Stopping by to give love and hugs.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #1442
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
#FAIL

Yep, that's what yesterday was. Anything and everything that could go wrong....DID.

So on top of all the kooky weird stuff that happened just dealing with the kids and household stuff...my lack of planning and choosing to fly by the seat of my pants for my new plan.. all lead to huge chaos about 2pm and I was just D-O-N-E.

Already being overwhelmed about the realization that I really wasn't ready to begin this new program made trying to get thru the rest of the day that much harder.. I'm going to have to plan everything out to the T in order to be able to not have my diet suffer amidst other crazy going on.

I'm left questioning if I shouldn't have just left things alone for awhile and just stuck with what I was doing which was calorie counting and working out... and perhaps made a switch if I found that not working out.

*sigh* I just don't know.

I love the carb cycling plan..I totally get the idea of it, I believe it's a sound and healthy lifestyle and something i could probably see great results with.. but in the end, like everything else, does it fit my life??? Or am I in great need of upheaving my life and learn something new?

Found a program that supports CP's carb cycling..it does everything from menu planning, to uploading grocery lists.. I'm thinkin about it, not sure if I wanna pay for it just yet..

Another busy day today...in the heat.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 06-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #1443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Lord love ya kid, I can so relate. I think carb cycling is a good idea, maybe it can be made (by you) simpler. Take the idea and fit it to you. If you can't eat every three hours, then don't. The trouble with elaborate plans (any elaborate plan) is the execution of the plan. KISS. I'm searching, you're searching...we'll find the way, the right way for us. I'm with you, no matter what. I think I speak for all of our friends here, you are not a failure, you did not fail anything. Pick your self up, dust off, laugh a little and try again. Life is so dang messy, it's a wonder.....
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 06-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #1444
Blabbermouth!!!

Life IS messy and I am DANG FILTHY!

I'm trying to figure out a way to see if I can get this to fit.. I may see if i can still keep the calorie parameters but just eat whenever I need/can? I see why he states the importance of every 3 hrs..gotta keep your metabolism stoked..one of the biggest reasons why i gravitated to this because I do truly believe mine is SHOT!

This was on my FB this morning..
Old 06-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #1445
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
#FAIL

Yep, that's what yesterday was. Anything and everything that could go wrong....DID.

So on top of all the kooky weird stuff that happened just dealing with the kids and household stuff...my lack of planning and choosing to fly by the seat of my pants for my new plan.. all lead to huge chaos about 2pm and I was just D-O-N-E.

Already being overwhelmed about the realization that I really wasn't ready to begin this new program made trying to get thru the rest of the day that much harder.. I'm going to have to plan everything out to the T in order to be able to not have my diet suffer amidst other crazy going on.

I'm left questioning if I shouldn't have just left things alone for awhile and just stuck with what I was doing which was calorie counting and working out... and perhaps made a switch if I found that not working out.

*sigh* I just don't know.

I love the carb cycling plan..I totally get the idea of it, I believe it's a sound and healthy lifestyle and something i could probably see great results with.. but in the end, like everything else, does it fit my life??? Or am I in great need of upheaving my life and learn something new?

Found a program that supports CP's carb cycling..it does everything from menu planning, to uploading grocery lists.. I'm thinkin about it, not sure if I wanna pay for it just yet..

Another busy day today...in the heat.
Danielle...came to peek at your journal after seeing you on CP thread. DON'T GIVE UP YET! I too went off track last night after dinner....had eaten to the letter all day and got home from my DGD softball game and kind of had a non-stop munching past my allotted HC snack. Was really discouraged and figured..."here I go blowing it again" scenario. Woke up this morning and realized I don't need to be PERFECT. One miss step does not ruin a WOE. I figured I still had way less calories than I normally would have and today was a new day...a LC one!

