Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Was thinking of you the other day when the Alabama game was on TV and we were cheering them to victory! Gosh, Nick Saban is cute! Hope you are hope safe and sound and back to your familiar routine. Henry must be happy to see you!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
That game! So much stress! I ate waaaaaay too many salt and vinegar almonds while I watched but they are so delicious. I was so glad to be home and in my own bed last night. Today has been stressful - re-entry day but looking forward to starting my week tomorrow.

I'm still up a bit from my trip. I'll start running again tomorrow and I am going to work hard to have a good clean eating week.
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still up at 202. I shouldn't be surprised since I can see how swollen my hands are. Drinking lots of water!

Tonight I did day three of week 4 of c25k. It wasn't easy at the end, and I had to start walking before my five minutes was up. I will be repeating this "run" Wednesday. But! The good news! The first 3 minute run and the first 5 minute run I was able to do! The second 3 minute run was harder and then as the last five minute run began... Well, I wasn't mentally ready and my legs felt like lead.

Then when I got home, I had a hamburger patty with cheese and low-carb ketchup and mustard and a nice serving of broccoli. I need to drink some more water and relax for a bit. Ad drink more water. Whew!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

No budge on the scale. Probably I need to not eat any more carb smart ice cream but it was really good.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Hi! You and I have very similar stats and goals. I can relate to much of what you say in your journal!

Keep up all the good work. I'm cheering for you.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:54 AM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

This week isn't going like I planned. I'm really tired, and having a hard time getting motivated. I didn't fall asleep well last night me then was not at all motivated to wake up this morning to exercise.

And I'm up on the scale. The carb smart chocolate ice cream is gone. That's a good thing. So is the all-natural peanut butter, which I can't eat just one spoonful of.

Today is the first of four long days at work. Maybe I'm just tired in anticipation.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/20/14
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 28, 2012
We can't always be in 5th gear. Capitalize of the upswings and just survive the downswings. Between the traveling and the long work schedule ahead, your body is probably trying to reserve energy.
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

I totally agree with what Trish said. You were traveling and working super long hours last week and now you are back and still working long hours and taking care of Henry and your husband. You need a little rest, girl. And you have been doing GREAT with your eating and your running.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you both so much! I can't even tell you what that meant to me. I did not weigh this morning, for no other reason than I just forgot.

I did my c25k workout yesterday morning, and today my right heel is killing me. I have no idea what I did. The workout was, again, more than I could do. I can do the first 3 minute run, the first 5 minute run, the second 3 minute run is hard but I just cannot get through the second 5 minute run. My legs feel like lead wrapped in concrete. So tomorrow I will try it again.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

So working 12 hour days is tiring. I stand for 80% of that time. My right heel is sore, and so I opted out of c25k this morning. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Almonds. I love them too much.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

I love them too. And I love peanuts. I really limit my amounts of them because they stall me. They don't effect Tony though. Hope you have a great day today, Julia!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #494
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you so much!

I know it's my own doing, but I'm just still so tired. And today I'm working a full day because I am still short-staffed. I woke up and just couldn't motivate myself to go exercise, but I think I will in a bit. At least try.

Yesterday watching football I over-ate, even though I stayed with on-plan food. But I ate wayyyyyyy too many almonds. And pulled the cheese off the top of a few slices of pizza.

My husband is out of town this week and I may use it as a time to go back to induction. I have to get mentally ready, amdmim not sure if I am. I have so much on my plate right now that I worry I can't focus on myself.

Heh. "So much on my plate".

I could totally take a nap right now.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

So much of this is a mental game. I am fine with low-carb as a way of eating, and can't really imagine going back to a SAD. And I maintain so very well while eating this way. But switching to being in a losing state of mind... I'm not sure what that takes right now.

So since I've gotten back from my trip 8 days ago, I bumped up to 204 and then I've slowly worked my way back down to 201. Then yesterday I overrate almonds and I was at 203 this morning. And tonight I went for my "jog" and felt like my legs were lead and wrapped in concrete.* And I really struggled.

But to get back to losing. I know that for me to lose, I have to go pretty spartan or go into a fat-fast. Either way, calorie restriction is part of the deal. And I'm not sure I'm at that point right now. I'd like to get back below 200 because helloooooooo onederland. But I also don't want to get frustrated if I don't lose when I'm not in a mental place to do the calorie restrictions.

This week I will be a single parent Monday-Thursday, and then my husband gets back Thursday and I teach a class Thursday, Saturday and Sunday nights. This will be a long, trying and tiring week. I think my goal will be to not eat almonds and get back under 200. Then the next week I can start thinking about what I need to do to lose.

Now, as for exercise: I've been doing C25K and this segment is kicking my booty. It just isn't happening. when I started, I was alternating c25k days with Wii fit workout routines, and since I got back from my trip I haven't been doing the Wii workouts. I think it is making a difference. I also need to workout first thing in the morning. When I wait to the end of the day, I just don't have the legs for it. But that means that I can't be driving carpool, or I am trying to get going before the sun is up. So, I am going to get back into the groove of alternating between jogging and wii.

If I recommit myself to this, which I feel like I am doing, 60 days from now is just around thanksgiving. I want to do a Turkey Trot. That's my goal!

