Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 05:14 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012

Yesterday I started with an egg cream, and then last night Michael made spaghetti for dinner for him and our son and a friend who was over. It smelled so good! I ended up taking about a cup of sauce and eating that, along with about 4 ounces of mozzarella sliced up and melted in the microwave just a bit. Borderline in of that was a good idea, but mentally it was a GREAT idea.

I bought some chia seeds and experimented with puddings yesterday. The chocolate was pretty good, but never really set up. Last night I made a vanilla and let it thicken over night. Not sure I love it. I may melt a square of bakers chocolate and stir in.

I should take advantage of my family being asleep and do an exercise video. Except I don't want to. I want to just cuddle under a blanket with the cats and do nothing. So unmotivated!
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Julia, take it easy and enjoy the Sunday! Plus the kitty cats want to cuddle with you! You've been working hard and sticking to the diet so I say you should enjoy a day to relax so you can recharge for the week ahead.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

I went to work for a while, but I'm home now. I'm cooking an experimental quiche - we are out of ham, but I put a layer of swiss cheese, then sautéed mushrooms and sautéed turnip greens (leftover from new year's day) - I sautéed them to take up the moisture. For the egg binder I have three eggs, cream and mayo. It's a recipe from this site, slightly modified for the ingredients I have on hand.

It's warming up somewhat, so I may go for a walk. My foot still doesn't feel great, so I'm not sure I want to test it. I'm supposed to start working out Tuesday morning (first day back to school - woo hoo - for kiddo).
Old 01-07-2013, 03:24 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Slowly but surely, getting off what I'd already lost once. Not getting frustrated, just doing it. I've revised my goals somewhat - 215 by the end of this month (that will be 60 pounds in a year), but then 200 by March 15. Once we are back in a schedule I'll be able to focus better. And actually that will be 200 by march 13 since I'll be at a conference then.

Also to start toning. I feel very floppy.

Going to Atlanta today to get glass, and I'll see someone who hasn't seen me in 30 pounds. Let's see if he notices. I hope so. Vain to think about, but it's true.

My quiche was a success. I ate half of it and will have the other half tonight. Of course it's the national championship game and I'm so nervous I hope I don't throw up. But it was really good even if it was a little watery.

I also am still experimenting with chia seeds. I told Henry they were dehydrated frog eggs and I made them into a pudding and I'd pay him a dollar to take a bite. I'm a terrible mom. Then I fessed up, and we made an experiment by taking two jars and putting two tablespoons of chia seeds in each. In one, we added a cup of water, and shook it every 5 minutes. Then we compared the two to see how the water affected the seeds. He totally got into it. They are a little pricy to do too much experimenting with but that was fun. I have a few other recipes to try, so we will see.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to hear that the quiche recipe was a success! What do the chia seeds taste like? Are they supposed to aid weight loss?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

They get gel-y,,so you can use them to make a pudding-like recipe. One of my oh-I-miss-it comfort foods is chocolate pudding, and other recipes don't have mouth-feel that a good creamy pudding has.

Dana Carpender has several recipes and mentioned it recently, and it prompted me to buy them. She has a warm cereal she makes. I may want that this winter.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:02 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Roll Tide Roll! I stayed home to watch the game so I wouldn't be tempted. Instead, yesterday I had an egg cream for breakfast before I drove to Atlanta, a venti breve sugar free caramel latte for lunch, and for dinner I had a hamburger patty, a scoop of spinach artichoke dip and some cheese. Drank a TON of water during the game, but no nervous snacking.

I didn't get to see my friend for lunch, but will next month. I want to tone up more before then.

Henry started back to school today, and I'm going to work in about 30 minutes. Back to routine! Exercise will begin now. I do love me a schedule.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Alabama crushed it -- you must be thrilled! I find Nick Saban very attractive even though he is a shortie. Good for you for staying on plan!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Salt n Vinegar almonds might be the most tastiest thing on the planet. At least to me right now.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:26 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Darn those almonds. And those bites of taco meat. Salty and delicious and I can look at my hands and see the water retention.

Egg cream for breakfast today, and then who know what for dinner. I have a class to teach tonight. Planning food for days like these are hard.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:56 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Foot is hurting again. And it is raining, which puts me in such a mood. I don't wanna do anything. A. Ny. Thing.

But I will. I will go to work and have two meetings that I need to have and blah blah blah. Teaching last night was great, and I work late Friday and Saturday and Tuesday.

Anyway.

We re out of eggs, so I'm going to meet a friend for breakfast at my favorite diner. The other day the girl scouts came by and I bought five boxes and sent them to this diner and told them to let him pick which ones he wants. One of the things he makes is a Philly cheese steak omelet. Pretty darn tempting.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:29 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Woo hoo!

