Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #1501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211.7 (To beat last low)
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Oh yea, The Heat looks funny. I like Sandra Bullock (she seems down-to-earth), and I think Melissa is funny.

It's hot & humid here...that's part of the reason I never try to straighten my hair! LOL.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #1502
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Oh yea, The Heat looks funny. I like Sandra Bullock (she seems down-to-earth), and I think Melissa is funny.

It's hot & humid here...that's part of the reason I never try to straighten my hair! LOL.
I love her! Melissa McCarthy is a hoot...loved her in Bridesmaids

Lord, I HAVE to straighten my hair or I look like Samara (sp?) from The Ring movies.. Frizz and kinks galore!

------------

Having the hungries today. BAD! Movies tonight...
Old 06-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #1503
Blabbermouth!!!

Movie was hilarious. I was so relieved to find that they didn't use all the funny parts in the trailers they'd been airing for the last few weeks. I went slightly over on cals yesterday...the popcorn got to me.. I don't usually overdo it, but it was freshly popped and nice & salty..

Weighed this morning.. no change since last week. I'm ok with that. I'm actually kinda relieved...at least there was NO gain!
I figure after all the late night salt intake last night, I'd have probably seen a loss.. ah well, it'll come.
I did well for food all day, even went to Chik fil-A and got a 300 cal salad that was really good. Love their basalmic dressings there for some reason..

UD today. And we're going out to dinner. Going to tighten the reigns on calories for the day so I don't go over.

Kiddos working..DH working.. nobody home but us chickens today..

I ordered a way cool P!NK shirt for our show..I can't wait til it comes.. all the way from AU. I swear I'm like a teenager when I'm buying that stuff..... Oh well, it's better than being a stuffy, boring, old person, right?

Holding off on eating yet..so far just coffee with some HWC.
------------------

6.21 242.2
6.28 242.2

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Last edited by DesertGurl; 06-29-2013 at 08:50 AM..
Old 06-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #1504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
No weight loss for me either, Dani, but I do feel better and more in control. You?

I think I love your adorable crush on Pink! I could never see you as old or stuffy. The other day DD held up a magazine she was reading to show me the cover...it was Mick Jagger and the Stones and I burst out laughing. I LOVE them but they are freaking dicrepit old geezers, STILL rocking. HOOT!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #1505
Blabbermouth!!!

So I guess my dilemma is whether to cut the cals down to 500 or less? On a day that was supposed to be a DD turned into a MD and yesterday's was around 900 cals.. so had I actually stuck to the 700 consistently I "may" have seen a loss..I'll never know now.
I guess I'll play it by ear and see if I can get as low as 500 and if not, keep it at 700.

I adore P!nk. I love what she stands for. She is fierce, independant, not afraid to speak her truth. I admire her hard work and genuine passion for her career and family life. She and her hubby nearly divorced and found their way back to eachother, like DH & me...I relate to her so much when she speaks about fighting for her marriage and working hard to make it work. Her music resonates with me, she writes about her life and it's gotten me through ALOT. Plus, I have met some of the most amazing people in the name of P!nk love!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #1506
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I so want to see Heat. Thrilled to hear it was good . Hey my DS14 wants to see it. Is it horribly inappropriate ???
Old 06-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #1507
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I so want to see Heat. Thrilled to hear it was good . Hey my DS14 wants to see it. Is it horribly inappropriate ???
I wouldn't recco for a 14yo.. personally.. Melissa McCarthy's character is a feisty, foul-mouthed detective ..every other word is the *F*word.. then by the end, Sandra's cussing up a storm too!
----------------------

Saw White House Down last night.. Good good Channing just may make himself into an action/adventure star, yet! Was so thankful it wasn't like Olympus Has Fallen

DD today. Woke with no real hunger when I woke up. Major relief for that!
Calories were high yesterday..we went to dinner.. couple beers and a few ribs, a couple bites of bread & butter..and a Kit Kat. Went to bed for the first time since restarting JUDDD actually thankful for a DD in the morning! Then waking up today not hungry at all... Maybe things are starting to kick in physiologically?

