Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
An inch is definitely progress! Let's all take turns kicking your scale!!! Tell us about your new recipes, too!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kellyg558
Stats: 5'8 195/185/150
WOE: JUDDDOCTOBER
Start Date: October 2012
I really like your journal and started one also. I'm really hoping it helps keep me on track and more accountable. I have this bad habit of eating really well during the week, BUT Friday evening comes along and I lose all will-power!! It's horrible. I always end up gaining back what I lost in the week, and sometimes a few lbs more..so frustrating!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyg558 View Post
I really like your journal and started one also. I'm really hoping it helps keep me on track and more accountable. I have this bad habit of eating really well during the week, BUT Friday evening comes along and I lose all will-power!! It's horrible. I always end up gaining back what I lost in the week, and sometimes a few lbs more..so frustrating!!!
You are speaking my language, sister! I really need to focus on structure during my "downtime."
Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Scale: 244.0

This was a middle-finger-laugh-like-a-loon-kick-the-scale-kinda morning....

Impossible.

Eats:

B: 2 eggs/coffee w truvia & hwc
L: Atkin's shake
D: 2 hamburger patties, salad w/ ranch, cheese,
S: 1 Russel Stover's PB cup
Water: 100oz

OYE!

Anywho, onward.

Warming up again, back to high 90's for the week.

New class begins today. Lord have mercy help me to not go crazy before the end of the semester!

Make it a great day!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
The scale is a bad, bad word! :-/
Old 10-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hate that thing.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
The scale is a bad, bad word! :-/
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
I hate that thing.
The scale has been flipped off, kicked, and yelled at more times the past week than anything else.

Scale: 240.0

I think someone's forgot about me and left me on this here roller coaster. Good grief!

Eats for yesterday:

B: eggs/coffee w truvia & hwc
L: Atkin's Chocolate Royale shake
D: chicken, broccoli, salad
S: 1T peanut butter

thinkin about choppin my hair off today.....*thinking* being the opperative word..not convinced enough to pull the trigger up til now, but I think I want something new. Debating....

Off to enjoy the day with the hubbster! Have a great day everyone!! ♥

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Stopping by with some lovin' for you and a chewin' for the scale. Hang in Honey, you are so much more than a number! Give it a few days and try again, when you feel good. I personally hate my scale but being passive aggressive, I simply stay off of it.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

*yawn* Maaaaan am I tired today. Got maybe 3 hours of sleep, if that. then had to be up early and out the door by 8. I am draggin some serious tale today.

In my stupor this morning I forgot to weigh. Prolly just as well, I feel puffy and bloated today.

Going to a concert with DD18 tonight. Should be fun! I am wondering what we'll end up doing for dinner because we're gonna be racing for time..smart choices smart choices smart choices.....that's my mantra today
Old 10-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Your scale makes me dizzy! LOL! Wait - it reminds me of MY scale! Stupid idiot scale.

Hope you get to rest soon, friend. And enjoy that concert and your very smart choices.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Your scale makes me dizzy! LOL! Wait - it reminds me of MY scale! Stupid idiot scale.

Hope you get to rest soon, friend. And enjoy that concert and your very smart choices.
Idiot scale is right!

No rest for the wicked, right?

Smart choices...chic-fil-a grilled nuggets and a salad. I did good!!

No scale today!

Saw Adam Lambert last night. It was so much fun! He is a cutie-patootie!!! He was prettier than me tho, not sure how I feel about that. Sounded amazing.

Skipped breakfast this morning. Bad Bad! I had coffee and that's it. Lots to do today!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love Adam Lambert! He should have won.

Yum, grilled chicken nuggets! Find something good to eat for breakfast. You need your energy.

Have a fabulous Friday!!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I love Adam Lambert! He should have won.

Yum, grilled chicken nuggets! Find something good to eat for breakfast. You need your energy.

Have a fabulous Friday!!
Yes, he should have!!!!!
I always feel robbed with that show.

Yes, I had breakfast!

No scale.

I don't plan to for awhile. AF showed up and is kicking my a$$ all over town for the moment. 2 days early, I might add.