We are trying...bound to be bumps in the road...I haven't even started exercising yet, but figure it won't hurt if I am doing this in baby steps too. I do find that planning my whole day of food on Daily Plate first thing in the morning helps. Hang in there...even with a mistake now and then, we're still farther ahead in the game than throwing in the towel just yet.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
Old 06-14-2013, 05:32 AM   #1446
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Danielle - maybe start that way and then as you figure out set meals/snacks you can transition to the every 3 hour thing?? Might work??

LOVE reading about your journey though!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #1447
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, Dani. Sending you some good vibes & mojo this morning! Each small positive change adds up...don't beat yourself up about the slip-ups. You want to do this, so I know you will.

Have a great Friday!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #1448
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
I'm sure you'll manage to find a way of working this plan to suit you. Even if it isn't to the letter as to what the book says.... you have to fit it into your life too and see it being long term, good luck hun!

x
Old 06-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #1449
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence ladies.

Right now I'm just doing what wasn't broken and seeing what happens. I don't adapt well to huge huge change so I'm just going to focus on what I was doing before and make better habits, make better choices in terms of the kinds of food I'm eating.. making sure more fruits & veggies, leaner cuts of meat, etc.. Eventually getting to the new plan.

I'm incorporating the 9-min exercises from Chris' book, I can do anything for 9 minutes 5x a week..on top of cardio.

That's my plan and I'm sticking to it..

Not sure what's on the agenda this evening..dinner out, maybe.
Weather is HOT, so for the day I think I'll start my new book and stay indoors!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #1450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 06-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #1451
Senior LCF Member

How was the weekend for you pretty lady? x
Old 06-17-2013, 03:39 AM   #1452

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
D- It does take a lot of planning that is for sure, I am not following it to a T either, but I am exercising and hoping a few carbs here and there will do the trick, for me LC is just easier for me!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #1453

I started reading a new book this weekend. Legend, I totally recommend it!!!!!

DS14 saw Superman and Iron Man 3 this weekend. He thought Superman was amazing and thought IM3 was ok. Said #2 was better. Interesting enough, the boy that went with him thought the opposite. He was OK with Superman but loved IM3!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #1454

I saw Now you see Me last week. It was amazing! I loved it!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #1455
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Speaking of movies, the bf & I saw "This Is the End" yesterday. Very funny cast, but not for the general public (especially kids). Channing Tatum did have a cameo role -- let's just say, you've never seen him in that way before. LOL

Happy Monday, lady! Hoping this week is off to a good start so far.

Last edited by Jayce; 06-17-2013 at 06:50 AM..
Old 06-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #1456
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I started reading a new book this weekend. Legend, I totally recommend it!!!!!

DS14 saw Superman and Iron Man 3 this weekend. He thought Superman was amazing and thought IM3 was ok. Said #2 was better. Interesting enough, the boy that went with him thought the opposite. He was OK with Superman but loved IM3!
Whats the book about?

Not seen Superman yet but saw IM3 a few weeks ago -LOVED IT!!!! xx
Old 06-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #1457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/212/180
Hiya D!

Keep pluggin' away, girl....with all the struggles we have, there is bound to be a time when it will just "click". I'm still doing Fast-5, although it's sometimes Fast-6 or 7! Been seriously slacking on exercise, so I got my sweetie to move my elliptical in the living room for me, so I can get on there when watching TV rather than on the cushy chair!

Hope you have a great day!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #1458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Danielle! Would you believe the last time I was in a theater is was to see Lord of The Rings, Return of the King?. Yep I'm serious. I may take myself to see the new Star Trek movie....

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 06-17-2013 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: Posted the wrong name, DOH!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #1459
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hi. Hope you had a great weekend!!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #1460

How's it going???
Old 06-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #1461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Sunshine! Want to join me in a Healing Day? That's my new euphemism for a JUDDD down day. I like it, don't you? Sounds positive, like something you really want to have. Hope your having a good morning!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #1462
Blabbermouth!!!

I have zero desire to see Superman and Iron Man 3 was just, meh...2 was much better. We've set some sort of record, I think it's been like over 2 or 3 weeks since we've been to the movies. We've watched a ton at home tho, so can't complain.

