LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I don't get out much either. That's why I started a journal here. It can be so overwhelming to chime in and reply to so many great threads. I lurk a lot!

As for the Up day high calorie allowance...here's what I do: Nothing. I don't count calories, I don't think about calories. I don't care about calories. I actually hate to count calories. Part of the beauty of JUDDD is to only count calories every other day. Period. You may feel like you are overdoing it at first, but in time you will eat less calories on your Up days, naturally. You will start to notice how much better you feel when you don't go overboard. Someone on the JUDDD boards used to call them "up, up and away" days. You may be inclined to over eat on Up Days. In the beginning. You may get nervous and feel like JUDDD has triggered some sort of "binge" button. This is normal and will not continue. Try not to worry about Up days at all. JUST WORRY ABOUT DOWN DAY CALORIES. That's the best advise I can give you. If you can complete solid 500 calorie or less DD's, the weight will come off. You will feel amazing. In the words of Curly Bill (Tombstone), "I ain't kiddin' neither".
So no counting on UD? Really? Very interesting. I was contemplating seeing if I could get away with that. Looks like I probably can. The amount of calories alotted on the website for up days seems just so big...and if I decide to following strictly low carb for them, there is NO way I'll ever meet them! What a concept, eh?

My DD calories are under 500 according to the site... should I just do 500?

Uhhhhhhhhh, I've never seen Tombstone. If you can believe that!!!!

Buried under homework today...and I mean BURIED. This really stinks because I am wanting to sit and read more about my new plan and seeing what everyone else is doing to make it work. Boo!

Anyways, it is what it is and I WILL get it all together and get going very soon. Right now it's about just being aware of what I'm eating and how much.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Dr J recommends 500 for the 1st two weeks, after that you can go lower. Sometimes I go under 500 but my main concern is to NOT go over. A medium day would be considered 800-1200 calories and sometimes it's necessary. A medium day is always followed by an UP day so you don't mess with your metabolism. It's pliable. Do what works best for you. If you simply cannot make it through the evening of a DD without more food that's is when it will become a medium day or if you have something special happening on what is supposed to be a DD then make it a medium day if you can, if not then just up day and right back to a DD the next day. Life happens. No guilt no remorse.

I'm sorry I'm talking so much. Other JUDDD'ers may not agree with me. That's why you have to make it work for you, personalize it to you.

PS~ You really have to watch Tombstone! My goodness, rent it or something, it's great!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 10-24-2012 at 03:01 PM..
Old 10-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Danielle, busy lady! I thought of you today as my DH started his CPA classes and is already buried in homework...

So you are looking at the JUDDD program? I don't know a lot about it, but I know many, many people have had great success with it. I wish you the best finding out what works for you---looking forward to reading about it on your blog.

Have a GREAT day, Danielle. Aren't ya LOVING the weather NOW?

Hugs, Jenna
Old 10-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Dr J recommends 500 for the 1st two weeks, after that you can go lower. Sometimes I go under 500 but my main concern is to NOT go over. A medium day would be considered 800-1200 calories and sometimes it's necessary. A medium day is always followed by an UP day so you don't mess with your metabolism. It's pliable. Do what works best for you. If you simply cannot make it through the evening of a DD without more food that's is when it will become a medium day or if you have something special happening on what is supposed to be a DD then make it a medium day if you can, if not then just up day and right back to a DD the next day. Life happens. No guilt no remorse.

I'm sorry I'm talking so much. Other JUDDD'ers may not agree with me. That's why you have to make it work for you, personalize it to you.

PS~ You really have to watch Tombstone! My goodness, rent it or something, it's great!
First of all, do NOT ever apoligize for "talking so much".... not even in the slightest woman, I love hearing you talk about this stuff. I'm learning something!! This plan does appear to totally be about tweaking things to fit your ideal.. I like that!

I think we even owned Tombstone at one time...never got around to watching it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximoon View Post
Hi Danielle, busy lady! I thought of you today as my DH started his CPA classes and is already buried in homework...

So you are looking at the JUDDD program? I don't know a lot about it, but I know many, many people have had great success with it. I wish you the best finding out what works for you---looking forward to reading about it on your blog.

Have a GREAT day, Danielle. Aren't ya LOVING the weather NOW?

Hugs, Jenna
Well howdy stranger!! So glad you stopped by!!

Oh, I can only imagine just how buried your hubby is with CPA stuff!! I don't envy him that, but so thrilled that he is doing it. Very smart!!

I didn't know much about it either and there is alot of ideas to soak in regarding the way to do it. I'm excited to see if this is something I can actually do.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:34 AM   #95
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
A CPA is a good profession my ex Bobby's dad is a CPA and tax attorney and makes a good living, he finally went out on his own last year after doing it 25 years and has a nice practice built up. Tax time is a nightmare from Jan-April though, LOL I used to hate that we did nothing for those 4 months!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani I feel that in the long haul we have to find what works for us. I know wheat is a trigger food for me, probably the worst one I have. So even though UP days are for whatever you want to eat, I cannot allow myself to eat wheat. It messes with my appetite and my brain and sends me running for the nearest Pizza Hut. I am not exaggerating.

