Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Julia, you are doing great -- you have tremendous discipline and strength. And you are in much better shape than you think you are! It must be HOT in Alabama today because it sure is muggy and humid in Boston today.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
You are just so sweet. I guess it is hot, but hard to notice since it just is what it is. I a, generally soaked with sweat after I exercise.

This morning, after having held steady at 206 for a solid 5 days, I dropped to 203.6. Very pleased with that.

Today I did 35 minutes of Wii fit. That's my "off day" exercise. Soreness is nearly gone. Nice.
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

This morning I was at 202.0, so getting close to that milestone we all crave so much. Yesterday I was go go go all day long and into the night. I wasn't home until 9 and I just wasn't hungry. However, this morning I had a ham and cheese omelet and that may be a water-retaining mistake. A DELICIOUS water-retaining mistake, but I'm glugging down the water to try to flush it out.

I also completed day 2 of week 2 of c25k, which makes me so happy for myself. I am two-thirds of the the way to being one-quarter of the way to being finished. I am setting a goal of JOGGING a 5K in October, and then JOGGING the half-marathon in February.

And today I'm setting a goal of getting lots of work done, so I better get back to it!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:05 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

202.0 again. Not unsurprisingly since I ate ham yesterday and I'm a bit sore from working out. Still, sooooooo close.

I'm sipping a cup of coffee and when I finish that and browsing LCF I will do 30 minutes of Wii fit. I have a few high-stress days ahead of me, so we shall see how this plays out.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

New low!

Finished week 2 of c25k. Had to skip the first 30 seconds of one running segment because the hill I was facing was covered in gravel, and I didn't trust my footing. But other than that, I did the entire week mom course, that means I have to do next week now. Eek!

This will be much easier on weeks I'm not driving morning carpool.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:17 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

201.0. Another new low.

I woke up at 8 this morning, and need to be at work at 9, so any exercise will have to wait until later. I have a hectic day ahead of me.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Football game watching food may be an issue. I just mindlessly ate way too many pecans. I did snack on celery wicks and blue cheese dressing earlier and we are having burgers for dinner.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, that was too much food yesterday. I was up a bit to 201.4 and I feel really bloated. I think I need to send the salted pecans to live with someone else because they are just too easy to grab and snack on. I also was not hungry last night - at all - but I wanted to eat a hamburger and so I did. That is so stupid. I still feel like I have lead belly.

Today will be better. Bacon and eggs for breakfast, then dinner will be broccoli and a small hamburger. No snacking today - I want to see 200 on the scale tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, you are doing really well -- you will reach onderland soon. You consistently head in the right direction and almost always make the right decisions. I am really proud of you! I only wish you felt the same way about yourself. You set a great example for many of us.

Last edited by GailyGail; 09-01-2013 at 01:58 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 04:50 AM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Not gonna lie, disappointed to still be sitting on 201.4 this morning. I know that this journey isn't one where you can guarantee the success you want when you want it, but that doesn't mean that I don't wonder about what I'm doing right and wrong.

Gail, you are just so sweet. I really am proud of where I am - but I am also impatient for the next step to get here. I was told by someone the other day that they guessed I was a size 10/170 - that's my goal! So very flattering to me. And my employee came back from his summer break and told me I looked great! I'm getting there, bit by bit. But I really hoped to see 200 on the scale today.

So, I appreciate your support, more than you can know. I will try to not seem so negative because truly I am not. I know how far I've come and even when I've faltered I haven't quit. Right now I'm struggling for 200. A month ago I was struggling for 205. It's a slow and steady process, but it is progress.

A kink in my plans is that it is raining, and just as I was stepping off the porch the sky opened up. Plus lightning. but the JCC has an indoor track, so I will take Henry this afternoon and let him hang out in the youth lounge while I do my run.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:10 AM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

Hope you have fun today at the JCC. It is raining off and on here too. I am going for a long walk and then meeting friends for my birthday lunch. Wish me luck that I stay on plan!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:14 AM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

We never made it to the JCC. My child was in full on playing minecraft mode, and I just wanted a lazy day. I did do my c25k and it was so hard! I got really winded and worried I wouldn't do it, but I did.

