Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Ah, your poor girl! Glad she's better. Yes, sleep deprivation can make you feel like you're starving...your body is searching for energy or something...some kind of boost. You'll feel more normal the day after (which is today, right?)

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #602
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hey D just checking in on ya!!! Sorry to hear about DD--- Bobby had that bug last week thankfully it passed quickly!!! Did I tell you I found my nook? good grief I had searched everywhere and then thought I threw it out with the magazines, but I found it! they are allowing the kids to take e-readers to school now that do not have internet access, I was so stokked cause Tony got it free when he bought his tires, and I had like 4 books on there to read! LOL Now I find it and Bobby is stealing it! I keep seeing the ads for Safe Haven and I am thinking I better read that before I see the movie!
Yes, you told me you found it in a cupboard in the kitchen. Oh I don't share my kindle with nobody...I'm selfish, I know. Actually, I'm working my way through a stack of real books I have..stuff I'd gotten as gifts the last couple years, stuff DH had bought me..everything I couldn't read while in school.. it's been AWESOME! Safe Haven, is that the movie with Julianna Hough and Josh Duhammel? Yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
So sorry she isn't feeling well.
Thanks Janet, I think she's feeling a little bit better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
D, glad DD is feeling better and you could be there for her. True Mommy!
Aw thanks! The things we do for our kids no matter how old they get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Ah, your poor girl! Glad she's better. Yes, sleep deprivation can make you feel like you're starving...your body is searching for energy or something...some kind of boost. You'll feel more normal the day after (which is today, right?)
Ugh the starving thing was no bueno.. I ended up eating a cheeseburger from McDonalds around 8pm and I was out like a light again.

Scale went down a tad from yesterday. Not sure what's real and what isn't anymore with that thing, but I'll keep gettin on the stupid thing

DD16 is feeling a tad better today. She hasn't eaten yet so we shall see!
I just hope I don't get it, that is all I need after the horrendous month I've already had.

Laying low today as best I can. It's been pouring rain for the last day or so..so lovely. Just reading and catching up on dvr stuff... anybody watch Nashville? I love that show! Now I'm watching Revenge..another fave.

UD today.

January Goal: 229
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jan1..... 235.4
Jan2..... 234.5
Jan3..... 235.6
Jan4..... 234.7
Jan5..... 233.0
Jan6..... 232.5 -- TOM
Jan7..... 234.0 -- TOM
Jan8..... 233.5 -- TOM
Jan9..... 235.0 -- TOM --
Jan10... 233.5 -- TOM
Jan11... 233.5
Jan12... 232.5 -- FINALLY back to my lowest
Jan13... 233.0 -- Dinner out
Jan14... 231.0
Jan15... 231.0
Jan16... 231.0 <<<<OLD SCALE.....NEW SCALE>>>> 233.8
Jan17... 234.6 <<<<New Scale ... +.8 ... UD
Jan18... 232.6 <<<<
Jan19... 234.4 <<<< ... this blows
Jan20... 234.4 <<<< blown DD
Jan21... 235.6
Jan22... 235.0 --Time to reassess...
Jan23... 235.8
Jan24... 234.0
Jan25... 236.8
Jan26... 235.0
Old 01-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Agh! How frustrating! That stupid scale. You can trust that your behavior over the last month has been mostly good and that's what counts, the overall behavior. What happens in a day or two isn't that important. Hang in there, I know you've got this.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #604
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm just keeping on. I don't have any plans of giving up. Just writing what's happening.

My behaviors are much different compared to, say, a year ago. Heck, even 6 months ago! My attachment to food is changing and evolving. The biggest piece for me, and I have JUDDD to thank, is the realization that hunger is not an emergency. I have spent a lifetime, I think, being taught that being hungry was a bad thing, as well as never learning the differences between real hunger vs. boredom, feelings, etc.

Nowadays I can eat and usually cut myself off at an appropriate time so that I don't overdo things.. Not perfectly, oh no, but definitely a far cry from where I used to be!

Today's been an ok day. Feeling kinda restless and tired all at the same time. Been sorta peckish with my food with no rhyme or reason.. I think I need to busy myself with something even though I don't feel like I have the energy. It's the only way to save me from myself
Old 01-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can so relate to everything you said. JUDDD is marvelous for so many reasons but I love what it taught me about 'hunger', real and perceived. This punky rainy stuff kinda bums me out...I miss the sunshine. I bought a "teach yourself to crochet' kit today. What a joke...I'll never be able to follow the directions!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #606
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I can so relate to everything you said. JUDDD is marvelous for so many reasons but I love what it taught me about 'hunger', real and perceived. This punky rainy stuff kinda bums me out...I miss the sunshine. I bought a "teach yourself to crochet' kit today. What a joke...I'll never be able to follow the directions!
LOL I probably bought the same one...and I SO CANNOT crochet! I'm left-handed....so tried doing the "lefty" instructions...that feels wonky to me too..and I can barely hold the needle with my right..soooooo I'm gonna just go with the assumption that this will not ever be my hobby.

