Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Chick-fil-A makes my favorite fast food salad...the grilled chicken one is yummy!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #392
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I was not a lover of fast food even when I was fat but gotta say Chik Fil A was a favorite, OMG I loved those chicken sandwiches, LOL
I got so sick of it that I refused to eat it for the longest time. My DD16 loves chik-fil-a..

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie09 View Post
Love Law & Order SVU, laundry not so much......
Me too! I could watch it allllll day long. Laundry bites... especially with 2 teenage girls in the house I used to not mind it, actually liked folding...until I worked apparel at retail stores... huh, not so much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Morning, Dani...have a great day.
Have a GREAT day, Sweets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Morning Danielle! Sorry about the stupid new scale. It's good to have a new one though. It will likely be more reliable and consistent on your downward trend towards 140 this year!!! You can definitely do it.

My goal is the same - 80 pounds this year. It's slightly less than 7 per month.
The scale is mean! LOL It is more reliable and I get it..but darnit, it still sucks rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Would you believe I've never had Chick Filet???

BUT~ on Monday I had my first Double Double protein style at In and Out. Holy guacamole that was so good!!! Wrapped in a lettuce "bun", extra tomatoes and onions...*drool*. DH had french fries with his cheeseburger and bun. I didn't care 'cuz I was a happy girl!
Chik-fil-A I can take or leave nowadays.. it is literally around the corner from my house.. In-N-Out is right down the street..matter a fact, if I go out on my patio I can see the big neon sign Love protein style burgers there!! The ones from Carl's Jr are good too..alot messier though! The only fries I like from In-N-Out are animal style.. omg I can mess those up!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UD today.

Had a wonky night's sleep. I kept waking up and not entirely sure why. Needless to say, I woke up kinda cranky this morning. Coffee do your magic!!!

Still haven't decided on what to do with the scale.. what's annoying to me is the idea of connecting to the iPad kinda negates itself when I have to get on the dumb scale 10x to get consistent numbers..and it logs ALL of them.. so, yeah..kinda stupid

Getting house back together. 3 teenagers together is Oh wait, DS isn't a teenager anymore Still!!! Rough when all 3 are in vacation mode... = LAZY!

Saw Jack Reacher on NYE.. great movie. Considering adding Lee Child books to my long list..I'm intrigued now.

20 more days til our next concert!

January Goal: 229 (adjusted numbers for new scale )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jan1.... 235.4
Jan2.... 234.5

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #393
Blabbermouth!!!

I forgot to add that I finally remembered to do my measurements this morning. Meh. Looking forward to the next set, that's for sure!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hi.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #395
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Danielle, our goal weights are both 140, and if I remember correctly, we're about the same height (I'm 5'4"), and we're VERY close in current weight as well! We'll have to really cheer each other on so we can get to 140 by end of 2013 together! I may go lower too, but heck, why worry about that until we get there, right?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #396
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Well I'm glad I could oblige!!!
I think I answered my own question tho...my face has gone down.. ALOT. My DD16 was shocked when I put these together and then her and DH proceeded to just stare at me for hours afterwards..

The first pic is May of this year...even with my head kinda tilted back I still had some double-chin-action.. The 2nd pic was a couple weeks ago..
OMG, look at how far you have come girl!!!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!

Love it!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Melanie, glad you're back!

LCG, yep we're close! I'm 5'3" but otherwise we're runnin' neck & neck. Have I said how much I despise my scale for making me weigh more?
It's all good, but I gotta keep finding the humor otherwise I get snappy about it.

Monica, glad you're home! You are too sweet, thank you! I'm really glad I put that picture together, it is serving to keep me inspired that something really IS happening.....even when the scale is being mean
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Danielle, what a difference in the two pictures!
You look great!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #399
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
D - you have changed a BUNCH! You should be very proud of yourself!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Your side by side picture is amazing!!!! I did one of those a few weeks ago. I will have to find it and post it.
Keep on rocking it girl!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #401
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies!

DD today! I am absolutely freezing. Something must be workin Prior to Christmas and blowing off my plan..I had gotten so good with strict DD's and all that..I actually welcomed the cold feeling because it meant things were working.. it's coming back!

I have discovered that I am not allowed to wear any of my tops with a v-neck They are all veeerrrry big on top and when I sit, the "v" literally ends up below my belly button. Good thing it happened at home and not anywhere else!

Scale behaved itself today. I actually got the same weight 3x in a row right off the bat. I guess I found the sweet spot on where to stand....or maybe it knows I'm on the verge of getting rid of it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January Goal: 229 (adjusted numbers for new scale )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jan1.... 235.4
Jan2.... 234.5
Jan3.... 235.6
Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hmmm.....smart scale.

