hobbling around and nearly falling over more than once cause the pain was so bad

Anywho, time to get going...mom's taxi is open for business!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #1598
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/206/180
Hiya Dani....I have a big thing for brussels sprouts--I can eat a whole bag in one sitting. Roasting them is the best!

Hope you've gotten over those foot cramps by now....doesn't sound too fun. I have calcium build-up on the backs of my heels (dr says that wearing high heels almost every day for 20 years is a major contributor...) I hobble around every morning, and after sitting for a period of time because it's so painful to walk normal. Would love to have surgery to remove them but don't want to be off work for 10 weeks. So take care of those dogs any way you can.

Hopeful that tracking my progress will keep me focused! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journal.html
Old 08-27-2013, 06:07 AM   #1599

MISSING YOU GIRL!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #1600

I wanted to let you know, your DD was right. Thus far DS14 is finding that high school is a HUGE improvement from Middle School! He is in with the crowd that is more like him. Debate and academic type stuff. THanks
Old 08-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #1601
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Dani...how's everything in your neck of the woods? Hope your kids are off to a great school year so far.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #1602
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey girls! Thanks for checkin on me

Monica, I am thrilled to hear that DS is enjoying hs so far. It is such a transition but often a much more positive one just by the fact that there is more student body...a chance to meet more like-minded peeps like he has! DD17 is just over it, period. She's got literally 3 classes and is out by 10:30 every day...she's ready to be done with hs and wants college to hurry up. Mom on the other hand is finding that she's not wanting things to move quite that fast!

Jayce, kiddos are doing well. DS finally started classes last week. DD19 isn't in school this semester and is just working- she may be the one to give me a heart attack she stresses me out!

Tonight going to a concert with DH..should be fun! Weather has been monsoon-ish and just praying that the rain stays away while we're on the road at least!

Getting back on the horse--thank god do-overs are free!
I am going to try and attempt Chris Powell's plan. I think it's actually what I need...strict and something that forces me to plan and think ahead. Praying this is what gets me going and feeling better.

I'll be around this weeked and I'll write more about my thoughts on all of this...right now time to get going and finish getting ready but wanted to pop in and say hey and that I am still alive!
Old 09-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #1603
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Dani, hope you are having a great long weekend. I am so sorry to hear about your health issues but it sounds like you are getting better and better.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #1604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hi Danielle

Hope you've had a great weekend.
How's the new plan working out for you? x
Old 09-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #1605

Quote:
Monica, I am thrilled to hear that DS is enjoying hs so far. It is such a transition but often a much more positive one just by the fact that there is more student body...a chance to meet more like-minded peeps like he has! DD17 is just over it, period. She's got literally 3 classes and is out by 10:30 every day...she's ready to be done with hs and wants college to hurry up. Mom on the other hand is finding that she's not wanting things to move quite that fast!
Danielle, I know that is how DS14 will be his senior year. He is filling his schedule full of required classes with very few electives. Plus if he continues with his current "friend Base" they all graduate a year ahead of him. Depending on how things go, he may opt to graduate a year early! That scares me horribly! Tell your DD17 THANK YOU From me. Her advice was DEAD ON FOR US!
Old 09-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #1606
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Dani, hope you are having a great long weekend. I am so sorry to hear about your health issues but it sounds like you are getting better and better.
Hi Gail! Yeah, I'm kinda over making myself sick Time to pick myself up and give myself a swift kick in the tush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Hi Danielle

Hope you've had a great weekend.
How's the new plan working out for you? x
Hi Gina! I haven't actually started anything yet...just small steps for the moment. Too many other things going on, but now it seems the world is slowing a bit for me to get myself on track.

