WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie09 View Post
We are hiring!!!!
I would love it!

Quote:
And how do you have such a small bounce, mine is huge!?
Yanno, I questioned it too and this is where I started coming to the conclusion that something is up with me hormonally..that I would be like many of those brilliant JB's who seem to lose very consistently weekly...but because I've got such huge perimeno issues my hormones won't allow for real weightloss..cause I KNOW I have followed the plan to the letter and to not get any real weight loss....yeah, verrrryyyy frustrating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hard boiled eggs are telling you something... So eat em up. A little intuitive eating is a good thing! Glad you're on the mend...if you get too stir crazy, there's always sunglasses and a hat!
Yep, just finished a hb egg with some mustard..it was so good... such a strange thing hb eggs have been the least thing on my radar for years! I truly enjoyed it though and I'll probably finish the day out with a couple more.. nice change!

No, I DO do the sunglasses when i have to traipse after the kids... only today I can't really do them because it is pouring rain and dark out already ... I figure I'll do my hair but just no make up and pray i don't look like death still..can't do makeup because my eyes are still a mess

Ooooooooo big LOUD thunder and lightening right now!!!.. I love it!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #902
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/212/180
OOh....warm boiled egg halves with butter is calling me! So freakin' good!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #903
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
OOh....warm boiled egg halves with butter is calling me! So freakin' good!
You know, I've never tried that, but I've seen multiple people mention this...hmmm.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #904
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
You know, I've never tried that, but I've seen multiple people mention this...hmmm.
They are yummy JG. And egg salad.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #905
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Oh, just about anything with eggs is good in my book!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #906
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Never heard of hb eggs with butter...very interesting!

Such a strange day it's been with my eggs They've been so yummy and filling.. Hhmmm, maybe it's my body's way of trying to forget about all the chocolate ice cream I've eaten the last week.

We apparently had hail here today...the size of quarters. Never got it here in my part of town but... just lotsa rain and booming thunder..
Old 03-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #907
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Dani~ lots of rain here but no thunder, darn it. Snow in the mountains though and it will be cc-cold tonight! Is it wine-thirty yet?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #908
Blabbermouth!!!

It's definitely wine-thirty if it's beer-thirty here..... times like these I really wish you had FB!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #909
Blabbermouth!!!

Great DD yesterday..still in the 30's.. SMH...

Still trying to heal and feel better.

Lazy day here..rainy and chilly.

UD today..not sure, may be going out to dinner. Movie? Maybe...if I can actually HEAR!

Goal for March: 227

3/1.... 229.8 UD .. SICK
3/2.... 230.6 DD .. SICK
3/3.... 230.4 UD .. SICK
3/4.... 230.6 DD .. SICK
3/5.... 230.4 UD .. SICK..ear/eye stuff
3/6.... 232.6 DD .. ..ear/eye stuff
3/7.... 231.2 UD .. ..ear/eye stuff
3/8.... 231.4 DD .. ..ear/eye stuff
3/9.... 230.4 UD .. ..feeling somewhat better
Old 03-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #910
Senior LCF Member

Glad you're on the mend! I'm having a boiled egg with butter smeared on it for lunch...maybe two. Well, ok...Definitely two. Because I can.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #911
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
I really need to try those eggs!
Old 03-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #912
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Glad you're on the mend! I'm having a boiled egg with butter smeared on it for lunch...maybe two. Well, ok...Definitely two. Because I can.
Do you warm up the eggs first, or eat them cold with the butter? Have a couple left so I may try this! Great snack for HFLC, huh?...another thing that I am toiling over...

....and yep...I did it..I really did...

..I ate 6 snack size Hershey's...it's like 400cals For some reason I just had to get my ya-ya's out...kinda like that scratch ya can't itch.. While I feel incredibly guilty and dumb for eating them, I kinda feel better.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #913
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Do you warm up the eggs first, or eat them cold with the butter? Have a couple left so I may try this! Great snack for HFLC, huh?...another thing that I am toiling over...

....and yep...I did it..I really did...

