LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 04:25 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012

!!!!!!!!!!!

I must be extra careful today since that hotdog may still cause me issues. Have I mentioned how yummy it was? I love a good hotdog. But back on ff hard today. I want to get to 205 for sure, but honestly to get as far down as I can before July 6 when we have a big party. I know five more pounds won't make a big difference, but it will to me.

Yesterday I saw pictures of me from a few weeks ago and I feel like I still look gargantuan. I am still obese - just less so. It was good motivation. My friends are being amazing, telling me how good I'm looking. I have about 60 days of summer left before we start school/cousin's wedding and then my annual convention. How much can I lose? Of course, this happens all the time. I get motivated during a loss, and then I go into a long period of stall/maintain* and I get frustrated. My body may just not be willing to lose quickly, and I have to accept that.

Time marches on. It will happen or it won't, but that time is going to pass regardless.

*even when I'm not losing I am so grateful that I'm not gaining. The thing I'm truly proud of in this journey is that I'm sticking with it. Maintaining this loss will be as important as losing the weight, so if I go slowly and adapt all the way, I will be successful. Losing and regaining won't really help me any.
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Julia, 208 is awesome! You will be on Onderland before you know it! Rock on with your bad self, girl!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Cheese and almonds. Perhaps I had too many of each tonight. We will see tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:41 AM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

I am fine with that. Up .2 but had more almonds and I peeled the cheese off of two slices of pizza PLUS I ate about 4 more ounces of mozzarella.

Today will be better.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

You are still close to Onederland! Hang in there Julia! You are doing great.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:39 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Fantastic! Yesterday I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, and snacked on sunflower seeds and coffee all day. Last night I had more bacon - dipped in sour cream - and I'm pretty sure I'd died and gone to heaven. I had this sudden craving for loaded baked potato skins, with melted cheese and bacon and sour cream. I melted some cheddar on the bacon and it was darn close to what I wanted.

Today I'm taking Henry to the lake for the week (leaving him there with my folks. I'll be back Thursday) and so I have to dodge food land mines. I want to stay on the fat fast through Wednesday or so and then transition for the weekend.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Just read your thread... the majority of it anyway. Very inspiring and motivating. I found myself cheering for you and feeling your disappointment when you did as well. This is totally the pot calling the kettle black but don't get to discouraged. You have done beautifully on this low carb journey. In fact, I'm a bit jealous. I'm a newbie, only a few months in, and I have to keep telling myself this is not a quick fix. But enough about me... GailyGail and I are rooting for you and are truckin' along with you on this WOE.

The very best to you and yours.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Great post from Newest Atkins Fan. You got this Julia and you can do it.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Y'all are awesome. I really appreciate it. Today has not been great. Stressful stress was stressful. I ate we'll but too much, and I'm going to have some low carb ice cream. I just am, because I keep thinking about so much other food. One scoop, to scratch the itch.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Really surprised by that, and pleasantly so. I didn't have the greatest eating day yesterday, and I didn't drink nearly enough. Weekends and out of routine are tough. I'm hoping I lose 2.4 pounds or more in the next three days so that when people ask me on the holiday how much I've lost, I can say 70 pounds.

Of course when people do ask how much I've lost, I always answer "hundreds and hundreds" because it hasn't been a straight-line journey. But to be down 70 from the high? Feels damn good. Or at least it will, in 2.4 pounds.

Last night I saw a friend I haven't seen in a while, and my self esteem was boosted so high! I highly recommend it! When he gave me a hug he went on and on about how he could wrap his arms around me. And as we were visiting he would interrupt us with moments to tell me how good I looked. Swoon!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacB View Post

Really surprised by that, and pleasantly so. I didn't have the greatest eating day yesterday, and I didn't drink nearly enough. Weekends and out of routine are tough. I'm hoping I lose 2.4 pounds or more in the next three days so that when people ask me on the holiday how much I've lost, I can say 70 pounds.

Of course when people do ask how much I've lost, I always answer "hundreds and hundreds" because it hasn't been a straight-line journey. But to be down 70 from the high? Feels damn good. Or at least it will, in 2.4 pounds.

Last night I saw a friend I haven't seen in a while, and my self esteem was boosted so high! I highly recommend it! When he gave me a hug he went on and on about how he could wrap his arms around me. And as we were visiting he would interrupt us with moments to tell me how good I looked. Swoon!