Low carb JUDDD is working for me really well right now. No cravings, no starvation feelings, high energy...all the good stuff. But I have lost weight in the past on plain old JUDDD, "eat what I want" on up days. You will find a pattern that works well for you. I would say for most days, lean toward boring menus.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Blonde~ totally agree that doing lc JUDDD is probably the best way to go. I'm going to try and see if I can incorporate some fruit in and see how I do. I miss fruit alot! The key will be to finding alternatives to the carbier stuff using different flours and sweeteners, but the idea of having "goodies" is nice and I like that!

So I think I'm going to try and detox tomorrow and most of today..I say only most of today because I think we're going out tonight... Figure maybe some detox will help as I head into a down day Sunday.. I'm excited!

Starting to finally get to some reading over on the JUDDD threads. WOW! It's really inspiring to read about so many people having such success with this plan, and we're talking big losses. That is truly the motivating factor that people are making this work to fit their own style..and it WORKS!

The weather has been absolutely glorious the last week or so in the evenings... unfortunately I've literally been buried in homework til bedtime.. this new class is killin me! Hoping that I can get a handle on this and figure out some way to tackle all this so it leaves me with some time [I]somewhere[I]to get in the exercise that I desperately need. Millions of people make this work, so I HAVE to too!

Last edited by DesertGurl; 10-26-2012 at 09:06 AM..
Old 10-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm totally excited for you!! Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Have a good weekend!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melanie09
Stats: 217/184.8/160 5'9"
WOE: Low carb/Fast 5
Start Date: LC 9/10/12, JUDDD 10/28/12, Fast 5 3/11/13
Hey Danielle, your comments have me thinking of adding a JUDDD aspect to my diet too... hhhmmm, the wheels are spinnin! Make sure you keep us updated on everything!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie09 View Post
Hey Danielle, your comments have me thinking of adding a JUDDD aspect to my diet too... hhhmmm, the wheels are spinnin! Make sure you keep us updated on everything!
Hey Melanie!! Did you come up with some good ideas with your wheels spinning? LMK if you decide to try it!!

First DD today. This is certainly going to be interesting. I'm terrified of feeling hungry, so praying that this goes fast!

Scale: 243.5 My body certainly loves this number... not 244...not 243... but 243 POINT 5...

I'm excited to see what kind of progress I can make with this new way of eating. I've read about too much success to not be willing to give this a thousand-percent effort.

Used half-n-half in my coffee this morning, *that* was a shock. So used to HWC but trying to be smart about calorie consumption...I figure I'll get used to it soon enough.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

You go Danielle!!! I did a DD yesterday and am on a UD today.... So yeah, I'm trying it! A little scared to see what my weigh in will be tomorrow...
Old 10-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You go Danielle!!! I did a DD yesterday and am on a UD today.... So yeah, I'm trying it! A little scared to see what my weigh in will be tomorrow...
Yeah! I'm so happy you decided to go for it! Just remember, you'll see more fluctuation with the scale on this plan than with strict low carb.. downward trend, honey! You can do this!!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Hi Danielle,

How did your first DD go? I was thinking about you...

I hope you had a great Monday. I'll look forward, as always, to hearing how you are doing...

Hugs to you, Jenna
Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Jenna!

DD went well!! I survived even a little hungry at times. It was a nice feeling to be in control and know that everything was going to be ok.

Scale: 241.5 Down 2. Probably water, but so what!

Finished my day at around 600 calories. Wasn't the 500 I *should* have been at, but I'm ok with it. I figured it was a helluva lot better than what I'd been doing before

Woke up today feeling very clear headed and rested. This is good stuff!

UD today!

So far:
Brekkie:
Coffee w/ truvia and h/h
half a mini-bagel w/ T-cream cheese
apple

Hubby's off today... gotta go! Lots to get done!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #106

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Danielle - it looks like you are well on your way into JUDDD. I love this WOE. I am sure you will do great!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #107

Happy Halloween GIRL!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Hi Danielle! Happy Halloween! What's going on at your place tonight? Doing the handing out candy thing or are ya going to a party?

Good job getting into the JUDDD thing. So glad that you feel great. I'll be happy to check in later and see how your UD goes.

Have a great day, friend!

Jenna
Old 10-31-2012, 08:52 AM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Halloween Monica & Jenna!!

Had a great UD yesterday. I hit my calories nearly perfect. My payoff for that was not waking up starving this morning. In the past I usually wake up starving so this is great news for me!

Definitely ready for a DD today. NEVEr in my life did I think I'd say something like that!

