LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 03:32 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012

Woot woot!

Today is my birthday, which doesn't really mean that much. I tried to find a flourless chocolate torte, but my source was a no-go. I think I may indulge in a few truffles from Whole Foods. Just a bite of something. I also plan to have a steak and asparagus. Yum yum yum.

My parents are coming to town for my son's school play this morning (not to see me, but the grandchild does get them here). We will probably go to breakfast and then I go to work. But hopefully I can do a light day's work and get a nap in. Insomnia on your birthday is just rude!
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 04:00 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

I just went back and looked at the last few months on this blog. I'm only down 5 pounds in three months. I'm not happy, but I'm happy that I didn't just cave after no progress and throw in the towel. I kept on with this way of eating, knowing that it is the right thing for me.

I'm also thinking that modified fasting is going to be the right thing for me - we will have to see, of course, but I am committing to it until April 15 to see what I can do in a month.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Not gonna lie, today has been indulgent. Back to the semi fat fast tomorrow, for today I have had cheese, wheat-free crackers, pistacshios, more cheese, dark chocolate, red wine, steak, salad and asparagus. And birthday cake, the smallest amount but some, still. I am stuffed like a tick, but it was so good and worth it.

Back to the semi-fat fast tomorrow.

Happy day!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

It questioning it, just excited. Going to be very careful today. Back on the semi-fast. I will be having leftover ribeye for dinner, though. No food until then, and I will take a walk today. My thighs are KILLING me.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #245
Senior LCF Member

That last entry should start with "not" instead of "it". Dur.

Just went or a walk with my new fitbit one. Love! Went over 2000 steps, and I can't wait to see how many steps I log n a typical day at my store. It's 100 feet from front to back, and I walk it so any times a day. It has to add up.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:49 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Two-day bounce, perhaps? I wouldn't be surprised. I did also eat a bit more than I had planned yesterday. Harder to fast during the day when I'm home and there is breakfast and lunch being made. My husband made bacon just for me. I snacked.

I'm going on a longer walk this morning. My mile walk takes me to the edge of a park with a path around a pond. Today I'm going to walk around the pond. It will not quite double my walk. Then I'm taking my son to the zoo, and staying however long he wants.

At some point I have to go shopping, since all my shirts are long-sleeved and spring is here.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:26 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Hmm.

I did sneak a few fries yesterday, and I'm probably getting some phantom carbs with herbal tea. And I walked 12,000+ steps yesterday! Maybe I'm retaining some water? I don't know. I do know that once the sun comes up I'm going for a walk, and that today should be busy since we are on spring break. It will be easy to see if the fat-fast during the day and one meal at night approach will work for me.

Dinner last night was two bowls of broccoli cheese soup. Now that I think about it, my fingers are puffy. Maybe sodium from soup?

My stress levels are also up. But that's normal for me. Never do I have non-stress times.

Gonna have a good day today. Coffee with crew, during the day, dinner tonight, walk and MAYBE get the wii fit out. Henry and I can play with it, and I can hopefully start using it. I go to Kansas in 5 weeks. Unrealistic to hope to be under 205 by then? Probably. But I'm going to try to be in size 14s solidly by then, for sure.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

I think the herbal teas I'm drinking may have hidden carbs. I'm going to dilute my drinks a bit, but overall I've been pretty happy with my weight post-birthday.

Yesterday I didn't quite make my 10,000 steps, but I did go for a walk yesterday morning and then do wii fit last night for the first time in ages. I've got it queued up for yoga this morning before I walk. Just need a cuppa first.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:25 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

I'm up a bit, and I have a horrible headache. I'm not sure I can handle a walk this morning. Plus, this is going to be a long day, and tomorrow too.

I'd really like to go back to bed right now.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

I didn't weigh this morning. I was drinking coffee before I realized I hadn't weighed. I was too tired and did not want to get up. Also it is cold and I'm over it.

My fitbit results yesterday were interesting. I didn't go on a walk so it was just a measurement of what I did at work and I did almost 6000 steps. And I am so sore today, and I was last night, and I know that's because I didn't work out yesterday. I am going to try to do the wii yoga this afternoon. We will see if that happens.

My food wasn't good yesterday: tops of a few slices of pizza, some wings, plus cheese sauce on my food last night. I am bloaty and I'm sure it's from sodium and carby creep. I'm going to try to eat clean today. But another long day and big glass ladies' night tonight.

I did wii yoga -a 26 minute session. I feel better for it, and maybe I'll get in a walk this afternoon. Also, it's TOM which is so not cool and explains crabbiness and cravings. According to the Wii I'm up another pound. F the Wii.