I had been so good all day, and then last night I just couldn't stop picking. I made a cheesecake and it wouldn't all fit in the own, so,I ate the end of the batter. And a few spoons of cherry preserves. And some olives. And some whipping cream. I finally went to bed so I could make myself stop.

My foot is still hurting but is better, and today my pure barre video arrives. I wanted to start today but the DVD gets here today. My goal is 20 times in 30 days. I work late tonight but will be home from 3-5 so I will eat dinner then.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

I wonder if I can lose 4 pounds in two weeks. That's ,y short-term goal - to be at 215 by february 1.

Today I work from 10-? Probably about 9 tonight. Long day, but doing nothing tomorrow. Nothing. Well, I'm going to go for a nice long walk IF my foot will stop hurting.

The cheesecake I made is good, but I don't love it. Which is probably good. I'm more of a creamy cheesecake person, and this is a baked one. I do love that with this WOE I'm learning to cook.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

So this morning I've decided I want to eat this weekend. I want to enjoy low-carb food, but I want to eat. And then I think that next week I shall do a fat fast or an egg fast.

This morning I've had coffee and an almond flour-based OMM with butter and sf cherry preserves and two sausage patties. Today I plan to have some smoked meat (not sure if it's going to be pulled pork, ribs or smoked chicken, but one of them). Or I will have a gyro salad.

I know I will be up if I do this, but I am just feeling the need.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorepepsi
Stats: 250/243/135
WOE: Modified Greysheeters
Start Date: January 2013
Hi,

I've read your weight-loss journey thread... I'm new to LC Friends, and I want to stick to my goals the way you do... I live in New York, where gyros are ubiquitous... a gyro salad for lunch or dinner sounds delish... if you have the time, roast your own lamb, and make your own cucumber/yogurt sauce... making it from scratch is healthier and tastier... Behlor

Welcome to my journey thread, Kicking Sugar's Ass...

Kicking sugar's ass
nomorepepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

I would love to try it, but my local place is so ridiculously good I could never match it. The tziki sauce is the best I've ever had - people who don't like tziki sauce will eat this stuff.

Alas, I had neither gyros nor smoked meat. And I'm up today. 220.6. Yesterday I had an almond-flour based OMM, coffee with cream and co, 2 sausage patties, and a hamburger patty with about one ounce of cheddar. And a squirt of sugar-free whipped cream.

I'm frustrated, because i don't know what to do. Cut calories? Eat more? Eat differently? My knee-jerk reaction is to cut calories, but I'm not sure that's the right decision. Like I said yesterday, i think I'm going to try a fat-fast starting monday or Tuesday. And as much as I love it, cut out my mio from water. I just hope it won't cut my water consumption.

In non-scale victories (and boy oh boy do I need them) yesterday a friend came to pick up her pottery and she hasn't seen me since summer. She couldn't stop talking about how good I looked. It really was a much-needed boost.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Just a test post here...
Old 01-13-2013, 06:45 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorepepsi
Stats: 250/243/135
WOE: Modified Greysheeters
Start Date: January 2013
Julia,

Glad to hear about your friend... weight loss is ultimately a solo journey, but that cheering on from family and friends definitely helps! Behlor
nomorepepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, you do look great and your gain is a tiny teeny-weeny gain that is likely water. I don't think you ned to change anything. Your eating is perfect -- low carb, moderate protein, high fat and relatively low in calories to still drive weight loss. Just be patient because overall, the scale is going in the right direction!
Old 01-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

I know, and yet I'm not sure.

Today I'm eating more "on plan" foods than perhaps I should. I made green olive cream cheese spread, and ate it on cucumber slices. Then I ate some carb smart vanilla ice cream. I'm not sure what else I'm eating.

But, 60 days is what I called this journal, and 60 days from tomorrow is my 44th birthday. I'm refocusing on that goal. I want to be down to 199 on my birthday, which will be hard. That's an ambitious goal, but I'm refocusing. I'm going to exercise with my new pure barre videos. I'm going to try a fat fast to jump start my weight loss and then keep it going.

Sixty days. I can do this, 60 days at a time.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Today has been a disaster. I've eaten carb smart ice cream (two servings)' an Atkins frozen meal (crestless chicken pot pie. It was okay), and a handful of pecans. And probably some other stuff that I can't remember. Oh, some sugar free whipped cream and a sugar free chocolate thing. But at least I didn't buy an entire bag like I wanted at Walmart. So at least there's THAT.