I'll weigh again when I feel less stay-puff

I did something bad. I ate Oreos. Like 5 of 'em. No idea why, really? I'll blame AF.

Onward!

Chuggin water today and eating clean and light.

I think we *may* go to the movies tonight. I really wanna see Taken 2 or Perks of Being a Wallflower....Maybe Pitch Perfect again? Love that movie!! ....oooooooooooh speaking of movies...Magic Mike comes out on dvd on Tuesday!! Oooh la la!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's all I got to say.....
Old 10-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

That's all I got to say.....
I was thinkin more like:

:m ad::sic k:

Its been a good day. Floatin that ship again today too!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^so apparently you are *only* allowed 30 smilies in a given post. It flagged my post and told me to take some out...I had 33... The horror of it all. It messed up my post when I went back and tried to erase some.

At least they're free, right?
Old 10-20-2012, 05:04 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It seems a little counter-intuitive to limit smilies, doesn't it? I can see limiting hostility, or negativity, or carbs, but smilies????

But who am I to talk? I'm not even allowed to type the word es-cort in my journal!

Hope you have a great day, Danielle! Sorry to hear that AF is in town.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #78
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I love Adam too, he should have won!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
It seems a little counter-intuitive to limit smilies, doesn't it? I can see limiting hostility, or negativity, or carbs, but smilies????

But who am I to talk? I'm not even allowed to type the word es-cort in my journal!

Hope you have a great day, Danielle! Sorry to hear that AF is in town.
I must've missed the es-cort debacle! I feel like my smiley-ness is being infringed upon.

Busy day today.

DD has PSAT's this morning, I've got laundry and some homework to get done before we head out to a field show at ASU. Should be a fun day!!!
Tomorrow I get to see my son!! Miss that kid!!!!

Anyone heard the new James Bond theme for Skyfall movie from Adele? Wowzers! It's awesome!!

Anywho, finishing up Sixteen Candles and breakkie and then it's time to hit the books for a couple hours.. the plan is to keep it clean with food today and drink my water!

Make good choices!!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

I am one sore puppy today... sat at ASU all afternoon for Band Day...while I miss DD18 being in band and going and watching all those fun shows...I do NOT miss sitting for 6+ hours!!!! Holy cow, my back!

Food was hit-n-miss.... I'd brought some legal snacks, turned out I was hungrier than I thought...oops! Ended up eating some popcorn and a handful of m&m's... Ran out of water, so we had to buy some... $4 for a bottle of water Craziness!

Anyways, today is another on-the-road-again day...heading out to see the boy. Haven't seen him in awhile so can't wait to spend the day with him.

Going to rethink menus...I think I'm bored. I need simple and easy because some nights we tend to eat dinner pretty late.. finding out that I tend to stick to things more if I don't have to hassle with ingredients..
Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had the bad manners to use the unfortunate es*cort word in my post this morning...it was whisked away into cyber-space to be looked by the powers that be and maybe it might be posted....It came back with the obligatory asterisk***. Oops. Who knew?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I had the bad manners to use the unfortunate es*cort word in my post this morning...it was whisked away into cyber-space to be looked by the powers that be and maybe it might be posted....It came back with the obligatory asterisk***. Oops. Who knew?
I saw it! You naughty naughty rebel girl!

Horrible food day.

No execuses other than being on the road, not planning, and 2 grouchy teenage girls..

We ate at a pizza place that was REALLY good. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I didn't blow up like a beach ball surprisngly. Lucky, really.

Had a GREAT day with DS, he is doing really well being on his own. Dear ole mommy needs to quit worrying! I miss him like CRAZY tho, he is my rational one, the one!

Anyways, today is mass homework blitz. That's what happens when you play all weekend. DH and I will find something to get into trouble with this afternoon I'm sure...I love when he's home with me!

Back to clean eating. Day is off to good start already, brekkie done, and first bottle of water down the hatch.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Do the best you can with what you have to work with...part of my motto. If you had to go off plan at least the food and the company was good! There is not ONE healthy thing about being miserable! Have a great Monday!!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Do the best you can with what you have to work with...part of my motto. If you had to go off plan at least the food and the company was good! There is not ONE healthy thing about being miserable! Have a great Monday!!
Ditto this!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks girls!