I also have to get some good sleep. I cannot be this tired all the time.

Part of this is I have to want it, and I realized when I was jogging tonight that I do want it. Now to work on the diet aspect and all will be well.

Last edited by JMacB; 09-22-2013 at 05:22 PM..
Old 09-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Honey, make sure you get plenty of rest. You have been on the go, go, go for the past several weeks.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

You are so right! And I was up in the night with insomnia. It's so hard. I have two big projects to finish today and hopefully I will get some rest this week.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

I could have gone to bed anytime after 8:30 last night. Did I? No. I stayed up until 1:30 talking to a friend. Will I learn from this today? Probably not. I need to get going but now I'm tired. I'm sooooOOOOOoooo glad I am capable of being responsible. Or something.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

I was hungry for something tonight, so I made a pumpkin one minute muffin. 1 egg, 1/4 cup almond flour, 1 tbsp pumpkin, 1 dollop of sour cream, pinch baking powder, truvia and pumpin pie spice to taste. It really scratched the itch I've been having for something like this.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Woo hoo! Full-night's sleep!

Which is good, because today is going to be a long long day.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

How have I missed posting for three days? It has been crazy, and I need to catch up. But right now I'm going to go to sleep. Tomorrow!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:32 AM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

So I am stuck on 201. Stuck like stuck, but having a hard time getting to the mental place I need to be to make a move. I am calling a doctor today (well, maybe tomorrow) about getting my thyroid checked.

Last week was highly-stressful. This one wont be quite so much, but still a lot of being two places at once. It's also raining, and I don't want to go run in the rain.

I have a new employee I am training today. I think she will be making my life much easier. She is replacing someone who has been doing the opposite of that. So I will have some short-term stress but long-term it will be easier.

As for food, this past week I've been eating and not worrying, but of course staying low carb. Probably more almonds than I should (high calorie and why I probably don't lose) but a nice variety of protein and veggies. Saturday I as craving something sweet so I made raspberry-flavored cheese cake muffins. That has helped my sweet tooth. And last night I bought some sugar-free chocolate. Oh and lookee the date - TOM approaches. No wonder I'm craving?
Old 09-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

After TOM leaves, you will likely experience a big whoosh of weight loss. Stay patient and stay the course. Good things will happen!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:58 AM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

I stand up all day at work - retail work, plus I even have a stand-up work station. For whatever reason, today my legs are killing me. I don't know what I did differently but today I am just so sore. Sore isn't even the word: more like aching. I have a long day ahead of me, so I hope a really long hot shower makes me feel better.

I was also extraordinarily hungry yesterday. Last night before bed I ate two hardboiled eggs. After I had a cheeseburger topped with bacon. And a square of cheesecake. And I was still hungry but just went to bed.

Today I'm working by myself and have so much to do! A run to Henry's school and then two kilns to unload and load and merchandise to put out. I'm tired before we start! But the end of the day will be fun with dinner at a friend's house and that will be nice.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Well yesterday was not a good day. I made poor choices and knew it as I was making them. I didn't go overboard, but a few tablespoons of peanut butter - the "real" kind - and cheeze-its. And a few gulps of fresh squeezed orange juice. I finally just went to bed because good decisions were not going to follow.

I'm not sure why I can't get my head straight right now, but I'm really struggling. I find myself doing the "next week I'll start..." thoughts.

I called the doctor's office I was recommended and they have not yet called me back. That is frustrating. Is part of this struggle my thyroid? I'd love to get some answers. I will follow up with them today.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:02 AM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

So my weight varies between 201-202 and I just can't get my head where it needs to be (I realize I've said this several times this week). My grandmother is dying and that is causing my daddy so much sadness. I'm busy crazy stressed with work. I am not making great choices, but not making extraordinarily bad ones, either. So, in some ways, I'm somewhat pleased that I haven't gained more and more. Strange reaction, I know.

My legs are still really tired. I think it's because I'm not exercising enough. And I'm not exercising because my legs are tired. I did get a doctor's appointment made, and have lab work scheduled for next week. Fasting blood work and I'm curious what it will show. I've never had lab work done, so I don't know what my cholesterol was before I started this way of eating.

Okay. Enough whining. I will get back to where I need.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

Down to 200.5 so progress being made.

I was so hungry yesterday in target that I bought three kinds of almonds AND macadamia nuts. If I'd seen the sugar free chocolate I may have gone overboard.

Henry's school play was a success and now I'm off to work. Long day and teaching tonight so lots of standing. Plus I need to figure out where to put some stuff I ordered. Always a problem.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #508
Major LCF Poster!

You are making great progress so stop being so hard on yourself. First, I am so sorry about your grandmother and I feel very badly for your Dad. That has got to be tough on you because I am sure that your Dad leans on you for support. You have to take care of him, Henry and your husband while running a busy business, teaching, running and following low carb. That is bound to exhaust anybody.

But look at it this way: your weight is still dropping. You are still eating on plan while being a great wife, mom, entrepreneur/business owner and teacher. You are a warrior, Julia! Nothing can stop you.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Gail, you are just the best. Thank you!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

Progress progress progress.

I think tonight I may make the cheeseburger pie. And tomorrow we should see some rain from Karen so I may pick up taco soup ingredients. It has been a while.