Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
Today was day 7. I worked my ass off, stood up for about 8 hours and I can feel it in my hips.

Food today was okay I think - coffe with hwc and co for breakfast, and when I came home I had some chicken salad (white meat, mayo, sugar free pickles), spinach dip and a few bites of vanilla fat bomb. I was feeling snacks so I had a cup of beef broth with a splash of hwc. I'm going to have another few bites of the vanilla fat bombs. Also drinking a ton of water before bed, because it's just hilarious to get up to pee all night.
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Woo hoo

I've said this before,and I'll say it again: there ar times when I feel like I can never make the goals I desire, and then there are times when I just know it will happen.

Today will be busy - parties and a group this morning and I'm not sure if I have help or not. This should be interesting. I'll keep moving, that's for sure. I really wonder how much I all each day at work.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:59 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

I don't think I can keep track of days. I know March 15 is 60 days and I have to be groovy with that.

Yesterday food was breakfast coffee with hwc and co, and then when I got home I sort of shoved 400 calories in my face. Including a cup of chicken broth with a pat of butter and hwc. That's so damn yummy. I also had a few bites of spinach dip, a few wedges of laughing cow cheese and a few bites of a vanilla fat bomb. I couldn't quite get satisfied. I finally drank a giant glas of water and went to bed.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:23 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Slowly, slowly.

Yesterday I made chicken salad for dinner. My whole family ate some. this may be a new go-to meal. I also had some cucumbers and spinach dip. I went to bed a little hungry, woke up a little hungry, saw a little loss. Glad I didn't give in to hunger last night.

Today will be interesting. I have a ton to do to get ready for the weekend, plus I have to work until late.

My friend that is coming in town this weekend hasn't seen me since May. Probably 30 pounds lost. I can't wait to see her reaction!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:40 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

I suspected I would be, and I'm okay with it. I feel very watery like I'm holding on to lots of fluid. TOM? Maybe? I had more food yesterday than I have in a week. And more cream cheese than I know I need. Oh well - I am just hoping to maintain this through the end of the month, since I have company coming in town this weekend and we will be eating every meal out. After they leave - back to another fat fast!

My legs are bothering me this morning - trying to decide it it's because I worked a 14 hour day yesterday or if it's something else. Never really positive. I also got cold during the night, which I can't stand. But I was too cold to get out of bed and grab the electric blanket. My exhausted cold mind is rarely rational.

I am so excited about my friends coming to visit! This weekend is going to be fantastic!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

I haven't stepped on a scale in three days. I've stayed on-plan, zero strays, but ive eaten higher calorie than I should have, I know. I'm sure I've gained, with one or two restaurant meals per day.

Friends leave Tuesday. Back on fat fast Wednesday and weigh Friday. Give me a few days to recover. I hope I haven't done too much damage.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Still on plan and yet assuming I'm up. Will weigh Friday after a few days of clean eating.

Woke up this morning feeling out of sorts. And what a surprise: time of the month! LUCKY ME!

My friend who has been visiting is leaving this morning. We've had a great time and I'm sad she is leaving but also ready to be back in my routine - both personal and work-related.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:01 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

218 even

Sooooo much better than I thought it would be. And I bet I'll be back where I want by Friday - I weighed because I was dreading it and was sure I was over 220.

We are having tornadic weather today and schools are delayed opening, so I slept in. I'm almost not exhausted now. Almost.

Food last night was broccoli and hamburger. So yummy to go back to simple eating! Tonight I'm doing the same. Back on track!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Julia, you are doing great! I just got TOM too on Sunday night so you I know you feel. You will go down 1-2 pounds once TOM is over. Your eating is going really well - you must be really pleased!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

I was having an evening of couldn't-be-satisfied. I wanted a mushroom and Swiss omelet, but the mushrooms were... not good. And no Swiss. Funny how mozzarella looks like Swiss at a glance, but is so not the same thing. So that lead to me nibbling on this and that. Nothing was doing it.., I ate some pecans (my favorite) and then made a lemon jello and cream cheese thing - sort of a fat bomb - but that wasn't IT if you know what I mean. So I got a cup of chicken bullion and added a glug of cream and a half a pat of butter. That at least stopped my nibbling.

My battery on the iPhone bad iPad each were under 5% so I got in bed (where the chargers are). No more temptation.

Tomorrow I must get Swiss and mushrooms. Got to!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:39 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Still 218 and after last night I'm not surprised.

I'm not discouraged, even though I just read a post about missed opportunities. While I'm not on a continual downward trend, my overall pattern is loss. I had four days of on-plan indulgences, and overating caused me to gain, but a few days of correction and I'll be back on my journey. I don't want to always be "the one on the diet" but I don't mind always being the one who doesn't eat grains or sugar.

