LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #961
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hi I'm back with more advice....just kidding.
....and this is exactly why I love you!!! I so needed this today!!

Sudaphed...good to know!!! I'll pick some up today when I run out.. ear is miserable and I feel like the old lady who can't hear and is always saying, huuuuhhh???? wha???????

So, DS texted me a bit ago...boys are headed home from Canada..yes, they drove... those college kids and their ideas! They hit major time at the border. Had to get out and be questioned inside while a group of officers went thru their car. DS said it was kinda scary and surreal like something in a movie..... The officers kept asking them why they didnt just go to Mexico for spring break if they only had a week..the boys said, BTDT. .. apparently that was lost on said officers and still wanted to know why they would drive for hours to come to Canada to only stay a few days... DS asked the guy, you ever been in college????? ....yep, that's my kid After some time, they finally let them go.. boys noted that their luggage was packed nicer than when they had packed it originally... Oh to be a fly on the wall in that car for conversation..

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #962
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
They didn't go to Mexico because the border patrol there is way meaner.....

I wonder where your DS gets his smart lip....I just wonder....

Thanks Dani, you're making me feel lots better, too.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #963
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
They didn't go to Mexico because the border patrol there is way meaner.....

Yeah, not wild about Mexico right now...altho when he went with his GF a couple summers ago it was probably worse and everything was fine...but still...

I wonder where your DS gets his smart lip....I just wonder....
hhmmmm, lemme think....thinking....thinking........OHHHHHHHHH! You mean MEEEEEE????!!!!! Rrriiigggghhhhttt!!

Thanks Dani, you're making me feel lots better, too.
I'm glad that I can help, even if it's just a bit..it will all be ok!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:49 AM   #964
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
D - we have drivers that have to go into Canada all the time for loads. Getting INTO canada is never a problem, dealing with the US agents on the way back is ALWAYS an issue. Really???? Makes me mad! Your DS sounds funny! WIll he get to come home for the weekend now?
Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #965
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Put down that dough-nut and come to the keyboard....
Old 03-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #966
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Have a great day!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #967
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
D - we have drivers that have to go into Canada all the time for loads. Getting INTO canada is never a problem, dealing with the US agents on the way back is ALWAYS an issue. Really???? Makes me mad! Your DS sounds funny! WIll he get to come home for the weekend now?
He's a hoot! He's a pretty laid back, very mellow kid, but his sense of humor is something else..it is shocking when people first meet him because they expect him to be one way and he turns out to be the total opposite. Yeah, he'd planned on being on campus today so he'd be able to pick up his car and then come here tomorrow morning...plans changed and the guy who's care they drove to Cananda wants to come to Phx to see his dad.. so rather than incur extra driving time for DS we'll just take him home Sunday evening...

Quote:
Put down that dough-nut and come to the keyboard....
donut, huh???? Ya think???? Close..but no donut! ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Have a great day!
Thanks Janet, you do the same!

Did another UD yesterday.. I was also up on the scale .2
Lots of salt and not enough water...

Started doing some reading into yeast/candida overgrowth.. this is starting to feel like maybe that's what's going on with me..then again, it does mimic some similar symptoms to thyroid issues.. I dunno...
Have discussed this with a couple ladies who've experienced similar issues..and yep, low carb was what helped curb and allowed them to feel better.... that, and a few supplements.. very interesting stuff, but I am on major information overload!

2nd sudaphed dose down the hatch this morning..praying for some progress on the ear plugged front.. eyes still goopy too..(another reason why the yeast thing is intriguing) and another day with no eye makeup

Going to try and set up my days so they're lc to finally see what the heck my body is trying to tell me. I need to help myself, nobody's going to do it for me. I'm so tired of feeling sick...admittedly, I'm going kicking & screaming (if you haven't already noticed? ) into it and I'm disappointed in myself for it. What would I tell my best girlfriend if she were struggling and suffering? I'd support her to the end of time...yet, I cannot seem to want to help myself.

Get with the program, D!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #968
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Danielle first off I just wanted to say that you are not alone in your struggle as you can see from so many that come here to your journal to support you. I am not computer savvy otherwise I would post the link to this but I have been watching Youtube a series from the UK called Supersize vs Superskinny and believe you me it is scaring me straight. I figured if wonderful people on these boards who support me daily can't motivate me or say the things I think I need than maybe I needed more help in that department. I watch a video almost daily and it is pretty interesting what we do to our bodies. You are right only YOU can do this for yourself and we can only be here to support you. I believe in timing and the time will come when you are ready to make the changes you need to. In the mean time I think you just need support like ALL of us do. ya lady.