I know that freezing feeling well...you are burnin' some fat, and getting ready to drop some more lb's. I'm freezing too but it's just frickin' cold in here!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #403
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hmmm.....smart scale.

I know that freezing feeling well...you are burnin' some fat, and getting ready to drop some more lb's. I'm freezing too but it's just frickin' cold in here!
Smart scale indeed!

I thought maybe it was just cold in here too? DH says it's not as cold as my ole bod is puttin out..my hands and feet are like ice blocks...even in socks and all bundled up... Feels good!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sara7272
Stats: 269/242/160 5'4"-31yo
WOE: Low carb my own way, started at 280 in 9/2010
Start Date: Starting over.... 1/6/14
Hey dolly!!!!!!! Why am I not subscribed to this journal???? Well no matter, I am here! And holy moly! That side by side is awesome! What a difference! You're kicking butt girl!

How long have you been JUDDDing and how are you liking it?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here is a great recipe for white rice!! Yes I'm serious...

Put two pr three cups of uncooked rice in a clean, white athletic sock.
Tie a knot in the knee part to hold the rice in.
Put it in a microwave for 1-2 minutes depending on the microwave power and it heats up nicely.

DH uses this in bed at night when his feet get so cold he can't sleep. Feels good in your lap (for cramps) or wrapped around your neck or wherever you need it. Holds heat surprisingly well, but just re-heat it when it gets too cool.
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 01-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #406
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara7272 View Post
Hey dolly!!!!!!! Why am I not subscribed to this journal???? Well no matter, I am here! And holy moly! That side by side is awesome! What a difference! You're kicking butt girl!

How long have you been JUDDDing and how are you liking it?
Hello beautiful! You're probably not subscribed because it's a new journal? LOL I started JUDDD Oct 28th.. I absolutely LOVE it. It fits perfectly with my lifestyle and I feel no deprivation whatsoever..kinda cool to only diet half the time. My losses are slow anyways so might as well enjoy the ride, right? and to be honest...I actually lose alittle more quickly with this plan than just lc'ing alone..!

Quote:
Here is a great recipe for white rice!! Yes I'm serious...

Put two pr three cups of uncooked rice in a clean, white athletic sock.
Tie a knot in the knee part to hold the rice in.
Put it in a microwave for 1-2 minutes depending on the microwave power and it heats up nicely.

DH uses this in bed at night when his feet get so cold he can't sleep. Feels good in your lap (for cramps) or wrapped around your neck or wherever you need it. Holds heat surprisingly well, but just re-heat it when it gets too cool.
LOVE this. Thank you!!! Warm feet here I come!!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
omg girl!!!!!!!!!!!! your comparison pics are day an night! very good!

I'm glad you had an awesome time in Vegas. Vegas can be so much fun as long as you have a sound plan. You can literally get overwhelmed with everything one can do out there.

Sorry you scale is being a butt. lol....... It's almost guaranteed that a new scale will almost always be off by a few lbs. Never fails. I have contemplated getting a new one too for the sake of knowing it's 3yrs old but my S/O weighed in the same at the dr's as at home so its still calibrated.

Sooooo....guess what? I have some great news.....you all will have a new JB! I've been doing my research and weighed pros/cons, I really like the concept and there is absolutely proven results. Not just some hype.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #408
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post
omg girl!!!!!!!!!!!! your comparison pics are day an night! very good!

I'm glad you had an awesome time in Vegas. Vegas can be so much fun as long as you have a sound plan. You can literally get overwhelmed with everything one can do out there.

Sorry you scale is being a butt. lol....... It's almost guaranteed that a new scale will almost always be off by a few lbs. Never fails. I have contemplated getting a new one too for the sake of knowing it's 3yrs old but my S/O weighed in the same at the dr's as at home so its still calibrated.

Sooooo....guess what? I have some great news.....you all will have a new JB! I've been doing my research and weighed pros/cons, I really like the concept and there is absolutely proven results. Not just some hype.
Thank you, Sweetie! OMG, Vegas was soooo much fun. We were there for such a short time that it was hard to get into too much trouble The alcohol was my biggest threat there but i ended up not doing too badly. Yeah, my old scale...was literally over 11 years old Uh yeah...time for a new scale!!!

