Old 04-15-2013, 05:49 AM   #1171
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie09 View Post
Can't wait to hear all about it!!!
Ditto this!!! Have a great time, Dani...I'm sure it'll be an experience to remember.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #1172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Hope you had a great time - can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #1173
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
How was JILLION?????????????????
Old 04-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #1174
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Jillian was AMAZING. Like I knew she would be.

So, as you know, I won tickets off FB and the seats were pretty decent... Well, DD16 and I were sitting there passing time I'm dinking on Twitter and there's a post from Ali Vincent that she's in the lobby and first person to get to her and mention the tweet gets upgraded to 6th row.. so DD16 takes off and sure enough, she wins the tickets! Got to chat for just mere seconds with Ali and her mom Betty-Sue (who looks absolutely fab BTW!) and head into the theater.

She spoke for over 2 hours. She came out in little jeans & flip-flops...adorable, right?... Then she tells us that her luggage somehow ended up on a bus bound for Florida and therefore had no "show clothes"... Like she looked bad? PUHLEEZ!

The first hour she touched on diet & fitness going over calculations for calories and heart rate, and talked about making sure to, Move. Your. A$$. FAST! She spoke about the importance of organic for certain foods, and also about hormone/anitbiotic foods and how bad they are for us. Scared the bejeezus outta me!!! Of course there was talk of calories in/calories out and not omitting any food groups whatsoever.. I have to admit, I am still very much on the fence about all of this seeing as I am having such issues with weight loss,etc.

Second hour was all about lifestyle and living the life that you truly want. Some pretty deep emotional stuff, about releasing past issues so that you can be the best you that you can be. She shared situations from her experiences on the ranch with contestants and even her relationship with her partner, Heidi..all about the ways that she has had to make changes for the better. It was fun to see pictures of her as a little girl and as a heavy teen..nice to know that she has been on the journey. The tools she spoke about are the ways that she empowered her life in various ways; weight loss, success in her career, family and friends.

It was interesting to hear her talk about the not so great things that happened to her, bad relationships, failed career attempts, etc.. Did you know she was fired from TBL and that's why she wasn't on Season 3? I didn't! She talks about how and why we are all the way we are and that it is possible to change our circumstances.. but, it takes work and it takes some sacrafice.

It was alot of the work that I started on my own personal journey the last couple years and it was affirming to know that I am on the right track! Walking in faith and truly believing that things ARE going to work out as they should is the path I've been walking. Sometimes it's super hard and I question it (ALOT) but I keep on going. I still need to finish her book to figure out if it's something that I want to experiment with, but it looks hopeful!

Here's our upgraded "Ali tickets"

Started my morning with a little Jillian talk

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 04-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #1175
Blabbermouth!!!

I have to add that after the show, and even still this morning, I am still digesting and marinating in her words. There was ALOT of information and some of it quite overwhelming emotionally. She nailed alot of things that I have recently experienced, or going through now. Funnily enough, DH asked alot of questions about the show and it was hard to put it all into words right away because I was still thinking. KWIM? Or maybe I'm just weird?
Old 04-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #1176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/212/180
Jeez, I just read about Monica winning the Bon Jovi tix, then I see that YOU won JM tix! Is there some lucky bug going around or what? Sounds like you had a fabulous, yet educational time!
Old 04-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #1177
Blabbermouth!!!

Haha Lisa! Yep, Monica & I had a winning streak!

It was definitely a great time! I'm thankful that I got to see her Sunday..her voice was going and sometimes it was a mere whisper... today she is sick. Feeling lucky that she didn't cancel!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #1178

D - your story brought tears to my eyes. SO excited for you being able to see her. I am sure she gave a TON of info. I agree with her on some things, not all. Glad she got in your show before her voice gave out completely! I had no idea she was fired off TBL back then! Did she say why???
Old 04-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #1179
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
D - your story brought tears to my eyes. SO excited for you being able to see her. I am sure she gave a TON of info. I agree with her on some things, not all. Glad she got in your show before her voice gave out completely! I had no idea she was fired off TBL back then! Did she say why???
Like I said I am very on the fence on some things but overall her info was very enlightening and learned a ton. Her biggest want for people is to pay attention to what they're putting into their bodies. Reading labels and understanding ingredients and saying no to chemicals are hot buttons w her. It's really made me think... She basically got fired for opening her mouth too big and may or may not have told her producer to f* off she talked about being so grateful and thankful that the show believes in her so much even after that. I liked that she wasn't afraid to share even the not so glamorous things she experienced....a lot easier to relate to someone who is willing to admit they're not perfect!
--------------------

No weighing in the last few days. Tom is killer and I've not been feeling all that great.... I'm sure that I'm up on the scale and it won't be pretty

Spending day with DH. We have stuff to take care of but I'm sure we will find something fun to do! We always do... And I could use it!!

Nothing else new to report...kinda in a funk this morning...all the Boston stuff has me quietly reflecting and being thoughtful of everyone there.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #1180
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm so glad it was a good experience, D. I'm not her biggest fan, but I think seeing her in that kind of venue, without all the bossy, bootcampy stuff from TBL would make me like her a lot more. Like you said, sharing her own experiences and the knowledge she's accumulated.

My TOM knocked me down this last time too. Happens bad for me once every year or two and this one was it. You'll be back to yourself real soon. I've been avoiding the news - to much to do to get bogged down in that story, but later on I'll have to face it. It's horrific and my heart goes out to them all.

