Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
I saw Pitch Perfect last night & really liked it.

I hear ya on the stress eating, Danielle...I've been struggling this week. There's a wench at work who's pissing me off to no end...lol. I've got to learn not to react this way, though.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
I'm glad you're back on track Monday. It's impossible for me to figure out why I derail. My thought is that next time, I'd like to at least maintain while off track. I know there will be a next time. I'm trying to focus on progress. You're still down overall. You're ending the year skinnier than you started, right?
Old 10-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
D- OMG I missed so much, I hate this job where I cant keep up on LCF, LOL!!!

Anyways now I found you, I am always cheering for you, lots to look forward to with Vegas, the concert!!! You are busy as ever!

Just stopping for some hugs and love!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Danielle,

How was your weekend?

Talk about getting derailed from the LC eating...I really blew it yesterday. Oh well, back on track today. It happens to the best of us. All we can do is start over again and again...

But on a happier note, hope your Monday was great!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 10-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope today was great!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Feeling like absolute garbage. I'm not entirely sure what is going on. Every single joint and muscle in my body aches and hurts from the top of my head down to my toes. I am so tired and sleepy. Walking feels like I'm slogging thru mud. In the end leaves me feeling even more exhausted. No idea what is up but it is awful!! Wondering if I'm about to get a cold or something weather is changing alot back and forth..hot-cold-hot-cold..

Definitely not how I saw my week back on plan happening. I've not eaten a whole lot because frankly, it just takes too much energy. Gonna do my best this week and hope for something good to come out of this mess.

I am headed back to bed to do some psych reading laying down and maybe I'll feel like eating soon.

Amber~thanks for stoppin by lady, I have missed you!!! Sounds like you are gettin alot accomplished with the new trainer etc..your goal is right around the corner!!!

Jenna~man, those off plan days are evil I tell ya! I never had a problem getting back on plan after an off meal..I didn't even question it..lately tho, I dunno what my deal is.

Amber~ No, nothing has been "great" yet, but I'll keep hoping!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
So sorry you feel so bad! I'm kinda in the same boat! Christine suggested it may be a wheat problem causing so much joint pain and in my case she's probably right. I hate to think about not eating wheat but I believe that's where I'm going. Do you think there may be a wheat connection for your joint pain? Feel better soon, try not to stress.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
So sorry you feel so bad! I'm kinda in the same boat! Christine suggested it may be a wheat problem causing so much joint pain and in my case she's probably right. I hate to think about not eating wheat but I believe that's where I'm going. Do you think there may be a wheat connection for your joint pain? Feel better soon, try not to stress.
Yanno I'm really starting to wonder. I have eaten an exhorbitant (sp?)amount of things with "wheat" in them the last few days.... especially those Tostito's multigrain tortilla chips... Hmmmmm, Hmmmmm, and Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Today has been meh in regards to eating...

I ended up having a shake, a string cheese, and a couple slices of cucs. Not much. And here it is about 3:30.

OH. Yeah. Forgot (on purpose? ) to say that I weighed on Sunday...

UNREAL.

Unbelievable that my body just gloms on to those carbs like crazy. Ack!

Anyways, going to lay down and finish homework. Feeling like a nap. This is SO unlike me. Boo!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #39

D- No one blows up like me, 17 pounds in 7 days I hold the record, when I eat carbs with wild abanden I feel like pure crap I see myself blowing up and everything feels spongy like when I push on my skin, its terrible, carbs and joint pain go hand in hand I believe it is flour, more so than wheat, most wheat products really contain flour, flour products make me blow up more than even sugar does.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah Amber, I think the flour is worse than the sugar. Altho, the sugar for me tends to make me really lethargic... I dunno..they're BOTH horrible for me! And both looooovvve to give me massive weight gain!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Danielle,

Just a quick pop in to say I'm sorry things are tough and you don't feel well. I hope everything improves soon.

I'll check back with ya later. Take care!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 10-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm glad you faced the scale. I'm also up 10 and battling back down. We got it!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:37 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Aw. I know how it is. But you are armed with the knowledge of what needs to be done, and you KNOW that you can do it. WE know that you can do it, too!!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Here's what I eventually had to ask myself: self, if you keep eating crap, you'll be at your starting weight or higher this new year, is that what you want? To start over at the high again? Or self, would you rather pull yourself together, maintain or lose more, so that when 2013 comes, you can pat yourself on the back for making some progress?

