Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #1561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good to see you back here Dani! You've been sorely missed. Let us help comfort you. Wishing you peace as well.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #1562
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBelly
Stats: 239/219/195
WOE: deb's low glycemic carb based on Atkins & S Beach
Start Date: 5/13/2013

There you are! We missed you on the daily weigh-in post.
Sorry to hear your lost. I know how that is I just went through it.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #1563
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
How was your weekend?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #1564
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I *think* I'm ready. Not entirely sure but I'm getting restless and feeling ick.
One thing would be to completely understand that Cheeto's are NOT a major food group!

Weather here has been super oogie. Humidity is not done well by desert dwellers We've had some rain but not enough to finally get rid of the humid air just hanging around.

Took DD17 (she just turned 17!!) to get her senior portraits.. OMG, I cannot believe the baby is nearly done She's getting ready to go back to school in a couple weeks.. big change for her; she'll go half-day and probably work a little more this year..I think she's excited to nearly be done with high school..the girl is absolutely ready to be a college student.

I am tossing around the idea of going low carb again. Part of me is fighting it because I know it's going to be harder around here.. *sigh*..what to do....what to do... I just want to feel better, cause right now I just do not feel like myself. Digging myself out of the hole I'm sure I'm in scale-wise...that is NOT going to be fun..but it is what it is and it needs to be done. Like I said, I just feel blah and I want energy and less aches & pains.
DD17's gastro appt. is next week...after that visit we may not have a choice as to how the doc expects this family to eat.. may be easier that way in dealing with hubby The man likes what he likes, and yeah, I get that...but he really doesn't get (as much as he truly tries to!) how hard weight loss is for me right now.. So much working against me, mainly my hormones, I believe. So frustrating.

But. I gotta try. I have to feel like I'm trying to make a difference, to change.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 07-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #1565
Big Yapper!!!!

Nice to see you girl! Happy birthday to DD17!!!! Thinking about her for her appointment next week
Old 07-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #1566
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/211/180
Start Date: Restart 1-18-14
Heya D!

I can feel your frustration...I'm a "tweaker" and it seems that I do it too often because I'm not patient enough to wait for small-but-sure results. I've revamped my Fast-5 to a smaller window, meaning I get to eat one big meal a day and that's it. I gave myself 6 months to stick to it! In my 2nd week I'm finally feeling like I'm making progress. I think it really helps to take it day by day, which is what I am focusing on.

I know you'll get this down. However you choose to do it. You'll do it.

Hopeful that tracking my progress will keep me focused! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journal.html
Old 07-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #1567
Big Yapper!!!!

How are you girl??? Missing you
Old 07-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #1568
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211.7 (To beat last low)
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hi, Dani...just stopping by to give you a virtual *hug*.

Hope all's ok on your end of things!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #1569
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for checkin on me, girls!

I am back! Slowly getting back on track and striving for lc living. Trying to go back to how I did this before...DH is resisting some and that worries me..especially cause DD18 has started recently with GF eating. She has complained of stomach aches for the last couple weeks and just isn't feeling right. She also had started back to working out and eating the way she was before (high carb) she said she just didn't have alot of energy and felt puffy and bloaty. Interesting indeed. So she's jumped on her sister's wagon and is attempting to walk-the-walk. Fingers crossed.

DD17 had her gastro appt. Discussed her issues and what happens when she goes back to gluten, etc.. did bloodwork for celiac, allergies, etc.. The plan for now is going back in another 6 weeks unless bloodwork comes back positive with something, then we go in sooner.. until then she has to attempt eating gluten until the 6 wk appt.. Devastating! I get it tho...just in case the bloodwork *does* come back positive they need her antibodies to continue to be inflamed in case they need to do the biopsy.. Poor kid. He did tell her that she's not allowed to lose anymore weight. She is in the lowest percentile for weight/height ratios before slipping into underweight criteria. The task now is having to "make" her eat 3 full meals plus snacks..her calorie needs are high for the moment and even moreso cause she exercises.. Having to go the supplementation route with protein shakes which she is dreading but easiest way to get cals/protein counts up. Hoping for the best in all this just so we have answers and a firm plan in place.