No, Jenna, no parties or handing out candy here. There are very few kiddos that live here so no candy. DH is working late so it'll just be me and DD16.. I was shocked she wasn't going to go out this year but I guess her gang of girls flaked and no one's going this year. DD18 is actually going with a few of her friends so I'm sure she'll come home with a giant bag of candy, she always does. My fun night will consist of homework. LOL

Weighed this morning just to see what the dealio is... up .5 242.0... I guess this is normal, I'd think after an UD? I'm not worried about it.

So anywho, that's me today. Not alot going on just plodding along with my new-found freedom and enjoying every second of it!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Happy Halloween, Danielle! Enjoy your low-key evening.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #111

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey D so you are doing JUDDD, that is good maybe that will get you going, I guess it is fun to look forward to an up day!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Happy Halloween, Danielle! Enjoy your low-key evening.
Thanks Christine! Not one trick-or-treater here...SO glad I didn't buy any candy! Spent the evening watching Hocus Pocus and then freaked myself the heck out with some stalker movie on Lifetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hey D so you are doing JUDDD, that is good maybe that will get you going, I guess it is fun to look forward to an up day!
Yes! JUDDD is awesome! Today's my second down day..easy breezy.. Yeah it's nice to know the UD is coming, but honestly, so far it's been more on the lc side and I like it that way! It's just odd to count calories vs carbs specifically. I feel a sense of relief already, and my body seems to really be liking this so far. Fingers crossed!!

Successful day so far, still have a few hours, yet. Eaten my alloted calories and have had about 120 oz of water.. I love the fact that despite not eating alot I don't feel tired or run-down. Interesting....
I don't have an extreme amount of energy yet, but I'm not draggin tail either.. all good things!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #113

Sounds like JUDDD is working nicely for you. It's a great plan. We had 250+ kids come to our house. Did your DD bring in a big haul of candy???
Old 11-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica, I haven't seen DD yet. She came in late after I'd gone to bed and she's still asleep this morning. I'm sure she got quite the haul, she usually does.

Scale: 240.0

BOOYAH!

Goal for November is 5# I have no idea what to expect for losses with this plan so I'm staying cautious. 5 pounds seems doable.

I was terrified to open my eyes when I got on the scale this morning. I thought FOR SURE that I'd be up, convinced that this would all be too good to be true. Nope. I was wrong. Imagine that!

Heading into an UD..
Old 11-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

You go Danielle!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Hi Danielle!!

How was your UD? Sounds like you are doing so well with everything. I am proud of you, looking forward to hearing all about your progress.

I don't know about you, but I am glad that Halloween is over. Too bad that dang candy remains!!!!

Have a great night, friend.

Hugs, Jenna
Old 11-02-2012, 05:56 AM   #117

D - how are you doing on this Friday??? Got big plans for the weekend?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm thrilled JUDDD is working well for you! Attitude is everything and yours is fabulous.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You go Danielle!
Thanks Melanie! How's things for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximoon View Post
Hi Danielle!!

How was your UD? Sounds like you are doing so well with everything. I am proud of you, looking forward to hearing all about your progress.

I don't know about you, but I am glad that Halloween is over. Too bad that dang candy remains!!!!

Have a great night, friend.

Hugs, Jenna
Thanks Jenna! UD's surprisingly have not been that big a deal. I thought for sure I'd go nutso with the higher allottment of calories.. I'm finding that I don't care so much Go figure! There is hardly any candy in this house, at least, nothing that is mine or that I'm allowed to get into!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
D - how are you doing on this Friday??? Got big plans for the weekend?
I'm doing great! Movies this weekend! Other than that just homework and housework.

Quote:
I'm thrilled JUDDD is working well for you! Attitude is everything and yours is fabulous.
I'm thrilled too!! Oh, you know me, always full of some sort of attitude!

Scale: 238.5

Had a great UD yesterday. I missed my alottment by about 100calories..I was below. Good, huh? I went to bed feeling stuffed and so ready for *rest* today. So far, no hungries! I'm finding already, even on UD's that my appetite is not as large as I always figured it to be This is a freeing concept!

The real test will be once I get back to my lowest weight since getting back to weight loss in May.

Pretty quiet weekend. Seeing Flight tonight! Hello Denzel! Catching up on lots of homework, the semester is slowly coming to a close, only about 4 weeks leftt. Then it's freedom for about 6 weeks!!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/208/180
I'm finally getting some time to read around a bit, so I thought I'd stop by and say hello Danielle!

I can definitely relate to some of your struggles pre-JUDDD....I lost a good amount of weight on Atkins, and for some reason, found that it was just getting too hard to stick to. I was getting bored with the eating, and found myself "testing" myself with some carbs here and there (with poor results, btw.) I needed something sustainable, and something that felt "normal"....JUDDD just seemed to be there for the taking, ya know?

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! I don't think the "magic" has kicked in for me yet, as my up days are far more damaging than my down days.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Hopeful that tracking my progress will keep me focused! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journal.html
Closed Thread