Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 04:21 AM   #1411
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Dani- yeah dude you could totally find Chris and Heidi and stalk them, LOL How amazing does she look? WOW!

Alright I am almost through and I see no ratios not sure what the thread was about his book, so will keep reading, almost done, not sure how I will do the 9 minute thing and then go to the gym in the morning? I think that is more for people who have done nothing to speak of in the way of exercise, as far as carbs they are healthy carbs, fruit Ezekial bread, etc!

I am going to start on Monday so I will have to get this figured out til then! Did you read how he advises to only weigh one day a week, Saturdays? I was thinking of you on that one!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #1412
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Dani- yeah dude you could totally find Chris and Heidi and stalk them, LOL How amazing does she look? WOW!

Alright I am almost through and I see no ratios not sure what the thread was about his book, so will keep reading, almost done, not sure how I will do the 9 minute thing and then go to the gym in the morning? I think that is more for people who have done nothing to speak of in the way of exercise, as far as carbs they are healthy carbs, fruit Ezekial bread, etc!

I am going to start on Monday so I will have to get this figured out til then! Did you read how he advises to only weigh one day a week, Saturdays? I was thinking of you on that one!
I dunno how much longer I have to "stalk"...I believe I read in Heidi's blog that they're planning an out of state move.. They're also expecting a baby soon!!!

I'm wondering if the ratios are from his first book? He says that you can do whatever cardio you'll be doing whenever you want..what he calls "shredders"..I think the *time* he puts on them is for beginners but the principal still needs to be the same regardless you're a beginner or advanced.

I'm fine with once a week weighing..I can do it if I really want to. Except I'll be doing it on Friday's..and my reward day will be on Friday's..Sunday just doesn't work for me.

---------------------------

Went out to dinner last night..I was a naughty birdy! Beer, guac, some onion strings... the good part about it is I ate bits & pieces and not everything of everything.. I consider it a win.

I've done something to my back or something's wrong with a kidney...excruciating pain and very uncomfortable sleep last night.. I'll prolly end up laid up today because it hurts to even just sit.
It'll give me time to finish up the book I suppose..

Going thru the cookbook I won and there are some yummy recipes in there that will fit with my new plan..I'm excited.. It's tough planning certain things and having to keep it ALL GF for the kiddo.. I know we'll adjust soon enough and be all the healthier for it in the end.

Doing measurements Sunday morning...kinda scared about those!

More heat today.. MEH

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 06-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #1413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
OOO Lucky win! Woot! Seems like you win a lot, you must have real mojo workin' for you.

I'm really glad you're enjoying the book. I think being ready is a huge thing so don't start til you feel confident. Sorry about your hot hot hot temps. Yikes I don't think I could take it. I like 'outside' way too much. It hits 100 here in the late summer and early fall, my least favorite days. The worst in when it stops cooling off at night and there's no relief for days. You've probably heard that utilities in California are expensive and that is an understatement. We don't have central-air here and depend on a window air conditioner when we need it. It works great but is still expensive to run for a few weeks. My neighbors with 'whole house' air conditioning pay monthly bills in the triple digits.

Hope you have a great Saturday!

Hello Gail, Amber & Jayce!!!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 06-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #1414
Blabbermouth!!!

I get kinda lucky streaks every now and then.. I just won a book from an author I've never heard of but incredibly excited to read. She writes humor and this book is about parenting..sounds fun!
I can't wait to try out that dvd...it's cross training and I love stuff like that! And sheesh, it's got Bob AND Dolvette!

I grew up in CA and DH & lived together in CA up until 2003.. know utilities verrrry well there...also know utilities verrrry well here too.. our elec bill's run in triple digits easily all summer long and that's with the a/c set around 80..

I dunno about a "great" Saturday..I can't move!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #1415
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
You poor thing! Back pain is just awful! Do you think it's a muscle spasm? When I had a bad one in September, it would radiate around my hip and almost felt like my lower abdomen was aching, and I started wondering if it was an internal organ thing. The doctor said, no, it's a typical muscle spasm, and the muscle relaxants did the trick. Kind of scary when you're not real sure what's causing it.

