Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/185/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
My netrition order came, and it's so hard to not just taste a bit of everything.

I'm giving my of it to my mom. She struggles with cravings and they can be what un-does her progress. I got her CarbQuick, Lupin flour and low-carb all-purpose flour. I also got her chocoperfection bars (the combo pack) and the sugar-free marshmallows.

I got a bunch of davinci syrups. Egg nog is my current favorite, and peppermint. I'm trying a few others for the first time.

I also got - and tried - the sugar free macaroons and sugar free fake Nutella. Both were very very delicious and I will have to watch portion control for sure. But nice to have an option for a treat this time of year.

My sister-in-law is putting her family on a gluten-free diet, so some of the things we bought we are going to share with them, but also let them know about netrition.
JMacB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my goodness: a bite of sugar free Go-lo Foods Dark Hazelnut Spread with a smidge of sugar free cherry preserves on top! Like candy!

Last edited by JMacB; 12-09-2013 at 05:31 PM..
Old 12-10-2013, 03:31 AM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Today is painting with Santa day, plus I'm teaching a class this morning. So - 5:30 and I'm about to go to work! But I didn't want to go back last night. I'm usually more efficient in the morning.

Off to conquer dragons!
Old 12-10-2013, 04:12 AM   #604
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Yay for continued weight loss! Congratulations. Hope you have a great day today. Your Netrition order sounds really good!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #605
Major LCF Poster!

We had 88 kids come to painting with Santa, plus I taught a glass fusing class this morning.

I am wiped out. But in a good way, knowing that I worked hard.

"Mrs. Claus" hasn't seen me in two years (since just before I started low carb) and she was just so sweet about how I look. I know I keep saying how people are noticing, but it really does make me feel so good.

Coming home, I kept thinking about that not-Nutella. I had the last of the ground beef-rotel-cream cheese bake for dinner, and a spoonful of the not-Nutella. It is perfect - just the right amount to make me feel satisfied. And only 1 net carb!!!

No super-early morning for me - just a regular day. But oh my goodness my store is a mess. We have quite a task ahead of us.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #606
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, it sounds like you had a great day yesterday. Hope you had a good night's sleep last night.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:29 AM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

Gail, I slept like the dead! It's cold here (below freezing) and so I had the electric blanket on the bed. The cats were very enthusiastic about that.

Not-whining-but-whining: yesterday I turned away so many treats. Bagels and muffins at breakfast, tacos at lunch, and so many treats during Santa. And I try to be patient with the weight loss, but it can be so hard. I dreamed about eating last night - not something I usually do - and this morning I was hungry. I'm going to stay strong. I just needed tonget that out of my system.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

LOL about the electric blanket and the kitties! Cats love to be cozy. I know -- dieting is really hard. It is awful when the weight loss is slow and yet the sacrifice seems so large. I am feeling the same way you are these days. Our office is filled with treats and I cannot have a single one. Last night I was craving pizza and pasta too. Hang in there...
Old 12-12-2013, 03:41 AM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Slow and steady wins the race...
Old 12-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Friend! 194 is awesome! Hey, sorry to hear about Nick Saban (my celebrity crush along with my beloved Bill Belichick)). Is he really leaving Alabama? How do you folks feel about that?
Old 12-13-2013, 03:38 AM   #611
Major LCF Poster!

I don't think he's leaving...but who knows? The feeling in Tuscaloosa is that he's staying. But we will see.

I'm so tired. Yesterday and last night may have been my tipping point. I'm up and showered but I just crawled back in the warm bed. I have two people working with me this morning, four this afternoon - we have sooooo much to do. It will happen, but right now it feels like an insurmountable task.

The good news is that I'm too busy to think of food. This morning I'm down a bit more to 193.6. Always good to see new numbers on the scale.

Husband's alarm clock just went off. In 8 minutes I can have coffee. I was trying to get to work by 6 but it may be closer to 6:30.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

Well, today has not been a stellar day. My son is all out of sorts, and laid a huge guilt trip on me. As I was driving home, with him crying in the backseat, I passed a dozen fast food places. With each one, I made the mental list of what I would order and how I could scarf it down with no one knowing. Then I'd drive on by and make my mental list for the next place. Eventually I made it to the grocery store, and I bought a bunch of cheese (BOGO) and came home and ate about 5 ounces of pepper jack and Swiss.

Sigh.

I am going to have a yummy salad for dinner - a lettuce wedge with bacon crumbles and blue cheese.

