LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #1201
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Sounds like a fun day yesterday with DH. I'm so sorry DD16 is having so many problems. Is she finding it tough to keep up with school? Just another stress for her to deal with, I'm sure. I sure hope you can get it figured out for her.
It was a very fun day! As for DD16, nope, no issues keeping up with school..she's got a 4.0 and loves class.. Seems to be food she's reacting to, we may opt to go for allergy testing so we can see what in particular her poor lil body reacts to.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #1202
Blabbermouth!!!

This was on TBL this past week and it's really really stuck with me. I know I'm guilty of it and I need to keep focus and remember why I want this!

On Biggest Loser note, they're now beginning casting for season 15 for anyone interested. Hard to believe there have been 14 seasons already!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #1203
Blabbermouth!!!

Weird day yesterday. Not quite sure what it was that made it that way, but all I know is I was really glad when it was time for bed!

DD16 was up at the buttcrack of dawn to go to a volunteer gig so i was up to drive her there, and then I was too awake to go back to bed @ 6am so I've been up and fidgety all morning.

Reading articles on perimeno and hormone imbalances, and the more I read the more I am convinced that this is what's plaguing me. I KNOW how to lose weight, I know what it takes, I know hard work. I've done it before! I have experienced so many oddball symptoms over the course of the last 8-10 years that I never considered..until now. Seeing them all together is like being hit with a brick. So I'm not crazy! ...and perhaps not quite as neurotic as everyone thinks I am? HA!!

I think we're going to see Oblivion tonight. Dinner maybe??

I am reconsidering JUDDD again. I have missed it immensely (sp?)!

Off to get the laundry rolling and housework done before mom's taxi goes into full effect for the weekend

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 04-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #1204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melanie09
Stats: 217/184.8/160 5'9"
WOE: Low carb/Fast 5
Start Date: LC 9/10/12, JUDDD 10/28/12, Fast 5 3/11/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post

I am reconsidering JUDDD again. I have missed it immensely (sp?)!
Than you should! If you don't do it low carb, than at least try to do it sugar and wheat free. I figure that we can only expect our bodies to be as healthy as the food we put in them!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #1205
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie09 View Post
Than you should! If you don't do it low carb, than at least try to do it sugar and wheat free. I figure that we can only expect our bodies to be as healthy as the food we put in them!
You're so right! I haven't decided what I wanna do yet.

kinda a mess right now with the food thing, and no real clear understanding WHY??

Anywho, busy day at home. DH is home and planning something.....
Saw Oblivion last night. Odd, good movie all at the same time.....Tommy boy looked good tho!

DD doing better without the cheese so far.... she's discovered tortilla chips, this could become an intervention
Old 04-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #1206
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
D - when I was first diagnosed, I ate Fritos and M&M's daily! I was truly morning the loss of GLUTEN! I put on 10 pouds quickly! wonder why?? We saw 42 this weekend. It was a great movie!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #1207
Blabbermouth!!!

Oooo are M&M's GF????? She'd love that!

She's doing fabulous since the omission of the cheese.. 3 days of no aches or pains.
We went to the grocery to get deli meat, the woman working was more than willing and accommodating and sanitized an entire slicer to do our order.. she loves deli meat. It took us literally 40 min. of standing there waiting for things to get clean but it was worth it for her to have some of her fave stuff for lunches, etc..

Kinda not feeling good.. I've got a pain in my abdomen slightly to the left of my belly button and slightly up a bit.. maybe an ovary, I dunno? Will monitor and see..just praying there is no ER visit in my future.

Weather has gone to HOT this week. Meh. Not ready for that yet!

Not sure what's on the agenda today, or the menu for that matter! I'm thinking maybe grilling for dinner
Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #1208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
So glad your DD is feeling better!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Oooo are M&M's GF????? She'd love that!
All of them except the Pretzel ones and the Krispy ones.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #1210

So proud of your DD16. GF is NOT easy, I would think especially for a TEEN!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #1211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hope you're having a good Tuesday!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #1212
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
So glad your DD is feeling better!
Spoke too soon! She woke up feeling kinda icky today..not enought to stay home but........