Lots & lots of water today..it's another hot one today. Hit about 119 here yesterday.. can anyone say, hell on earth?
Old 06-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #1508
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Glad you had a better DD today! When they're hard.....ugh!

I have to say, I am LOVING these DD shivers! I usually keep my house set at 80* with all ceiling fans blowing, and today I kept it at 82* without any fans. I hope this keeps up! I actually stepped outside to warm up a couple of times (it didn't take long!) But tomorrow we may have to break out our cardigans - we're in for a cold snap....only 114*............bleh!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #1509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Healing Today

Good Morning!! How was your Sunday? It was raging hot and humid here. Hot today with possible thunder showers. Weird.

I'm still waiting to anticipate my DD. I think because I've been down this road it's a little harder, I know what's coming. I'm convinced this is the best thing for me so I'll push on. I know I haven't lost an ounce (yet) but I also know I will, eventually. I'm rooting for the Sirt-1 gene to fix me up.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #1510
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Dani, I like Pink to and she is a VIRGO just like us. I want to see "The Heat" and was pleased to see that you liked it as well. Sorry about the heat wave on the west coast ladies --it sounds brutal. It is just humid and muggy here in Boston -- nothing to write home about!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #1511
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Glad you had a better DD today! When they're hard.....ugh!

I have to say, I am LOVING these DD shivers! I usually keep my house set at 80* with all ceiling fans blowing, and today I kept it at 82* without any fans. I hope this keeps up! I actually stepped outside to warm up a couple of times (it didn't take long!) But tomorrow we may have to break out our cardigans - we're in for a cold snap....only 114*............bleh!
I wish I could say I was getting the cold feeling on my DD's.. I did the last time I did this, but so far, no such luck.. I guess my hot flashes are superceding any "cold" feeling I'd get on a DD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Good Morning!! How was your Sunday? It was raging hot and humid here. Hot today with possible thunder showers. Weird.

I'm still waiting to anticipate my DD. I think because I've been down this road it's a little harder, I know what's coming. I'm convinced this is the best thing for me so I'll push on. I know I haven't lost an ounce (yet) but I also know I will, eventually. I'm rooting for the Sirt-1 gene to fix me up.
Just hot & hot, and more hot over here I am thankful that there is no humidity. We had a huge dust storm blow in last night around 10pm..thank goodness I didn't get my car washed yet!!

I spoke too soon, I woke up hungry today after a DD.. grrr! I chose to weigh this morning..I'm UP .2 MEH! Considering what I had to eat for last UD I guess it's not too bad, but man, I KILLED DD yesterday and that's the love I get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Dani, I like Pink to and she is a VIRGO just like us. I want to see "The Heat" and was pleased to see that you liked it as well. Sorry about the heat wave on the west coast ladies --it sounds brutal. It is just humid and muggy here in Boston -- nothing to write home about!
Yes, she is a Virgo! I am almost 10 yrs exactly to the day older than her I saw on IMDB a marker for The Heat 2..the screenwriting's already going and the 2 top ladies are "in"..
----------------------------------------

Weighed today .... up .2 242.4

Had a killer DD..500 calories. However, my joints have been hurting something fierce...toes, hands, knees.. I've had to take OTC meds to get me thru the day in one piece (and even that doesn't help much)... need to drink even more water too.