I know you like to watch the Biggest Loser so I thought I would put that series to you out there, maybe something that's said will hit home for you. Please don't miss understand me I am watching these for myself but I thought maybe you would want to take a look see, if not I apologize for for being presumptious(sp?)-My spelling is bad, I must be getting old.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
[B]

donut, huh???? Ya think???? Close..but no donut! ..

Thanks Janet, you do the same!

Did another UD yesterday.. I was also up on the scale .2
Lots of salt and not enough water...

Started doing some reading into yeast/candida overgrowth.. this is starting to feel like maybe that's what's going on with me..then again, it does mimic some similar symptoms to thyroid issues.. I dunno...
Have discussed this with a couple ladies who've experienced similar issues..and yep, low carb was what helped curb and allowed them to feel better.... that, and a few supplements.. very interesting stuff, but I am on major information overload!

2nd sudaphed dose down the hatch this morning..praying for some progress on the ear plugged front.. eyes still goopy too..(another reason why the yeast thing is intriguing) and another day with no eye makeup

Going to try and set up my days so they're lc to finally see what the heck my body is trying to tell me. I need to help myself, nobody's going to do it for me. I'm so tired of feeling sick...admittedly, I'm going kicking & screaming (if you haven't already noticed? ) into it and I'm disappointed in myself for it. What would I tell my best girlfriend if she were struggling and suffering? I'd support her to the end of time...yet, I cannot seem to want to help myself.

Get with the program, D!
I think the research you're doing is a great idea. There's no "one size fits all "plan for weight loss. And the part about backing up your best friend til the end of time? That means something amazing. You're right, you deserve as much of your support as you give to others. Changing plans is not a failure or fault, it's the intelligent thing to do when something isn't working for you anymore. Do not be disappointed in yourself, you've done nothing wrong. You're a fighter!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #970
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Maggie.

Blonde~ You're right, a million plans for a million people.. I figure I'll try to kill off the yeast thing..it can't hurt. All I've read is it definitely could hinder/stop my weight loss. Just amazing to me how hard I can be on myself but be accepting/supportive/understanding of others struggling or otherwise.. What I'm disppointed in is my unwillingness to jump head first into lc again knowing that possibly it could help me feel better. Instead I get stubborn and feel rebellious...as if it's going to hurt anyone else, but only ends up hurting me obviously. I feel angry for not being "allowed" to choose the kind of lifestyle *I* want but instead my body has chosen it for me.

ear is still not better..not worse either per se..

time to get rolling on the lc wagon sooner than later I'd suspect.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #971
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
D, I'm sorry to hear your ear is still not better. Have you been to the Dr?

I'm sure LC can jolt your system into losing again. I always think of it as my go-to, tried and true plan. Even though I'm still in love with JUDDD, LC has been with me so many years, I just feel like it's always there for me. I sure hope you can get the losses going again, and then maybe you can ease back into JUDDD and add back a few carbs slowly. Whatever you choose, I'm rooting for you!

Hey, isn't this hot weather for the birds??? I'm not ready for winter to be over!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
Old 03-15-2013, 03:48 AM   #972
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/211/180
Start Date: Restart 1-18-14
D, things will click for ya soon--You know I've struggled for months until finding something that clicked with me. big hugs to ya!

Hot weather?!? LCG, come to Wisconsin.....I'll trade places with ya if you like winter so much!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
hmmmmm, Dani I need to research that yeast/ candidia subject.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:54 AM   #974
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
D - could your body be fighting off infection? Ears plugged could be infectious. Eyes goopy could also be infection? Is that a possibility???
Old 03-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #975
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
D, I'm sorry to hear your ear is still not better. Have you been to the Dr?

I'm sure LC can jolt your system into losing again. I always think of it as my go-to, tried and true plan. Even though I'm still in love with JUDDD, LC has been with me so many years, I just feel like it's always there for me. I sure hope you can get the losses going again, and then maybe you can ease back into JUDDD and add back a few carbs slowly. Whatever you choose, I'm rooting for you!