I am not going to eat all the fast food I'd like. I'm also not going to order a pizza or find anything in the house. I will not eat my feelings.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

I'm really glad I didn't stop at every fast-food place I passed, and the cheese didn't do any noticeable damage - 193.4 this morning.

Today is the last Saturday to paint for Christmas. Let's see if its a zoo. It is cold and raining, so that may affect business.

I will be buying lunch for my staff today, and I think we may order Jimmy Johns so I can have an unwich. I'm craving roast beef!
Old 12-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

This is a great victory, Julia. I am proud of you for not eating your feelings. And the scale keeps going down -- 193 is awesome. So happy for you. Henry will be okay. He was manipulating you and he knows better. You are a great mom but you are also a business owner in the midst of a very busy holiday season. You can't make everyone happy 24/7.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:01 AM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

193.6 - not worrying about that smidge.

Yesterday was so crazy at work - I fell asleep at 9 last night like the dead. No wonder I'm up at 6!

Today is Henry's 8th birthday. I can't believe it. Party for his friends and then party at our house for family. I will work from 10-1, then pick up his cake. He is so excited.

It's raining and cold. Glad tobe snuggled under my electric blanket!
Old 12-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #616
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Outlander1974
Stats: 275.4/270/165
WOE: Atkins Inducton and EFLW
Start Date: 12/1/2013
Thanks for your journal!

Just finished reading through your journal last night - you started about where I am now - I feel like you've given me a look toward the future! Hopefully I can do just as good a job as you have! I'm also going to try your alfredo sauce - do the leftovers last well in the fridge?

Thanks again!
Outlander1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, hope you have a super fun birthday with Henry!
Old 12-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Outlander, thank you so much for stopping by. Yep, I started at 275 and I'm at 193 now. Well, probably not *right now* because I just finished eating dinner - Greek salad, tops of two slices of pizza, a few spoons of pimento cheese. My mom brought me the Atkins m&ms and after serving pizza and cake and ice cream to 28 kids - it was nice to have a treat. They taste just like I remember the real thing too.

Henry's birthday has been great - best part is my friends who stayed too. Nice to visit with them and they are so nice right now while I'm so stressed. My mom and dad and brother and sister-in-law and niece and nephew were there too.

And the party was great. Henry got lots of nice gifts - about 2200 new Legos for me to step on. And his entourage of girls showed up and their cards to him are hilarious. "Henry the Hen" they call him and he turned about 40 shades of red when he opened each gift. So cute. Of course, in 10 years I may not think they are so cute...

Gail, you stay warm up there! I keep seeing pictures on fb and it looks so cold!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 04:24 AM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

I survived Henry's party, but now today I need to survive the Cub Scout holiday party tonight. I am in charge of it, and even though people tell to let them know if I need help, I'm not good about asking. So my to-do list is pretty significant right now. Doable, but formidable. The biggest issue is my Sam's card was in my stolen wallet, so I have to figure out how to get what I need without one.

I started feeling a cold coming on last night so I took Alka seltzer cold and cough. It is the bomb-diggity to make you feel better, but all the salt in it makes me retain water like whoa. So, I did not step on the scales this morning - it would be up 2-3 pounds and I don't need that thank you very much. I feel so much better this morning and after a day of flushing it from my system, I should be okay. I hope so any way.

Of course, knowing that I'm up already makes me want to have a ham and cheese Omelet for breakfast. That's another water-retainer for me! But, nope! Coffee and cream and coconut oil! It does a girl good!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day today! Last full week of work before Christmas! So much to do! So much to do! Stop and breathe and enjoy!
Old 12-17-2013, 04:38 AM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Last night was Henry's scout holiday party, and I was in charge of it. I am wiped out! When I got to the place, it was still set up from the party before! I had to break down 20 conference tables and clean up food garbage! When something was said, I was told tough noogies - we didn't pay for set-up. I said that I was told the room would be empty, and the reply was "that means no people in the room" what????? Anyway, I am SORE! Between my shoulders feels like a rock right now.

I didn't weigh this morning because I'm still puffy. Don't know if it's from the medicine still or all that physical activity last night - but I am going to give myself another day.