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
All of them except the Pretzel ones and the Krispy ones.
Yikes! I dunno if I'll share that bit of information! ....she loves M&M's..

Quote:
So proud of your DD16. GF is NOT easy, I would think especially for a TEEN!
She's been quite the trooper...altho now I dunno wth to think? Hoping it's just some adjusting going on and her gut cleaning and working on itself... is there an adjustment period where there are still flare-ups despite clean eating??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Hope you're having a good Tuesday!
Thanks honey! I'm trying to, feeling kinda blah tho?
---------------------
Feeling kinda meh today..

Food is ok, not stellar. It's not lc but doing ok with calories enough to at least be maintaining at the moment.....definitely not ok to be doing if I want to see some sort of transformation in 6 months time.

Skipped breakfast--no appetite, my side area of my abdomen still feels wonky.

Just realized that DD18 has like 2 wks of school left, and DD16 has about 4wks.. Where did this school year go!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #1213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hope the 'meh' feeling goes away hun! x
Old 04-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #1214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
Hey!! Just stopping by to check on you.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #1215

Quote:
She's been quite the trooper...altho now I dunno wth to think? Hoping it's just some adjusting going on and her gut cleaning and working on itself... is there an adjustment period where there are still flare-ups despite clean eating??
It can take several months for the damage to correct itself in her TUMMY. So, just have her stay the coarse!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #1216
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica, thanks for all your help with the kiddo. I'd be lost without you!

DD16 ended up being totally fine yesterday after a couple hours.. and she was good all night and woke up today chipper and smiley like the girl I love.

Rode the scale today..

234.4 MEH!

This is what happens when daily weighing does not occur...I cannot skip days on this thing, allow for time away from it.....it's too easy for denial to seep in and totally take over. So, with that thought, what I need to do is keep in mind the reasons for fluctuations (TOM, water retention, lack of sleep, etc..) that affect the scale in the slightest and not let *gains* get to me when I see them....I obviously NEED the daily weighing to keep accountable afterall

Wonky day today.. DH left for TX today at like 5am and it's just me and the kiddos.. weird feeling!!! I guess the girls & I will make something for dinner that he doesn't like, that way he won't feel left out of anything
Old 04-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #1217

That's funny! If your DH is like mine, there really isn't ANYTHING he WON'T EAT!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #1218
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That's funny! If your DH is like mine, there really isn't ANYTHING he WON'T EAT!
Perhaps I should've said, he just won't miss? He'll eat whatever, even when it's something in a million years he'd never pick to eat. I guess daddy's get used to that when little ones are picking the eats, huh?
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #1219
Blabbermouth!!!

Quiet quiet day and night... DH ended up missing his flight.. tried to get on a couple stand-by's but no go.. who knew so many people flying out of TX on a Wednesday night! ...so, with that, he'll be home in the mornin. Just me and the little kiddo tonight...soooo weird!

I have been thinking about what I wanna do plan wise.. I think I'm probably going to go back to JUDDD. I am going to do my best to keep it lower carbs and definitely low sugar/no sugar. I like the ease of DD's, the freedom is awesome and I love the feeling of fasting.

Getting a handle on this now before I spin too much more out of control. I've been so tired and lethargic the last week or so...definitely time to get going and quit messing around.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #1220

D - sorry DH missed his flight. That stinks. Deciding a plan is tough...go with your GUT (no pun intended )
Old 04-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #1221
Senior LCF Member

Sorry he missed his flight!

I'm having the same quandary as you Danielle...
Struggling with low carb not because I'm not losing but because I'm so tempted with things like my Mother in Law making fresh Irish Soda bread!!

Do I stick to low carb..... battle through and keep havign days where I fail or go to JUDDD when I know I can restrict myself on my down days knowing I can enjoy what I eat on my up days xx
Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #1222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Danielle, hope you are having a good day!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #1223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey there Dani!