Have a great day girl! It's going to be a beauty!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #1181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Hi Danielle. I'm glad you enjoyed her show. Can you share more details about what she said about calories? I'm curioius on what she really recommends diet wise. Also, I know she doesn't recommend eliminating whole groups of food, but we don't with LC. We eat veggies and get carbs (20ish grams). Did she specifically talk about that at all?
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #1182

D - I agree with LCG, she tends to be a bit over the top on the show for me. I LOVED her with the teen she worked with this last season. Let's face it, if trainers really did YELL at you the way she does, NONE of them would have clients. I do believe there are better ways to handle things BUT they are doing a SHOW. For some reason, people love seeing her yell.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #1183

Maybe they are just grateful she ISN'T yelling at them????
Old 04-17-2013, 06:18 AM   #1184

Hope you are feeling better today!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #1185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Morning Danielle! I loved your wonderful post about your "Jillian" experience. I'm so happy you got to go and I love what you brought back with you in terms of reflection and also realizing that you are on the right path. I particularly liked the part about letting the past go...it can be emotionally crippling to hang onto the bad stuff. So much has been made of the emotional/physical connection but to hear it from a lady who has the 'ear' of so many now, it was gratifying. I hope you're feeling better, enjoy your day with DH!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 04-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #1186
Blabbermouth!!!

Had a huge long post where I addressed everyone and it went POOF! ...

I do not have the patience to redo it! Sorry guys!

DD16 home today..tummy issues.. Not sure if it's a Gluten thing...or something else.. It's triggered after eating but she's been eating totally GF for awhile now.. this time it started after dinner last night and triggered issues about an hour after, like all the other times.. she had some discomfort throughout the night, felt alittle better this morning..but tired. Wondering wth it could be now?? Maybe dairy? She did have cheese the last couple days... Hmmm

Overcast and breezy today... =

No scale. Not 1000% lc.. not sure exactly what it is I'm doing..

I think I need to get my hormones checked? Thinking about it and doing some reading.. it really sucks being a girl!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #1187
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Danielle - did your daughter have tests that showed she was gluten intolerant? It may be dairy if she's been eating gluten free for a while and still showing issues. My sister has something where she can't eat gluten w/o issues and as soon as she stops eating gluten, she gets immediate relief. Can she handle going dairy and gluten free? Then adding one back if she feels better?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #1188
Blabbermouth!!!

No we were trying to alleviate unneccesary trips to the dr.. looks like we'll have to go afterall....
Gonna have to try getting her to steer clear of cheese.. it's the only "dairy" thing she has..she hates milk and yogurt.. Not entirely convinced that's what it is seeing as she had cheese day before yesterday and the day before that...
Old 04-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #1189
Blabbermouth!!!

This was on my FB feed today... AMEN!

Old 04-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #1190

Quote:
Gluten issues such as Celiac Disease cause gut damage, leaving many patients with an inability to properly digest certain foods, like lactose (milk sugar). Upon being diagnosed with Celiac disease, most patients are advised to eat dairy-free or lactose-free, at the very least. Once a Celiac patient has followed a strictly gluten-free diet for several months (the length of time varies from person to person), their gut often “heals” and digestion improves. Some regain the ability to properly digest lactose, but for some, the lactose intolerance persists
I found this info
Old 04-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #1191

I am not saying this is for sure your DD16's issue, but I know gluten issues and not being able to digest dairy go hand in hand due to the villa damage in the tummy.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #1192
Major LCF Poster!

Morning, Dani! Hope you have a great day!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #1193
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I am not saying this is for sure your DD16's issue, but I know gluten issues and not being able to digest dairy go hand in hand due to the villa damage in the tummy.
Makes total sense! I did some reading yesterday and came to the same conclusion.. she seems determined to make it all work and is giving up her beloved cheese for now. Hard for teenagers to make such sacrafices, almost seems sacrareligious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Morning, Dani! Hope you have a great day!
Heya Sweetpea!
----------------

Happy Friday Eve!

This week has flown!! Grateful cause I'm ready for a weekend!!

Diet wise, still just been calorie counting and lower carbs. I haven't weighed in days...probably should get on that.. denial is horrible thing

Today's DH's birthday... the big 4-0!.... Finally! If I have to be in them then so does he, right?????

Off to enjoy a funday with the hubbs!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #1194
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
I'm loving your updates!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #1195
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca1979 View Post
I'm loving your updates!!!
Thank ya darlin! Don't mind me, I just tend to blabber on whether anybody is looking or not!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #1196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
That's the best part of journals! I love to ramble and I don't feel bad about it. =D
Old 04-19-2013, 05:39 AM   #1197

Good morning girl! How is DD16 feeling today???
Old 04-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #1198
Major LCF Poster!

Hope your hubby had a great birthday! Happy Friday, love~
Old 04-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #1199
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF!

Been sitting here watching what's been going down in Boston.. man, what tragic news. Not only all those victims families devastated, but those boys' family now has to deal with their reality..tough stuff! My heart is w/ Boston today

DH's b-day was a good day! We ended up shopping and I'm the one that ended up spoiled Nothing huge, just fun stuff..makeup, clothes, etc..

Dinner last night was a whopper.. Sheesh, practically had to drag myself outta there we ate so much I did stay away from the beer which is a big deal at Gordon Biersch..

DD16 home again today.. she's been resting and so far so good...I think she is feeling alittle better.. still working on the GF thing... does appear to be food related and so today we begin eliminating things to see what happens..

Still no scale. Definitely not after last night!
Need to get it together...Oct will be here before I know it!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #1200
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sounds like a fun day yesterday with DH. I'm so sorry DD16 is having so many problems. Is she finding it tough to keep up with school? Just another stress for her to deal with, I'm sure. I sure hope you can get it figured out for her.
Closed Thread