Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #1261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Welcome back Dani! For sure, this is such a personal thing to all of us. The feed back and encouragement here is wonderful and amazing and if we could do it with just that...we would. I don't know why it seems effortless for some and so difficult for others (like me, like you). Digging deep is hard to do when we feel like we've already dug to the bottom. I applaud you. In the end, we have to do what is best for ourselves, follow the path that can get us where we want to go. That oh so bumpy, twisty, turn-y path. Take our fate in our own hands. I'm with you.
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #1262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Thrilled you are back girl! You are amazing, no matter what NUMBER is noted on the scale!!!
So true take care of yourself hunni xx
Old 05-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #1263
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You guys are so sweet. I'm still fumbling around a bit but I'll survive.
The hardest part for me is getting out of my own way long enough to trust the process... it's ridiculously hard for me the last few years and I've no idea why.

I'm contemplating the idea of joining a gym again.. I did love it when I had a membership a few years ago...it inspired me to eat right and I loved having somewhere to be for a couple hrs a day. This SAHM stuff is hard going, esp when your role is diminishing by the second!
I'm realizing that it's actually quite tragic if I can't use this time wisely and get myself together and healthy.

Anyways, I'm going to probably attempt calorie counting for a bit and see where it takes me and eventually get back to JUDDD after a couple weeks. I want to get in the habit of just logging my food and being accountable again.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 05-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #1264
Senior LCF Member

I wish I felt like that about joining a gym.. sure it would help so much as our local one has a hydrotherapy pool so would be fab for my Fibro pains but I was married to a Personal Trainer for 8 years and he made me despise even the thought of exercise!

You keep at it girl, when it get's tough just stop in here and we'll all say hi xx
Old 05-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #1265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani, as much as I hate logging my food, it really helps me stay straight and if not, I can't venture off for too long. Good job, I think that's a great idea!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #1266
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
I wish I felt like that about joining a gym.. sure it would help so much as our local one has a hydrotherapy pool so would be fab for my Fibro pains but I was married to a Personal Trainer for 8 years and he made me despise even the thought of exercise!

You keep at it girl, when it get's tough just stop in here and we'll all say hi xx
Thanks Gina! I had such a great experience with the last gym. I had a fantastic personal trainer at the time that taught me a lot in a very short amount of time. The gym here offers tanning, hydrotherapy, and massage..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Dani, as much as I hate logging my food, it really helps me stay straight and if not, I can't venture off for too long. Good job, I think that's a great idea!
I hate logging too! But, I got used to it with JUDDD'ing last time and what an eye-opening experience...so easy to turn a blind eye to what goes into your mouth!!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #1267
Blabbermouth!!!

So while I didn't have any "kind" of day yesterday..I logged.. not too shabby really.. 1900 cals and that was flying by the seat of my pants.
Going to just keep holding myself accountable through the weekend and get myself to at least workout at least twice...more would be amazeballs but let's be realistic, shall we?

Going to jump in with JUDDD next week FOR SURE. I'm convinced it is the best thing for me. The remainder of this week is going to be about cutting back and cutting out some things that I shouldn't be having in the first place! Like soda!

Couple fun things happened yesterday. One; I found out that my boy is going to come home for 2 weeks this summer. His new apt won't be ready when his lease is up on his old place...so mommy gets to mommy for a couple weeks! And two; I won this really cool one of a kind P!NK blanket it's ssoooooo cool! I'll take a pic when it comes...it's coming all the way from OZ!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #1268
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hey, to answer your question, you can sign up for a trainer to design a workout program for you. They also have 30 minute sessions for up to 5 people where they lead you through a workout for specific areas, like legs, arms, abs, 30 minute circuit, etc. I haven't tried this yet, but they can give you a copy of the schedule when you go to look and/or sign up.

I am seeking a personal trainer outside of PF b/c I want someone to be with me every time...I'm going to start focusing on heavy lifting soon b/c I've seen some amazing before & afters online!

Good luck, chica!

Consistently act on what you already know. If you wait for "perfect" conditions, then you'll never get anything done.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #1269
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the info, J!!