Hey, isn't this hot weather for the birds??? I'm not ready for winter to be over!
Thanks for the support! I would love to be able to ease back into a "regular" JUDDD again, it makes life soooo easy dealing with other people in the house!! I HATE hot weather...yeah, kinda wondering how I ended up here myself... ...I actually ran the a/c yesterday for a little while because there was zero breeze outside..summer is quickly on it's way..meh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
D, things will click for ya soon--You know I've struggled for months until finding something that clicked with me. big hugs to ya!

Hot weather?!? LCG, come to Wisconsin.....I'll trade places with ya if you like winter so much!
Thanks Lisa! I've found a plan that I can stick to, however, my body has other ideas about what it wants to do.. I have to tackle the underlying issues going on because I've done and worked 2 plans to the letter and my weight loss always stalls after a few pounds lost..

I'll take your spring/summer and then live here for milder winters...so I can be just like all those snowbirds I've grown to hate so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
hmmmmm, Dani I need to research that yeast/ candidia subject.
Unreal all the different weird things that can be wrong with us..my head has been absolutely spinning the last few days..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
D - could your body be fighting off infection? Ears plugged could be infectious. Eyes goopy could also be infection? Is that a possibility???
I kinda thought that but today find's me feeling somewhat better.. DH still is convinced it's allergy stuff coupled with all the other icky yeasty stuff I got going on... troubleshooting can be such a PITA! ..

Woke up at 4am with my ear crazy itchy way down deep... it started feeling like it was bubbling/popping alittle bit..the throat stuff is breaking up, almost feels like sinus stuff.. Had no eye gung at all.. Taking another dose of sudaphed and keep on chuggin..

Did the spit test for the candida yeast thing.. holy spitballs, Batman!
Uh, yeah,....definitely got something funky going on... the directions said to check at 15min. up to 1 hr ...well shoot, mine started doing that spidery thing the minute it hit the water... yeesh!

So time to go pick up some supplements to help myself out of this mess and hope that I'll start feeling better.. I came to the understanding that I need to first get rid of this before I can even think about focusing on the weight loss portion of my journey... not looking forward to die-off, but anything is better than this at this point!

....ironically...the scale gave me a 1.6 loss... so hovering at 231.8..

Yesterday was not perfect low carb so today I'll work on it some more.

DS is home for a few days! He had a great time in Canada and now his sisters are doing there best to swarm him and bug him like only little sisters can do!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #976
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I totally hear you on the yeast issues. I was on antibiotics for years, seriously since I was a teen for recurrent throat and strep infections. Played havoc on my system and I believe it contributes to my craving carbs so much - the yeast wants to be fed!

I think I am struggling with it again right now. I stopped taking my CO daily and now have a scaly patch behind my right knee. Looks almost like ring worm, a fungal infection which I get when overcome by yeast.
Back on the CO for me!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #977
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If yeast is the problem, then sugar is a huge culprit! Yeast adoressugar! I had a weird visual of you spitting spiders.

Sounds like the sudafed is doing something! Yay! Keep it up for a bit.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #978
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, so hear me out... maybe my lovely girls here can help me out with this stuff... bear with me please!!..

First of all, I can't seem to get an absolute answer to this.. I have not ever had but 3 yeast infections in my entire life and they were one each after I had each kiddo.. do you have to have recurrent infections "down there" to have overgrowth or can it manifest other ways alone??? I mean, it's been almost 17 years since I've had one! .....

2nd: I had 3 recurring UTI's about 2yrs ago.. for no apparent reason..didn't even show typical symptoms.. had 10day course of strong antibiotics..
other than that those were the last times I had antibiotics..

I've got this weird patch/rashy thing behind my ear..first I remember dealing with this was around 5th grade or so..dr gave me cortisone.. I don't even remember dealing with it long after that...then it reared it's head when I got a (TMI SORRY!) yeast infection after having DD16.. applied cortisone on it again and it went away.. then it showed up again probably last summer.. the weird thing is it completely disappeared when I went on vaca to MT to see my girlfriend..also, again when we went to Vegas.. We kinda chalked it up to the water change?? But for the life of me I cannot get rid of it and it's really a pain in the a$$ It starts out kinda icky gooey and then dries up and gets scaley and then itches like no other..

