Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 05:10 AM   #691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Happy Hump Day Danielle! How did you sleep? Lately hubby and I have been having a siesta on the couch before bedtime. Boy, I AM getting old. Hey a nap before bed is great and besides I get to cuddle up with him on the couch along with our doggie Rosie. How's the weather in Arizona? Maybe today if the weather is good get yourself out for a walk and just relax and reflect, always a good time to just reconnect with yourself.

Thinking of you today!

BTW- We went to see the Stand Up Guys with Christopher Walken and Al Pacino and I liked it, hubby loves Christopher Walken ever since he watched him in the Deer Hunter. I loved his character in Hairspray with John Travolta. The ending was good, not sure if it's your kind of movie.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #692
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, Danielle...hope your day has started well.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #693
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/206/180
Hey D! I get where you're coming from....I've had the same issues with Atkins and calorie-counting too...and have been experiencing it with JUDDD now. Been struggling with it, and you have been one of the cheerleaders for me--rooting me on! Time to save some of those cheers for yourself, Pajamabutt! Look how many lovely ladies are here for you--let's do this!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Hope you are having a better day
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #695
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
These were my ramblings today on another thread. Thanks everyone for your input and support.

....I am not going anywhere. I repeat..NOT going anywhere. I never thought of having unlimited free-time as something that would overwhelm me, but it has. The freedom of not being buried under a pile of school work and tons of running with the kids has left me with alot of time and I have not used it wisely this past month ( or so I've felt? ).. While I relished the idea, I almost miss my bogged down school schedule because it left me with little time to contemplate my weight loss path therefore blaming said schedule.., with as much as I used to gripe about not having the time for it.. Now here it is and I am like a deer in headlights. Jeez, what will I be like when the kids are all off on their own and I'm sittin here? Bottom line is I am freaked because I have zero excuses to not "get it done" and my progress is not going as well as my pea-brain "thinks" it should.. ( I know, I KNOW!!) and I am my own worst critic. Aren't we all? I guess I feel badly for having this opportunity and I've felt like I'm squandering it. Of course, logically speaking and after getting over myself, I know that I am doing "ok", I'm not doing horribly. We all want the scale to move a million miles a minute, who doesn't, but it's just not the name of the game. At least not mine! I've said I'm ok with that, and I honestly do mean it. I know I do. How do I know? Because I've been at this since last May working diligently and hard.. ok, I had a couple weeks towards the end of October where I flailed miserably..but I jumped back on with JUDDD before the end of the month and kept going.. May! It's been 8 months of continuous working..mentally & emotionally.. I can't say physically because I have "yet" to begin that part For me though, the mental and emotional has been the part that has elluded me in every weight loss attempt, the physical part has always been the easy part once I got going.. so in effect, I guess I'm ahead of the game? I feel like I have gotten to know myself better in the last year than I ever have. I have faced past road blocks, worked through them, and been able to release and let go of things that have truly affected my well-being for a lifetime to this point. I've learned that I am strong, smart, entitled as the next person, loveable no matter my size, and worthy. I am capable of anything I set my mind to, and it's up to me to figure out the roadblocks and keep on moving the best way I know how. I've written before about struggling to find the balance between just "being" because I am enjoying my life truly and wholly for probably the first time ever, and then, trying to enjoy all that while being diligent and forceful with myself enough to keep up the progress and hard work that it requires in order for me to see my goal. What a balancing act it has been! Ultimately, I can say through all I've experienced and been challenged with the last couple years, and all I've learned, is that I like/accept myself just as I am. That is an absolute first for me, and it all kinda happened while I was learning about entitlement, happiness, and true love. I always figured that to "accept" my body as it was, meant that I would just stay this big and whatever yanno?... What I have come to realize is that it's ok to feel good in my skin but to strive for something healthier and more pleasing to my eye. I know that health needs to be a priority now that I'm getting older, and I know my feet and knees would appreciate less weight to haul around! Don't get me wrong, I do have vanity wishes..smaller sizes, cuter looking clothes, fun shopping trips, more comfortable seating in theaters/stadiums & airplanes..the list goes on
So, with all that said, (yes, I'm shutting up now ) ... I am not going anywhere, I'm not giving up, just needed some time to breathe and try on the "I'm giving it all up" statement and see how it fits. Turns out it doesn't fit so well. It isn't me, it's not who I am, and not going to get me to where and who I want to ultimately become as a total package. For now, I just keep plodding along, doing what I need to figure out how to get the scale to move, keep a positive attitude and to keep remembering all the wonderful amazing things that I have, and all that I have yet to look forward to. Most of all, to keep on smiling, fake it til I figure it out for real, and keep everyone guessing.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Old 02-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #697
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14

Frist, what are your calorie rotations? It may be time to lower them.