Dani, you're still down 10. Work hard and you can be down 25 for the holidays.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Have a great day Danielle!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies. I'm back at it. I never had any intention of letting go, it was just a matter of figuring out how I was gonna get my act together.
Of course, feeling like death for days probably helped get me back.

Debating between whether I was getting a cold or if my body was rebelling against all my stupidity with eating. I'm convinced it was the latter.
While I still feel a bit icky, I feel loads better and feel my energy coming back and less pain.

Scale: 240.0

3.5 lbs of "water" gone. Thank goodness!

I feel excited about being back on track again. Love feeling this way!

I suspect I'll spend the better part of this month getting myself back to my lowest weight. I'm ok with that as long as I just keep myself firmly planted in this journey.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:34 AM   #47

You can do it D!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GO Danielle! You can do this! I'm in the same boat and trying so hard not to sabotage myself. I hate the friggin' scale and my bad habits! I believe completely that your lethargy, pain and overall icky feeling is wheat related. What ever else you do, try to avoid it and see how it affects you. I'm doing the same and we'll compare notes! Congrats on the loss! Water or otherwise, it's still a loss and going in the right direction!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Amber!

Blonde~ I completed 2 solid days of 100% clean eating. I feel alot better. I still have some throbbing in my joints but I don't feel like I'm drugged anymore, and the majority of the pain is gone. I dunno if it's wheat, flour, sugar, or what? I just know that it's all baaaaaaaad for me!

Scale: 239.0

Downward we go!

Feeling better. Feeling energy return.

Today I ended up sleeping in. Royally. It is way way overcast today and about when I was going to get up, it started pouring rain and got really dark outside.. yep, I ended up falling asleep again. For 3 hours.

Now I'm behind in my day so it's gonna be hustle hustle hustle. Thankful that I have nowhere I have to be, no errands to run, and I can just be. Yes! Love it when it works out like that!

I was thinking about how I had been feeling those days where I felt so sick. I felt like I was drugged almost? Especially when I would sleep. I'd sleep SO deeply that every time I had to wake up it was like fighting off a drug induced stupor. Awful!!!! Funny, I haven't felt that way the last 2 days at all. Flour & sugar is poisoning me!

Here's yesterdays eats:

B: 2 eggs/ 2slices canadian bacon/ coffee w/ truvia + hwc
L: 2 chicken thighs, salad greens, onions,bacon, ranch dressing
D: Chipotle-burrito bowl: steak, cheese, guacamole, veggies
Old 10-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awesome Danielle!! Great menu, sounds yummy!

Sugar and flour, baaaad combo for us! I am boycotting flour and sugar! Funny about the drugged part, it does feel like that! Having pasta or something with bread can make me want to take a nap,almost immediately. When I avoid those things I almost feel like I have too much energy and don't always know what to do with myself. Your burrito bowl sounds amazing!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

I could eat that burrito bowl every day if I was allowed I love going to Chipotle. It is awesome every single time. I love that I get to enjoy my total fave stuff and be completely on plan.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale: 238.5

Lord help me, we're going out for date night tonight. Going to the movies too, but I got that part down pat..the movie popcorn doesnt get to me like it used to, it's the dinner part... beer that's the challenge..well, not really a challenge per se, just that I don't get all excited and happy over light beer I WILL control myself though, I'm promising myself that. I can do this!
Seeing Argo. Looks fab!

Weather is lovely right now. By next week we'll be back into mid-90's

Joints still kind of hurt today, but overall much better. I will seriously need to remind myself of this pain next time I plan to dive headfirst off the cliff for weeks at a time. My body just rebels and the screams are getting louder!

New class starts Monday... Asian History..more reading... Going to try and enjoy this last weekend before I really become buried.
At least I have my meals planned thru the weekend so I can make sure that food is on track. No excuses!

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

Besides homework, I think I'm gonna go to this giant craft show here and see what holiday goodies I can find. I also plan to start walking again starting Sunday.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I could eat that burrito bowl every day if I was allowed I love going to Chipotle. It is awesome every single time. I love that I get to enjoy my total fave stuff and be completely on plan.
Me too. I love the barbicoa one too. Mmmmm
Old 10-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #54

I love Chipotle too I think they are sort of expensive but the one near me is not that near thank goodness!! LOL Have fun and fill us in on the movie!

Lets see I froze my butt off at Bobby's game last night, baseball and it was 38 D it was 25 here this morning I think a record low for this time of year! I got the heat cranking! Last night when we went to bed we were talking about AZ in less than 10 years we hope to be there!!!! I siad to Tony I dont want to be 70 and still freezing here!

