Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 03:04 AM   #1351
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
D-You were pretty then but beautiful now!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2013, 04:35 AM   #1352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Such a pretty lady *hugs* xx
Old 05-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #1353

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Girl, you are beautiful. Then, now, always! Only look forward!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #1354
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, Dani! How goes it?
Old 05-31-2013, 09:09 AM   #1355
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You girls are too sweet!
Like I said, my life is a total 180 from when those pics were taken. I'm not the same person emotionally or mentally that I was back then. Yes, I was able to lose all that weight then, but I had such turmoil going on that it was "the" only thing I could control.. Nowadays, after a looooonnng hard hard road for nearly the past 2- 2 1/2 years..I've shed so much dead weight, let go of my past, and have learned just how strong I am. There is no going backwards, and for some, that has been hard to accept, but for me it means a happier, healthy life!

So, Friday's are going to be my "official weigh-in" days... works for me in terms of our date nights, etc..

Today I was 242.2..so -2.2 already. Water weight but I don't care!
All I care about is evacuating this decade fast!

I wrote in Blonde's journal about my interest in Chris Powell's plan. Checking out his book this weekend. Carb-cycling and exercise. I know he is all about whole foods and no processed, and often posts GF recipes which is something we need in our house.. this may be something doable for the whole family so no one feels deprived for anything. I'll post when I find out more.

I can't believe May is over! This year is FLYING!! Glad to have finally found my footing before too much time was lost.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 05-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #1356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
You girls are too sweet!
Like I said, my life is a total 180 from when those pics were taken. I'm not the same person emotionally or mentally that I was back then. Yes, I was able to lose all that weight then, but I had such turmoil going on that it was "the" only thing I could control.. Nowadays, after a looooonnng hard hard road for nearly the past 2- 2 1/2 years..I've shed so much dead weight, let go of my past, and have learned just how strong I am. There is no going backwards, and for some, that has been hard to accept, but for me it means a happier, healthy life!

So, Friday's are going to be my "official weigh-in" days... works for me in terms of our date nights, etc..

Today I was 242.2..so -2.2 already. Water weight but I don't care!
All I care about is evacuating this decade fast!

I wrote in Blonde's journal about my interest in Chris Powell's plan. Checking out his book this weekend. Carb-cycling and exercise. I know he is all about whole foods and no processed, and often posts GF recipes which is something we need in our house.. this may be something doable for the whole family so no one feels deprived for anything. I'll post when I find out more.

I can't believe May is over! This year is FLYING!! Glad to have finally found my footing before too much time was lost.

Let us know what you think about Chris Powell's woe. Sounds interesting.
Good news on the scale, we don't care if it's water when we gain it, so who cares if it's water when we lose it? Good job.

Deprivation is the antithesis of living. Who needs it? Not me! Whole foods are the way to health. Broad statement but still true.

Have a great weekend, show those stairs who's boss!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #1357
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Deprivation is the antithesis of living. Who needs it? Not me! Whole foods are the way to health. Broad statement but still true.
So true...
Old 05-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #1358
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Let us know what you think about Chris Powell's woe. Sounds interesting.
Good news on the scale, we don't care if it's water when we gain it, so who cares if it's water when we lose it? Good job.

Have a great weekend, show those stairs who's boss!
Thanks honey!

Yeah I am def intrigued about his plan. I know it's all leaner cuts of meat, tons of veggies, legumes, nuts, healthy fats, and only *some* fruit. Let's face it, he didn't re-invent the wheel but I believe that it's all in the presentation and the structure. There's apparently 4 versions to his carb cycling.. easy, classic, turbo-charge, and fit.. Here's the bit I read about if anyone has the time..of course it doesn't tell "too much" because we're all supposed to run out and buy the book, right? It was definitely enough to pique my interest for sure!

Chris Powell-Carb Cycling 101

Stairs.....done them 4x already..in my pj's.. decided to wait until the kiddos are up before I do anymore tromping
Old 05-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #1359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks honey!

Yeah I am def intrigued about his plan. I know it's all leaner cuts of meat, tons of veggies, legumes, nuts, healthy fats, and only *some* fruit. Let's face it, he didn't re-invent the wheel but I believe that it's all in the presentation and the structure. There's apparently 4 versions to his carb cycling.. easy, classic, turbo-charge, and fit.. Here's the bit I read about if anyone has the time..of course it doesn't tell "too much" because we're all supposed to run out and buy the book, right? It was definitely enough to pique my interest for sure!