The scale is an evil piece of machinery I am appalled and mortified at how quickly I can gain weight. Mind boggling, really. Don't quite understand how it's possible to gain 10's of pounds in a matter of a couple weeks when I know for a fact that I have NOT eaten more than 1800 calories on any given day. The issue is perhaps because I have eaten whatever within those parameters? Hence, the idea of eliminating bad carbs and sugar..I believe that it's really come down to this. I've had major bloating and swelling in my stomach for weeks now..looking like I'm 12 months pregnant is NOT fun

Going to see Bruno Mars tonight! First time in a while I've felt like actually doing something and I'm kinda excited to be going. Should be a good time!
DS is coming home soon for a couple weeks and that makes this mama bear very happy! I have missed him so much, it will be nice to be able to cook for him and sit and have our talks like we used to.

Last edited by DesertGurl; 07-31-2013 at 10:41 AM..
Old 07-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #1570
Big Yapper!!!!

You know, if gluten is an issue for her, she may not see any weight gain until she eliminates it again. Enjoy having your family all together again! You can jump back on girl! Think of how great you will feel!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #1571
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Glad to hear from you D! Sorry life has been a bit of a struggle lately, and I'm so sorry you're all feeling bloated. Whether or not anyone is actually celiac or gluten intolerant, it seems like you have enough anecdotal evidence to change the way the family eats to feel better. Hopefully DH will climb on board eventually. Habits are hard to give up, especially eating habits (as we all know only too well).

Take care and hope to see you posting!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #1572
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun tonight! I bet his concert will be great.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #1573
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
You know, if gluten is an issue for her, she may not see any weight gain until she eliminates it again. Enjoy having your family all together again! You can jump back on girl! Think of how great you will feel!
Yeah, I wondered as much. She's not ingesting a whole lot and not every day.. the nutritionist said all it takes is a slice a bread, a serving of cheerios, etc.. Thanks for the vote of confidence, I'm trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Glad to hear from you D! Sorry life has been a bit of a struggle lately, and I'm so sorry you're all feeling bloated. Whether or not anyone is actually celiac or gluten intolerant, it seems like you have enough anecdotal evidence to change the way the family eats to feel better. Hopefully DH will climb on board eventually. Habits are hard to give up, especially eating habits (as we all know only too well).

Take care and hope to see you posting!
Thank you! I have always known that eating lc is probably the best route for me but it's so much easier to eat how everyone else is. KWIM? However, I think people around here are finally starting to get that *I* just don't feel good anymore and that things have to change! DH will eat whatever I make, it's just getting him to not bring home all the junk food in the world from the grocery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Have fun tonight! I bet his concert will be great.
It should be a good night! I heard he does not disappoint.
------------------------------

So I found some fun inspiration last night on Extreme Weight Loss... he used 2 jars with some marlbles.. each marble representing a pound. With each pound lost, marble get moved from the 'full' jar to the empty one.. I'm thinking I'll find some pretty stones and some cute bud vases and display them. For whatever reason that just resonated with me and at this point, I will take motivation in whatever form from wherever I can.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:11 AM   #1574
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
So I found some fun inspiration last night on Extreme Weight Loss... he used 2 jars with some marlbles.. each marble representing a pound. With each pound lost, marble get moved from the 'full' jar to the empty one.. I'm thinking I'll find some pretty stones and some cute bud vases and display them. For whatever reason that just resonated with me and at this point, I will take motivation in whatever form from wherever I can.
Hi Dani..

I luuuurve this idea Having a visual when you can't always see the loss on your self sounds like such a good idea!

G x
Old 08-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #1575
Big Yapper!!!!

That is a great idea! As DS14 was / is losing weight, I try to show him through bags of potatoes how much weight 35 pounds truly is. The visual comparison helps. Let us know what you decide on
Old 08-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #1576
Blabbermouth!!!

