LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 04:38 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
217.6 again.

I caved and had some sugar free chocolate as well. Just two pieces, or the devil comes to visit.

Headed to visit family today and tomorrow for my dad's birthday. I'm making Linda's White Castle pie for him. In the south there is a chain called Krystal that is similar and it's my daddy's favorite. I made this pie for a football tailgate and he loved it - so I'm making this for him for his birthday. I will have to resist the homemade caramel cake my mom is making and the other carby goodies, but I'll have this to enjoy.

This morning Henry is running the last mile of the children's marathon for the Mercedes Marathon. I had hope to be able to do this with him, but I still can't. I tried running at 240 and said I'd try again at 220 and it isn't happening. I'll try again at 200. My boobs and knees just can't do it. I'd love to start training for the half by next year. It would be my two-year anniversary of starting low-carb and I think it would be perfect.
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

At the lake so no scale, but last night when I had lots of high-carb options I indulged in none of them. I had cheddar cheese dipped in mustard and almonds.

Today we are celebrating my Daddy's birthday. White Castle pie! Low carb! I just have to be strong in the face of homemade caramel cake. Homemade seven-layer caramel cake. I have strawberries and sugar free whippe cream, though.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Still holding strong at 217.6, which I'm calling a victory since I was at the lake for the weekend and ate a LOT of really good food.

I just love eating this way. My dad felt like it was a weekend of indulgent eating, but it was just how I eat: eggs and bacon for breakfast, and for his birthday lunch we had White Castle pie and a lettuce wedge. They had caramel cake and I had strawberries and sugar free whipped cream.

I was so sure I would be up. When I was changing for bed last night I stepped on the scale and it was 219. I was mentally ready for 222 or so, so I was really happy even last night.

Today H is still out if school, so my schedule is still off. So much to do!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:46 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Still holding steady. Getting a cold, too, which is the first one I've had since starting low-carb. Had some soup yesterday (better than bullion chicken with a splash of hwc) and cheese before bed.

I need a better snack option for nights like last night. Cheese was not my best idea, but I didn't have a good idea otherwise.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

I will not get sick. I will not get sick. I will not get sick.

I am totally fighting a cold. I can feel it in my ears and throat and chest. Taking Alka seltzer and it is totally loaded with sodium. Tomorrow the scale should be interesting.

Tonight I had a salad with chicken and blue cheese and a flax muffin. When I don't feel good I crave brown bread and that flax OMM was the closest I could think of. Very comforting.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:47 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

As I suspected, up to 218. I still feel ooky, and I'm going to take more Alka seltzer today. I may have another flax OMM, too.

Stupid getting sick is stupid.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Hang in there! I hope you feel better soon!
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Still on Alka seltzer, but took one less dose yesterday. Food was an egg cream for breakfast (3 eggs) and chicken salad from Zoe's for late lunch/early dinner. Before bed I had some sf whipped cream.

Today is going to be a loooooooong day. And in the midst of my busy, I need to find time for a manicure. My hands look terrible.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Traveling is difficult. I'm all out of sorts. And where I'm staying has breakfast but not anything I can eat. And fake cream for the coffee. So I'm getting up early to get to McDonald's for a side of eggs and bacon and then to Starbucks for coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:46 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Amazing how swelling affects your weight.

Last night I took MORE Alka seltzer, as I am still sick. This morning my hands are swelld like sausages. I kne I'd be up, and I am.

I have at least a pound of snot in my sinus cavities. Yuck.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:31 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Well, boo.

I begin march at 219. This s the first time on this weight-loss journey I started a month higher than the month before. I'm officially up a pound since January 31. At one point during February I was down to 216.

Something will have to change, but I'm not sure what. Less dairy? No dairy? Cut out artificial sweeteners? That may be something for me to consider.

I'm generally not hungry, so I worry I'm not eating enough.

Not sure which way to turn. Back to induction is probably a good idea. Limit my dairy - I drink so much coffee I'm sure my calorie intake is super high. Making sure I eat.

My birthday is two weeks from today. I was hoping to be under 210. Obviously that isn't happening. I don't want to do a fat fast again, but if I repeat induction starting tomorrow and still bounce up and down, I may do a fat fast after my birthday.