Second, have you considered switching plans again? Maybe going back to low carb for a few weeks? A shake up may be good for you.

Third,
Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #698
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Danielle

I can relate to all you've said. I'm so proud of you for believing in yourself, for not giving up on yourself and for having the courage to put yourself first.

Kudos my friend!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #699
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
D - I LOVE YOU GIRL!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #700
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Thanks Janet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post

Frist, what are your calorie rotations? It may be time to lower them.

Second, have you considered switching plans again? Maybe going back to low carb for a few weeks? A shake up may be good for you.

Third,
I'm already at the correct calorie numbers. I've already lowered them. Played around with switching plans, but can't get myself to commit All things considered I think AF is wreaking havoc w/ my scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Danielle

I can relate to all you've said. I'm so proud of you for believing in yourself, for not giving up on yourself and for having the courage to put yourself first.

Kudos my friend!
Now, how did I know that you would get it!? Seriously, having a Jerry McGuire moment today..you know where he's stayed up all night thinking and thinking and writes this beautiful "mission statement" ..then he has a moment of panic and races out to try and take all the bound copies he had printed for his co-workers only to find it's too late..to which nobody gets it, and instead, mistake it for something else he's trying to say... Yeah, that! when I think sometimes I truly need to learn how to keep my big trap shut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
D - I LOVE YOU GIRL!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

DD calories a little higher yesterday.. about 600.. hungry afternoon. I drank about a gallon and a half of water though and stayed away from the diet pepsi so I'm ok with that.

Still no TOM

.............and that rrreeeeaallllly sucks rocks because my show is next week and I'm truly hoping now that it doesn't come at all for a few weeks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Goal for February: 227.0
------------------------

2/1..... 231.8 .. UD
2/2..... 234.4 .. DD .. ^^Dinner Out^^
2/3..... 233.2 .. UD .. TOM due
2/4..... 234.6 .. DD .. " ?? "
2/5..... 234.2 .. UD .. still no TOM...
2/6..... 235.0 .. DD .. ""
2/7..... 233.4 .. UD .. ""
Old 02-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #701
Blabbermouth!!!

Some people can't lose if their DDs are too high. It may be that you can up your UDs and just need to lower your DDs. Hang in there.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #702
Blabbermouth!!!

Prior to yesterday's 600cal DD I have been consistently below 325calories every DD... some days barely cracking 100 calories as all I'd have was liquids.. My ceiling for DD calories is 425. I come in at nearly all of my UD calories within about 60-80cals up or down. Ceiling for UDs is 2126 can't imagine upping them any since I seem to bounce at least 2 pounds each weigh in after.. minus the sporatic few where I only gain .2 - .8 .. My body is stubborn just like it's owner, what can I say!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #703
Blabbermouth!!!

In case it helps, my numbers at 230 were 2000/500 to lose. I didn't lose above those. Maybe drop the UD more? Or maybe take a week or two off and do a straight 1500 calorie plan to trick your body some?
Old 02-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #704
Blabbermouth!!!

So hard to know "what's best"... frustrating is more like it. Lowering UD calories will have to happen day after next....tonight's dinner is already spoken for.. Was kinda hoping that TOM would show up and I would be able to see if that was my problem.. I can't tell if I feel bloated or not? Weird, I know .. just when I feel like I'm experiencing pms symptoms..they go away.. so I dunno what the dealio is.. Something's gotta give at some point, no? I'll be 100 years old by then, but hey, at least it's happening, right?
Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 AM   #705
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I feel your frustration! Your DD's have been exemplary. The whole idea behind JUDDD is to not feel constrained all of the time, just part of the time. The only advice I can offer is if you are doing everything right, then stick with it. It will happen.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #706
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I feel your frustration! Your DD's have been exemplary. The whole idea behind JUDDD is to not feel constrained all of the time, just part of the time. The only advice I can offer is if you are doing everything right, then stick with it. It will happen.
Good advice from Blonde -- I agree that it's sooooo frustrating when it seems like you're doing everything right and nothing seems to be working. I am trying to remember that weight loss is not a linear process -- our bodies all work differently, lose at different rates, go up and down, etc. This was something I read again the other day, and it stuck with me.