I saw that with the jars and marbles too, and I felt the same way. It's kind of like getting stickers for accomplishments as kids. It feels like such a reward and it is a tangible proof of what you've done. I think I may do that for my countdown to goal. But I think I'll get smaller jars so that it looks more significant. That 80 pounds or whatever it was she was counting down didn't look like hardly anything!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #1577
Blabbermouth!!!

I saw that with the jars and marbles too, and I felt the same way. It's kind of like getting stickers for accomplishments as kids. It feels like such a reward and it is a tangible proof of what you've done. I think I may do that for my countdown to goal. But I think I'll get smaller jars so that it looks more significant. That 80 pounds or whatever it was she was counting down didn't look like hardly anything in those big jars!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #1578
Blabbermouth!!!

Haven't found my jars yet. Things here have been kinda wonky the last coupla days....DS came home, DD18 turned "19", and we went to the show on Wed. night.

Food has been so-so. Not entirely low low carb but much better than what I was doing. TOM showed up a day early and is being really really mean. All the super bloat that I was experiencing the last 2 weeks, I wonder if it wasn't pms stuff? Never experienced that before but wondering if it's all tied into the perimeno stuff I'm getting into..I dunno?????? I am questioning it because since TOM started all that bloat hasn't occurred once. Interesting indeed....

DD's going shopping today and DS will probably catch up with them later on, so I'll pretty much be alone for most of the day. This is good cause I don't feel all that hot.

Movies tonight maybe? Saw Wolverine last weekend, I loved it.

Couple pics from Bruno Mars

Crowd shot--we were in a suite--Sold out show. Stage is to the far left of pic where black/gold curtain is
Old 08-05-2013, 06:53 AM   #1579
Big Yapper!!!!

I heard Wolverine was great. My DS14 saw it with my Dad last week. They both loved it! Did you go to the movies? What did you see?

We saw THE CALL last week on DVD, that was GREAT! OMG! Love Halle Berry!
Old 08-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #1580
Senior LCF Member

Hope you're ok Dani, check in soon x
Old 08-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #1581
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girly...missing your smilin' face. Have you seen "2 Guns" yet with Denzel & Mark Wahlberg? Good movie! Figured that would be right up your alley...
Old 08-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #1582
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey, I know you are a Chris Powell fan, have you ever tried his Bode protein mix? It is one he actually endorses.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #1583
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I heard Wolverine was great. My DS14 saw it with my Dad last week. They both loved it! Did you go to the movies? What did you see?

We saw THE CALL last week on DVD, that was GREAT! OMG! Love Halle Berry!
Saw the call with DD17--good movie. I took her to see The Conjuring a couple weeks ago..so fun being scared! We never did go last week....going tonight to see We Are The Millers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Hope you're ok Dani, check in soon x
Hello there beautiful! thanks for checkin on me

Quote:
Hey girly...missing your smilin' face. Have you seen "2 Guns" yet with Denzel & Mark Wahlberg? Good movie! Figured that would be right up your alley...
Hiya! Haven't seen 2 Guns yet...but we will.... maybe tomorrow while DD is at work ...also want to see Elysium.

Quote:
Hey, I know you are a Chris Powell fan, have you ever tried his Bode protein mix? It is one he actually endorses.
No I haven't tried them...mainly cause I don't want to have to order them I believe it's his product which is good thing but I'm lazy and impatient!
--------------------------------
Time is flying!! I cannot believe it's been over a week since I checked in here.. things around here got kinda chaotic with DS being here and both girls working and DD17 getting ready to go back to school.. crazy stuff...
DS is heading back up to school this weekend to hang with his friends for a week or so until his apt is ready. I'm gonna miss him! It's been so nice having him home--family complete. DD starting her senior year on Thurs. I cannot believe that we are nearly done!!!!