I sure hope you can rest and feel better. And yes, this heat is the pits. It was a pretty nice spring, and then BOOM! Hot hotter hottest. Here we go....

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #1416
Blabbermouth!!!

Yanno..I have no idea wth it could be.. it just HURTS! It's sort've near my kidney but I don't think that's what it is... er I at least pray it's not!
Not moving seems to help it alot so that's the plan.

Ugh..I hate hot like this.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #1417
Blabbermouth!!!

What is it about not feeling well that inspires the hungries and cravings????? It's really all quite stupid! Thankful that I am holed up in my bedroom and frankly it's too much work to hobble down the stairs to look for food that I shouldn't be eating But seriously, this thought process is annoying and something I need to stay aware of since I tend to get sick alot. I want to keep on track and keep going..I've done well so far and am starting to feel alot better emotionally about all of this..

Reaffirming my goals and my mindframe here so that I stay on track.

Working on "Power Promises" to begin transformation.. I'll post them when the list is made.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:17 AM   #1418

D- I stuffed in sushi last night LOL I am so bad!!!!! But it was sooo good, I am really committing to this for at least a month! Took measurements, OMG that was so bad, so bad when I finally looked up what they were the last time I measured like 9 months ago I can now clearly see where that weight gain went!!!! It is so depressing but you know going on this hamster wheel is not going to change things, so might as well make a huge change, I am not sure about eating every 3 hours it is hard for me at work, we are not allowed to eat at our desk, and I can really inhale 2 cups of veggies and a chicken breast at lightening speed!

I bought 10 breasts and grilled them cut in 4 ounce pieces so I can slice them over salads!!! Lots of greek yogurt, lot a of veggies, some fruit, and very small sweet potatoes, I got the kind in a bad ready for the micro, they are very small and 100 calories, I was totally eating way to big of a potato!!!! I already drink the protein shakes with almond milk so got that! The wild card is my half and half, I refuse to give that up and I drank it all through my weight loss and life so that is a non negotiable might try to give up a little coffee!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #1419

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
How are you feeling today???
Old 06-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #1420
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hope youi're feeling better hun *hugs* x
Old 06-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #1421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Good Morning Danielle & Friends ~ enjoyed catching up on your journal. Love the idea of "Power Promises" ~ thanks for sharing.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #1422
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
D- I stuffed in sushi last night LOL I am so bad!!!!! But it was sooo good, I am really committing to this for at least a month! Took measurements, OMG that was so bad, so bad when I finally looked up what they were the last time I measured like 9 months ago I can now clearly see where that weight gain went!!!! It is so depressing but you know going on this hamster wheel is not going to change things, so might as well make a huge change, I am not sure about eating every 3 hours it is hard for me at work, we are not allowed to eat at our desk, and I can really inhale 2 cups of veggies and a chicken breast at lightening speed!

I bought 10 breasts and grilled them cut in 4 ounce pieces so I can slice them over salads!!! Lots of greek yogurt, lot a of veggies, some fruit, and very small sweet potatoes, I got the kind in a bad ready for the micro, they are very small and 100 calories, I was totally eating way to big of a potato!!!! I already drink the protein shakes with almond milk so got that! The wild card is my half and half, I refuse to give that up and I drank it all through my weight loss and life so that is a non negotiable might try to give up a little coffee!
Eating every 3 hours is going to be hard..I'm going to have to set alarms or I won't do it..especially when I get busy with something... DH was all for following the plan to the letter, but that 3 hour rule is impossible for him..so he'll have to wing it a bit.
I am kinda salad'ed () out.. ate lots of salads on JUDDD.. I wish I liked sweet potatoes but I don't..good thing we can have regular ole potatoes! I haven't had coffee for about 2 weeks which I guess is a good thing judging by the meal plan....either that or having it on high carb days or reward day..