I really want a trainer...I think I need the accountability..just haven't talked myself into it completely, yet. I could kick myself for not just doing what I was supposed to a few years back when I had my trusty trainer at my disposal, with him tellin me everything I needed to do. Meh!

Anywho...onward, right?
Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #1270
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
ONWARD is correct! Happy Friday girl!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #1271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Welcome back Danni! I think a trainer is a great idea and you DESERVE it!
Old 05-18-2013, 04:22 AM   #1272
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
How exciting about our son and your winning. Can't wait to see it!!!
Old 05-21-2013, 01:42 AM   #1273
Senior LCF Member

How are you getting on Dani?
Hope you're good girl x
Old 05-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #1274
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Gina, thanks for checkin on me girly! I'm here, I'm doing ok. Just busy!!

Saw Star Trek Friday night....awesome movie! Now to get ready for Fast 6 and Hangover 3 this week!

Started RS this morning. 1T kinda made my tummy rumbly but I'll tell ya, that starving-I-could-eat-the-counter feeling I woke up with this morning has gone away! Maybe there is hope for this?

Going for a DD today. So far so good!

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to weigh daily or not? I think I may just do it weekly, but still on the fence.

Reigning it in and getting going!

Last edited by DesertGurl; 05-21-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Old 05-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #1275
Senior LCF Member

My Mum saw startrek on Friday too & she said it was good! We usually wait until stuff comes out on DVD & we can download it

Sounds like your getting back into the swing of things, keep at it hunni xx
Old 05-22-2013, 04:51 AM   #1276
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, Danielle! Happy to hear you have a plan and are ready to kick booty! Sometimes we all gotta refocus -- hey, we're human! lol.

Hope all is good your way!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #1277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Hi Dani!!! Long time!! I just started JUDDDing and have been thinking of you over here fighting the good fight...
Old 05-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #1278
Blabbermouth!!!

Gail! Omg, so good to see you!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to come visit me. You have been through somethin else the last few months! My thoughts and prayers are with you guys as Tony gets his health back. I'm so glad that you're back, you've been missed!!

Gina~ LOL, well, we go see it in the theater and then we buy it when it comes out on blu-ray! LOL Some of the stuff that we're just "eh" on, we'll just buy codes to own it via streaming instead of investing blu-ray $ to it.. I've gotten really picky in my old age!

Jayce~ thank ya honey! I'm trying, but man, it's HARD!!!!

Amy~ Heya girl!!! Wow, I can't believe you decided to give JUDDD a try!! So glad!! I'm trying hard to get back on the wagon...it's always so hard to fly right again after so much time off Don't be a stranger and come post with us!!!

-----------------------

Blew the DD It wasn't *horrible* day but it wasn't a DD... more like a MD.. I hate it when I do this!!! Grrrrrr! But I refuse to give up! I will keep holding myself accountable to logging my food and making smarter choices.....and pray like hell that in the next week or so I'll just go for it and do JUDDD correctly.

Only ended up doing 1T of RS yesterday. Felt some decrease in appetite with it so I will continue to try and work with it and see what happens. I only had hot coffee this morning so I'll have to go for it before lunchtime in a shake or something.. I'm hopeful that this will have the healing properties for insulin like it says it can.

2 half-days left for DD and school...I cannot believe another year has come & gone! Summer break is here!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #1279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Dessert Girly-o! Sorry 'bout the DD, I feel ya...I can't seem to do anything right...at the moment. I think I need a good hypnotist! Seriously...or a Head Shrinker, I can't seem to shrink anything else.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #1280
Senior LCF Member

I do need to start coming in here more and posting..I need some support! I did a one day "fast" (didn't eat until dinner..) and it seemed to actually result in some weight loss so I decided to jump in. Nothing has been working. I have gotten back up to 236 (but down to 234 today!). So frustrating. I eat better (try to keep it pretty low carb and all natural) than anyone I know and workout on a regular basis yet....FAT! Had my doc test my thyroid because I am also exhausted all the time..it's perfect, the jerk. SO getting some other stuff tested tomorrow..

I am leaving for MEXICO on Sunday, but when I am back I am throwing myself right back into JUDDD.. going to try to keep it gluten free as much as possible on vacation and not make a pig of myself..
Old 05-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #1281
Blabbermouth!!!