Chris Powell-Carb Cycling 101

Stairs.....done them 4x already..in my pj's.. decided to wait until the kiddos are up before I do anymore tromping
Wow, really interesting! Please buy the book so I don't have to... Seriously, someone here on the boards said a long time ago, "The key (to permanent weight loss) is finding your niche." Sounds simple but it's true. This carb cycling totally sounds doable to me.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #1360
Blabbermouth!!!

It's what I'm thinking too..and I "get it"..he recommends cycling because it keeps your metabolism guessing and always working.. I coulda bought it for my kindle already but I want the *actual* book in my hot lil hands so I can easily use it for reference, especially if I decide to do this!

I think this was something that I'd contemplated a long long time ago but gave up the notion because it seemed too "time consuming".. I was busy with work and all 3 kids were here and I was a crazy woman.. well, things have changed alot and I'm not using excuses anymore, so I may just go for it!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #1361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think this was something that I'd contemplated a long long time ago but gave up the notion because it seemed too "time consuming".. I was busy with work and all 3 kids were here and I was a crazy woman.. well, things have changed alot and I'm not using excuses anymore, so I may just go for it!

And....you've decided that YOU are WORTH the time to check this out. Right? Smart girl!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #1362
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
And....you've decided that YOU are WORTH the time to check this out. Right? Smart girl!
But of course!!

Kinda fun gettin all selfish and stuff!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #1363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
But of course!!

Kinda fun gettin all selfish and stuff!

Yes.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #1364
Blabbermouth!!!

Came in alittle high on calories yesterday.. about 160 over. I miscalculated dinner, forgot to include dressing for my salad and some cheese.. Ah well. It was still a very good day food wise.

Hot temps around these parts. I won't be outside much this weekend. Thankful I've got plenty to do inside, for once.

Quiet day today. Not a whole lot going on this afternoon. Movies tonight, maybe? Still need to plan dinner..what to do...what to do...
Old 06-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #1365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's so hard to plan dinner when it's HOT. I'd like to say I don't want to eat when it's hot but really I don't want to cook. I think I just realized why we eat take out so much in the summer.....

Stay cool! Can you enjoy the movies with out popcorn and butter? I rarely go anymore (but may make an exception for the new Star Trek movie) and I love popcorn when I do. Hmmm. Maybe that's why I don't go.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #1366
Blabbermouth!!!

We don't do butter on the popcorn..and without the butter it's much lower calories.. I can get away with a handful or 2 and be satisfied.. especially if we eat right before we go.

I couldn't imagine not going to the movies! That's my home away from home!

It's too freakin hot sometimes to just breathe! Cooking is usually the last on my list of fun things to do during the summer. I may opt for the crock pot today..we'll have to see.. DH may wanna do dinner out tonight since he's off a bit earlier today. Hhmmmmmmmm
Old 06-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #1367
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy June Danielle ~ Just caught up on your journal

Thanks for the inspiration !!! your new "Pink" blanket. When is the next concert.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #1368
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Cindy, good to see you!

I love that blanket! Between that one and the one I got at the show I keep plenty warm in the a/c Next show's in October, just a few short months away!
Old 06-03-2013, 02:49 AM   #1369

Aw D- I love the heat I cant wait to live in AZ!!!!! LOL I love Chris Powell's show I am sure the carb cycling is a good plan!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #1370

OH I love movie theater popcorn. I can't just have 1 or 2 handfuls! I am like a crazy woman with it. I don't like the butter, that stuff is nasty.....but the rest, I could do a large tub all on my own!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #1371
Major LCF Poster!

Morning, Dani! How goes it?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #1372
Blabbermouth!!!

So I got the book yesterday..On the second chapter as of last night and I am already bowled over. I love his philosophy regarding transformation...it's pretty powerful and gave me lots to think about in just the first 20 pages..

He talks about when he first meets his clients and asking them how they feel about themselves...almost all say how they hate themselves..they believe that because of how large they've gotten..200, 300...even 600 lbs.. they comment about how couldn't they hate themselves being that big. Most will answer about being compulsive eaters, not having willpower to exercise. Chris says they don't see what's really going on, nor understand how it all happened. He goes on to say, "you're certain that you hate yourself because you're overweight, and you're certain that you're overweight because you eat too much. But in fact you've got it backward. You eat too much and you've overweight because you hate yourself."

He talks about how transformation isn't weight loss but a journey of learning to love yourself, and transformation comes from the inside out.