For dinner last night we had pulled pork with white barbecue sauce. So much yum. I would eat some form of smoked meat daily if I had the means. And I love love love white sauce. It is the perfect low carb sauce - 1 part mayo, 3/4 part apple cider vinegar, pepper and some horseradish to taste.

Weight this morning was 200.8. Another new low. I am so happy. I want to be really on-point today so I will be in onederland soon!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

You are almost in onederland! So exciting!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:09 AM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

That is 75 pounds lost. 75. I'm not even disappointed that I didn't make it to onederland this morning, because 200.0 is so many things.

It is 20 pounds less than I lost to my lowest low four years ago.

It is 15 pounds less than I was post baby.

It is the elusive goal I was afraid I'd never make.

Of course, now I set new goals. That's the way this works. Set small, incremental and achievable goals. Make them, move the chains.

Now I want to lose another .2 so I can be in onederland. I will try to step off the scale long enough to post when it happens.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

200.2 and TOM. I did my c25k yesterday and feel a bit sore today. Maybe tomorrow the scale will dip for me.

I did have a wonderful moment yesterday with a customer who has become a friend. She lives around the corner from me, and really struggles with her weight. We had a long conversation about what it was that triggered the start for me, and I told her about Taubes' book. I told her I'd lost 75 pounds, and she said if she lost that she'd be at 200. I told her that was exactly where I was and she teared up. We talked about what I eat instead of pasta and bread. After work, Henry and I walked up to her house to take her my copy of the book. I hope it is a good trigger for her like it was for me.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:19 AM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Old 09-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

199.6 again.

Ran my c25k yesterday and it was hard but I did it. I'm worried about next week. It looks harder. But that's for Monday and Wednesday and Friday. I'm going to do a Wii exercise this morning and then go to work. Mani/pedi this afternoon, and I think burgers for dinner.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/20-22/12
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: One day at a time
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacB View Post

Congrats on making it to ONEDERLAND!!!!
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations Julia! So happy for you and proud of you! You did it! And you did a really nice thing for your friend by bringing her the Taubes book -- that is awesome! I love that your son's name is Henry -- love that name. Anyway, SO HAPPY FOR YOU CHICA!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you both so much! I'm really happy and was really surprised when I saw it again s morning. Somehow I had forgotten and when I stepped on the scale I was so happy again!

I leave Monday for a conference for a week, so that will be a challenge of course. Rumor has it we have a fridge in our room, so we can get cream for coffee and other such things. I will worry about not being able to weigh, and eating out very meal, and etc etc. oh, and alcohol. My suppliers are always buying us drinks, so I'll have to be careful.

I started this journal last year after this same conference, and I've lost 40 pounds since. Most of the people who will be there will not have seen me since last year, so I'm excited to see them and their reactions.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

199.8. A but of a bump after football game watching day, so I will take it! Yesterday I couldn't stop snacking - cheese crackers and nuts. Yummy and on plan but not always my best friend.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, you stayed on plan though and you have proven that you can make low carb a sustainable lifestyle! And you keep losing! Victory, victory, victory!

Hey are you an Alabama fan? I think your coach, Nick Saban, is so handsome! He is second only to my beloved Bill Belichick!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Gail, I am a HUGE Alabama fan, and Saban is cut from the same cloth as Belichick. I watched some of y'all's game today - good win!

You are so sweet to say such nice things to me. I do feel like I stay on-plan and this is my way of eating for the long-haul. While I may get frustrated over the pacing of an individual day, I can't deny that in the past year I've done well.