The plan; just keep on keeping on!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #1512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you honey, just keep pushing on. I still have no proper scale and the old one is making me psycho so I'm staying off. Today is the first day I've felt the JUDDD high. That almost manic feeling, makes me want to yell "I'm doing it, I'm doing it"!!! I'm going to bed under 500 calories...no matter what.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #1513
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the movie. Maybe I will get him to see White House Down instead! I can't wait to see Heat....I love both those women so much!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #1514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211.7 (To beat last low)
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, Danielle! How are things with you?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #1515
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Good for you honey, just keep pushing on. I still have no proper scale and the old one is making me psycho so I'm staying off. Today is the first day I've felt the JUDDD high. That almost manic feeling, makes me want to yell "I'm doing it, I'm doing it"!!! I'm going to bed under 500 calories...no matter what.
No JUDDD high here...yet. Hopeful though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the movie. Maybe I will get him to see White House Down instead! I can't wait to see Heat....I love both those women so much!
White House Down was good. Lotsa shoot'em up bang bang, he'll love it! I love those girls too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Good morning, Danielle! How are things with you?
Heya girly, I'm doing a-ok..pluggin along!
------------------------

Survived my UD yesterday. Came in about 50cals over. Everything would've been stellar had I not got some major ick from freh guacamole we'd made..nothing like burping onions & garlic all night

More hot on the agenda.. today's "high" is 114.
We had major wind about 4am this morning, woke me up.. I thought for sure a monsoon was coming, but nope.. It's kinda cloudy out, so maybe today it'll pour.

Taking DD16 to see Bling Ring today..will be fun to have a girls day.
Bummer thing is, it's a DD!

I'll keep it as low as I can today, I really want to see a loss this week!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #1516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani that is a bummer! DD at the movies. Maybe just popcorn and diet soda today? 500 calories of popcorn is a goodly amount!

It's cloudy here too but only to reach the high 80's today. I hope you get some rain.

I think the JUDDD high was just me feeling ecstatic because I knew I could do it. I feel like that today too. You know how some mornings you wake up with doubts? I looked forward to this morning and a chance to heal. Plus I'm excited that I can make the shiritaki noodles palatable. That helps a lot toward controlling hunger and calories.

Have a great day!!!
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 07-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #1517
Blabbermouth!!!

I survived the movies with a few handfuls of popcorn and 5 watermelon sour patch kids..I love those silly things and could easily eat the whole bag if I'm left alone with them! Movie was eh.. hokey cheesy, but the story is something else... gives new meaning to the term celebrity obsession!

Dinner was a salad and all & all the day was a success.. so you'd think I'd weigh less on the scale, right? Well, nope. I'm up AGAIN another .6 Not quite sure what's going on, but getting frustrated.....

Gonna keep on....I dunno what else to do at this point..

Logging every single thing today.

Dust storm warnings again last night.. and yep, I had my car washed yesterday afternoon Oh well, it's just dirt, right?
I think we're cooler temp wise today... only 108 for the high..
Old 07-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #1518
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Keep at it D! I have the feeling you're just adjusting to JUDDD again, and will see a nice drop in the near future.

Hang in there.......it's supposed to be 102 on Friday. Sounds downright refreshing.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #1519
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Keep at it D! I have the feeling you're just adjusting to JUDDD again, and will see a nice drop in the near future.

Hang in there.......it's supposed to be 102 on Friday. Sounds downright refreshing.
Thanks! Is restarting JUDDD like Atkins, where you only get the 1 golden shot to see real great losses? I hope not!! Doing my best to hang in there and keep on going, I really want this to work.

102...IS refreshing!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #1520
Big Yapper!!!!

YOU CAN DO THIS DANIELLE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #1521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey there Dani~ I'm up three pounds from my last good weigh in. I don't think it's like Atkins, but my body is being particularly stubborn this time. The first time I did JUDDD I lost 11 lbs in two weeks.

I'm just concentrating on getting through this weekend with out too much upheaval.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #1522
Blabbermouth!!!

I just wrote in your journal... I'm trying not to panic.... yet.....I'm up AGAIN 1.2 ...... .......

No idea what's going on but going to try and get through the weekend without ripping too much of my hair out over all this..

When I did this the first time I believe I lost like 9 pounds the first 2 weeks.. that makes me cry right about now... again,...trying really hard not to panic... I dunno whether to ... or ... or be ....or ...