Chris says you have to learn how to keep promises to yourself. So many of us have such strong integrity, always a "man/woman of his/her word" and we all are great at making and keeping promises to everyone else but ourselves. He asks, "what about keeping your promises to the most valuable and important person in the world? What about keeping your promises to you?!"

"THE MORE YOU HONOR YOUR INTEGRITY, THE MORE DIGNITY YOU HAVE"

I LOVE the following excerpt:

"Every time you make a promise to yourself, your self-esteem is on the line, so make only first-class promises you know you can keep. Give yourself the respect you deserve by making honest and authentic ones. How many times have you made wishy-washy, halfhearted promises like, "The diet starts Monday," or "I'll work out when I have the time"? And how many times have you shelved these pledges? Yeah, over and over, over again. You've got to get serious about your integrity. Transformation happens when you honor your promises over your reasons. So look yourself in the mirror; make a solid, real promise: and then fulfill that promise. The outcome will be powerful beyond measure.

That's just a bit of what I'm discovering and reading. I had to take some time last night and really think about the bits I've posted here. It gave me goosebumps and literally stopped me in my tracks when I read it. I re-read parts to DH and I had trouble getting the words out because it was like being smacked right between the eyes!

I have yet to get to the carb-cycling portion of his plan..I was very tempted to skip to that part and see about getting to it..but something tells me I'd best serve myself by following along each chapter IN ORDER..he has little questionaires about yourself..kinda scary.. the first one was interesting; it was questions about past successes and accomplishments. He asks you to lists passions, skills/talents, most daring thing you've ever done, what you love about your life right now, your biggest cheerleaders, most happy about achieving in the last 2 years..all very awesome and valid questions; things that I hadn't really thought about all at once, or written down, for that matter. DH actually had to help me with some things...I had a hard time acknowledging my talents and compliments All very eye-opening and his purpose was to PROVE that we ALL have alot going for us.

GREAT day yesterday. I was worried because it was my first day of dealing with DH being home all day and me being back on track. I did very well and he was great about being thoughtful about my choices and understanding WHY I need to do this. I'd say my biggest downfall yesterday was water. I hate hate hate drinking alot of water when we are out & about because I hate visiting every public restroom in town! I even got to enjoy a "light" daiquiri at dinner..it was so refreshing after a long day.

DH is off today and crossing my fingers it goes as well as yesterday! It's 90 degress already and barely after 10am... Yick!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #1373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you for being so generous with this posting. Lots of great info. The questioning part, asking about oneself, that's always so hard for me, it's like homework I don't want to do! It's necessary I think, but not easy. I don't know exactly what carb cycling is, I have an idea of sorts and I like the idea of it. Can't wait to learn more.

You're such a lucky girl to have a DH so in tune with you and willing to bend to fit your needs. It's a rarity. I too hate public restrooms and purposely go without water because of it, no wonder I get UTI's when we travel by car.

Hope you had a great day today!

PS: what's a light daiquiri? I want one.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 06-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #1374
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Danielle ~ Book and plan sounds amazing. Thanks so much for sharing. Love, love, love this line ~ "THE MORE YOU HONOR YOUR INTEGRITY, THE MORE DIGNITY YOU HAVE"
Old 06-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #1375
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm glad you liked it! I wish I could put so much more on here, but there's ALOT!

The next set of questions Chris is asking about broken promises to yourself...
  • What were my New Year's resolutions last year? What other promises have I recently made to myself?
  • Did I keep any of them? Why or why not?
  • Did I make any progress on them? Why or why not?
  • Did I abandon them? Why or why not?
  • When I make a promise to myself, do I keep it? Why or why not?
  • When I make a promise, do I write it down? Post reminders everywhere?
  • Do I share my promises with anyone else? When I do, are they supportive, or do they doubt I'll be able to keep them?
  • What's the biggest obstacle to keeping my promises to myself? Time? Money? Friends? Family? Anything else?
  • How can I plan ahead and work around these obstacles?
  • What will it take to make my promises to myself the number one priority in my life?

Chris Powell:
The Power of Keeping Your Promises:
"As the old Chinese proverb goes, "Every journey begins with a single step". The way we see it, every transformation begins with a single promise. That's why the very first transformation promise you make to yourself must be so small that it's actually attainable, even when life gets in the way. It has to be so doable that you know you can fulfill it. Then you can add another little promise and master that one. Each tiny promise is a step on your journey to transformation."