Quote:
Danielle, I know that is how DS14 will be his senior year. He is filling his schedule full of required classes with very few electives. Plus if he continues with his current "friend Base" they all graduate a year ahead of him. Depending on how things go, he may opt to graduate a year early! That scares me horribly! Tell your DD17 THANK YOU From me. Her advice was DEAD ON FOR US!
Right now DD is in a dual-enrollment English class. She was quite excited at the idea that the kids enrolled would actually be there to learn since they all had to pay college tuition prices for the class. Nope, no such luck. This girl practically crawls out of her skin at the idea of having to spend any more time than necessary with these people She just keeps focusing on the end result and the abundance of college mail she keeps getting from colleges near & far.. eye on the price, that girl!

--------------------------------
So I got one of those Jawbone UP trackers for my birthday. I absolutely love it! It even tracks my sleep which will be interesting because I'm convinced that I spend a good portion of my night actually AWAKE!

For the first time I am actually kinda excited about getting back on track and not dreading it or dragging my feet for a change. In the meantime I've been concentrating on smaller things, like making sure I get in all my water, eliminating soda, and just getting in some sort of movement.

I can't believe September is here! Only 3 more months and Xmas will be here. This year has flown by and I get kinda down when I think about how much more time I've wasted. Things have definitely not gone the way I'd planned them, that's for sure! Time to just suck it up, keep moving and not look back. I do want more for myself, more for my health! It's up to me to make the most of the last 4 months of the year and see what happens!!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #1607

Danielle you are describing DS14 to a T . He was just telling me yesterday of a program at the high school called AVID, it allows students to take the advanced classes but then helps them with the homework so they have less of it to do on their own. DS14 was like, WTH is the point of that. If you don't want the extra work, don't take the advanced classes!!!!! He has ZERO tolerance for that stuff.

Happy LATE Birthday girl! SOrry I missed your special day!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #1608
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm glad things are calming down a bit for you Danielle. It will surely make focusing on yourself a bit easier. I'm so glad we're almost through with the hottest part of the summer (although the last couple of days have been AWFUL). Somehow for me, everything gets easier when summer eases off a bit.

When was your birthday? I hope it was a great day, and your Jawbone UP sounds pretty cool.

Good luck on your diet challenge! I think 4 weeks is perfect. It'll get you into the swing without too much pressure and too long a road to look ahead to. If you had told me in January 2012 that I'd still be 50 pounds from goal today, I'd have hurled myself off the nearest cliff. I just can't look that far ahead. Head down, week by week, day by day, hour by hour.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #1609
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Just stopping by to say Hi Danielle!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #1610
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Danielle you are describing DS14 to a T . He was just telling me yesterday of a program at the high school called AVID, it allows students to take the advanced classes but then helps them with the homework so they have less of it to do on their own. DS14 was like, WTH is the point of that. If you don't want the extra work, don't take the advanced classes!!!!! He has ZERO tolerance for that stuff.

Happy LATE Birthday girl! SOrry I missed your special day!
I, for one, will be very glad when she's done with hs! It gets exhausting sometimes just listening to what she's gotta deal with..jealousy is such an ugly thing on people...especially this catty little teenage girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I'm glad things are calming down a bit for you Danielle. It will surely make focusing on yourself a bit easier. I'm so glad we're almost through with the hottest part of the summer (although the last couple of days have been AWFUL). Somehow for me, everything gets easier when summer eases off a bit.

When was your birthday? I hope it was a great day, and your Jawbone UP sounds pretty cool.

Good luck on your diet challenge! I think 4 weeks is perfect. It'll get you into the swing without too much pressure and too long a road to look ahead to. If you had told me in January 2012 that I'd still be 50 pounds from goal today, I'd have hurled myself off the nearest cliff. I just can't look that far ahead. Head down, week by week, day by day, hour by hour.
My b-day was Monday. It was a very nice day! Yes, the UP is really cool..about the only thing I don't like is there isn't a way to track weight lost--kinda wanted to keep everything together, ya know? Other than that it's a pretty nifty tool!

Don't get me started on this weather. I am so over it!!!!