I am SO glad that you are joining me on the adventure!!! I love it, I really really do. There was a time where I thought, nu uh no way can I do 500 or less calories in a day.. and guess what? I can totally rock it! Even less most DD's. My body loves it! Just remember to be patient, the bounces sometimes get aggravating but so worth it in the end and the big picture of just realistically dieting half the time is what keeps me motivated and excited. Cannot wait to see how awesome you do! Melanie will be psyched too!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

yes, I think the fact that both of you are doing this as well is going to make it that much easier.

I've seen others talk about this woe for the whole duration I've been on LCF's, but it wasn't until I popped back up a few weeks back that it really started to click and seeing that you guys are making real progress inspired me.

Wooohoooo! I'm a lil excited ...lol
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Amazing pics!!! What great progress, my friend!!! You are stunning before and after, but you are positively GLOWING in the current shot!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #411
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
yes, I think the fact that both of you are doing this as well is going to make it that much easier.

I've seen others talk about this woe for the whole duration I've been on LCF's, but it wasn't until I popped back up a few weeks back that it really started to click and seeing that you guys are making real progress inspired me.

Wooohoooo! I'm a lil excited ...lol
You should be excited! It will be amazing, just watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Amazing pics!!! What great progress, my friend!!! You are stunning before and after, but you are positively GLOWING in the current shot!!!
Aw, Christine thank you honey! I look at that "before" pic and know I was happy then, KWIM?...but now..hard to imagine that things could get any better!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MissG~ JUDDD is amazing! I lost 40lbs last year with it.

Dani~ you are a strong motivator! Yay!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #413
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
MissG~ JUDDD is amazing! I lost 40lbs last year with it.

Dani~ you are a strong motivator! Yay!!!
Aw thanks! I had you to motivate ME, remember?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've always said if you can do it, get past the the DD's which are not as hard as one would think, it is the best way ever!!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

see my main concern is the UD. I think I can easily get through a DD as I wont have to think to much about eating and have to eat less. Now the concern about UD is that I have a bad tendency to binge and hope that it wont trigger me. It might not be too bad since I still will be doing LC but I think I will have to see how this works for me.

Sorry to journal jack Danielle. eeek...
Old 01-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #416
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
see my main concern is the UD. I think I can easily get through a DD as I wont have to think to much about eating and have to eat less. Now the concern about UD is that I have a bad tendency to binge and hope that it wont trigger me. It might not be too bad since I still will be doing LC but I think I will have to see how this works for me.

Sorry to journal jack Danielle. eeek...
What triggers you to binge? Hopefully sticking to lc helps you if that is what's helped you prior to starting JUDDD. I would think that eating only lc would get you to your allottment of calories quicker so once you reach it you're done?
For me, personally, I began to really listen to my hunger signals when I started JUDDD'ing..it's not anything that I set out to do, either. It just sort've happened and I just happened to be listening but it's helped immensley and I have comitted to myself to be honest about it and it's working well for me. I've also let go of the idea of doing strictly lc altho I tend to naturally gravitate more towards those types of foods, but not always. I have been linking any carbs I do have with some protein and it seems to agree with me. I know you'll find what works for you, just go into it with an open mind and see what happens.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
What triggers you to binge? Hopefully sticking to lc helps you if that is what's helped you prior to starting JUDDD. I would think that eating only lc would get you to your allottment of calories quicker so once you reach it you're done?
For me, personally, I began to really listen to my hunger signals when I started JUDDD'ing..it's not anything that I set out to do, either. It just sort've happened and I just happened to be listening but it's helped immensley and I have comitted to myself to be honest about it and it's working well for me. I've also let go of the idea of doing strictly lc altho I tend to naturally gravitate more towards those types of foods, but not always. I have been linking any carbs I do have with some protein and it seems to agree with me. I know you'll find what works for you, just go into it with an open mind and see what happens.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Hi!!! Seems you are doing wonderful...I am still intrigued about this way of eating...
Old 01-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #419
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
Hi!!! Seems you are doing wonderful...I am still intrigued about this way of eating...
Have you been to the JUDDD threads here? There is amazing progress and success being made over there!

I feel wonderful! When I'm on plan, that is! Amazing how eating too much (or even not enough on UD's) can leave me feeling draggy and out of sorts! I love the progress I am making with all aspects of weight loss and not just the numbers.. cause honestly, I do lose at a snails pace! I love that I am making peace with food and realizing that it doesn't have to control me anymore. I have made events and socializing about more than the food, but about the actual event. Go figure, huh? I am realizing more and more about myself every day, with every bounce on the scale, with every experience with food and I am truly enjoying it. Reading the book too is also another great way to understanding why this program works so well! Don't disappear on me, lady!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:19 AM   #420
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey amy!!!! Good to see you!
Closed Thread