I have a friend who jumps on every bandwagon for dieting and never does any of them well or consistently. Juicing, fasting, low carb, low fat. She does them all, and has in the past six months. She was at her all-time high and did a juice fast and lost 10 pounds in a week, then has sustained for two and talks about changing because "low carb isn't working". Of course, today she's had French fries and ice cream, but that shouldn't matter because she ate a salad with fat free dressing for lunch. It makes me want to scream to listen to her. She won't follow a plan, doesn't want advice, doesn't want information. Basically, she isn't ready. and I'm about to be smaller than she is and it is freaking her out. She's four inches shorter than I am, and she was always the skinny one and I was the fat one. I'm still fat, of course, but I've been consistently doing my thing, never really panicking and not quitting. I want to be her friend but not when she is "dieting" because then she makes me crazy. I told her today she needs to do weight watchers because she needs the flexibility of points. This way of eating is not her way.

Whew. That rant was... Not really my intention there but it's been lurking in my mind. I will possibly see this friend at the conference, but not sure. She hasn't seen me in person in 75 pounds, just pictures. She really is a good friend, but this one aspect of my life and hers isn't a place where we can agree on.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:35 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Resisting temptation is haaaaaaarrrrrd. Last night at the bar, there were NO diet soda options for mixers - and we are at a Disney property! I ended up with two gin and tonics, and they were strong/I have no longer got any tolerance. But I ate on plan up until then. There is only one real place to eat here in the hotel and it has good low carb options, but the coffee is terrible!!!

But, we meet in the bar each night. I have to admit, everyone's reaction has been amazing. Last night my ego was floating on the clouds!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! So glad that you are getting such positive attention. Losing 75 pounds is a big deal so you deserve this! As for your friend, let her nonsense rolling of your back. You can't change her and her way of thinking around diets/food is not logical. Just be a supportive as you can but at the same time, know that you are doing the right thing for YOU.

I think you will be okay with the two gin and tonics -- you are probably still in ketosis. Did they have wine there? A glass or two or red or white might be a good option.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

So I've been at Disney since Monday. I've not eaten off-plan a single time. I've probably eaten too much - but I have had bacon and eggs for breakfast and salads for lunch and bunless burgers and veggies for dinner. But I have stayed on track with my food.

Drinking is another issue. I had a good deal more than 2 gin and tonics Wednesday night. We won't discuss but I probably danced the calories off so that's good right?

The coffee here is terrible. Half and half only option. I've probably had too much half and half.

But I have resisted all food treats. No desserts (I was invited to a dessert party to watch the fireworks at Epcot and declined because I felt like the temptation would be too great). No candy. No nothing except gin and tonics.

I ran Wednesday but haven't today. I may this afternoon, or I may wait. I've already decided to repeat this week in c25k because of how hard it has been for me.

I'll weigh Sunday morning, and I imagine I will be up. Next week will be a good clean eating week!
Old 09-14-2013, 04:13 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, you did really well at the conference! You did not cheat and stayed on plan! I don't think those gin and tonics did too much damage. I think it is a big deal that you were away for a week -- away from your kitchen and routine -- and surrounded with carb tempations all week long and you did not cave!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:16 AM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

I'm on my airplane flying home (well, to Chicago and then home but it was the only way I could be home before 2 - and I am ready to see my boy!) and I am so ready to be on my terms for eating again. I need a kitchen! And grocery store! I want to eat clean and have butter and not that crap Disney fed us! I want heavy whipping cream! I want to have food!

I am so motivated to get back on track. I look so much better, but more to go. The compliments made me feel so good - not going to lie about that at all. I want to be comfortably running and experience the benefits that go along with that. I love that so many good pictures were taken of me this weekend! Woo hoo look at me with my big head!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

Okay so it is the total wrong time to weigh, but I stepped on the scales after I got home and as predicted I'm up, but only to 204 and so I'm calling that a victory.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Honey, that is nothing! You will flush that water weight out of your system in days. Sometimes flying causes you to retain water so I think that is where alot of that came from. Stay positive -- you are rocking this and staying the course.