My one-year low-carb anniversary is tomorrow, and I'll end it slightly short of my goal of 60 pounds lost. But I have stuck with it for a year - one year down, many more to go.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Hi there! Thanks for posting in my journal... I was just reading yours and I admire your resolve. It's such a journey, isn't it?
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

My 365th day of eating low carb, and I skidded off the rails. Henry and I ate a bunch of fruit. A whole bunch. It was so good, too. Honeydew and cantaloupe and grapes and pineapple. I had that and a handful of almonds. So good. So very yummy.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Still hanging at 218.

I must confess, yesterday does not go in the Hall of Fame. I ate the top or a pizza... And a few bites of crust. A whole bunch of cheese and fruit. And a frozen Atkins dinner.

My stomach has been feeling it, for sure.

So today is my one year Atkins-versary. I've lost 57 pounds (shy of my 60 pound goal, but I'm fine with that). More importantly, I'm still doing this a year later.

We have lots of stuff going on this weekend. I'm going to eat on-plan but it's another restaurant weekend. Im making several low-carb goodies for watching the super bowl. Henry doesn't have school today, and I thinker are going for a hike - it's a bright sunshiney day.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations on your weight loss, Julia! Losing 57 pounds is fabulous!!! You should be really proud!!! I hope you have a GREAT time on your hike with Henry.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Hmmm having a hard time getting going again. Not eating off-plan, per se, but eating too much. I'm hungry, and also eating because eating, and I'm up. I'm going to make taco soup for tonight and then start again fresh and clean tomorrow.

Last week was so out-of-sorts. I need routine.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

I swear, I wish there was a way to say "okay mind and body, let's just go on cruise control and take a few days where we don't have to think about every bite." but apparently I can't do that.

In other words, I'm having a hard time getting down to brass tacks. I know what I need to do, but it's getting frustrating.

Today I've eaten more than I should, while technically staying on-plan. But I feel gross and huge. I'm feeling terrible about how much I still have to lose. I was worried that I'd have this reaction once I hit a year.

I want to whine that it's hard and I don't want to do it any more. That's not really how I feel, but it is hard and the results are so slow and I'm just really not feeling good about how I'm doing. I will also freely admit that I'm stressed about other things, so I'm sure it's manifesting itself in how I feel about food/diet/me. I finally has to go take half a Xanax so I'd quit stressing.

In conclusion: having a hard time, scale isn't moving, makes me feel worse. The cycle sort of sucks.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

I know it is hard -- really hard. Sometimes great tasting, easily accessible food feels like the best thing ever -- and it is hard to walk away from. But you are making GREAT progress and losing weight steadily. Yes, right now, you may have stalled just a very tiny bit but you will start to lose again in no time once you buckle down on plan. The thing is Julia, you are really, really good about staying on plan when you set your mind to it. Anyway, your friends on this board love you regardless of what you decide to do or what you put in your mouth. You rule period.

If you want a change of pace, Nikki has a great journal on this site -- the Nikki Is Get Yer Done -- I am sure you have seen it. Anyway, at first, she lost a whole bunch of weight on low carb and then she transitioned to Weight Watchers/low carb version and lost her last 39 pounds or so. She looks fantastic and I suggest you check out her journal -- because if nothing else, she will inspire you and provide good tips/ideas in the process.

Anyway, thinking of you and sending supportive vibes your way.

Last edited by GailyGail; 02-04-2013 at 05:33 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much, Gail. I really do appreciate it so much! I'm going to check out Nikki for sure.

Today was meh. I worked for some but not all of what I needed to do done. Dinner was in a restaurant. Never the best. Low carb ice cream and nuts.

I'm still up, and dealing with how I feel about that.

Saw a reflection of myself tonight at the mall and didn't realize it was me. That was different.

Hmm.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:28 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Well, Julia, you are losing weight and getting healthier, so look on the bright side. You are really making progress even though it is hard.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:54 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

So much of what I do is future planning, that sometimes I need a reality check.

I've been working for two weeks on summer things - camps and projects for the shop. And the other day there was a sale on my favorite website, so I bought lucky jeans in size 12 and a bathing suit in size 12. These are my goals for summer. I got them, and tried them on. Of course they are too small - I don't want them to fit now or hopefully they will be too big come summer. But I had to remind myself that it is FEBRUARY. I have four months to lose 20 pounds and get under 200 and into those clothes.

I'm also not as down as my previous two entries suggest. I feel like I should be doing better, sure, but its more of a mystery. I feel like I'm not doing the right things to lose weight but I'm not always sure what the right things are. Sometimes it's hard to know what to try next. My initial reaction is to eat less, of course. I've got a lifetime of diet advice telling me to do that. I'm also thinking a week of "stablizing" will make it easier to jump back into induction next week. I know I shouldn't wait to start induction, but I also just need a day or two of not stressing over every bite.

