LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 05:06 AM   #541
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
200 even. Scale is a big tease.

Long day ahead of me. Seven Saturdays until Christmas!
JMacB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

Things I love: almonds.
Things I will eat too much of if given the opportunity: well, a whole bunch of things, but... almonds.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Almonds are good for you though.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:04 AM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Gail, you are just the best! I buy them because I want to have a snack while watching football. I just have no control! But I want something salty and crunchy and pork rinds aren't really my cup of tea. I just can't control myself, and a 6 ounce can disappears over the course of the evening.

I need a good crunchy replacement. Need to figure that out.

In I'm-sure-related-news: up to 201.4. Since I can see how puffy my fingers are, I think I know where the gain came from. Fortunately no more in the house, so maybe tomorrow or the next day will adjust down.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/20-22/12
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: One day at a time
I have the same problem with nuts. Once I pop, I can't stop. Having salted mixed nuts in the house is never a good thing for me. But as Gail pointed out, nuts are very healthy. We could be doing worse.

Have you tried unsalted nuts from the baking aisle? I find these easier to control and don't get the puffiness from the sodium overload.

Another possible game day snack could be seasoned wings or shrimp in a ranch or bleu cheese dip. Keeps your fingers busy with more protein and fewer carbs. I've also done bacon wrapped scallops. I can't gorge as much on protein as I can on nuts... Notice I emphasize as much, cuz' I can gorge on just about anything.

You have come a long way and are a healthy woman living a healthy life. Don't lose sight of the big picture as you toy with these few stubborn pounds. You have had a lot going on and are staring down the barrel of the Christmas season (professionally speaking). You are holding your own and doing amazing.
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #546
Major LCF Poster!

Y'all are just the best. I'm still struggling. I don't feel like I over eat, and yet I am stuck like a stuck thing. And I, sure I need to get back down to counting calories and carbs but I just don't wanna (please imagine whining voice here). My weight is 201 now.

Food yesterday:
Three cups of coffee for breakfast, two for lunch.
(Yes, I know. It wasn't planned but that's how my life can be these days)
Dinner: Hamburger with cheese, lettuce and mayo.
Handful of almonds, two sugar free chocolates.

Yep, I know what I need to delete from my diet. That last line. I know it, but it's how I cope with the GIANT BOWL OF CANDY leftover from Halloween. I haven't touched it* and so I cope how I cope.

*my neighbors provided my willpower for me, because there wasn't a single mars or almond joy in the bucket. Everything else I can resist.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

I completely agree Trish's advice -- find a protein snack to augment or replace the almonds. In addition to Trish's suggestions, you could make a chicken satay or fix a charcuterie plate with salami, cheese, etc. When I feel peckish, I reach for raw veggies (celery, cucumber) to dunk in a homemade herb dip that has a sour cream base. You could also just spread some all natural peanut butter on celery too.

Like Trish said, you are doing GREAT -- living a healthy lifestyle and eating mostly whole natural foods. And, you have a super stressful busy Christmas season coming up. I think we all hit stalls -- I have hit a big stall recently and the scale just won't budge. But it will move eventually so we just have to be patient and wait it out!
Old 11-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

Today was better. Had eggs and bacon with my coffee. Crazy busy day at the shop and then a staff meeting after work. Dinner? Um, a handful of almonds and three ounces of Swiss cheese. And I'm too tired to fix anything else. Is it bed time yet?

This story is all over my Facebook feed. Posting it here because I so get it, and I want to remember it later:
http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2013/10...rison-worth-it

Last edited by JMacB; 11-05-2013 at 05:59 PM..
Old 11-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

199.8 and I will take it!!!

Yesterday I made the creamy taco soup and I love it so much. I can eat a whole lot of it, too, but I bought the lower sodium broth and I think that helped me not retain fluid like it usually does.

I just have to want this more than I want to eat things that are borderline on-plan. Tonight at our Ladies' Night we are having Taco Bar, and I must resist the desire to eat it. It's so easy to make a taco salad and feel like it is on-plan. It will be when I'm maintaining, but I still need to lose!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, that is a great weight loss! You can make the taco salad, stay on plan perfectly AND continue to lose!
Old 11-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

Well....boo.

At the end of a long long week I fell off the wagon and hard. Did not make good decisions and did not stay on plan. I won't go into the details, because I'm not sure I want to recount the episode. Just know that a whole lot of resolve for the past few weeks was undone in one fell swoop.

Today I will be better. I am going to the Alabama-LSU game and will be too nervous to eat. I will get back on track. I am seriously considering a week-long fat fast next week. The scale needs a jump-start, and I am feeling the need for some steel reserve.

Roll Tide tonight, and Go Dores this morning!
Old 11-11-2013, 05:28 AM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

I'm going to buckle down and do a fat fast this week. I've got a zillion things going on, and I need to make this am easy week. I have my cream cheese ready - and I should be in ketosis hard by Wednesday!
Old 11-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you are enjoying your cream cheese and entering ketosis soon!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:39 AM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

I am going strong! I had coffee most of the day yesterday, some regular and some decaf, and then a cup of Cheri's soup for dinner. I'm back under 200, barely, but it's a start! Another crazy day at work in front of me - here we go!!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Julia! You are making progress. Keep us posted!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

It is 30 degrees outside, I live in a drafty house, and I am deep in ketosis.

