Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 03:37 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012

That makes me happier than maybe it should, but I am ecstatic! I know these numbers are all arbitrary, and I should be no happier about getting to 219 than I was to get to 220, but I am over the moon.

I have to be extra good today to make sure yesterday's nuts don't show up on tomorrow's scale.

My husband is sick, so I have to be mom with carpool and early pick-up and all of the stuff like that. I need to get all of my Christmas cards finished and mailed. No minute like the last minute!

Food today will be egg nog cream, who knows and who knows. It's so much easier when I am working all day!

Last edited by JMacB; 12-21-2012 at 03:38 AM..
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

219.6 again.

I am so totally fine with this. Yesterday was mom crazy, today will be store crazy. I would love to be under 219 before Christmas day, but I just mainly want to stay under 220.

Food yesterday started with an egg not cream, I sort of ate two eggs baked in an avocado - that wasn't very yummy (and I really wanted it to be) and I didn't eat the eggs, really. Plus some extra-sharp cheddar with that. Dinner was some chicken and Apple sausages. So yummy! And then some cream cheese creamed with truvia and topped with a tablespoon of sugar free cherry preserves and some sugar free whipped cream. So yummy!

Husband was up at 4:30 vomiting. I am convinced that the reason i'm not sick is coconut oil, vitamins and supplements, and eating low carb. Oh, and Lysol. That probably helps, too.

Food today will start with the usual, and we will see about dinner.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Good for you for staying healthy - I am convinced that low carb is good for our immune systems. I am sorry for your poor husband though. I hope he feels better. Your snack of cream cheese, sugar free cherry preserves and whipped cream sounds divine.

You are doing super well -- really happy for you!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Adding possible foods for Christmas day :

Breakfast - some kind of sausage/egg/cheese bake and the almond/raspberry pastry

Late afternoon dinner lunch - deviled eggs, stuffed mushrooms, jalapeño poppers, maybe some spinach artichoke dip and crudités. Some salty cheeses.

Last edited by JMacB; 12-22-2012 at 06:08 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 04:47 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Woo hoo!

Yesterday was hectic as expected. Husband is still very sick. My house looks like a disaster area. I don't even know where to start.

Food yesterday was off the rails: I had a ham and cheese omelet for breakfast and for dinner a bun-less burger from burger king. It was so gross. Glad it's an option, but yuck. Oh, and for dessert I had cream cheese spread on pecans and topped with sugar free cherry preserves. Oh my! So good!

In about an hour I'm going to the grocery store for the next few days. I don't know if M will be well enough to eat, so I'm not sure if I should bother buying a nice cut of meat.

I'm adding asparagus to my list. Yummy. I'm going to make some almond crackers. A lot of food, but all low carb. Back to induction on Thursday, I'm sure!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Grocery store: so much easier when eating low carb. Skipped almost all the inside aisles. They were out of asparagus so I'm going back later. I bought ham for our meal, because if Michael is still sick I won't cook it - I have plenty of other things to enjoy.

I'm actually really struggling with what else to feed the family. I have yummy appetizers but not a lot of food. And I want to keep low carb, so I don't want to get mashed potatoes. Michael suggests corn, so a can of that it is! I'm making a cheesecake for dessert. And we have some Christmas cookies - Santa needs something Christmas eve!

I'm going to spend tomorrow cooking and cleaning my house. And maybe decorating my house to look like Christmas. But let's not get crazy! I am getting a manicure and pedicure in the morning. Merry Christmas to mommy!
Old 12-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Very happy about this. Yesterday I was starving all day. And I ate a lot. Cheese, cheese and more cheese. And nuts. Macadamias, pecans, almonds. I just couldn't be satisfied. I don't know if I was hungry or just surrounded by so much food that I had head-hunger. I feel like all I do is politely decline goodies that have been offered my way. Cakes, cookies, candy - its a non-stop barrage.

My son and I always bake cookies and make a gingerbread house the night before Christmas eve. Last night I was making the cookies and popped a blob of cookie dough in my mouth. I'd swallowed it before I realized what I'd done. I hate to admit it, but it was so good. Toll house cookie dough. Yum. Then, when they were finished, I ate two. I think I added up the carbs to about 13 each, so I was still until 50 yesterday.

The plate is in the other room. I could devour it easily. So yummy, so a weakness.