I'm sorry you have pain...if it was your right side I'd say maybe gallbladder, but what's on the left? Pancreas? I flunked med school. If it gets bad or you start to run a fever, maybe good to get it checked out right away. As for the GF thing, it took quite a while to feel lots better and no time at all to feel bad if I eat wheat. Not being celiacs I do tend to sneak a bite here and there and I'm almost immediately sorry. Still addicted to the stuff enough to keep sneaking it, though. Like last night's big chunk of french bread

I think JUDDD made you feel the happiest, and I think you're right to go back. I've talked to a lot of JUDDD'rs and there seems to be a consensus about giving it up after a time, but then going back after a time. It may be the stress (body stress) of the alternate days. A few ladies here have gone to a 5/2 alternate as a reprieve from the every other day thing and are enjoying that quite a bit. I personally think anything that is going to reduce the over-all calorie count of your week is going to help you. It may not be fast (what is?) but it's a move in the right direction.

Sorry DH missed his flight. Texas has been going through some rough days since the explosion and that may account for the extra traffic in and out of the airport.

I hope you feel lots better soon!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #1224
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
D - sorry DH missed his flight. That stinks. Deciding a plan is tough...go with your GUT (no pun intended )
He was pretty bummed to be stuck in TX, lemme tell ya! ... goin with my GUT...that made me laugh BTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Sorry he missed his flight!

I'm having the same quandary as you Danielle...
Struggling with low carb not because I'm not losing but because I'm so tempted with things like my Mother in Law making fresh Irish Soda bread!!

Do I stick to low carb..... battle through and keep havign days where I fail or go to JUDDD when I know I can restrict myself on my down days knowing I can enjoy what I eat on my up days xx
I can so relate to the temptations, etc! It got to be so hard having DH eating one way and me lc'ing...it was so much easier to do JUDDD and be able to eat like everyone else. The beauty of JUDDD is awesome, I hope you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Danielle, hope you are having a good day!
Hiya SweetiePie! so far so good, but then, it's not even 10am..lots of time in the day yet to get into trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hey there Dani!

I'm sorry you have pain...if it was your right side I'd say maybe gallbladder, but what's on the left? Pancreas? I flunked med school. If it gets bad or you start to run a fever, maybe good to get it checked out right away. As for the GF thing, it took quite a while to feel lots better and no time at all to feel bad if I eat wheat. Not being celiacs I do tend to sneak a bite here and there and I'm almost immediately sorry. Still addicted to the stuff enough to keep sneaking it, though. Like last night's big chunk of french bread

I think JUDDD made you feel the happiest, and I think you're right to go back. I've talked to a lot of JUDDD'rs and there seems to be a consensus about giving it up after a time, but then going back after a time. It may be the stress (body stress) of the alternate days. A few ladies here have gone to a 5/2 alternate as a reprieve from the every other day thing and are enjoying that quite a bit. I personally think anything that is going to reduce the over-all calorie count of your week is going to help you. It may not be fast (what is?) but it's a move in the right direction.

Sorry DH missed his flight. Texas has been going through some rough days since the explosion and that may account for the extra traffic in and out of the airport.

I hope you feel lots better soon!
My left side... It totally feels like "women stuff"... I'm fine today so far..

As for DD and the GF thing...what can I say, she's a teenager! She's gonna want junk food and snacks and I can't watch her 1000% so it's gotta really be up to her to decide if the pains are worth the cheats, so to speak.. What's hard and frustrating for me is when she isn't honest with me about eating something she probably shouldn't have, etc... She's been pretty good ultimately and I've gotten good at hiding the stuff I KNOW she'll want to get into that aren't GF... Trying to convince DH that we don't *need* the extra stuff in the house anyways but I tend to feel guilty telling him how he should be eating, kwim?

Lovely JUDDD..what can I say? I spoke alot about loving the freedom of DD's and feeling very in control etc... what's hard is watching people sail on down the scale in a matter of months totally breezing by me I recognize that we are all different, blah blah blah... but c'mon, let's be honest.......IT SUCkS! I feel ready mentally to go for it again so I'm gonna jump in and see where it takes me....I can tweak as I go and since I'm lc'ing now it won't feel quite as scary to incorporate parts of that into it.