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with me today? I got frustrated and fell off the rails. I know I have a plan in place (fat fast starting Tuesday, pure barre starting in the morning).

But today I've rather stunk up the joint.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Day one (again)

Well, I didn't really do anything extraordinary today. I didn't exercise, as I set my alarm for 5:30 pm rather than am. Go me. Well, I did a half-hour of just dance on the wii tonight. That was good.

Food was terrible. On plan, but too much of it. Breakfast was a very delicious Philly cheese steak omelet. Oh me oh my but it sure was good. Other than that, cream and co in my coffee, and some pecans and cheese for dinner. I'm about to have a chunk of cheese cake, though.

Tomorrow morning I'm starting a fat-fast for a week. I'm hoping to find the same success as I have in the past.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Day two

Im not going to lie. I about cried when I stepped on the scale this morning. So disheartening what just a few days of higher carbs will do to me.

So today I started a fat fast. I had cream and co in coffee, about 4 ounces of cream cheese and a tablespoon of coconut butter today. I am not at all hungry (the coconut butter took care of that.

I weighed when I came home from teaching* and was down a pound from this morning.

* tonight I went to a church and did a clay cross hand building class. It was really fun. But I've been working since 8 this morning and I moved 50 pounds of clay three different times today and I feel like i got my workout in!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:43 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Day three yesterday. I'm going in the right direction.

Yesterday I went to Sam's and picked up some laughing cow cheese and spinach dip. Both are high fight fat and low carb. I also got a six-pack of cream cheese, and a four-pack of butter (which I put in the freezer). I made the cream and butter fat bomb. It's pretty freaking amazing. Salty and a little sweet. Really yummy.

Tonight is the big glass night we have once a month... And it's supposed to snow. If it is going to ice over, I'll have to cancel. Grrrrr. But this is also a huge challenge for me with eating. I'm ordering something I don't necessarily love for them to eat.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Hey congratulations on the weight loss! That is GREAT news!!! How do you make the fat bombs? I really want to try the fat fast. It is going super well for you.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

The fat bomb is equal parts butter and cream - melt the butter slowly and bring to a simmer. Allow to get slightly brown, then add cream. Sweeten to taste. Stirring constantly (very important!) while it thickens, then pour into a dish. Keep stirring while it cools. I used toasted marshmallow and it tastes like caramel. Very salty (how I like it), but sweet and creamy. Mine hasn't set up to cut it - I just take scoops with a spoon.

Today it snowed and that sends Alabama into a tailspin. Henry's school was let out early and I had to cancel my class. But while he enjoys hot chocolate I'm having a mug of beef broth. It only has 10 calories and one carb, but no fat. So I floated a pat of butter on top. Luxurious!

Gail, I'm loving the fat fast. I have to stay busy or I'll think about what I'm not eating. But the next few days I'm going to be up to my eyeballs and I should be ale to stay on track. I am deep in ketosis and never hungry. And seeing that number go down - HUGE!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Day four yesterday. I only corrected another half-pound. I need to correct 2 more pounds before any fresh loss will happen.

This weekend might be a challenge, but I really want to get this weight off and get my numbers down. I shouldn't be obsessed with a number, but I admit I am.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Day 5 and my correction is complete. I'm back to 219 and now will start fresh loss.

I love being on a fat fast. I'm not hungry, although the "need" to eat can sometimes overwhelm me. Last night, I was feeling that, and my current solution to that is a mug of hot beef broth, with a pat of butter floated in it to make it feel more substantial.

My housekeeper, who only sees me every few months, made such a big deal over me yesterday. It was borderline embarrassing. She also helped me take almost 6 tubs of clothes that I've shrunk out of out to the garage - which she also completely cleaned and organized yesterday! By next weekend my house is going to look thinner, too!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Day 6 yesterday

217.4 this morning.

Yesterday was the national championship celebration for Alabama and we went to Tuscaloosa for it. It was very fun, but I had to decline eating really good food. However, I saw several people who commented about me losing weight and that felt good.

Amazing how I'm not hungry. Love this way of eating.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:02 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Well, shoot. I wrote up something and managed to lose it when I went to fetch a link.

Day seven was yesterday. Took my kiddo to a Lego thing. He wanted fries, and I bought them. He ate about a third of them and I didn't finish them. Old Me would have, because they were expensive. New Me was fine with throwing them away... And then collecting the money for the, from kiddo, because they were $3.50!

I weighed in at 217 even this morning.

Yesterday I made vanilla fat bombs, and that was a nice treat. I was a little calorie-high yesterday, snacking on cheese, but today should be better. Busy day anticipated, with kids out of school and cold weather.