I still have not gotten my jars for my rocks, ala Chris Powell inspiration... feel like I kinda just floated through the last week and can't even say what productive things I even got done. I hate feeling this way! It really is time to get back into taking care of myself...I'm miserable and feel blah. I do NOT like how I feel physically because of horrible eating and just because I feel big. Time to get it going and only I can do it.

The scale told me today that I gained another 1.4.. Seriously...enough already.

I need to pick a way of eating and just go. My head is my enemy when I think too much and can't seem to focus on any one way of doing something. So far, it's only served to set me back even further than when I started. Not good.

Still waiting on bloodwork for DD17...so far she is still having to keep on with the gluten until further notice.. it's been a lonnngggg few weeks, lemme tell ya!

With DD back in school and DS heading out...our routine will settle into place and I'm hoping this will allow me to get my butt in gear and get with the program already. I really want this, I really do. I know it doesn't appear that way, but yes, I truly do want good health and like what I see in the mirror. Right now, neither of those things are true and I am really pushing myself to restart and not look back.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #1584
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee

Dani, I know exactly how you feel. My mind tells me no, that's too restrictive. Or that's not going to work. I truly believe that dieting doesn't work for me but the alternative is to keep gaining and I refuse to do that so I am going to have to do the work I do not want to do.

My son is leaving for school in a couple of weeks. DH will be home only on weekends so things here will be quiet enough to get into a routine, too.

We can do this!

Oh and I have my jars on my dresser filled with colorful glass marbles. But Pounds Lost sits quite empty. Hopefully that will change very soon!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur

Last edited by ellgee; 08-11-2013 at 03:42 PM..
Old 08-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #1585
Big Yapper!!!!

Danielle - I am sure with DS leaving and DD starting back to school, things have to settle down, RIGHT?? Man I am hoping so. Mine go back on WEdensday! I can't wait!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #1586
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post

Dani, I know exactly how you feel. My mind tells me no, that's too restrictive. Or that's not going to work. I truly believe that dieting doesn't work for me but the alternative is to keep gaining and I refuse to do that so I am going to have to do the work I do not want to do.

My son is leaving for school in a couple of weeks. DH will be home only on weekends so things here will be quiet enough to get into a routine, too.

We can do this!

Oh and I have my jars on my dresser filled with colorful glass marbles. But Pounds Lost sits quite empty. Hopefully that will change very soon!
The alternative is definitely not acceptable! It's not that I'm afraid of the work, so to speak...it's the no results thing that p.o.'s me to no end Hard to wrap your head around doing something strictly and diligently for months and receiving very little payback.. However, at least I wasn't gaining because that is a terrible terrible thing!! STILL haven't gotten my jars!!

Quote:
Danielle - I am sure with DS leaving and DD starting back to school, things have to settle down, RIGHT?? Man I am hoping so. Mine go back on WEdensday! I can't wait!
DS left Saturday.. I miss him so much! DD's in school and working so that's got me running around.. found out yesterday that she will have an *even shorter* day..she'll only have 3 classes next year--that means either a late start by an hour or getting out another hour ealier
------------------------------------

So I am still trying. My mornings start out great and then I flub it up somewhere in the late afternoon or evening for no good reason whatsoever Stupid, I know. But I refuse to give up and I feel things starting to click and I am *wanting* to eat better, and feel better. I feel that old excitement starting to bubble up and that makes me happy. Working on forgiving myself for not doing what I was supposed to. Learning to accept that I had TONS going on in my personal life that needed attention and reasons why I ate emotionally to cope. It's been a little over a month since my dad's passing--I can't believe it's gone by so fast. I've had to learn to accept that he left this earth without so much as a "bye" or an attempt to make things right with me. It's been hard, but I'm strong and I will be ok.

Still have to find my exercise bike...that needs to happen soon. I feel as if I can get going with some actual movement I will start to feel better all around.