You have done SO well this year, it's been amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post
Just stopping by to say Hi Danielle!
Hey Stranger!!!! How are you? Please tell me you're gonna come back and post!! It's been very quiet here and actually quite boring...I need someone to keep me company!!
-------------------------------
Things are pretty quiet around here.. just plugging along getting my stuff together so that I can begin this new challenge I got going without any issue.. really looking forward to regaining some new energy and mental clarity.

I feel like I am ready. Really ready. For a long while now I've found myself growing more restless and disenchanted with the idea of living in denial. Trying to convince myself that I'm ok like this, that I don't care what I eat...when, truth is, I really truly honestly do care about what I'm putting into my body, and certainly NOT ok with how much I weigh. It's come to the point that I literally dread having to think about meals or eating. Mainly because in all reality, I don't even like how food tastes anymore. All the carby, fried, bad-for-me food doesn't even taste good! Therefore, I believe, that I have really hit a bottom of sorts and I am miserable here at the bottom. Only way to go now, is up. I'm ready to help myself. I haven't felt true true motivation in a really really long time. I'm going to only try and focus on small increments of weight instead of the entire thing...it gets too overwhelming. I also want to focus on other successes instead of just the scale, whether it be fitness or clothing.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #1611
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Dani, your attitude is GREAT! And as a fellow Virgo, I can tell you that it is always wise to start new and fresh right around the time of your birthday -- that is the truly the start of your new year, not January 1. Right now, you have a blast of good focused energy coming your way so that will set you on the right course!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #1612

It's Friday girl. Plans for the weekend?? going to the movies???
Old 09-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #1613
Major LCF Poster!

Happy belated birthday, sunshine! That Jawbone UP band looked pretty cool...I have been debating / researching various devices.

Hope your Friday is going great! So glad you're ready to jump back in it!
Old 09-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #1614
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
You know me....Im here and there! lol....

No but seriously, I need to research a plan that I can better adhere to. As of lately I haven't been able to stick to this woe for more then a few weeks. I'll show progress and then just pooof, go off plan. Like for instance, for the last few days I've done well and tonight I went and bought a Mcdonalds dipped cone.

I wholeheartedly agree to what you mentioned above regarding foods not tasting good at all. I have literally eaten to the point where nothing looks good or sounds good. Actually the thought of even eating period is revolting lately.

Factor in this dreadful heat and smothering humidity we are having here in southern california and the thought of any cooking or hot foods gross me out.

Perhaps we can go in on a challenge together to get back on track. Using each other as support and motivation to get going.

You know that breaking point where you're just tired of being tired and that seemingly dead end circle, Ya....I'm there right now. I know I could definitely use the support right about now too.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:34 AM   #1615

How was your weekend girl?
Old 09-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #1616
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/206/180
Drive-by hugs for ya, Danielle!! Hope you're doing well--and belated happy birthday!

....do-overs.....Yes, count one of those buggers in for me too. Back on my one-meal-a-day plan tomorrow!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #1617
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Lisa!

It's the weekend! It's been a long long week and I'm ready.

For the first time in a really long time I feel like there's some positivity going on in the weight loss dept. I feel excited and motivated to begin again and to try my hardest to make things work. I am ready for Monday!

This weekend I'll work on menus and prepping in the kitchen. I cleaned out cupboards this morning and that felt really really good!

Determined to make the most of this last part of the year and see where I can end up. ♥
Old 09-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #1618

YOU will do GREAT!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #1619
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
You've got this D! Cleaning out the supplies is a great idea and a fresh start.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #1620
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks girls!

Crazy that I've been away from this for a couple months...boy, time has certainly passed quickly. Those few months feel like I've been held under water for a long time and have struggled to come up for air. Such a relief to feel the air in my lungs (so to speak) and be able to reassess (sp?) and get moving. Never have I felt this awful...boy, and I always thought I *knew* what awful felt like before..
Closed Thread