Here's an example:
"When people ask us how much cardio they should do to burn fat, our answer is "Gimme five minutes." Doesn't matter what it is--a jog around the block, walking in place while watching TV-- just do it for five minutes. It's a five minute promise that you can fulfill every day. If five minutes makes you feel so good you want to do five more, that's great: You'll just reach your goal faster. But the promise is for only five minutes of cardio. Hit those five and you win. Period. Do four minutes and fifity-nine seconds and you lose. It's not about the cardio-- it's about YOU and THE PROMISE you made!"

"Every single promise puts your self-love on the line, so only make promises that you can keep--and keep them! When clients keep their promises, they learn how to love themselves, and they can do almost anything. Loving yourself is the most valuable gift you can give yourself. When you love yourself, you can realize your dreams."
----------
Again, lot's to think about! ^^^^^^

I'll tell ya, writing and answering anything is excruciating for me. I have yet to figure out why? I'm hoping the answers will pop out to me as I continue...

I "thought" I knew what carb cycling was, but I have a feeling I don't!
Can't wait to get to that part!!

I do have a pretty amazeballs hubby. He will do whatever to help me, he really will... he wants me to be happy, bottom line. He asks me questions about what I'm doing, what I've read, so I KNOW he's listening!

It was one of those flavored foo-foo frozen thingies they sell at the grocery.. this was a Parrot's Bay "light" strawberry daquiri...it was like 149 cals for the entire thing..I had the extra calories so I chose it
Old 06-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #1376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just looking at those questions make my palms sweat.

I know one thing for sure, I made no promises to myself on New Year's, this year, because I couldn't stand the idea of breaking another one.

Love ya Kiddo, see you in the morning!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:09 AM   #1377

D- I was online and thinking about getting the book, and now you have me convinced!!! Now which one did you get, cause I see he has 2? I love him on TV, he has a neat aura about him, so I should just go get the book!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #1378

Danielle - very interesting stuff from his book! I can't wait to hear more about it!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #1379
Major LCF Poster!

D, thanks for sharing the excerpts! I think he is spot-on regarding keeping promises we make to ourselves...I know I do this a lot. I have lots of great ideas and get excited, and then I quickly lose steam and just drift back to my old, convenient habits.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #1380
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Just looking at those questions make my palms sweat.

I know one thing for sure, I made no promises to myself on New Year's, this year, because I couldn't stand the idea of breaking another one.

Love ya Kiddo, see you in the morning!
Tough questions..and I imagine there's more! So hard to be *that* honest with yourself, it's painful and kinda humiliating but then I keep going back to the first questionaire that shows me how amazing I really am and then I'm ok

I didn't make a NYE resolution this year for the first time in since forever...but I know I've made plenty at every other time to make up for it ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
D- I was online and thinking about getting the book, and now you have me convinced!!! Now which one did you get, cause I see he has 2? I love him on TV, he has a neat aura about him, so I should just go get the book!
It's his new one.. Choose More, Lose More for Life. The first one is the one where he introduced his carb cycling plan..but only 1 version of it.. his second book has a total 4 plans to fit anyone's lifestyle. I'm barely 1/4 of the way thru the book, I need to step on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Danielle - very interesting stuff from his book! I can't wait to hear more about it!
Hey lady, have a great day! I'm sure there will be lots more to share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
D, thanks for sharing the excerpts! I think he is spot-on regarding keeping promises we make to ourselves...I know I do this a lot. I have lots of great ideas and get excited, and then I quickly lose steam and just drift back to my old, convenient habits.
Can't even begin to tell you how many promises I've broken to myself..and he's absolutely right...I go thru hell and back again for everybody else, except myself..I give up so easily on myself and it has to stop. Convenient has to become a dirty word!
----------------------------------------

So I didn't read anymore last night.. I'm finding that I can't just zoom through this portion of the book. Others might be able to, but for me, there is alot of emotional and mental stuff there that's really making me think. I am really trying to OWN the journey through this and be as honest as i can about things and feel it. I'll probably post later this afternoon after doing some reading, so bear with me.

I peeked at the scale today after having a dream last night that I'd gained 10lbs ... I'm down a pound so far...hopefully Friday's weigh in will be good... TOM is due any second so praying like hell I get to hang onto that loss this week!

Got brekkie under my belt and I'm already starting to feel hungry again...yep, AF is lurking..I always get this way at this time every month.. Time to stay busy and OUT of the kitchen!!!
Closed Thread