This way of living is so amazing. I know how far I've come in a year. I know how far I've got to go, and that it will probably take another year. Then a lifetime of maintaining. That's my ultimate goal. Looking at the big picture is the most important thing, but not getting overwhelmed is important, too.

As for today: coffee, cream, coconut oil. Dinner will be the leftover soup. I love taco soup. Finish the low carb ice cream. Paint some pottery, work on some glass, help with Henry's basketball practice and remember that my life is pretty awesome.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

I'm holding steady ay 220 even.

Yesterday I had a mini nut binge, plus ate more avocado than I had planned - but I had cut up two and then my son said he didn't want any and I couldnt let it go to waste. Well, I could, except I hate to waste money even more than I hate to waste avocado.

Tonight I'm teaching a glass class, so no mindless snacking at home. That's a good thing. I have to go get more magnesium at whole foods this morning so I may go looking around.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Had a great night out with good friends. Had wine but only ate from the cheese board. No king cake at all, which was damn hard since it was a mardi gras party. But no feeling gross about overeating, either. And I didn't feel fat and gross as the party and out of place. I know that sounds crazy, but it was huge.

I am comfy in bed but need to go take my magnesium and melatonin. Sigh. Life is so hard...
Old 02-10-2013, 06:45 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Good for you for saying "no" to King Cake -- that is a HARD thing to do!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

It was! I've been under assault this season! Our neighbor brought us one... Which I regifted to anothe friend. The ones last night were from a fantastic place in New Orleans. The smell! But, I stuck to the cheese and it was delicious.

This morning I'm making drop biscuits using CarbQuick. We will see. I'm not even a huge drop biscuit fan. I'm missing our Sunday morning ritual of family breakfast, which we of course still have and I enjoy the eggs and sausage and bacon. But Henry and Michael always also have biscuits or pancakes... Today I decided I wanted some, too. I'm going to experiment with freezing th extras.

Okay - they aren't that good by themselves or with just butter. But with some of the Steel's pancake syrup they are fantastic! The right consistency and I love that pancake syrup. I'm going to order some sugar-free honey and try that next.

Last edited by JMacB; 02-10-2013 at 07:27 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 04:57 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Starting over with induction this morning. Eggs for breakfast. Hamburger and broccoli for dinner. No nuts (nuts!) which apparently stalls me.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Day two and I'm holding on. Weight is, too. Nuts make say nuts.

Tonight I took my son to McDonald's and then I came home and made myself a hamburger patty and steamed broccoli. When I went back into the kitchen to get a drink, my son ate my broccoli! He had fries and didn't touch them. Just my broccoli. I made more, and didn't share.

I'm freezing cold, which I'm not sure if its weather related or weight loss related. It is winter, but I cannot get warm. That usually happens when I start induction over again.

Lent starts tomorrow. Usually I give up drive-through. No longer a factor. And I've given up everything food-wise. Seriously, not giving up coffee, not even for 40 days. I think I'm going to use this as a kick-start to exercise. I need to, don't want to, but am going to. If I can power through 40 days it should stick.

I will admit, it was strange to have no pancakes today. Next year, I'm making low carb pancakes on Mardi Gras.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:07 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Back to weighing every Day, and seeing the numbers go down. Back to 218.

I'm trying to not think of wasted time not losing. I bounced around, but did not fall apart. I didn't stop, give up, go back to the way I ate before.

There is a thread about how I know I'm about to slip. Mine is if I skip weighing, quit taking my vitamins in the morning (I always take the night time ones), start eating too many "allowed" carbs (almonds and pecans being the main culprit). But it's also if I stop using my face cream at night. I realized I'd gotten out of that habit. It's the ritual, the habit that I need to observe. With the habits in place, my entire life is better ordered.

Yesterday I cooked a bunch of chicken thighs in the crock pot. Not sure what I'm doing with them. But I have the meat so I can eat. I need to pick up salad fixings and stuff.

It's valentines day - will be hard to resist candy. Not the real stuff, which I easily decline. But my friends now know that Russell stover sugar free exists and they buy it for me. My friends are awesome, but I have so little will power. But I have to think of them as being "malitol cocktails". If I have too many - boom!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Down again, 217.6.

I have the most awesome friends: I was given sugar free candy by my husband and child, plus four friends. I was also given regular chocolate by three vendors. Not cool! Those are getting regifted to my staff. They are young and can handle it.

Today I'm hosting a play date for my kiddo. Probably around 6 first-graders. It's going to be crazy and I can't wait. Then to work a crazy birthday party at 3, so just the usual in my life.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Strawberries. In season. I was weak. Had about 10. So perfect. I will regret it.

Fresh fruit is more of My kryptonite than even bread. Pizza would be a toss-up. But lord I love fresh fruit.