..I ate 6 snack size Hershey's...it's like 400cals For some reason I just had to get my ya-ya's out...kinda like that scratch ya can't itch.. While I feel incredibly guilty and dumb for eating them, I kinda feel better.
I always make sure to set one or two aside if I boil some eggs and slather a bit of butter on each half. Or, I just cut a cold egg in half, nuke it for a few seconds and put the butter on.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #914
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
hope your having a great weekend pretty lady and feeling much better..

i also loved boiled eggs smashed with butter and i add lots of pepper...i love love pepper though

yum on the hersheys...sometimes we just need things like that and so far that is what i am liking about juddd, i have gotten up and had some sf candies and luckily it was after midnight and on my up days lol

have a wonderful sunday
Old 03-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #915
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I always make sure to set one or two aside if I boil some eggs and slather a bit of butter on each half. Or, I just cut a cold egg in half, nuke it for a few seconds and put the butter on.
Gonna try this today...I dunno why this is such a weird concept to me..but yet, I'm willing to try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
hope your having a great weekend pretty lady and feeling much better..

i also loved boiled eggs smashed with butter and i add lots of pepper...i love love pepper though

yum on the hersheys...sometimes we just need things like that and so far that is what i am liking about juddd, i have gotten up and had some sf candies and luckily it was after midnight and on my up days lol

have a wonderful sunday
Ugh, bad thing about eating those candies is it sets of horrific cravings when I don't stick to the serving size. Inititally the idea of eating whatever I wanted is what drew me to JUDDD..now I'm not so sure...still on the fence big time..

Yesterday turned into a not a very nutritious UD.. I figured I was into an UUAD but turns out I only went over my calories by 150.. still, not impressed with myself. At all.

No idea what got into me with the chocolate yesterday.. only thing I can figure is my frustration is starting to manifest in different ways...normally I can eat the serving size of it and be totally content and get my *fix* and be fine... yesterday, I just didn't want to stop. It's as if my subconscious was rebelling and I was just along for the ride.. MEH!

Thankful for a DD today.. all the while feeling alittle pissy about it...like, what's the use, kinda feeling. I have fought so hard not to get to this mind set, but here we are... I didn't even get there while I was sick, I refused to give in and maintained rotations relatively well..so why now? Why now throw my hands in the air and act like a 3yo? Not proud...

Again, still trying to heal and feel 100% again..still not there.. Oh, and DD16 just informed me she now has a sore throat and not feeling well... I'm moving to Siberia...
------------------------------------------
Goal for March: 227

3/1.... 229.8 UD .. SICK
3/2.... 230.6 DD .. SICK
3/3.... 230.4 UD .. SICK
3/4.... 230.6 DD .. SICK
3/5.... 230.4 UD .. SICK..ear/eye stuff
3/6.... 232.6 DD .. ..ear/eye stuff
3/7.... 231.2 UD .. ..ear/eye stuff
3/8.... 231.4 DD .. ..ear/eye stuff
3/9.... 230.4 UD .. ..feeling somewhat better
3/10.. 231.8 DD .. .. eyes still ick..ear
Old 03-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Germs cannot live in sub-zero temps...and vodka doesn't freeze...in Siberia.

Feeling your frustration! It would be very funny if you bale on JUDDD just when I'm thinking of getting back on that horse.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #917
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Germs cannot live in sub-zero temps...and vodka doesn't freeze...in Siberia.

Feeling your frustration! It would be very funny if you bale on JUDDD just when I'm thinking of getting back on that horse.
EXACTLY!!! ...and it's what, 11am...and a vodka sounds kinda nice right about now... ...

Just wondering wth it's gonna take to actually lose weight..the idea of actually having to practically kill myself with hard exercise and very looooowwww calories actually makes me throw up in my mouth alittle bit.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #918
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melanie09
Stats: 217/184.8/160 5'9"
WOE: Low carb/Fast 5
Start Date: LC 9/10/12, JUDDD 10/28/12, Fast 5 3/11/13
Quote:
EXACTLY!!!

Just wondering wth it's gonna take to actually lose weight..the idea of actually having to practically kill myself with hard exercise and very looooowwww calories actually makes me throw up in my mouth alittle bit.
I would try the low carb juddd before that... Or why not try a moderate carb juddd first. You could cut out sugar and wheat, but still be able to eat other carbs in moderation.... I've thought about doing something like that when in maintenance.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #919
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I would try the low carb juddd before that... Or why not try a moderate carb juddd first. You could cut out sugar and wheat, but still be able to eat other carbs in moderation.... I've thought about doing something like that when in maintenance.
The idea of trying to incorporate lc with juddd makes my head spin and gives me a headache so I quit thinking about it I am more than aware that I am probably making this harder than it really is..I think it's my defense mechanism and I wanna stomp around like a 3yo having a tantrum.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #920
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
EXACTLY!!! ...and it's what, 11am...and a vodka sounds kinda nice right about now... ...

That could actually make you lose weight.....
Old 03-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #921
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On the positive side of LC, there is significant reduction in hunger...on the negative side, let me count the ways....

You will do what is necessary, 'cuz you're no quitter. Your wicked sense of humor is what keeps you (and me) going forward!