Big hugs to you, pretty lady!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #707
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Aw thanks! I dunno if it's a combo of things going on? Set points, period waiting to happen, plan not agreeing with me....???? I dunno?? I hate the idea of stopping because it fits what's going on here, yanno? Trying desperately to just hang on..got my knot tied in my rope and I'm just swinging here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Good advice from Blonde -- I agree that it's sooooo frustrating when it seems like you're doing everything right and nothing seems to be working. I am trying to remember that weight loss is not a linear process -- our bodies all work differently, lose at different rates, go up and down, etc. This was something I read again the other day, and it stuck with me.

Big hugs to you, pretty lady!
Thanks Jayce! I keep my weight loss totals going because it reminds me of the "trend" that's supposed to be happening.. it gets frustrating when there is NO trend to speak of

Still no TOM

Ended up with an UUAD day yesterday and I enjoyed every single bit of it. I've never had one before. Scale only went up .2 We'll see if it doesn't come back to bite me in the @$$ in a few days.... What would be amazeballs is if after today's DD I am able to get to my lowest again. Yes, I'm aware that that is probably near impossible, but hey, a girl can dream, right?

I think we're going to the movies late tonight..thankfully it will be too late that I won't be tempted by popcorn.

DD today. Bring it on!
------------------------------------------------------

Goal for February: 227.0
------------------------

2/1..... 231.8 .. UD
2/2..... 234.4 .. DD .. ^^Dinner Out^^
2/3..... 233.2 .. UD .. TOM due
2/4..... 234.6 .. DD .. " ?? "
2/5..... 234.2 .. UD .. still no TOM
2/6..... 235.0 .. DD .. ""
2/7..... 233.4 .. UD .. "" ......turned into UUAD
2/8..... 233.6 .. DD .. ""
Old 02-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The question is: If you weren't doing JUDDD, what would you do instead?

Something that fits your lifestyle (JUDDD), that allows treats (JUDDD), that you can rock when you need to cut calories (JUDDD) and will be awesome for maintenance when you get where you're going (JUDDD). I don't know, I can't really think of anything myself...

Old 02-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #709
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
The question is: If you weren't doing JUDDD, what would you do instead?

Something that fits your lifestyle (JUDDD), that allows treats (JUDDD), that you can rock when you need to cut calories (JUDDD) and will be awesome for maintenance when you get where you're going (JUDDD). I don't know, I can't really think of anything myself...

EXACTLY. And that is why I continue despite being frustrated and ready to start chopping limbs off
Old 02-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #710
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melanie09
Stats: 217/184.8/160 5'9"
WOE: Low carb/Fast 5
Start Date: LC 9/10/12, JUDDD 10/28/12, Fast 5 3/11/13
Girl, after today's great weigh in, I wouldn't go near that popcorn with it being a DD! That salt would make it hard to get a great number tomorrow!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #711
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie09 View Post
Girl, after today's great weigh in, I wouldn't go near that popcorn with it being a DD! That salt would make it hard to get a great number tomorrow!
IKR?!!! No, I'm definitely not going to eat it.. in actuality, the last few times we've been to the movies I haven't wanted it..it hasn't tasted as good as before..

So far it's just been coffee w/ a splash of creamer and truvia.. I'm not hungry at all which is awesome. Now, freezing feet & hands? yeah, not wild about it but I'll take it if it means that freakin scale is gonna move!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good deal! Yeah, it's freezing here too, and my hands are like ice cubes. Just got my hair cut and blown out,,,then out into the rain. DOH!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #713
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, I lied. Now I'm hungry.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #714
Major LCF Poster!

The last time I had movie popcorn, it was super salty and made my lips swell somewhat. LOL!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #715
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
The last time I had movie popcorn, it was super salty and made my lips swell somewhat. LOL!
OMG! That's what happened the last time i tried it!! I thought it was just my weird oddballl neurotic brain making things up! LOL
Old 02-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #716
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh to look like this! ♥ this girl.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

She looks amazing! I think she and her husband are one of the cutest couples.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #718
Blabbermouth!!!

Totally agree! Her new video has him in it.... holy hottness with the. 2 of them together!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #719
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello My friend. I am right there with you. This week has been such a struggle, but I know that we can buckle down and get this figured out together.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #720
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Hello My friend. I am right there with you. This week has been such a struggle, but I know that we can buckle down and get this figured out together.
Thanks Melanie I have griped, complained, and stomped my foot about all of it but I never gave in and went off plan. I stuck with things regardless and hoping I get rewarded. Somehow we'll get there.
Closed Thread