Last edited by DesertGurl; 07-04-2013 at 12:34 PM..
Old 07-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #1523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DITTO girlfriend!

Now that you mention it I feel a bit panicky myself. Right now I feel hot and gross and can hardly think about going out in this heat and socializing . The thing is I promised myself that would no longer let my weight keep from doing things. I mean, I'm going to a pool party where there will be lots of women my age and a few bikini clad babes...and alcohol and BBQ to the max. I need to get a new vision of myself other than the one where I'm sweating poolside, with a giant plate of food on my lap.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #1524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's so cute, it's like we're having two conversations!
Old 07-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #1525
Blabbermouth!!!

Haha!! I can see the eh factor to going...not-so-fun watchin the "babes" in their bikini's...at least for me I'm struggling ALOT with getting a new vision of myself, too. I'm trying, I really am. Some days are better than others, but lately..I'm losing more than I'm winning in that dept. And I know it's because I perceive myself to be "failing" again..
Old 07-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #1526
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Dani, you are NOT failing -- you are just a perfectionist Virgo who isn't happy unless you have the most stellar metrics across the board. Lets look at the optics: you are a smart, beautiful, kind woman with a great husband and fantastic kids who genuinely love you. You lost a whole bunch of weight on low carb and now you are brave enough to try something new. I think you are really courageous. You are selling yourself short and you need to have more patience and faith.

You will succeed and so please just be on your side!

On another note, I feel for you in that crazy heat. I cannot believe you are dealing with 102 temperatures. It is 95 here in Boston and I am on the ocean! I feel like I am melting (wish my fat would melt!) and look at you dealing with 102 temps!
Old 07-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #1527
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Dani, you are NOT failing -- you are just a perfectionist Virgo who isn't happy unless you have the most stellar metrics across the board. Lets look at the optics: you are a smart, beautiful, kind woman with a great husband and fantastic kids who genuinely love you. You lost a whole bunch of weight on low carb and now you are brave enough to try something new. I think you are really courageous. You are selling yourself short and you need to have more patience and faith.

On another note, I feel for you in that crazy heat. I cannot believe you are dealing with 102 temperatures. It is 95 here in Boston and I am on the ocean! I feel like I am melting (wish my fat would melt!) and look at you dealing with 102 temps!
You are too sweet. Thank you I do need more of both, faith & patience..neither my strong suit I just want to see such progress, so tired of flailing and having problems with stuff, yanno? I get so tired of hearing myself sometimes, but I'm determined not to give up on myself.

We're sitting at around 108 right now.. a real cool down from the beginning of the week and our 119
Old 07-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #1528
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hi Danielle

Sorry to hear you're struggling with restarting JUDDD.
Don't you just wish losing weight was as simple as reading about it?
I find it so bloody frustrating xx
Old 07-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #1529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

!

DITTO! I'm right there with you kid.

LOL on the reading to lose weight Genie! If that could happen I'd be a stick!!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #1530
Blabbermouth!!!

UD kinda kooky yesterday Today's another UD as I need to keep my rotation's as they are.. holiday kinda threw a wrench in it but I'll keep going..

So all this weirdness with the scale..... someone didn't bother to track TOM and technically I was supposed to start the 3rd... Well guess who showed up yesterday? I figured today I'd weigh since I tend to drop weight once it starts... BAD idea I'm UP even MORE.. argh!
Sure explains the craving for chocolate and inability to shake the tiredness I've had the past week.. let's hope the scale doesn't *stick*

Friday.... might do a movie with the hubbs and the kiddo.. DD18 is gone til next week so maybe Despicable Me 2..

We've got overcast today, looks like rain? Haven't been outside yet today, but I'm sure it's humid. We have a high of 105, that's always fun with rain! ..NOT!

We can see fireworks from out patio from the resort across the way... love the lampost at the bottom. LOL

Closed Thread