Too bad laughing doesn't burn a lot of calories or I'd be a Loon.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #922
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That could actually make you lose weight.....

Yeah..unfortunately it's gotta be nasty gross to do it... not-so-much!!!

I've gone off the reservation... Just consumed about 400 calories of breakfast.....yep, it's (supposed to be) a DD.. Ask me if i care at this moment. NO!

Been reading about 5:2 plan..and Fast Five plan..(all the while thinking about the movie (Fast Five).. ).... Intriguing..wondering if it would work for me.. also still playing around with lower carb, strict Atkins... I. Don't. Know.(!!!)
Old 03-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #923
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
On the positive side of LC, there is significant reduction in hunger...on the negative side, let me count the ways....

You will do what is necessary, 'cuz you're no quitter. Your wicked sense of humor is what keeps you (and me) going forward!

Too bad laughing doesn't burn a lot of calories or I'd be a Loon.
And I'd be right behind you! So close in fact, that as soon as you turned around I'd be right there screaming, SURPRISE!! ...
Old 03-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #924
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been looking at 5:2 as well, but with only two DD's in the week it would be slower (for me) than WW. Some of the other JUDDD'rs have started doing a 8:16 type of fast and only eating in 8 hour window...it's all so confusing. I'll take Liposuction for the bonus, Alex.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #925
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I've been looking at 5:2 as well, but with only two DD's in the week it would be slower (for me) than WW. Some of the other JUDDD'rs have started doing a 8:16 type of fast and only eating in 8 hour window...it's all so confusing. I'll take Liposuction for the bonus, Alex.
.....noooooooooooooooooooooooo chit!!! ...and please tell me that I've won a trip to Siberia with a lifetime supply of vodka and a magic pill that keeps me thin and young forever. Puuurrrrrttty pleeeeeeezzeeee!!

I think what's stopping me completely on the 5:2 is the very reason that it WILL take longer..I mean, hell, what I'm doing now is taking EONS!!! By the time I get to goal I'll be too old to enjoy it, senile, or dead............. or all 3 at some point...
Old 03-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #926
Senior LCF Member

Seems like it's taking a LOT longer to take off the weight than putting it on, doesn't it? I have been pretty impatient about losing, but I can say with Fast-5 I don't have to worry whether I put on any weight, or any up bounces....I'm either staying the same or losing...but every day I feel healthier, even leaner in some crazy sense. I'm not going to try to talk you into trying Fast-5, because we ALL have to find the best plan that works and is sustainable for our lifestyles, but I'm extremely happy with the plan I'm working--I'm not feeling restricted, feel like I eat plenty every day (even though it's pretty darn close to 1200 cals), and I don't feel horrible about eating whatever I want.

Hopeful that tracking my progress will keep me focused! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journal.html
Old 03-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #927
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Seems like it's taking a LOT longer to take off the weight than putting it on, doesn't it? I have been pretty impatient about losing, but I can say with Fast-5 I don't have to worry whether I put on any weight, or any up bounces....I'm either staying the same or losing...but every day I feel healthier, even leaner in some crazy sense. I'm not going to try to talk you into trying Fast-5, because we ALL have to find the best plan that works and is sustainable for our lifestyles, but I'm extremely happy with the plan I'm working--I'm not feeling restricted, feel like I eat plenty every day (even though it's pretty darn close to 1200 cals), and I don't feel horrible about eating whatever I want.
I'm sold partly on it..what stops me is the 5 hours.. that timing would be hard to fit in consistently every day with what I got going on over here... Now,..5:2 might work in the grand scheme but I dunno yet.. seems like that will take me forever to drop weight too...

today I'm allowing for a meltdown and then I'll pick myself up off the ground tomorrow.. I'm tired of fighting it.

trust me, love the idea of being able to eat whatever I want..my main complaint right now is I JUST DO NOT FEEL GOOD!!!! I have been sick for 3 months and somethin's gotta change.. ultimately I think I am terrified of going back to low carb completely.. (Blonde, que up the music and start counting the ways, please!......

Bottom line: I think I've been pretty damn patient. I've been diligent and kept at it without giving up..and nuthin.. Yep..I've tied my knot in my rope and I'm pretty ready to let go....
Old 03-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #928
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We'll figure all this out tomorrow!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:56 AM   #929
Senior LCF Member

Take care of YOU, and get better, dammit.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:46 AM   #930
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Take care of YOU, and get better, dammit.

Agreed.

Weight gain/loss is one of the most frustrating things ever...those who don't have to deal with it are very lucky, indeed.
Closed Thread