Blondie~ (heehee!).. um, yeah, I cannot stay on track with anything to save my life. I consider it lucky that I'm actually owning it all and tracking the stuff I know I'm not supposed to be eating.. HOW in hell do I expect to actually see any progress when I can't actually get off the ground at the starting line? Frustrating myself beyond words.

Amy~ did you run a full thyroid panel? TSH won't tell ya diddly just an FYI..if you know already, sorry, just making sure!
Enjoy your vacay, sounds fun!!!!! Looking forward to seeing you around here..it's been very lonely for awhile..everyone disappeared!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #1282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Blondie~ (heehee!).. um, yeah, I cannot stay on track with anything to save my life. I consider it lucky that I'm actually owning it all and tracking the stuff I know I'm not supposed to be eating.. HOW in hell do I expect to actually see any progress when I can't actually get off the ground at the starting line? Frustrating myself beyond words.
I know. And yet we persevere. We are AWESOME!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #1283
Blabbermouth!!!

Why are you going to choose failure when success is an option? -Jillian Michaels

^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^ right here....yep, time to figure it out!
Jillian really REALLY needs to get outta my head!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #1284
Major LCF Poster!

I think it's more that we subconsciously tend to sabotage ourselves at different times -- I have gotten so in the habit of making excuses without even really noticing it. I am working on being more AWARE.

I am proud of you and everyone else who still keeps trying -- THAT is what makes a warrior in my book. We will beat this.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #1285
Senior LCF Member

She ran a TSH and a T4 Free (not a CLUE what either of those are...she said thyroid was fine..I am really, sadly, hoping that it would be the problem). Running B12 & 6, Iron, Blood sugar, D, and Lyme's test tomorrow. If all those are fine she wants me to do a sleep study..yuck.

I am kinda proud of the fact that I just keep trying to lose weight. Then on the other hand, I think that people look at me (not here...you guys UNDERSTAND, I am sure..) and believe that I am not really 'trying' because if I did I would be thin, right? Screw 'em!!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #1286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not a Doctor and I don't play one on TV. I don't begin to pretend to understand why we fail or succeed...or sabotage. I have an idea that for myself, my brain tricks me into rationalizing things that my brain/body thinks I need. I mean do I really need that extra glass of wine, or those tortilla chips? Rationally I know this but I can easily be persuaded that I do and it's okay...because it's not just what I want, but something my brain says I need. Go figure. The only time I've ever been able to 'quiet' this type of thing is by total abstinence from the offending food or drink. Usually low carb. And, even LC is easy to fall off. Just a tiny push. Sometimes I wish I could be medically supervised and just starve it off.

Do you ever think sometimes it would be easier not to eat at all, than make the hard decisions?
Old 05-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #1287
Major LCF Poster!

Yea, it's hard b/c we have to eat -- we have to deal with it every day. It's not like liquor, smoking, shopping addiction, etc. Those are all avoidable, although still hard to surpass. We HAVE to friggin' eat, and there are a million and one factors day-to-day tied into it. It's a neverending struggle, it seems. LOL
Old 05-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #1288
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I think it's more that we subconsciously tend to sabotage ourselves at different times -- I have gotten so in the habit of making excuses without even really noticing it. I am working on being more AWARE.

I am proud of you and everyone else who still keeps trying -- THAT is what makes a warrior in my book. We will beat this.
That's just it.....I *choose* to sabotage (failure) rather than bask in success..... we get in the habit of making excuses because of underlying things that keep us from realizing our potential.. I believe some (ALOT) of mine has to do with the way I was raised and what I am pushing against the last several years of breaking free from the toxic environment that was my relationship w/ my family.... being more aware is the first step in breaking the cycle for sure, and it can be VERY painful.... (in my experience anyways..) but I am learning to not fear it anymore, if anything it's made me angry and fueling me to keep going..it's where my strength comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
She ran a TSH and a T4 Free (not a CLUE what either of those are...she said thyroid was fine..I am really, sadly, hoping that it would be the problem). Running B12 & 6, Iron, Blood sugar, D, and Lyme's test tomorrow. If all those are fine she wants me to do a sleep study..yuck.