I'm gonna do the classic cycle I think to start off and then transition into the turbo depending on how I feel.. mainly because incorporating exercise from the get-go and all this eating, I know myself well enough to know that if it gets too overwhelming I won't stick to it.. Originally thought about the easy cycle but I think having a reward meal every other day is too much---that's a way slippery slope to crawl off of every other day..

Monica~ I'm feeling better, not too much pain this morning!

Gina~ Thanks hon, yep I'm moving better today thank goodness.. how are you doing???

Cindy~ I love the power promises..small tiny lil things that we consider just "give in's" ..he wants them as actually things to do so that you can feel accomplished..all a mind trick..I feel like he actually gets how tricky the brain is with losing weight.
------------------------------

Back is doing better today. Anxious to get up and moving to work on the stuff that got neglected all weekend

Making plans for carb cycling..it's kind of intimidating but I'm trying to only worry about 1 day at a time. I dunno if this is a good or bad way to do it but it's what I got going for the moment
Will pick up tons of veggies, fruits & proteins tomorrow and get it all prepped and ready..and then I'll just pick and choose as the days goes by.

Kinda stressing about my poor kiddo beginning gluten again in a couple weeks..

Hope everyone's off to a great start to the week!!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #1423
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like you're really diving into this new plan, and that's great. I hope this is the one that will really resonate for you. I know what you mean about salads. I finally had to break out of my green salad monotony and have collected some nice alternatives, and that's made me love salads again for summer.

I think you're smart to ease into this new plan too. I'm exactly the same - if I take on too much at once, I'll get overwhelmed and give it all up. Get one aspect under your belt and comfortable, then you can think about adding something new to it.

I'm glad you're feeling better and can move!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #1424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good luck with your new plan! Sounds like you're ready & rarin' to go!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #1425
Blabbermouth!!!

What cracks me up about all of this plan..perspective. He didn't exactly re-invent the wheel..what he did was present it in a way that sounds very doable. Presentation is everything, isn't it? It's not like eating this way is anything that I haven't contemplated before, but now I have a "way" of seeing how it's possible...something that is organized and promises great results.

I'll tell ya tho, that eating every 3 hours is gonna be a toughie!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #1426
Big Yapper!!!!

Eating every 3 hours sounds like heaven when you've been dieting hard for a long time, but really it's a pain in the but. Not like the fantasy it sounds like. Kinda like having a job where there's nothing much to do - it sounds great when you're running your a** off, but really, those are the slowest days you'll ever spend.

I know you can do it though. It'll just take planning. You got this!
Old 06-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #1427
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Gina~ Thanks hon, yep I'm moving better today thank goodness.. how are you doing???
Glad to hear it!

The new plan sounds great, hope it brings you lots of success. I think we all have to find a 'niche' we fit when it comes to dieting, I've tried all sorts but JUDDD is the only thing (for me at least that I've found so far!) that works and seems to be a long term possibility!

I'm good, went a little over my cals yesterday. Planning for a super well behaved DD today!

xx
Old 06-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #1428

I can't wait to see how it goes for you!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #1429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Mornin' Dani! I so hope your back is better today! I've been lost in the ethernet, having no internet for several days, I'm back and catching up.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #1430
Major LCF Poster!

Eating every few hours was a big change for me at first too, but I've noticed it greatly helps with my appetite. I was terrible with even eating regular "meals" before...now I make sure I have some type of breakfast (which I never really did before). I have my food divided into 3 hour increments on my food tracker, like 7-10, 10-1, etc.

Have a great Tuesday, lady!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #1431
Blabbermouth!!!

All starting tomorrow..

Getting prepped and ready to go..

Crazy day today, not sure what's going on but my hands and midway up my forearms are swollen puffy.. ironically my feet are what are killing me but they seem to be find and don't appear to be swollen. Yes, I've been drinking tons of water, kinda impossible not to with 110 degree heat.

I have to work on some more fruits & veggies..didn't like the produce at Wallyworld so will head to reg grocery later if I'm feeling better. This week is going to end up sorta as a trial run since I'm running behind on getting going with this plan.. Praying that this is something that is sustainable and agreeable to the flow of the family.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #1432
Big Yapper!!!!