I am freezing.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

Deep ketosis is good! Be sure to drink plenty of water. And bundle up -- winter comes even to balmy Alabama!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

It's 28 here right now - I am dying!!!

But the fat fast is working - 198.4!!! And I am so deep in ketosis that I have zero hunger. Yesterday at the grocery I spied in the fancy cheese section mozzarella wrapped in salami and they are so good! That and some egg salad and a spoonful of marscapone - all high high fat, so very satisfying and just what I needed!

Yesterday I also went clothes shopping. We realized Henry's winter coat is too small, which makes sense since I bought it three years ago, and it was time to get a new one. God bless old navy and their vanity sizing! I bought a pair of skinny jeans in size 14 and a dress to wear with a new pair of boots I bought a few weeks ago. Then I came home and realized I have a denim pencil skirt that is going to work great with those boots, too!

I did get Henry a coat, too. And a bunch of Santa stuff.

Today is busy but not busy busy busy. I have a ton of things to do, and I've been up since 4:45 thinking about it (awake but snuggled under the covers). Now we are all awake, and henry just let us know he still had some homework to do. That boy! But he is so sweet I can't be mad. Plus he just got my electric blanket "because it is soooo cold"! A true southerner!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:38 AM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW!!! Under 199!!!!!!!
Gotta’ love the fat fast and ketosis. You sound like you are finding a groove… work it girl!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

So I will be the first to admit that I step on the scale far too often, and certainly more than is probably good for me. But, it is what it is. So I get up in the morning, check, check again when I get home from work, check again before bed, etc.

When I came home today, I stepped on the scale and I was still under 200. That is just such a good feeling.

Also a good feeling today was wearing a pair of Lucky brand jeans that I bought last year. Size 14, and not as much vanity sizing as old navy. In fact, I've almost waited too long because they are pretty loose. And I was wearing a top that was very curvy. Crazy!
Old 11-15-2013, 04:35 AM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

Woo hoo! Love this fat fast. I am not hungry, have good energy, and I'm busy enough that I can keep doing it. Probably I won't be able to keep going much longer, but I'd love to keep trying.

I've started putting coconut oil in my coffee again, and I'd forgotten how much I love it! Keeps me full and I don't need to eat until night.

I hope everyone has a great day! For normal people - it s the weekend!!! For me, it's the start of the two busiest days of the week!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

I was having a great day, but for dinner my husband wanted to go out to dinner, since our kid is spending the night at his school. So I had a patty melt without bread, grilled onions and Swiss cheese, and a small side salad with blue cheese dressing. More than I wanted to eat, but a night out seemed like a good idea.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

195.4!!!!!!

Dinner last night wasn't a deal-breaker! Woo hoo!

Today is going to be so hectic busy crazy. At least is morning. We will see what the afternoon holds. But I am up and at'em early to get ready!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #564
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, you are awesome. The scale is really going in the right direction. Good luck at work this weekend. I hope everything goes well.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacB View Post
195.4!!!!!!
Oh yeah!!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #566
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: iloveallmymeows
Binge Eating Disorder

I always eat until, i am very full. I eat alot of food at once. I don't believe i
could ever get used to eating more frequently but smaller meals.

Any suggestions as what i can do to help myself. I am considering
weight loss surgery/ the lapband. thank you.

p.s. i have struggled with this my whole life. I have started diaries in the past but, get bored with them and discontinue them. Plus it is depressing when you have had a binge and have to write down everything you ate in the diary.

thank you !
iloveallmymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #567
Major LCF Poster!

Hey there,

I'm not sure if you meant to post this here, and I'm not sure how much help I can offer. I decided to do this way of eating because I didn't want to have weight loss surgery, but that is a decision each person has to make individually.

Tell me more about yourself. How much weight would you like to lose? What kinds of food are you binging on? I know, for me, carbs are binge foods. If I can get the carbs out of my system and keep them out, I can be satisfied with high-fat meats and dairy. But carbs are a source of constant disappointment. I am now able to eat just two meals a day - breakfast and dinner - and I am satiated without being miserable.

All this is to say, I'm not perfect. I struggle mightily, but I know this is the right track for my long-term health and happiness.

Please post again and tell me more about yourself. There is nothing in the world like feeling successful with a low carb way of eating.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

Last night I ate a semi-regular dinner with the family, so I'm very pleased I didn't bump up. I'm not sure how long I want to carry on this, but I think this week I will ease out of it. While I'm not hungry at all, I do know that I can't sustain this for too long. I like food! And this can be monotonous.

I am very, very happy to think that I am now down 80 pounds. After being stuck for so long, it's just huge! And I can see the difference! My collar bone is emerging, and I can see a waist trying to find its way out of my apple-shaped stomach! Thursday I saw a friend I haven't seen since July, and he couldn't stop gushing. Talk about an ego boost! Sometimes we just need that.

Last edited by JMacB; 11-17-2013 at 05:49 AM..
Old 11-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, losing 80 pounds is a huge accomplishment and you should be really proud. I am glad that your friend gushed over your appearance -- you deserve the accolades!
Old 11-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #570
Major LCF Poster!

Tonight for dinner my husband made spaghetti and I had dollops of sauce on top of squares of mozzarella. The heat from the sauce melted the cheese just a bit and it was like eating ravioli. Yummy!