Got my niece's bowling party today I suck at bowling so I have cake and pizza to avoid, then our friends have an annual bon fire/ hot tub party every year, more food and booze to avoid weigh in Sunday with my trainer, ugghg!! Sunday weigh ins suck !!!!!!!

Last baseball game tomorrow, yippee I hate Fall Ball!!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Yeah, it was 29 overnight here, Danielle!

I hear you on the beer!! Honestly, I have cut alcohol out of my life because I realize that I can't lose weight if I include it. It really stinks because I love red wine and dark, dirty beers. I can live without fruity cocktails forever, but dark beer and red wine? I am feeling the loss, especially during the fall/winter season.

What movie did you see, and how was dinner? I hope you enjoyed date night!

Good luck with your new class!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mornin' Sunshine! I'm glad to hear your joints are better, mine too and I think it's apparent that we both have issues with high carbs. Good for you for being back on track!

Have a great walk tomorrow!!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Bbbbrrrrrrrrr 29!!!! That's awesome!!!!!
It was lovely last night, and absolutely hilarious to watch the people here walk around all bundled up. No joke. We're talking coats, lil kids in beanies, and women in turtle necks. It was like mid-60's if that, maybe 70?

We saw Argo. AMAZING. The movie was fantastic and entertaining and kept me on the edge of my seat even tho I know what *really* happens. This is the movie about the "Houseguests" in Iran during the hostage crisis, who get rescued by a CIA agent. The cast was great, and just all around well-made movie. Ben Affleck will get nominated for directing I think.

Dinner was good! Did my fajitas and the "guts" and no tortillas. I did have a couple Ultra's but otherwise I did fantastic. I did have maybe one whole handful of popcorn but decided it was just, eh. I consider the night a success.

Scale: 238.5 The same. And I'm a-ok with that!!!

Today is the craft fair. Hoping to find some cute stockings and decorations. Lookin to replace my old stuff so hopefully there will be lots to choose from.
I can't believe that Christmas stuff is everywhere now!! Went to Target and Walcrap and there is Halloween and then a giant Xmas section. Good hell!
Oh, and I'm kinda p.o.'d at Target right now because apparently their story is for this holiday season they aren't going to match prices of any kind. WTH? Ironically, Best Buy will be matching online competitor's prices for the holidays....someone's in trouble financially!!! They often lose my business because they can't compete with Amazon prices and refuse to match. Buh-bye! Yes, I'm already shopping!

Anywho, the plan today. Errands, homework, and laundry.

Here's the eats for yesterday.

B: 2eggs/2sl canadian bacon/coffee w Truvia+hwc
L: Atkins Chocolate shake
D: steak fajitas w guac,cheese, sour cream/2 Ultra's.
S: handful of movie popcorn, Coke Zero, 1 SF PB cup.

Feeling in control. Now it's time to conquer today!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hey Dani! I need to start Christmas shopping myself...I usually wait till the last minute. Procastination is a b*tch! LOL.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Hey Dani! I need to start Christmas shopping myself...I usually wait till the last minute. Procastination is a b*tch! LOL.
I did it all early last year for the first time ever. It was awesome! Also, lately finding lots of random killer deals on stuff for the kiddos now. It was really nice to not have to rush around for stuff and be able to enjoy the days right before Xmas!

Yep, I did it. Bought tickets for the Twilight marathon for Nov 15. My girls are so psyched! It's gonna be so fun watching the series all in a row up til the brand new one Definitely going to have to plan for good snacks for an all day affair.

Planning for a walk tonight, the weather has been so nice once the sun goes down. I'm ready to get the exercise going again!

Meals are planned for the coming week. Also, found some new recipes to try for next weekend. This being in control thing feels really good!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale: 241.0

I call BULL***t

I've had clean eating and drank enough water to float a small ship...not to mention the trail blazed in my carpet to the loo.

I did do measurments today for my weight management class. After all is said and done, I somehow lost an inch. Progress.

I am eyeballing the idea of Jillian Michael's dvd's. On the fence because I truly believe that she just might kill me.

Pain in my feet today is above normal.

Blonde~ definitely have MAJOR issues with carbs. I can handle some for a time, but after a day it's a total mess. It literally feels like my body is shutting down inside. You'd think this would be enough for me to keep my act together long-term, eh? Just praying that I have finally woken up and can stick to plan the way I need to so I don't have to worry about ever feeling that way again!
Closed Thread