(For my birthday I'm planning a steak and asparagus feast, with a flourless low-sugar chocolate torte for dessert. )
Old 03-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

I have not stepped on the scale in two days. In the past, that would have been indicative of a slip on my eating, and denial. But instead I'm acknowledging that I'm going to be up because of water retention from Alka Seltzer and not get depressed about it.

I have also realized I have to give up artificial sweeteners. This is something I'm not looking forward to. But I think it is a must. I have become too dependent on Mio and Da Vinci and Torani. But is it causing stalls? Is it the reason the scale isn't moving?

If I want to be under 200 by Memorial Day, something has to change. I'm going to be more aware of portions, not just carb counts. Back to induction, but this time without sweet drinks, even if they were sugar free.

I quit smoking more than 10 years ago, and sometimes still miss it. Giving up carbs and sugar weren't that great of a loss, since I feel so much better. But the artificial sweeteners? I am not looking forward to this. I feel like a petulant baby, feeling sorry for myself. It's just one more thing I can't have. Never mind what I CAN have - I'm whining about what I can't have.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

I put all my yummy Splenda treats into bags in the garage. Out of sight, out of mind. I bought some blue cheese at the grocery because I generally go overboard in the opposite direction. I need blue cheese and olives and smoked almonds to make this better.

Dinner was broccoli and I think I'm going to have a hot dog sans bun. Dipped in mustard and sugar free ketchup which dammit I guess I also have to give up.

This is gonna suck while I get used to it.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

I did okay for my first day, but I did have some stevia in mint tea after dinner. I also went to be slightly hungry, but wasn't hungry when I woke up. I know that I need to watch my calories for a few weeks. I saw my calories and portions creeping up. Just because I keep my carbs low(er) doesn't mean I can just eat whatever the hell I want. I have to remember that I'm never going to have the freedom to do that.

Today I work all day by myself. I'll have coffee with cream and coconut oil. Then for dinner I'm thinking chicken salad and some broccoli. Or a hamburger patty and broccoli. Keeping it simple.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday I was nauseated and ate too many almonds (roasted vinegar and salt) trying to quell my stomach. I had that and ham and today I'm bloated and up.

But no artificial sweeteners. Go me?
Old 03-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Today I feel fat. I have been hungry all day. I have eaten too much.

My pants feel tight.

Wah way wah.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:14 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

I ate so much yesterday that I still feel full this morning.

I am considering IF. Or maybe JUDDD. Not sure I could do the up days, though.

Or maybe a fat fast to break out of this rut.

Obviously I'm not sure what I'm doing.

Blah.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Still floundering, but my weight is holding steady-ish, fluctuating between 217-218. Nothing is moving it too much either way, but I'm being careful to stay on the low-calorie end, and not push it with what kind of carbs I eat. In other words: too many almonds, but not pizza or other junk. Handfuls of strawberries -fresh in season - are my sweet treats. No artificial sweeteners since Monday. Yay me or something.

Next Friday is my birthday. I am thinking of a five day fat fast up to the day, a day off, and a five day fat fast afterwards. Not sure, but if I'm going to do it it has to start tomorrow. Buying Dana Carpender's new book today.

Going out for breakfast for a Philly cheesesteak omelet for breakfast. Yum.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

I am not hungry. I am bored. Not hungry. No food needed. Just bored. Not hungry just watching movies and therefore wandering into the kitchen and opening and closing and opening and closing the refrigerator again and again and not eating but just wandering in there.

Not hungry.

Bored.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

I am going to do a fat fast starting tomorrow. I was going to start today but I have a visitor this afternoon and that will be awkward. So I'll start tomorrow, stay for four day, take Friday off for birthday steak, and then do another few days. Then strict induction out of the fat fast.

I'm going to send all the almonds to my mother's house.

Today I'm having an omelet for breakfast I think. And late lunch/early dinner with my friend.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Semi-fat fast. I have leftover corned beef to enjoy but I'm restricting portion sizes. Really yummy and I made sugar free thousand island and I'm loving it.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Orange vanilla decaf rooibos tea, with a few drops of stevia and hwc. Doesn't taste is good as it smells, but really yummy.