Last May I began on Atkins by the letter and struggled to lose much weight..while I felt great, the scale didn't budge after awhile..I'm wondering if the lc eating was "helping" me internally but wasn't doing anything for the extra yeast I had inside and that's why I couldn't drop weight??

When I started JUDDD I opted to do it by eating whatever i wanted while controlling just calories.. so there have been lots of carbs, and starches.. figuring maybe the overload of all this has exacerbated (sp?) it???

Does this all seem yeast related to you??
Old 03-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #979
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. Janet, fill me in on the CO..how do you take it, how much, etc... do you take any other supplements to get rid of overgrowth?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #980
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your patchy rash sounds like the yeast overgrowth rash I have right now. Scaly and itchy.

I take a tablespoon of CO daily, just off the spoon. The texture and taste don't bother me although at first it was a little like eating paste. I also have taken a round of oil of oregano capsules and strong probiotics which I think helped.
When going through the yeast die-off, it was rough. There are a couple of really good candida threads right here on LCF full of great info. My yeast die-off gave me massive headaches, crazy cravings, and the candida rash. I used CO on that topically as well.

It's hard to get rid of. But for me, I think I cut down on the amount of yeast in my system and that alone helped me.

Janet's Second Wind
Old 03-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #981
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HMMMMMM.... this is very interesting info because lately my back has been itching a lot. And yes I bathed
Old 03-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #982
Blabbermouth!!!

Janet~ ok so I was right in my thinking about the weird rash thing behind my ear.. spent so much time wondering what it was from and when I started reading about yeast overgrowth the pieces started clicking.. I heard oil of oregano was a good anti-fungal and a good friend said that tea tree oil ointment for my ear would do wonders.. hadn't heard about CO but I've got a giant jug of it in my kitchen...altho, honestly, the idea of just eating it off a spoon... ... especially when it goes liquidy in the summertime.. ...

It sounds like it's very heard to get rid of and I get the feeling I've got alot going on..

Do you think something like this truly halts or doesn't allow weight loss despite careful following of a diet??

Cassidy~ girl don't even get me started on the itchy skin..if I didn't know any better I'd spend all my time rolling around on the carpet like a puppy trying to always scratch my back I've got some seriously big dry patches that no amoint of moisturizer or creme has helped at all either..

Anxious to get things rolling because for the first time I kinda see a light at the end of the tunnel..
Old 03-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #983
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle- I just finished rubbing my back on my chair. Horrible. Yea I should have gotten some a while ago when Janet suggested them but I am slow. LOL

But I read in the Canadia thread that it can cause slow weight loss. Because everything in your digestive tract is blocked sorta kinda. IDK... I'm still researching.

Janet- what do you think of the Diatomaceous Earth 3 food grade? I was looking into it but this stuff can kill bugs........ Kinda leary.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #984
Blabbermouth!!!

Cassidy, I've only browsed briefly in those threads but I'm sure there's tons of info there..

makes sense I guess that it would hinder weight loss, just trying to wrap my head around all of this stuff so random but not really..KWIM?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #985
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ceecee funny you should mention DE - I have a huge bag in my cabinet that I just dug out and took a tablespoon of in a glass of water. I used to be religious about taking it because I read somewhere a long time ago how beneficial it was for candida overgrowth. It's been a long time since I have taken any (probably close to a year) but from what I remember I felt greatwhile taking it. You are drinking what looks like dirty water but it has no taste - just a little gritty.

Dani, could you try the CO with coffee or tea? I have an aerator for foaming coffee and the CO in coffee foams right up like a cappuchino. (sp?) No taste in the coffee. I got lazy though and just started eating it off a spoon. It stays cold enough in my kitchen that it stays a solid. You could also try making fat bombs with the CO - candy that's good for you!

You both inspired me to start my anti - candida routine again. Taking the CO and DE really helped me in the past. I want to break this stall and get rid of this itchy rash!

The anti-candida diet is too hard core for me. I looked into it at one time but it's so restrictive. Just couldn't do it.

Last edited by janetsbreeze; 03-15-2013 at 02:24 PM..
Old 03-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #986
Blabbermouth!!!

I just read parts of that DE thread..very interesting stuff! Gritty..not sure I can do that?

Someone recommended the bark... THAT, I can do! chocolate doesn't do anything to the gut??

realizing that I'm going to have to give up my beer ...cheese.. .. I. Just. Might. Die.