It's literally rained all day long. While I love it for getting down with a good book and tv watching I think it's what's making me feel restless.. I gotta go out here in about an hour to take DD to work and to the grocery..maybe I'll perk up alittle bit and have a better attitude. ...if not, don't nobody test me while I'm out!!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:11 AM   #607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Hang in there Danielle, you are learning so much about yourself.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #608
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Maggie!
I'd like to think I'm learning alot about myself. I am trying really hard to listen and be honest with myself.

Scale is up today. I thought I had a great UD but maybe too much sodium with the Chipotle dinner.. Water water water til the eyeballs float today!

DD today. 426 calories.

Rainy and overcast today still.. Trying to get my house in order so I don't have to worry about it the rest of the week and can read without feeling guilty DH is home for a couple day..

Jan1..... 235.4
Jan2..... 234.5
Jan3..... 235.6
Jan4..... 234.7
Jan5..... 233.0
Jan6..... 232.5 -- TOM
Jan7..... 234.0 -- TOM
Jan8..... 233.5 -- TOM
Jan10... 233.5 -- TOM
Jan11... 233.5
Jan14... 231.0
Jan15... 231.0
Jan18... 232.6 <<<<
Jan21... 235.6
Jan23... 235.8
Jan24... 234.0
Jan25... 236.8
Jan26... 235.0
Jan27... 236.6
Old 01-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Here's honesty for you. I need to stir clear of diary and nuts for awhile, been indulging too long and it's certainly NOT helping me on the scale. I will be working on just this week not having any dairy(well maybe some cheese ) no AFS and nuts. H20 WILL be my drink of choice for the week!

I have been honest, now I shall carry on!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Good luck Magi, I know there are time I tend to munch on too many nuts as well. I guess I figured they're a good substitute for chips, but I know they can stall. Hmmm, don't know if I can do without cheese though. Gotta have cheese on my eggs. I'm sure you're gonna make it though, just keep up the hard work!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #611
Blabbermouth!!!

You can do it, Maggie! I surprisingly don't have too much dairy or nuts. I used to crave those so badly when I was strictly low carbing Go figure! Now that I can eat anything I want the vices I had before aren't as appealing. The mind is a strange strange thing.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #612
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yeah, I've cut way down on cheese and nuts too. Staples during LC and I know I ate way too large of servings - love 'em both!

I watch Nashville too and really like it. I'm 2 episodes behind, but they're waiting for me on DVR so hopefully I'll have some time to catch up!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #613
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey D tony just got back from AZ he had a blast the rain didnt interfere too much he is gung ho for moving there, 10 more years we are outta here, and now more snow, I said as long as we are in SO AZ I dont care where, but any place but here!! The countdown is on!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 AM   #614
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Danielle - how's it going today??? DId you get stuff done this weekend? What are you reading these days???
Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hey there miss reader, I haven't read a book in years. Sounds appealing. I used to all the time. Have a great day. Glad dd is doing better. I think I got a touch of the flu and its miserable.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #616
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning ladies!

Quote:
Yeah, I've cut way down on cheese and nuts too. Staples during LC and I know I ate way too large of servings - love 'em both!

I watch Nashville too and really like it. I'm 2 episodes behind, but they're waiting for me on DVR so hopefully I'll have some time to catch up!
Oooo LMK when you get caught up! Those last 2 are the ones I just caught up with too. I love that Jonathan Jackson is in this... a throwback from General Hospital days! Thank goodness for dvr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hey D tony just got back from AZ he had a blast the rain didnt interfere too much he is gung ho for moving there, 10 more years we are outta here, and now more snow, I said as long as we are in SO AZ I dont care where, but any place but here!! The countdown is on!
Well, you & I will be passing like 2 ships in the night! Our plan is to be outta here in the next 6 years, 7 tops. I cannot even freakin wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Danielle - how's it going today??? DId you get stuff done this weekend? What are you reading these days???
I did get stuff done, imagine that! Laundry, closet, vacuuming, dusting, and I finished my book and started another. Progress!! I just started a Jen Lancaster book...the girl is positively hi-larious I LOVE her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Hey there miss reader, I haven't read a book in years. Sounds appealing. I used to all the time. Have a great day. Glad dd is doing better. I think I got a touch of the flu and its miserable.
I have been an avid reader since forever.. it was quite a shock to start school and realize that I didn't have time to read what I wanted. DD is a lil better and thank god I haven't caught any of it. The 50+ days of the flu was enough, I do NOT need a stomach virus to add to the list! Hope you feel better soon!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great DD yesterday. Got alot done around the house and got to still enjoy my reading time as it poured rain all day long. Still rain today but I think it's gonna be cleared up by tonight. I'm so sad for the rain to go away, I love it!