Last edited by JMacB; 03-21-2013 at 05:36 AM..
Old 03-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

I'm still up a pound, but yesterday was baaaaaaaad. I was hungry all day long. I ate breakfast and then snacked way too much. I was given a bag of pistachios for my birthday and they are just too tempting. I had a handful at 9:30 when I got home. Yesterday was such a long day.

Today I'm working but with help so I can try to get projects accomplished. It's the last day of spring break and after I pick up H we are going on a hike if it isn't raining. If it is we are going to the kid's museum. Tomorrow we may be going to the space center. Lots of walking around.

I just realized I don't remember where I put my fitbit when I got undressed last night.

I am going to aim for maintain over the weekend and then Monday start a fat fast again.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Back down to 215. Woo hoo. TOM is brutal, as I want to eat everything.

Last night I had the best treat - Zoodles with 1/4 cup of low-carb pizza sauce, butter and parm. It was just how I like my spaghetti. Then for dessert I had the most amazing indulgent delicious thing ever: marscapone cheese whipped with cocoa powder and truvia. OMG it was so good and I couldn't even eat it all it was so rich.

Henry and I are wii fit addicts now. We did an hour last night and this morning I did a 30-minute yoga routine. I'm not sure how "real" it is, but I feel like I've done something. My arms especially, and I feel like my core is getting stronger. I'm really focusing on my posture while I'm active.

I can see the shape of my stomach changing. It's subtle, but I can see it happening. And a definition of a butt at the top of my thigh.

Slowly but surely.

In sweetener news: I'm now super-diluting my teas, using one tea bag for 4 cups of water, and just a few drops of stevia.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

I didn't weigh again this morning, mainly because I ate a lot last night and I don't want to see a bump. I had a zucchini's worth of Zoodles, with less than half a cup of meat sauce on top. But the treat was fruit pizza - and what a treat it was! Almond flour crust, layer of a cheesecake-like filling, topped with strawberries and blueberries. So dang good, and I had a slice and a half. That's a lot of nuts for me, and I'd had some pistachios earlier. I had a lot of food yesterday - bacon and eggs for breakfast, and a hamburger patty for lunch. I also snacked on the strawberries and blueberries and I'm pretty sure I had a blood sugar crash.

I also barely exercised yesterday - just 30 minutes of Wii yoga. Today I need to go for a walk. I'm good once I get out the door... it's the getting out the door part that is the struggle.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

I. Can't. Stop. Eating.

This ridiculous. I am still unsatisfied. I've had so much to eat since 5. I just ate blue cheese and green olives followed by a handful of blueberries.

I'm going to bed so I will stop randomly shoving food down my face.

...and now I'm laying in bed feeling just gross. There was no excuse for that binge. None.

Last edited by JMacB; 03-24-2013 at 07:33 PM..
Old 03-25-2013, 04:34 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Not weighing this morning - waiting until tomorrow since today I'm starting a fat-fast. Give me a day to adjust. Today is also the first day back from spring break. Holy smokes was I not ready to get out of bed this morning.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:37 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Very pleased, since I knw how much I ate over the weekend, and a bunch of it was nuts. That low carb fruit pizza is fantastic, but it does use a bunch of almonds (in flour form) and fruit.

Yesterday I had coffee with cream all day, one tbs of co, and the when we got home from scouts I got a little nuts: a few bites of marscapone cheese (!!!!), a 2 egg omelet with dill havarti, and then a quart of tea. I am freezing and have keto breath, so hopefully I'll be burning fat this week!

Of course I'm freezing because it is so cold out! I want to exercise but it is too cold! And there is a flood of Lego on my floor where I could do the Wii but I don't dare move them. H is going to have to clean them up this afternoon so I can at least do yoga before bed.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:24 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Up and down Up and down Up and down. I feel like such a yo-yo. I love these modified fat fasts, because I'm not hungry and I lose. If I could just lose for another few days, then maintain what I lose and not bump up. I think I want to do this on a weekly schedule of Monday-Thursday to lose, weekend to maintain, if that's feasible. I'll have to see.

Yesterday I had coffee to drink, then a few short ribs for dinner, and two wedges of cheese. And a pitcher of tea. I'm diluting it to 4 tea bags in 2 quarts, and putting about 6 drops of stevia per bottle I drink.

I also did a 45-minute workout on the Wii and I was sooooo sore last night. I'm not this morning, but it felt good to be sore.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Today was another busy day at work, so by the time I got home I'd already walked over 7000 steps. Then I went for a walk and that pushed me over to 10000 for the day. I freaking love my fitbit.

Food I was Dairy Queen: hwc and cheese. I keep thinking about having something els, like cooking am egg, but nothing appeals. Oh, and I had a square of dark chocolate - about 4 carbs' worth. Drinking my herbal tea, and planning to go to bed without any more nighttime binging. Because when I wake up in the morning, I hope to see a number below 215, which is the lowest I have weighed in 15 years.