Monica~ I haven't been able to get into YA books in a very long time..no idea why but I know I'm probably missing some good books! Right now I'm reading a Jen Lancaster book..amazing, hysterical author who writes humorous memoir's. I just got Revenge Wears Prada this weekend which I cannot wait to start!

Blonde~ Woman you need to get out more! Lord of the rings?? Really??? I believe in that one, DH fell asleep and snored... LOUDLY.

Lisa~ so happy to see you! Keep on keepin on girlfriend, whatever way the weight comes off is all that matters, right?!
-------------------------------

Today's a DD.. or as Blonde put it (which I love!), a healing day. I'm ready!

I'll admit that deciding to start JUDDD'ing again while DH was off for 2 days in a row was probably not the smartest decision. Not that he is trouble or makes it hard, really, just that we had stuff planned for Father's Day and then yesterday we ran around all day long.. I did surprisingly well yesterday and I'm proud.. Sunday night, not so much.. there may have been several large beers involved..not to mention some wings, and maybe some french fries...gotta love Rock Bottom for beer

So weight today was exactly where I was at when I started over again a couple weeks ago.. I-yie-yie... ... anywho..movin on down, right?.........
Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #1463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, I hope you're having a good healing day. Tomorrow will be lovely if we persevere today.

Yeah, I haven't been to the movies in a long time, but I do get out, just not to the movies. IDK, I used to love it, it was always our anniversary date, whatever the latest blockbuster that came out in June. One year we went to dinner and a movie when the kids were little...that time I snored through the whole thing and woke up with the credits. It was glorious....zzzzzzz.

What's your plan for today?
Old 06-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #1464
Blabbermouth!!!

Doing well so far! Burst of energy has allowed me to get some much needed cleaning done..but then by this evening I won't be able to move!

See, we never went out when the kids were little so maybe that's why we do so much of it now. We always bought movies, quite the collection, we just never went anywhere..guess it's making up for lost time with no guilt about leaving the kids! Dumb reasoning, I know! Don't even ask me wth we were thinking! My mom has slept thru movies for the last 40 years, not even joking..she goes there to nap.

No real plans today..I'm practically dancing a jig because I don't have to go to the grocery today I really hate that chore, it brings no joy to me whatever!

So far it's just been cleaning (and listening to music...LOUDLY) and catching up on paperwork that I've prolonged for the last month! I'll do some reading today finally since I can't manage to get into it when the hubbs is around
Old 06-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #1465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Really great that you're staying busy! I get a lot of energy too when I fast! Weird. I just got back from the grocer. I have everything planned for the rest of the day and I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

To be honest, I only slept through that movie because I had 2 cocktails with dinner.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #1466
Blabbermouth!!!

....TRYING to keep busy should be the operative word.. of course after sitting for more than 20 min. I now can't move... Funnily enough, my abs are sore! Need to force myself up though because my room's a disaster from starting something this morning and getting sidetracked...

I've fallen asleep once in a theater....we went to see Tin Cup.. no idea why I did at all...I love that movie!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #1467
Blabbermouth!!!

Great DD! About 800 cals. I am probably not going to go down too low on calories until I experience any issues.. I seem to remember I did very well with higher DD's when I did this last time.

Woke up VERY sore. All the cleaning I did yesterday totally wiped me out and now I really can't move.
I'm still laughing at the fact that my abs are actually sore!

Today's an UD and surprisingly I didn't wake up very hungry. We're making one of Chris Powell's recipes for dinner tonight, I can't wait.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #1468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I didn't wake up hungry either, and I slept really well. I went to bed hungry, though.

We're going to (DH and I) have some fun today on our anniversary. Dinner and a movie for sure and a drive to the beach for awhile. It's hard to remember sometimes, what fun is.....
Old 06-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #1469
Blabbermouth!!!

Your day sounds lovely! I really miss the beach!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #1470

what recipe are you trying? If you like it, share it with us!!!!!
Closed Thread