That's fantastic. And I agree with you, nothing is more of a motivator or self esteem boost than someone saying/complimenting that you have lost weight. It reassures everything and stomps out any lingering doubts in your mind that may have surfaced.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Woo hoo!

Plus my khaki shorts, that last summer were so tight I couldn't wear them, are now falling off of me. Literally. Oops. I'm making a run to old navy this morning to hopefully find a pair of shorts to get me through the end of this summer. Or I have a pair of khaki pants that I might have altered. It's amazing how different brands are. I love how old navy fits, but I have a pair of Just My Size shirts that are giant everywhere except the waist - they are still a good inch from fitting comfortably, but the butt and thighs are ginormous. In other words, I should try on clothes before I buy them. These will get donated "new with tags" to the Salvation Army.

Today and tomorrow I have long days at work by myself. Yesterday I got a ham and cheese omelette for breakfast and I think today I'll just stick with bacon and eggs. I'm also going to whole foods to buy supplies for the weekend. Almond meal and sweetener - I'm making that chocolate fudge cake that is so amazing, and maybe a fruit pizza. The fudge cake will be for Thursday, but our actual party is on Saturday. I'm also making deviled eggs, pimento cheese, and I think I'll grab some olives, too. Yum.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Woo hoo!

Plus my khaki shorts, that last summer were so tight I couldn't wear them, are now falling off of me. Literally. Oops. I'm making a run to old navy this morning to hopefully find a pair of shorts to get me through the end of this summer. Or I have a pair of khaki pants that I might have altered. It's amazing how different brands are. I love how old navy fits, but I have a pair of Just My Size shirts that are giant everywhere except the waist - they are still a good inch from fitting comfortably, but the butt and thighs are ginormous. In other words, I should try on clothes before I buy them. These will get donated "new with tags" to the Salvation Army.

Today and tomorrow I have long days at work by myself. Yesterday I got a ham and cheese omelette for breakfast and I think today I'll just stick with bacon and eggs. I'm also going to whole foods to buy supplies for the weekend. Almond meal and sweetener - I'm making that chocolate fudge cake that is so amazing, and maybe a fruit pizza. The fudge cake will be for Thursday, but our actual party is on Saturday. I'm also making deviled eggs, pimento cheese, and I think I'll grab some olives, too. Yum.

New clothes is always a great motivator. 2 weeks or so ago I cleaned out my closet and gave a bunch of "too-big-now-since-being-on-low-carb" clothes to the local GoodWill. Personally, I can't wait to go down to the next lower pants size (40 waist). When it happens i'm sure I'll pass out from joy! I haven't seen 40x34 on a pair of my jeans since college.... 7 years ago.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Y'all. Y'all! Y'ALL!!!!!!

I have the most amazing pulled pork in my life right now. I got it from whole foods and I can't stop nibbling on it. It is so good. Pork, Vidalia onions, vinegar, salt and pepper. No sugar added, no crap. It came with a slaw that has no sugar in it, either, so I keep heating up a bite or two... Then going back for more. So addictive. I bought some for a friend whose husband is in the hospital and she just texted me about how amazing it is. Because it is!

So... When I'm up in the morning remind me of this rapturous feeling I have right now.

The meal deal also came with cookies and 8 buns. I may have to eat a bite of ice cream since I'm not having a cookie. (2 pounds of pork, slaw, cookies and buns -$20)

Just one more bite...
Old 07-03-2013, 04:25 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, that pulled pork sounds delicious. As a lady from Alambama, I am sure you have great taste when it comes to southern delicacies so I am dying to try this. Tony LOVES pulled pork and we have some low carb rolls in the house -- he would totally jones for a good BBQ sandwich.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:02 AM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

It was amazing. And I'm up to 208.2. Not gonna be upset one bit because that pork and slaw was worth it. I wonder if the whole foods in your area have the same thing?

Now today I will settle down and be good. I won't be at 205 by Saturday, but if people ask I can still say I'm right at 70 pounds down, which is true, and I'll be there oh so soon.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:44 AM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Still up, but at 208.0. I am still enjoying my pork and slaw. Of course, today will be a land mine day, as will Saturday. I'll just have to be careful.

It is pouring down rain, which means we will all be stuck inside and on top of each other. Joy. I've got lots of games in the car.