I haven't ever taken measurements, because I don't have a tape measure, but I can see that I'm getting narrower. I can see the changes in the shape of my stomach, some of which is unsettling because I can see the start of an apron. But my muffin top (more like a busted can of biscuits) is getting smaller. My butt is starting to be distinguishable from my thighs.

Of course, I'm "only" at 215. Or "still" at 215. And so many people are unhappy with themselves at a far lower weight. I don't delude myself that I look "good" but I'm looking better. If a doctor took my height into account, I would be told to lose another 60-65 pounds, so I wouldn't even be at a half-way point. But I think I will be happy with myself before that. I think I'm more than half-way there.

When I go on my walks, the two places I have the hardest time with are right when I start, and when I'm at the half-way point. I just don't WANT to be doing them at that point. But it just takes a few steps further and those thoughts are gone.

Then, as I'm walking home, and I am on the last three blocks, I get really discouraged. I am more tired, and it's slightly uphill so more taxing, but I always manage. And I get home and it is done, accomplished, ready for the next thing.

I'm more than halfway, and I'm feeling good. I want to continue, but it can get discouraging and I have to acknowledge that.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:57 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Thrilled. I will be in the 20_ soon! I am just beyond thrilled. Silly that a number can make me so happy when I work so hard to make sure a number doesn't make me unhappy, but damn it sure does.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:22 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Up a little this morning, but still down overall. I also never pooped yesterday. Tmi maybe but I feel bloated from that. Not hungry still and really happy with the progress I'm making.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

I really blew it today, and ate too much. I was feeling nauseated and overrate. It made sense at the time.

Dammit.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

At the lake for Easter. Last. Isn't had meat sauce over Zoodles. This morning I had almond batter waffles. My. On means well, but she won't stop "checking" on me. We have a complicated relationship, with each other and with food. I won't delve into it.

I'm about to make a fruit pizza, but without all the right ingredients. It's what I get for being distracted while shopping.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:03 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

I didn't weigh this morning, because I didn't want to see the damage of the weekend. I ate way way WAY too much almond meal yesterday - in a waffle for breakfast and then in fruit pizza for dinner. Oh, and ham. Love ham, but not great for me. Last night I was up to 219. I'll weigh again Wednesday.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

I'm waiting until tomorrow morning to weigh - give myself another day to "normalize" after a high-almond flour weekend.

Yesterday was coffee and then 3 eggs in egg salad, plus mayo and a few olives. I did a 50-minute Wii fit program last night. I can feel it in my butt this morning. But tonight I want to go for a walk if the weather holds.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Your progress is admirable!
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

I didn't weigh again this morning because I don't know why. I just didn't. I'm feeling strange. I am getting smaller but the numbers on the scale aren't moving. I can see the shape of my stomach changing. I can see the muffin top getting smaller. I can REALLY see that my breasts are smaller. Thighs, too. But the numbers aren't changing.

Yesterday I ordered some size 14 jeans since the size 16s are falling off. Same with new shirts. I'm sporting a decided Flashdance look with my now-oversized shirts hanging off my shoulder.

I'm also starting a new strategy for running: I go on my regular walk, but I'm going to start running part of it, trying to increase how far I can go each time. Today I ran halfway around the pond. Tomorrow, if its not raining, I'll go for a little more. Basically, I want to run but couldn't escape an angry mob right now. Maybe in a few months I'll be able to do so.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:37 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

I weighed this morning and I guess I'm okay with it. Stuck at 216 even.

So, up 3 still, and yet I'm smaller. I just need the numbers to catch up.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #268
Rod
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rod
Stats: 5'10" 48yo 190/165/155
WOE: LCHF/IF
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacB View Post
I weighed this morning and I guess I'm okay with it. Stuck at 216 even.

So, up 3 still, and yet I'm smaller. I just need the numbers to catch up.
I was listening to a podcast recently (I think with Abel James and Jimmy Moore) where they suggested ditching the scale. How you look and feel is more important. Yesterday, I was elated with my weight, but today I was discouraged when the scale registered a pound heavier. I know daily numbers can fluctuate, yet I was still disappointed (and home scale are not very accurate. For several days the scale showed the same weight, but once I reset it it seemed more reasonable given my eating habits). I've decided to weigh weekly which should be more accurate.

Weight is an important metric but only one among many. Eat right and stay active and everything else takes care of itself.
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:53 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

I didn't weigh again this morning. Yesterday away an emotional day - memorial service for one of my daddy's closest friends - and I was up all night.

This morning I had sausage and a flax muffin. I need to get going to work. I want a lettuce wrap for dinner. I'm craving crunch. Or nachos over pork skins. Again:crunch.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:30 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Last night I had pork skins with cheese dip, and I ate the entire 8 ounce carton myself. So yummy.

Also not exactly weight loss oriented.