Going to bed so I don't eat more.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: twinkerbell
Hi! I'm going to go back and read your journal...it looks like you are doing well. Tell me about the drinks you like from Starbucks. I am their biggest fan but I try to stay away because I'm unsure how to modify...
twinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

I get a breve latte - used to be with sugar-free caramel but no more since I've cut out artificial sweetener. It has a good many calories but is lower carb because its half and half and not milk.

So this morning I went on a walk - a brisk one-mile walk. I have delusions of becoming a runner. I will never be a fleeting gazelle, but I want to be able to run and have strong legs and say yes to 5ks and half-marathons and the like. I found a guide that I want to try following. It's a little more straight-forward than most C25k programs. We will see.

So, for the rest of the week I'm walking and eating my modified fat-fast and hopefully will see downward progress. Friday is going to be semi-indulgent because its my birthday and I want a steak and asparagus and a dessert of some kind.

I am, however, ordering myself a Fit Bit One for my birthday present to myself. That and new running shoes since these are rubbing a blister on the top of my toe.

16 ,ore pounds to lose before Memorial Day. I can do this.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Today I just had coffee all morning - probably half of my day's calories in hwc. Then tonight I had two slices of ham, two slices of cheese and the last bit of corned beef and cabbage.

And I'm stuffed. Who knew?

I'm drinking decaf green tea with hibiscus and pomegranate. And swerve sweetener because I can't deal with unsweetened tea. I'm going to make a big pitcher to drink, making it less sweet each day.

I'm excited to walk again tomorrow.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

I'm drinking more iced herbal tea. This one is cherry berry. Smells better than it tastes. I used stevia. Going to back down on how much of the sweetener I use until I can drink it just flavored.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

So after how many days, I'm at the weight I was at the top of this page. But considering what I'd been doing, I'm pleased.

Today and tomorrow to continue, then Friday taking a cheat day. Modified cheat - not high carbs OTHER than a flourless chocolate cake. And only a small slice at that. Need to order that today. Other than that, I want to enjoy low-carb treats - like a large omelet for breakfast, and steak and yummy veggies for dinner. And my cake. The person who is making it for me made my wedding cake.

I also ordered myself a Fitbit one for my birthday. I even had it wrapped so my husband won't look like he forgot my birthday entirely. I am ridiculously excited about this. Other birthday indulgences include a haircut and manicure.

I'm experimenting with more herbal teas today, too. I need to find out what soy lecthin is.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

I've been reading about fasting and night eating syndrome.

Hmmm.

I've been thinking about how to continue on after the fat fast, which has been more of a semi-fat fast anyway. I drink coffee in the morning and am really not hungry at all but especially not until evening. Then, I struggle with stopping eating. I'm not hungry - I'm just eating.

I have forgotten to mention that I've been eating chocolate with this fat fast. It was in the diet, and it is four squares and fewer than 5 grams. It was in Dana Carpender's book, so I'm calling it okay.

But back to the fast. I am intrigued. I think I want to say coffee with cream in the morning and through lunch, but limit to four cups (decaf after 10). Then dinner and cut off the consumption window at 8.

Something along these lines. I'm going to play around with it, and read a bit more about it.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

216 today, which is my previous low. It is also one pound above my low of the past 10 years.

I am very encouraged. I think this semi-fast (since I'm adding cream to my coffee in the morning I have a hard time calling it a true fast) may really work for me. I'm not hungry (wanting to eat is a different animal entirely), and knowing that at 8 I am finished eating is a good stop point for me.

I will need more, and different, herbal teas.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

At some point, someone here on LCF posted that they always weigh right after they get home, and it gives them a good idea of what the next day's scale will bring. I was feeling skinny this afternoon, and I hadn't been drinking water all afternoon, so I steppe on the scale.

I am so happy.

I am also so not hungry. Today I had coffees, then two ham and cheddar wraps, another ounce of super salty cheese, a few pistachios (birthday gift) and a few squares of 80% chocolate. I'm now drinking my herbal teas.