One week from today is Christmas Eve. I will be closed the 24th, 25th and 26th. I have so much to do! I think we can get it done though. I need to start thinking of the food I want to have. I know I want a good breakfast casserole - sausage and cheese - and maybe a sweet something with almond flour. I may place another netrition order today to get a muffin mix to try making. And more not-Nutella. For Santa to put in my stocking
Old 12-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Holy smokes, Julia, you have been busy! On top of running a crazy busy store during the holidays, you hosted two kids parties - wow! Sounds like both parties were successful thanks to your smart planning. "Henry the Hen" is so cute -- that made me chuckle. He must be so adorable.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:27 AM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

I am pretty well exhausted. Yesterday I was so tired that I could barely function. That seems to be where I am. I was also hungry all day! I admit that I succumbed to more than I should have, but I was ravenous. I hope today won't be that way.

Having the scout party was an unexpected bit of crazy - I mean, I've known about it for ages, but that I had to do it was a surprise at the beginning of the school year. One big crazy weekend, that's for sure.

Now I just have to make magic happen in the kilns for five days. Whew! I just need to resist the temptation of the goodies all my suppliers keep sending! I've got so much crap in the store! It needs to go away!
Old 12-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you get a chance to relax after Christmas. You deserve some time off!
Old 12-20-2013, 03:56 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

I'm back up to 195 - I ran out of coconut oil at work for my coffee and I've been starving! That has meant I've eaten a bit more than I would normally - and I'm pretty sure the Atkins fake m&ms haven't helped (although I sure have enjoyed them).

Today should be the last morning I get up early to go to work. And, really, the only reason I am today is so I can go to Henry's holiday celebration this morning at the school. But I have some last painting I need to do and then kiln work. Three more days! I think I'm gonna make it!

My new netrition order will arrive today. I'm super excited - things for Christmas are in there. I will have a low-carb feast waiting for me!

Off I go - so much to do!
Old 12-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my gosh I am so tired. Yesterday we were so busy at work - very very unexpected for five days before Christmas. My store is a wreck. I fell asleep at 8:30 last night and slept until 6 this morning. And could have slept longer.

My netrition order came! The xylitol-based preserves are the best I've ever tried! Nature's Hollow - taste fantastic! I got a muffin mix, and I think I want to make a cream cheese filling and top them with dollops of these preserves. I'm trying to recreate a treat called "pull a parts" from a local bakery. It won't be exactly the same, of course, but it will be nice for Christmas.

Off to work I go. We literally walked out and left a mess yesterday. I told my staff I would handle it so here I go!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:42 AM   #626
Major LCF Poster!

Today is the last day my store is open before Christmas. I am so tired I can't even tell you, but everything got finished and I can't wait to go in and unload the kilns and text folks and start to clean up! It looks like a bomb went off in my store!

Food: I haven't been the most diligent. The sugar free dark chocolate hazelnut spread is maybe just a bit too tempting. (Oh, because what I also need right now is to have my TOM and so I'm starving and craving everything!) last night for dinner, I ate a cucumber dipped in blue cheese dressing. I couldn't even think of making anything else.

Tonight Henry wants to bake cookies - so I'm cheating and bought a thing of pull-apart cookies and that's all we are having. Too tempting for me!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, congrats on the weight loss -- it must be tough when you are so busy and TOM is on the way but you did it! I think it perfectly fine to have a little holiday cheat so enjoy those cookies with Henry.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #628
Major LCF Poster!

My store is closed for three days, and we got everything finished. One customer was unhappy amd told me I ruined Christmas. I was so upset, it really put me in a funk, but so many people rallied around me to make me feel better.

I also had a huge fight with my husband yesterday. Ah, the stress of the holidays. I'm conceding defeat: I cannot be supermom. Cards didn't get finished, the gingerbread house is not happening this year, and our house is not festooned.

This morning I am having a manicure, going to the store for a bit (just to put up the we are closed sign) and then I think I am going to my mother-in-law's for Christmas with her. I have lots of emotional conflicts with this, a whole lot of anger, so it's hard. Tomorrow I'm making low-carb muffins and a sausage, egg and cheese bake for breakfast.

But first: manicure. I've earned this one!
Old 12-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

I want this day too end on a more positive note:

I made a batch of cheese crackers with Lupin flour. There is potential here, but my first batch ain't it. Right now I'm enjoying a cocktail. It's gin, ginger ale (sugar free), ginger and sugar free simple syrup. Oh ! It needs a lime.

Santa stuff is all in the car. Once Henry is good and asleep I can bring it in.

Merry, Merry to all.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Christmas Julia! I am glad that the holidays are now on a positive note. That cocktail you made sounds divine.