So, call me crazy but I think I'm gonna give JUDDD a whirl..

I've been thinking of conversation's I've had with Blonde the last few days about reactions to particular high carb foods..and realizing that there are actually many that I "can" have... in moderation and be totally fine. So then the mind starts contemplating a life of 'every now and then' type eating...then heads towards reading more about JUDDD.....

Also, I'm taking a nutrition class where we've had to track food for 10 weeks.. catching up my menu's for the last couple days and I start venturing backwards realizing that I tend to kind of already eat low cals several times a week.. on those weeks where I am consistent with this is when I've had the best losses. Not huge losses, but very consistent and admirable.

*Something* has to change. I need to find some motivation and inspiration in SOMETHING Maybe this is it? Ironically, most people would find excitement in the idea of having every other day to "eat more of whatever"...for me though, the exciting part is having every other day of DOWN days of not having to worry about alot of food. Call me weird.

This could be my ticket?

Have some more reading to do, trying to get a grip on calories and the idea of having to count them...it's been SO long since I've had to do that!

Also, not quite sure about the allotment of UD calories... 2463.... REALLY?? That seems like soooooo many!!

.....anywho....back to my reading...

making a decision tomorrow...but I'm pretty sure this is where I'm headed... DH is on board too.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well of course I'm going to say "do it, do it"!! It can't hurt to try it. It's not necessarily easy but if you remember that a good meal is only one day away it helps. The things that are so hard for you to give up, the foods or drink that make you feel miserable because they aren't on plan...these things are all available to you, every other day. In some ways, down days are the easy days because you know your limits and stick to them. You will also learn the difference between hungry and "noshy". This has been eye opening to me. I know when I'm truly hungry and how little it takes to lose that empty tummy feeling. In other words I get fuller, faster because I recognize that I'm no longer hungry. Again, it is not easy, but it's doable. I think you would benefit greatly from this WOE.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 10-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm definitely not lookin for easy. Lord knows the last 6 months doing Atkins hasn't been easy even following it to the letter... I am resigned to the slower losing, totally ok with it as long as I can see the progress month to month. Regardless of what I'm doing, time is going to go by, so might as well do something that I can enjoy and not feel like I'm deprived. All the while still losing at the same pace... what could be wrong with that, right?

Need to learn the difference between hunger and noshy. I always thought I did, but maybe not. This could be a fun experiment!

Totally feel like DD will be the easier of the two for sure... UD kinda still intimidates me, and I'm really bothered by the number of calories it says I can have. Yikes! I guess I'll just have to play around with that #? DH is going to try and do it with me. Yeah!

I had no idea there was an actual JUDDD section all to itself! Wow, things have changed...now I have LOTS of reading to do! Apparently I do not get out much on this site.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:46 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't get out much either. That's why I started a journal here. It can be so overwhelming to chime in and reply to so many great threads. I lurk a lot!

As for the Up day high calorie allowance...here's what I do: Nothing. I don't count calories, I don't think about calories. I don't care about calories. I actually hate to count calories. Part of the beauty of JUDDD is to only count calories every other day. Period. You may feel like you are overdoing it at first, but in time you will eat less calories on your Up days, naturally. You will start to notice how much better you feel when you don't go overboard. Someone on the JUDDD boards used to call them "up, up and away" days. You may be inclined to over eat on Up Days. In the beginning. You may get nervous and feel like JUDDD has triggered some sort of "binge" button. This is normal and will not continue. Try not to worry about Up days at all. JUST WORRY ABOUT DOWN DAY CALORIES. That's the best advise I can give you. If you can complete solid 500 calorie or less DD's, the weight will come off. You will feel amazing. In the words of Curly Bill (Tombstone), "I ain't kiddin' neither".
Old 10-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good luck, Dani!

SN: Love that she quoted Tombstone. <3 "I'm your huckleberry."
Old 10-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!