That swelling sounds uncomfortable and weird. Do you know what it's all about?

I agree with you about Wmart, their produce sucks. I love Sprouts for their quality, selection and prices. Do you have one near you?

Hope that fluid leaves you soon and good luck with your fresh start tomorrow!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:36 AM   #1433

D- I am struggling with the 3 hour thing, but trying to at least have a snack, like yesterday I shoved in greek yogurt really fast while I was faxing, but it is tough, I will say I had gotten into the habit of not eating until 9 when I got to work and had my shake, now I am eating at 6 I make a shake and I am much hungrier, still not sure I will see good results since I blew up 4 pounds from the sushi but trying to hang in I am exercising so that is good! Watched his show with the twins last night OMG amazing! I wish they would talk about food!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #1434

Today's the day! ARe you all prepped and ready to start off? I think a new WOE is always exciting. If nothing else, sometimes we just need to shake things up, show ourselves there are differrent food options!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #1435
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Hump Day, Danielle!

Hope your morning is off to a good start.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #1436
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
That swelling sounds uncomfortable and weird. Do you know what it's all about?

I agree with you about Wmart, their produce sucks. I love Sprouts for their quality, selection and prices. Do you have one near you?

Hope that fluid leaves you soon and good luck with your fresh start tomorrow!
Yes, it definitely was uncomfortable! It felt like I had gloves on that were stuffed..I could barely bend my fingers! They're still kinda puffy today..mostly around my wrists and down around my thumb onto that part of the palm near the thumb joint.. SO weird!! Yanno, I *think* I do have a sprouts somewhere around here... well, not here...but within maybe 5 miles or so.. we have a Whole Foods around the corner from us but maaaan, I get in trouble every time I go in there!

Quote:
D- I am struggling with the 3 hour thing, but trying to at least have a snack, like yesterday I shoved in greek yogurt really fast while I was faxing, but it is tough, I will say I had gotten into the habit of not eating until 9 when I got to work and had my shake, now I am eating at 6 I make a shake and I am much hungrier, still not sure I will see good results since I blew up 4 pounds from the sushi but trying to hang in I am exercising so that is good! Watched his show with the twins last night OMG amazing! I wish they would talk about food!
I hear ya about eating later in the mornings, got into that habit myself! gonna be hard to break. For whatever reason none of these shows ever talk about the food..very odd IMO? Maybe to create a base for people to buy into it in the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Today's the day! ARe you all prepped and ready to start off? I think a new WOE is always exciting. If nothing else, sometimes we just need to shake things up, show ourselves there are differrent food options!
I'm excited about this, and terrified all at the same time! The idea of eating every 3 hours is frightening to me!! I miss JUDDD alot, but I need to see if this is something that I can get my weight loss to actually stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Happy Hump Day, Danielle!

Hope your morning is off to a good start.
Hiya honey! Morning's off kinda bumpy but I'm sure it'll get better!
-------------------------------------

Day 1: And I couldn't wake up this A.M. I think it's partly because of the swelling thing in my hands..and my feet, OMG, my feet were killing me alllll day yesterday and last night they just throbbed.

Behind the 8-ball this morning for sure with the food..as it is I'll be eating my last meal around 8:30 Not good! I'll have to set an alarm in the morning to make sure I get my butt out of bed on time to start the day! ooooofph!

Working on getting exercise done as soon as I get DH out of my hair..DD16 is shopping all day and DD18 will be off doing who-knows-what for the day.. leaving me to concentrate on ME.
Looking forward to feeling some *burn* for a change..maybe this will increase my energy?

Shoot! Just realized I forgot to do measurements yesterday..better get on that before I forget.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #1437

Quote:
leaving me to concentrate on ME.
and honestly, that is something we all should strive for....concentrating on ourselves!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #1438
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
and honestly, that is something we all should strive for....concentrating on ourselves!
I so agree x
Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 AM   #1439

Good luck D, I was too scared to eat carbs so did lc, it is hard to break that now!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:30 AM   #1440

Well, day 2. How you feeling?
Closed Thread