Today is a cooking and cleaning day. And a manicure/pedicure at 9. I slept until almost 7:30 - heavenly - as it rained. Of course, we have a chance of tornadoes on Christmas day, because of course we do. I'm going to spend this afternoon getting Santa ready. And finding asparagus! And not eating all the cookies...
Old 12-24-2012, 05:52 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!! Congratulations on your weight loss too. You are entitled to have a few treats over the holidays. We will all get back on track once they are over!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

I am being honest, and checking in even after a really bad day. It seems I can resist only so much temptation, and then I succumb. I was good for a while yesterday, and then the wheels came off. We are getting rid of the cookies today. I woke up starving this morning, and was nauseated last night from the carbage.

I have other yummies I can eat. I made the almond-raspberry bake, but used tart cherries for the raspberries. Pretty good, but could use some tweaks. I also made an egg/sausage/cheese/cream cheese bake for breakfast. So good! We are having ham and asparagus later.

Who knows if we will eat, though. Michael is still sick. I may just hold off. I can eat this breakfast bake all day and be happy. Plus drink coffee with cream, cocoa powder and SF peppermint Torani. Yum yum!

My Santa gift was a food processor. I'm cooking so much now and I decided I need one. I shredded an entire block of cheese in 10 seconds! Woo hoo!

Now a day of noshing on low-carb goodies, and watching random movies. Starting with Raiders of the Lost Ark! Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:02 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Even if you are allowed to eat something, if you eat too much of it you will gain. I think an entire recipe of something with almond flour and cherries - probably three cups of almond flour in all. I feel quite bloated.

Back on induction today.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:18 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was my family's Christmas. And that was unexpected. Back to work today. I need routine.

It is cold and I can't deal with that.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:33 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, pretty much everyone falls off the rails over the Christmas holidays -- there are just too many high carb foods around, you know? You are still doing super well so don't get discouraged. I am so glad that you have a food processor! That will make cooking so much easier and faster! Routine totally helps me too.

Thinking of you and know that you got this!
Old 12-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

I just may as well accept that it is going to take me a few days to get this off. still not back in a good routine - I just woke up and it's nearly 8! My house is a wreck and my husband is still sick. How long until we go back to school???
Old 12-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

I stayed well on plan today but ate a lot of calories. I had a four-egg egg cream for breakfast, because I woke up so hungry. Lots of coffee. Dinner tonight - stuffed mushrooms. Omg so good. Sausage, cream cheese and extra sharp cheddar.

I love this way of eating.

I told my dad what I was making and he was so jealous. His quote: "this makes my tuna even less appealing." yeah no kidding about that, daddy!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

I'm back in ketosis (can tell with my breath and lack of hunger). Hopefully that means these pounds will come off now. I'm hoping that by 1/1/13 I'll be back to 219.

Today I'm going to be home, which can be dangerous. I'm going to finish those mushrooms, I know, but otherwise I'm going to try to eat some eggs and maybe make some bacon. I have asparagus that needs to be eaten, and I need to clean some jalapeños and freeze them.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday I cleaned out the pantry - things that I don't cook or eat any longer, and filled 5 shopping bags with stuff to take to the food pantry. Lots of pasta - it was always BOGO at Publix, but also box cake mixes and other convenience foods.

My pantry looks so amazing now! I have a shelf of low carb items - different sweeteners, especially, plus nuts and other ingredients I can use. I was never a real cook until I changed how I eat. Now I have so much and easily can get to it. Really happy I cleared it out.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:58 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

222 again

Again.

I sat around last night watching football and grazing on ham. I'm having a very hard time getting hugely motivated to jump back on the be super good bandwagon.

Today we are going to a basketball game, and I may be going to a football game tomorrow. And we have more ham to eat.

One thing: this time a year ago I went to a basketball game and was so incredibly uncomfortable in the seats. I'm looking forward to not being so crammed into the seat this year.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:56 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Better, not great.

I'm planning to go off plan tomorrow for lunch, but black-eyed peas and greens are their the menu. it's a southern thing, but I can't imagine not having them - plus it means luck in the new year!

Today I'm working and watching football. Food will be a ham and cheese omelet and dinner.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Happy New Year Julia! Wishing you all the best in the new year!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

I certainly would have preferred to start 2013 in the 21x category, but instead of focusing on the negative, I'm lookinng to the positive: I'm dragging around 54 fewer pounds than I was last February 1. I feel so much better. And 2013 is going to be even better.

Mini-goals: to be under 215 by the end of January. To be under 200 by March 15 (my birthday). To be under 190 by the end of April.

Exercise: to get it going. I have downloaded a few videos to the iPad so I can workout wherever i am. And I just read on Pinterest a great idea - an exercise jar. Put a dollar in for every workout, and when you get to a certain amount treat yourself to a reward. I love this idea.