....'course the alternative of keeling over from eating a buncha crap isn't so appealing either

Heading out to see if I can find the supps..

Ear is somewhat better this afternoon..still feeling sinus issues in throat on same side tho.. hoping this clears up soon!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #987
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani, you could try the DE in yogurt or something too, doesn't have to be water. I'm just inherantly lazy and want in it me as quickly as possible!
It might not bother you, the texture. I have major issues with texture in my foods and can't eat some things if the texture is off. I have no problems with either the DE or CO, they just took some getting used to.

So glad you are feeling better
Old 03-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #988
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Dani, I melt my CO in coffee and whip it up like a cappuccino! It's delicious (I also add butter, but you wouldn't need to for this purpose). Also, consider melting the CO with a T of butter and some cocoa; mix it up and freeze it to a bark. Also tasty!
Old 03-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #989
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You haven't lived until you've eaten CO off a spoon, YUM. Seriously yum.

I wish I could be of some help re: candida but I really don't know much about it except for what DD has told me. She says sugar and certain alcoholic beverages can make it worse. IDK, Sorry....but whatever you decide to do, I'm backin' you up!

I would suggest start at the beginning, google foods that exacerbate candida overgrowth, etc. Take a little trip to WBMD (gasp) and only look at the candida section...or risk diagnosing more than you wanted. Not to sound like a parrot, but I had some itchy patches that went away with the wheat elimination. Just thinkin' out loud. Hugs to you, you'll get it figured out!
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 03-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #990
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Dani, you could try the DE in yogurt or something too, doesn't have to be water. I'm just inherantly lazy and want in it me as quickly as possible!
It might not bother you, the texture. I have major issues with texture in my foods and can't eat some things if the texture is off. I have no problems with either the DE or CO, they just took some getting used to.

So glad you are feeling better
I have major texture issues so I would definitely have to hide that in something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Dani, I melt my CO in coffee and whip it up like a cappuccino! It's delicious (I also add butter, but you wouldn't need to for this purpose). Also, consider melting the CO with a T of butter and some cocoa; mix it up and freeze it to a bark. Also tasty!
I'm thinking about giving the BP coffee a whirl..I figure that I will need help with getting in enough fat and this will help..this always ends up being a problem when I go straight lc.. Looking forward to trying the bark is there a recipe somewhere for it?

Quote:
You haven't lived until you've eaten CO off a spoon, YUM. Seriously yum.

I wish I could be of some help re: candida but I really don't know much about it except for what DD has told me. She says sugar and certain alcoholic beverages can make it worse. IDK, Sorry....but whatever you decide to do, I'm backin' you up!

I would suggest start at the beginning, google foods that exacerbate candida overgrowth, etc. Take a little trip to WBMD (gasp) and only look at the candida section...or risk diagnosing more than you wanted. Not to sound like a parrot, but I had some itchy patches that went away with the wheat elimination. Just thinkin' out loud. Hugs to you, you'll get it figured out!
The kind of CO I have doesn't smell like anything? Is it supposed to taste good? I imgine it to be filmy/slimy tasting/feeling??

Yeah, sugar and alcohol like BEER is a big no no I don't particularly care for hard liquor so I guess my drinking has been curbed.

Definitely have to get rid of anything that is starchy or sugary.. all part of getting rid of the yeast..obviously my body cannot burn it and get rid of it like it's supposed to

RE: wheat. I'm not sure if it's wheat related or sugar related but when I'm not restricting these I get dark patches of skin on my face..very annoying. Altho this time with JUDDD they didn't show up as quickly or as dark, but they are definitely there.. When I lc strictly, my face is glowing and clear. Alot to be said for the lc lifestyle and deep down I guess I've known that's where I'm supposed to be?

Feeling tiny bit better today. Ear still has some pressure but not too much pain. Sudafed allows me to sleep. However, the last 3 days I've woken up around 4:30am and been wide awake. Guess I've got alot on my mind because it's just racing from the minute my eyes open. Makes for long days!

New week I will be working on working Induction completely. I've cut back considerably this past week, but not perfect. I did what I could but needed to keep my sanity. Lot's going on with family and health crisis with my dad.. on top of having to deal with all of my sickness stuff.. just not been a great week.

TOM is *supposed* to show up this week.. we shall see

Scale hovering in low 230's.
Closed Thread