Tomorrow night we are having fajitas so I'm picking up low carb tortillas for me, mom and dad. That will be nice to have. And I'm making the fudge cake as mini muffins so I can have a bite of sweet.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

You are strong and you will be fine! Sorry to hear about the rain -- it is really hot here in Boston -- sunny, hot and will reach 95 degrees. Those fudge cake mini muffins sound really good. Hang in there!
Old 07-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Okay. Holding alright. Two more days. Won't be able to weigh Saturday or Sunday. Need to make sure I drink tons of water.

The delicious pulled pork is now gone. Tonight fajitas, tomorrow hot dogs - just have to dodge the sides because there is danger in those!
Old 07-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Can you make yourself some low carb sides like salads, cole-slaw, steamed or raw veggies or something like that? How did last night go?
Old 07-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

I'll update more tomorrow, but my dad was having chest pains this morning so I spent the day with him at the hospital. He's spending the night for observation, And in the morning is having a heart cath. I'm really glad he is having this done, and I'm trying to not worry too much. I'm going into town early tomorrow (like 6) to be with him when they take him back.

Needless to say, food shmood. I can't even tell you what I are. It Was low carb, but I have no idea what I ate. Peanuts and a plain hotdog and some pimento cheese and deviled eggs.

Daddy was pleased that he has lost 20 pounds on low carb, so that's good.

More info tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

All things considered, I'm fine.

Back on diet this week. No more peanuts. That was my kryptonite this weekend.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, I am so sorry about your Dad. What a truly frightening experience. How is he doing? Is he home or at the hospital? How are you faring? I am glad that you were there with him -- I am sure you gave him great comfort and support.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

He is home. He had a heart cath and had 98% blockage, got three new stents. Scared us all. I know you understand!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Totally honey and my heart is with you. Thank the dear Lord that your Dad is okay. You guys are in my prayers. You are handling this really well, Julia!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still up, 209, but I just haven't been picture-perfect the past five days. Yesterday I bought low-carb tortillas. I shouldn't, but I just needed it. Which is of course ridiculous, I don't need bread at all. But yesterday I was wanting a wrap. I needed to scratch the itch, I suppose.

Daddy is doing great. We realize how lucky we are (especially since the heart doc told him he was "a massive heart attack waiting to happen" and since his father and his father's father died of heart attacks). My mother is an amazing cook, and they are going to switch from low carb to a more Mediterranean diet, but staying off starches and sugar. She told the doctor straight up that she won't feed him margarine.

I think I'm going to let myself be reasonable this week, and next week I will jump back on the fat fast train. Today we have a fairly subdued day. Henry has swimmer's ear, and was up during the night in pain. We are going to see a play this morning and then go to a museum or two today. No swimming for him. I have the store covered but next week I'm going to be working my ass off each day, and won't really be able to spend time with him.

It's nice that I'm up at 209, whereas a few weeks ago I would have been ecstatic to be down to 209. Progress is being made. Slow and steady, that's what it will take.

Last edited by JMacB; 07-09-2013 at 06:22 AM..
Old 07-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Probably I shouldn't be eating cherries but I am. I love them. I really want to eat them all but I resist.

However, I am paying the price. Up to 209.6. The cherries and low carb wraps are not my friend.

Again, I'm just trying to maintain for a few days. This weekend will be a bit strange, and next week I've got a crazy work week. I will be able to go into loss mode then. Mentally and physically.

Today, Henry is going to work with me again and tonight he's supposed to go to the pool but rain is expected again. Life in the tropics. I have a group at the store, so I will be at work. We are having tacos, so I'll be picking up dinner. It will be salt-laden, but I can do a salad and be happy.

Maintaining is a good thing.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

So glad your Dad is okay, Julia. You are doing great with food and weight too -- take it easy as you have been through a terrible trauma.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Today I have not been on plan. It was a conscious decision, one I take full responsibility for. I knew what I was doing and did it. I will be back on plan tomorrow, but today I ate things I should not have eaten.

I will be better, but today was not a good day.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today I have not been on plan. It was a conscious decision, one I take full responsibility for. I knew what I was doing and did it. I will be back on plan tomorrow, but today I ate things I should not have eaten.

I will be better, but today was not a good day.

We all have days we are off plan. At least yours was intentional. I know that the past few days have been kind of rough for you, but they will get better. God bless.