Today I'm working from 12-5. Short day, and I'm planning to eat off-plan. But black-eyed peas and greens for luck in the new year, and I'm not willing to risk it. Honestly, 2012 was a terrible year for me. Only my eating was in my control. I'm looking forward to 2013 and it being OVERALL a better year.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Your goals sound great and I love the idea of an exercise jar! I need to do that! Hope you enjoy New Year's Day and lets toast to a wonderful 2013!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

I have done something to my right foot, and I'm hoping that I didn't actually gain a pound and a half yesterday, but instead have water retained from that. Not sure what I've done, but yeeeouch. Of course, I'd planned to start exercising today and instead I can barely walk. Awesome.

Food yesterday was a ham and cheese omelet for breakfast and black-eyed peas, turnip greens and ham for dinner AND low-carb cornbread. OMG so good. Made this southern girl happy.

I'm going to limp along to work today and hope that whatever i did stops hurting soon.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

I'm up to 224 and I have absolutely no idea what is going on. My foot is killing me. I ate more of the faux cornbread. Maybe that's the culprit. I'm putting it in the freezer.

I am so frustrated.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

What is in the faux cornbread? Do you know? Please don't get frustrated. Look at how far you have come! For most of us, you have to be fairly strict on low carb during the weight loss phase -- unless you have a planned treat once every few weeks or so. If you have time, see a doctor about your foot but don't get down about your dieting. Again, you have made GREAT strides so this is no time to turn back!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Barbo's first draft cornbread

It wasn't the cornbread. It was chicken wings that had a new sauce in them. I had forgotten about them. This is why I have to keep it simple and write it all down.

My foot: I wore my track shoes to work today and I think that helped. Of course, I was cutting glass all day and managed to filet my thumb. One thing since I started low carb: I bleed a LOT and it is BRIGHT red.

I have a new goal and motivation: at the end of this month I'm hosting a conference at my store. So it has to be clean and I have to get on track. Literally: I'm getting back on the exercise kick, starting tomorrow.

Thanks for the encouragement. I really was so frustrated this morning and I'm feeling better this afternoon.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Pics!

One year ago this week I was in New Orleans.

Then last month this was taken at my store.

I can't believe how much better I look, and not just because I don't have alien eyes.

My friend on the other end of the table had gastric surgery and las lost over 100 pounds since that picture. The couple in the middle are getting married this weekend.

What a difference a year makes. I can't wait to see next year's pictures.

Last edited by JMacB; 01-03-2013 at 07:03 PM..
Old 01-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

So this morning I was at 223. I'm not "happy" but I am less frustrated.

A few small changes I'm making: adding more co to my coffee. I want to be up to 3 tbl per morning. I'm going to fix an egg cream for breakfast. I'm teaching a glass class tonight so I'm working late, and I think When i come home about 1:30 ill fix a hamburger steak and broccoli to eat for dinner. The problem with teaching nights is I come home and I'm wired and can't go to sleep and I end up looking for something to snack on. Maybe I'll make jello?

I also bought chia seeds yesterday. I need some almond milk to make a pudding.

My foot feels much better. Still some pain, but not unbearable.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, you look FANTASTIC. You look so much thinner and healthier now and your skin and hair look absolutely gorgeous. That is good motivation for eating low carb!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Copying this so I can find it later... From the one favorite meal thread

My most favorite is my homemade alfredo sauce. You can use it on anything.....chicken, fish, shrimp, scallops, broccoli, scrambled eggs, anything. I love it and it is so simple. Take a stick of butter and melt it on the stove top. Add to that a cup of heavy whipping cream.

Then add in 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese--the green can kind is fine! Add in a clove of garlic if you wish--optional. Then I add in cream cheese--whatever I have opened or need to be used. Any amount from 3 oz to 6 oz is great, it adds thickness to the sauce and is totally optional. Heat altogether in pan, I use a whisk to get the lumps out, and pour over food. Simple--takes about 5 mins too.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was interesting. I had a three-egg egg cream for breakfast. I bought cookie dough flavored davinci, and its not my favorite for what I thought I'd use it for, but I like it in the egg cream. Then for lunch I had a bit of cheese. I went back to work and had to teach, and we got really busy. Taught last night and got home and wasn't hungry at all. So, I went to bed. And this morning I'm not terribly hungry either.

I do so much better when I work those crazy days. And last night some friends from forever came by and they were so encouraging - makes me feel good.

Today I'm working, grocery shopping, and taking down Christmas.