Began reading Wheat Belly last night. (Told you I was feeling inspired! ) Crazy boring stuff about the beginnings of wheat but informative all at the same time. The big thing will be to convince DH (for the last time) that lc'ing and gf is where it's at for us to feel better. DD19 is actually doing pretty well with attempting gf eating.. she's had a couple slip ups but I think is growing more convinced that her body is indeed trying to tell her something.. DD17 is still eating gluten sparingly while we wait for dr's to get their shiz together.. She is starting to have more days where she feels icky and that makes me so sad..she did SO well over summer and to see her backslide through no fault of her own...heartbreaking. It's almost over I keep telling her..now if I can hang in there myself!
Old 08-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #1587
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
So I am still trying. My mornings start out great and then I flub it up somewhere in the late afternoon or evening for no good reason whatsoever Stupid, I know. But I refuse to give up and I feel things starting to click and I am *wanting* to eat better, and feel better. I feel that old excitement starting to bubble up and that makes me happy. Working on forgiving myself for not doing what I was supposed to. Learning to accept that I had TONS going on in my personal life that needed attention and reasons why I ate emotionally to cope. It's been a little over a month since my dad's passing--I can't believe it's gone by so fast. I've had to learn to accept that he left this earth without so much as a "bye" or an attempt to make things right with me. It's been hard, but I'm strong and I will be ok.
This makes me happy! I truly believe that our heads have to be in exactly the right place in order to stick with any kind of eating plan. For me, that's true anyway. I have to WANT it so bad I can taste it. Otherwise, I'll do it for awhile and then give it up again. I don't know what the secret ingredient is to make me WANT it this bad, but when it's here, I work it for all it's worth! I hope you're getting that *WANT* back!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #1588
Major LCF Poster!

Mornin', Dani!

We saw Elysium last weekend -- I liked it. I thought the actor who played the villain did a great job in that role.

I'm also glad to hear that you're getting that little "spark" back...I know what you're talking about. It's like you've gotta have the sense of anticipation or excitement to get going again...it's completely natural to get off-track at times (especially during difficult times like you've had lately). You are getting back to your healthy place, and we are all here to cheer you on along the way.

Consistently act on what you already know. If you wait for "perfect" conditions, then you'll never get anything done.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #1589
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
This makes me happy! I truly believe that our heads have to be in exactly the right place in order to stick with any kind of eating plan. For me, that's true anyway. I have to WANT it so bad I can taste it. Otherwise, I'll do it for awhile and then give it up again. I don't know what the secret ingredient is to make me WANT it this bad, but when it's here, I work it for all it's worth! I hope you're getting that *WANT* back!
I wish I could take the feeling and bottle it...so when I start to forget what it's like all I gotta do take a shot I just know that I need to keep focused and my head above water.

Quote:
Mornin', Dani!

We saw Elysium last weekend -- I liked it. I thought the actor who played the villain did a great job in that role.

I'm also glad to hear that you're getting that little "spark" back...I know what you're talking about. It's like you've gotta have the sense of anticipation or excitement to get going again...it's completely natural to get off-track at times (especially during difficult times like you've had lately). You are getting back to your healthy place, and we are all here to cheer you on along the way.
I'm glad you ladies can relate to what I'm saying and I'm not some loony with kooky feelings Trying to fan the spark and keep it lit. thanks for your confidence in me P.S. We never made it to Elysium. My son and DD19 saw it and said it was good.. We just saw We're the Millers...LOVED it. I love Jason Sudeikis

So I did just "ok" yesterday. Everything was low carb all day long until after dinner and I had some m&m's They're GF tho so I guess not as bad from that standpoint.

NOTE TO SELF: M&M's--just like Cheeto's--are NOT a main food group.

I did go to bed for the first time in a very long time without feeling or looking like I'm 15 months pregnant.. it's all gotta be carb/gluten related.

So the plan today is to get through the *entire* day without eating anything that's not lc. Feeling like I can really start to do it
Hoping DH will follow suit after a bit...I know he will feel better if he does. Some day (maybe when I'm dead?) he'll figure out that I am always right.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:51 AM   #1590
Senior LCF Member

Hi Dani

Just checking in Are you doing LC now? x
Closed Thread