I am kinda proud of the fact that I just keep trying to lose weight. Then on the other hand, I think that people look at me (not here...you guys UNDERSTAND, I am sure..) and believe that I am not really 'trying' because if I did I would be thin, right? Screw 'em!!
I believe to gain a true understanding of the whole way your thyroid is working you need Free T4 and T3, as well as sex hormones, iron and ferritin. and vit. D also is a good thing to test. I still need to get this stuff done, and I've resolved myself into knowing that I am going to have to order these tests myself to prove to a doctor exactly what we're dealing with here..I am also going to go to a holistic doc more than likely just because they seem to be more in tune with hormonal issues.. my GP doc told me to just lose some weight and my feet would quit hurting... *insert middle-finger here* ...Um, OK??? I'm convinced that I've either got thyroid issues or an hormonal imbalance... it sucks being a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I'm not a Doctor and I don't play one on TV. I don't begin to pretend to understand why we fail or succeed...or sabotage. I have an idea that for myself, my brain tricks me into rationalizing things that my brain/body thinks I need. I mean do I really need that extra glass of wine, or those tortilla chips? Rationally I know this but I can easily be persuaded that I do and it's okay...because it's not just what I want, but something my brain says I need. Go figure. The only time I've ever been able to 'quiet' this type of thing is by total abstinence from the offending food or drink. Usually low carb. And, even LC is easy to fall off. Just a tiny push. Sometimes I wish I could be medically supervised and just starve it off.

Do you ever think sometimes it would be easier not to eat at all, than make the hard decisions?
The brain is a tricky lil sucker.. I have associated good moods with "fun food" since childhood... growing up my mom's moods could be quite volatile at the drop of a hat and would create massive chaos emotionally for me...and then when she was in the "happy place" it usually equated to food and usually junk.... so my rationalization goes right to fun-time/yum foods when I'm super happy... Yanno, the struggle has been so big for me the last couple years I have truly come to detest food. Period. I don't take any joy in any of it anymore because it's taken up so much of my thought process for soooooo long. I haven't felt excited about meal planning at all, if anything, I dread it every day. This mindset isn't a great one to have when you need to stick to something long term, I know! I've told DH before, if I never had to eat again I would be deliriously happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Yea, it's hard b/c we have to eat -- we have to deal with it every day. It's not like liquor, smoking, shopping addiction, etc. Those are all avoidable, although still hard to surpass. We HAVE to friggin' eat, and there are a million and one factors day-to-day tied into it. It's a neverending struggle, it seems. LOL
No escaping it. I always joke and ask why can't I hate chocolate and sweet stuff (beer? ).. like so many people do...it would make things SO much easier! Weight loss is 99% mental. Gotta get it right upstairs before we can put it all into action all the way. I dont want to struggle anymore...I don't want food or moods to trigger so much control over my daily life.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #1289
Blabbermouth!!!

Just reposting my comments from Blonde's thread...

Yeah Yeah Yeah....I'm kinda quote-y today... seems like someone is trying to tell me (you?) something?????

This was on my twitter feed....

Be Healthy‏@BeHeaIthy
An attitude of "whatever is convenient" won't accomplish very much. An attitude of "whatever it takes" is impossible to stop.

So I ask (mainly myself), at what point do we start doing "whatever it takes" and run over whatever gets in the way???
Old 05-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #1290
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Just reposting my comments from Blonde's thread...

Yeah Yeah Yeah....I'm kinda quote-y today... seems like someone is trying to tell me (you?) something?????

This was on my twitter feed....

Be Healthy‏@BeHeaIthy
An attitude of "whatever is convenient" won't accomplish very much. An attitude of "whatever it takes" is impossible to stop.

So I ask (mainly myself), at what point do we start doing "whatever it takes" and run over whatever gets in the way???
NICE quote!!! Girl, I totally need to write that one down...I am so lazy sometimes, it's not even funny -- mainly when it comes to what I eat. I never plan ahead and am always buying stuff out (thus wasting a lot of money, to boot!). I must start grocery shopping (with a LIST -- gasp!), pre-portioning, etc.

Thanks for sharing.
Closed Thread