DD16 is still home from school/work.. she hasn't really tried to eat anything but a few crackers..poor thing I think she's terrified to eat... she's traumatized. I've just spent the last couple days knocking on wood that I didn't catch it! I don't think work is all that thrilled that she's called out for last Friday and then for today & tomorrow.. they've been so nasty to her there for no reason... She works after-school care at a preschool...Looonnnng story behind all of it but bottom line is if I was a parent and found out that some of those ******es there were treating my kids the way I've heard about from DD, I'd knock someone's lights out! DD18 worked there for a time a year or so ago and ended up leaving because she couldn't stand her boss.. Well, now we know why! Ugh, DD16 is actually putting in her 2 weeks and gonna be done with it, she doesn't get paid enough to deal with their drama and come home feeling badly because she loves those kids so much. It was good first-job experience for her tho, I'm sure now any little part-time job she gets will seem like a walk in the park!

Scale is back down again today.. I swear, it feels like I'm just flip-flopping water weight every day back & forth Staying the course and praying for miracles every day!

UD today!
------------------------------------

Jan1..... 235.4
Jan2..... 234.5
Jan3..... 235.6
Jan4..... 234.7
Jan5..... 233.0
Jan6..... 232.5 -- TOM
Jan7..... 234.0 -- TOM
Jan8..... 233.5 -- TOM
Jan10... 233.5 -- TOM
Jan11... 233.5
Jan14... 231.0
Jan15... 231.0
Jan18... 232.6 <<<<
Jan21... 235.6
Jan23... 235.8
Jan24... 234.0
Jan25... 236.8
Jan26... 235.0
Jan27... 236.6
Jan28... 233.4
Old 01-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #617
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Morning ladies!

Oooo LMK when you get caught up! Those last 2 are the ones I just caught up with too. I love that Jonathan Jackson is in this... a throwback from General Hospital days! Thank goodness for dvr!
I will! Yes, I was really thrilled when I realized that "Lucky" was on this show. I don't watch GH anymore, but I tuned in awhile ago when I realized Robert Scorpio was back on. I'm still in love with that guy!

Quote:
Great DD yesterday. Got alot done around the house and got to still enjoy my reading time as it poured rain all day long. Still rain today but I think it's gonna be cleared up by tonight. I'm so sad for the rain to go away, I love it!
I love the rain too! And am sad to see the clouds breaking up this afternoon. That's the most days in a row of rain we've had in I don't know how long. I really enjoyed it!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #618
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I will! Yes, I was really thrilled when I realized that "Lucky" was on this show. I don't watch GH anymore, but I tuned in awhile ago when I realized Robert Scorpio was back on. I'm still in love with that guy!
Ah, yes, the lovely Robert Scorpio! Somethin about that accent! Then Jax came on the scene and kinda filled that Aussie void for me. I haven't watched GH for probably 5 or 6 years now.. tried watching an episode the other day and I couldn't sit through it. I love Jonathan's character, Avery... nice to see him putting his IRL talent of singing to good use finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
I love the rain too! And am sad to see the clouds breaking up this afternoon. That's the most days in a row of rain we've had in I don't know how long. I really enjoyed it![/B]
It's totally dry and sunny over here. *pout* I commented to DH how long it'd been since we'd had that many days of rain together.. that's the kind of stuff I miss living in N. Cali.. I guess we could always move more north here but I miss my Cali peeps and habitat

Last edited by DesertGurl; 01-28-2013 at 02:05 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #619
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello Miss D~ just checkin' on you! Sunny here today (yay) and cold. My bones are hurting. If I lived where Amber lives it would probably kill me Where are you going in 5 or 6 years???

RE: GH~ love it, it's so quirky right now. Robert Scorpio came back and promptly got put in a coma. DuKe Lavery came back but was really Faison in a mask. Faison is now gone but the real Duke is back. Lucy Coe is back for awhile. Anna Devane & Felicia Jones(Mac Scorpios' ex) are back. John McBain from OLTL is on the show along with Todd Manning. Like I said...quirky and fun.

Enjoy your recreational reading! It's so much more fun than 'required" reading.
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 01-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #620
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melanie09
Stats: 217/184.8/160 5'9"
WOE: Low carb/Fast 5
Start Date: LC 9/10/12, JUDDD 10/28/12, Fast 5 3/11/13
Nice weigh in today Danielle!!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Have a great day Danielle!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:02 AM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning! Hope you have a good Tuesday.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #623
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hello Miss D~ just checkin' on you! Sunny here today (yay) and cold. My bones are hurting. If I lived where Amber lives it would probably kill me Where are you going in 5 or 6 years???