Kinda sucky having to spend an entire day and night with co-workers that you don't particularly care for...... I think the guys he was with were kinda offended that he didn't choose to partake in the late night meal at some hole-in-the-wall Caribbean place and then drinking til 3am...(they were on their way to the airport at 4:30!)... He said, too bad they couldn't have gotten stuck somewhere "cool"...like maybe San Francisco or something

So I think I will start with a DD on Saturday.. tonight and tomorrow we've got plans that involve meals, etc... want to make sure I get on a good rotation that coincides with DH's work schedule...totally awesome that he's an every other day at work too on a rolling 2 weeks, completely fits with rotations!

Going to try for a complete week of OoO again and begin the probiotics..I believe I truly need those! My vitamin intake has been lacking too so going to step up and get diligent with them again...I believe I felt better when I was consistent with those.

Last edited by DesertGurl; 04-25-2013 at 09:58 AM..
Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #1225
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Dani! Seems like you've thought it through pretty well, and you've gotten great feedback from others here. I think JUDD fits you well, based on your previous posts. I do think it's important to "watch" carb intake b/c we don't need anywhere near the amount the FDA tries to tell us we do, but I also believe that calorie restriction helps, cycling levels helps, and sometimes we need tastes of stuff we love.

You are going to do GREAT!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #1226
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hey Danielle, it's been tough watching you go through all these struggles. I hope JUDDD will do the trick for you this time around. Maybe you just needed to shake things up and your body will respond to it again. I sure hope so, and we'll be glad to have your sweet face and presence on the JUDDD board again.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #1227

D - there is a bunch of TEENAGE type food that is GF. I mean, chips, cheetos, popcorn, M&M's, a bunch of chocolate, you name it. If you need a recipe for something she wants, let me know. I can search my stash of go to recipes!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #1228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
D - there is a bunch of TEENAGE type food that is GF. I mean, chips, cheetos, popcorn, M&M's, a bunch of chocolate, you name it. If you need a recipe for something she wants, let me know. I can search my stash of go to recipes!
OMG... ***CHEETOS*** I luuuurve them but we can't get them over here, my Dad lives in Central Oregon and sends me a few big bags over in a "care package" every now and then xx
Old 04-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #1229
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Hey Dani! Seems like you've thought it through pretty well, and you've gotten great feedback from others here. I think JUDD fits you well, based on your previous posts. I do think it's important to "watch" carb intake b/c we don't need anywhere near the amount the FDA tries to tell us we do, but I also believe that calorie restriction helps, cycling levels helps, and sometimes we need tastes of stuff we love.

You are going to do GREAT!
Thanks for your confidence! I'm gonna try for sure, this plan just seems to fit me so well. I am going to have to limit carbs because I can't stop after awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Hey Danielle, it's been tough watching you go through all these struggles. I hope JUDDD will do the trick for you this time around. Maybe you just needed to shake things up and your body will respond to it again. I sure hope so, and we'll be glad to have your sweet face and presence on the JUDDD board again.
Aw thanks. It's been hard watching me go through it too Love the ideas of JUDDD it fits my lifestyle sooooo well.

Quote:
She's gotten some Dove chocolates that I have hidden and doling out a few at a time. She saw the cheeto's and debated but for whatever reason she put them back. I'm proud of her for making more of an effort to consume more fresh veggies and fruit..she's loving on frozen grapes at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
OMG... ***CHEETOS*** I luuuurve them but we can't get them over here, my Dad lives in Central Oregon and sends me a few big bags over in a "care package" every now and then xx
Uggg, I love them too! I need to pretend that I can't get them here!
--------------------------

Hopped on the scale..down a pound!
Interesting indeed!

DD is a scheduled go for tomorrow. I'm kinda psyched to get back to it and see where this round will take me!

A huge thank you to all my friends here who continue to support me and love me despite my bipolar-ADHD-tendancies with weight loss, and lack of progress thereof.

Planning for the movies tonight, I think.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #1230
Major LCF Poster!

What movie are y'all considering seeing?
Closed Thread