RE: GH~ love it, it's so quirky right now. Robert Scorpio came back and promptly got put in a coma. DuKe Lavery came back but was really Faison in a mask. Faison is now gone but the real Duke is back. Lucy Coe is back for awhile. Anna Devane & Felicia Jones(Mac Scorpios' ex) are back. John McBain from OLTL is on the show along with Todd Manning. Like I said...quirky and fun.

Enjoy your recreational reading! It's so much more fun than 'required" reading.
Oh, I gripe and complain about being hot, but I know damn well if I lived somewhere like Amber, I'd keel over and die Northern Cali will suit me just fine

I watched GH since I was in like 7th grade all the way up to a few years ago.. I dunno, I just stopped watching it Maybe too much reality tv watching? I loved Lucy Coe..Felicia kinda irks me.. What I really liked was Luke with Tracy and all their hilariousness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie09 View Post
Nice weigh in today Danielle!!
Thanks Melanie, but like all things JUDDD it's the bouncy bouncy bounce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Have a great day Danielle!
Thanks Janet, hoping you are feeling like your old self again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Good morning! Hope you have a good Tuesday.
Thanks, you too! How's things with the boy?

DD today.. I think I'm gonna try potatoes again today, I'm feeling pretty good and free of ole lady aches and pains

Definitely won't be making my January goal with only 2 more days left in the month.. kinda really bummed about it but I will survive. This was the whackiest month ever! Hoping February can treat me a little bit better and I promise to behave better! Only 1 concert for Feb. so that should help, right?

Jan1..... 235.4
Jan2..... 234.5
Jan3..... 235.6
Jan4..... 234.7
Jan5..... 233.0
Jan6..... 232.5 -- TOM
Jan7..... 234.0 -- TOM
Jan8..... 233.5 -- TOM
Jan10... 233.5 -- TOM
Jan11... 233.5
Jan14... 231.0
Jan15... 231.0
Jan18... 232.6 <<<<
Jan21... 235.6
Jan23... 235.8
Jan24... 234.0
Jan25... 236.8
Jan26... 235.0
Jan27... 236.6
Jan28... 233.4
Jan29... 234.6
Old 01-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Honey Crisp Apple Wheat Beer!!! I don't drink beer (except Coronas in Mexico) and that sounds so GOOOD!

In all fairness to you, your scale pushed you up 2lbs that you didn't deserve! February will be a great month!

Yes, bouncy, bouncy , boing boing.... Me too.

Luke and Tracy on GH were favs of mine as well. I'd like to see some more of that...but first we'll have to get rid of Anna Devane. The plot thickens.
Have a fabulous Day!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #625
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I wish I didn't like beer so much... so does my waistline! O_O

This beer was so yummy. Smells like a green apple jolly rancher. Hard to believe it was beer. Gonna have to stay far far away from those and limit that, cause I could see this becoming part of the summer repertoire when it gets hot.

Yeah! That nasty scale! I'm still not over that either

Anna and Luke? Really?

I really do need to tighten up my UD's some more but I think that child in me rebels when I'm staying in my calorie range.. but let's be real people!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Dani!!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melanie09
Stats: 217/184.8/160 5'9"
WOE: Low carb/Fast 5
Start Date: LC 9/10/12, JUDDD 10/28/12, Fast 5 3/11/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post

[B]Thanks Melanie, but like all things JUDDD it's the bouncy bouncy bounce.[B]
I think when weighing after an UD, anything less than your last after UD weight is good!!! You'll be out of those 230's anytime!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #628
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope so Melanie! I swear, I've spent months in the 30's.. set point, anyone? I admit, I should probably work on some better UD's but I'm having so much fun with everything the way it is, yanno? Ah, it's up to me to make things happen, otherwise I guess I can't complain too much, can I?

I'll just be glad to leave January in my rearview and work on February for a brand new low. I need to remember to just trust the process and keep going!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
February is going to be a good month! Let's get it!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #630
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay D, I'm all caught up on Nashville. Wow! They really do a good job making sure there's some good drama in each episode. I'm glad I was behind since there will be 2 weeks between episodes this time - I won't have to wait that whole time! That Deacon, oooohhhh sexy! He does it for me. I never thought he was all that good-looking when he was on Who's Line Is It Anyway. Funny yes. Okay looking. But my gosh, he's smokin hot!

I started watching GH when I was 14 and we moved to AZ. It was summer and I hadn't made any friends yet. GH was my friend! That was Luke and Laura days, and soon became Frisco and Felicia. I liked that one. I haven't watched in probably a good 10 years, except for the odd episode when I see an intriguing commercial. I started to DVR Night Shift, and it was promptly taken off the air. I don't get the Luke and Tracy combo, but I don't think I saw that happen. I can't believe Duke Lavery came back too! I guess everyone eventually does, huh? Fun!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
Closed Thread