LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
Stiiiiiillllllllllll 216.

I ate a bunch of borderline stuff yesterday. Pork rinds are as close to out and out cheating I go for, but I loooooove dipping them in cheese dip which is much more than maybe not so borderline.

Today I'm going to do the same, though, and then start induction tomorrow.
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Hey so the top of a new page sounds like a good place to start fresh.

Monday morning starts induction anew.

Eggs and bacon in the morning with coffee, and I can take my supplements. I realized I let them slip and need to get back on that.

Walking for at least 30 minutes in the morning and then wii fit too for arms and stretching.

Two weeks of good eating before I go to Kansas. Ready, set, go!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

You know, having an anxiety attack wasn't on my to-do list today.

Neither was having crushing self-loathing about my success on a diet.

My head is not in a good place right now. It's not just the diet and not losing, but that is certainly not helping.

I was retreading DANDR last night and I think I need to find my copy of why we are fat.

In the meanwhile, I didn't walk this morning and I just took my shoes off. WTH is wrong with me?

I have so much work to do at work and I'm not really feeling that either.

Basically, I'm overwhelmed and shutting down. Hopefully getting back on induction and following that will give me some control. Maybe I'll walk this afternoon.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Oh, I get that! Been there before! What I've done in the past is said OK fine, I'll give myself this time, but starting on Xday morning, there's no looking back. And I start Induction strictly again. Then I just do it.

I think you're doing great and you're an inspiration. I appreciate everything you've laid out here and I have faith in your strength.
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:36 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Okay, day 1 of induction down. It was fine, and this morning I'll make me some food to take to work with me.

I have thoughts, but I'm not being very cohesive in how I can express them. I'm going to do induction until I leave for Kansas, then when I get back go back to it. While I'm gone I'm good at eating low carb - really a challenge in a place where every dish is carby.

But for today: I'll fix some egg salad to take to work, have some bacon and eggs for breakfast, and for dinner tonight a hamburger patty and broccoli.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:27 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Day 2 down, and I feel like I ate a ton.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 3 slices bacon
Lunch: egg salad and a cucumber
Dinner: hamburger patty, slice cheese, small spinach salad with blue cheese, and asparagus

Down a bit, but still not back to 215. That's when I'll be at my start point again.

I am not going to lose quickly. I just have to accept that. I can't read what other people post and see 30 pounds in 3 months and think I can do that.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:31 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Creeping down, and woke up hungry. That's not normal.

Made "crack slaw" for dinner and that was good. Maybe too good. Also had eggs and bacon yesterday. Didn't have time for lunch. That's par.

I was hungry last night before bed and made a mini cheesecake with 4 ounces of cream cheese, some truvia and true lemon. I ate that at 9 which is probably why I was hungry this morning.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Creeeeeeeeping down.

Period about to start. Feeling very bloaty.

Yesterday we had weather and my day was turned upside down. Kiddo's school got out early, so no breakfast, leftover crack slaw for lunch, dinner was eggs/Swiss cheese/ham/mushroom frittata. I also made lemon jello with a slash of hwc. The frittata disappointed. Should have skipped the mushrooms.

Today will be a challenge. Party tonight. There will be wine.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Last night was fun. I didn't have any food at the event, since exactly none of it was low-carb, but I did have three glasses of wine. Not a great combo. I wonder what the babysitter thought when I got home?

I've had some fruit today. Hard to make a fruit tray and not nibble. It's my weakness. I'm going to a Cajun festival in a bit, so I'm eating ahead of time - some turkey and Swiss roll ups.

Beautiful day today. Hopefully tonight I'll get a walk in.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was about feeling deprived. Not going to lie. Hard to fix food and not have any, go to a food festival and not partake, hard to go to a birthday party and say "no, thank you" again and again and again.

Went to the grocery and got some sugar-free ice cream. It was okay but not great. And the effect it has had on my stomach... Well, lets just say I'm down a pound since I woke up.

Next weekend is a trip to Kansas. Nothing but carbs will be offered to me. Sigh. Last year on this trip I was only about 2 months into low carb, and I managed. I will be fine. The hardest is breakfast.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

So far today I've eaten bacon and eggs and had coffee with hwc to drink.

I am very hungry. I'm nt sure if it's real hunger or head hunger. I do know that I can't think of anything that will satiate me right now. Well, I can. But nothing that I'm supposed to be eating.

A few handfuls of pecans? Sounds yummy but no.

A OMM? Yes please but I don't think l will be satisfied, so,I better not.

Maybe I'll slice up some cukes and some blue cheese dressing.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

My weight is stuck at 216. Of course, I'm not doing everything textbook perfect so it's my fault. I can't quite make myself be accountable to myself, knowing that I'm going to be out of town all weekend. I don't know how to explain it, but I understand my feelings on it.

Also: time of the month. WTH. I'm having symptoms I've not had in years. I'd like to go ahead and START so I can stop PMSing.

Eating a bunless burger. Delish.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:13 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Still the same. I feel obligated to myself to post every day, as it keeps me accountable. While I'm not aiming for anything other than maintaining right now, I am aiming for that.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Holding steady, and holding steady. Leaving for Kansas and the land of carbs in the morning. Five challenging days ahead, but good steak for eating while I'm there. Yum yum.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

I am in Kansas and feel like I do nothing but politely decline kind offers of sugars and breads and carbs. Today has been no to cinnamon rolls, pasta salad, potato salad, chips, cookies, cupcakes... And tomorrow will be worse.

I said yes to coffee with cream, eggs (hard scrambled and dry), bunless burgers, and cheese. Oh and roast beef rolled up in a lettuce leaf.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Well crap. I've eaten too much candy. Which is to say any candy at all.

Boo.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Heading back home again. I wasn't a saint, but I wasn't a total sinner, either. I had a few chips at dinner but didn't have other stuff. Had a cookie but not insane with carbs. Could have been better, but I'm going to give myself a B+/A- grade.

This airport has no coffee shop inside the security area. I could get a bagel if I want. And some other carbage.

Home. I need it.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #288
Senior LCF Member

My day today has been stressful. I am not dealing well. I didn't eat stuff I shouldn't have, but I did eat a bit more of what I made (crack slaw) and I bought low carb ice cream. And an Atkins peanut butter patty.

Today was my re-entry day and I'm just annoyed with everyone. Not their fault, it's mine, but I just want to go put on my pajamas.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

eek I skipped a day.

Staying low carb but being nonchalant about it. Trying to think about what I'm doing next. Induction? NK? Fat fast cycle? Not real sure. I'm giving myself the weekend to contemplate, and begin Monday.

Still under 220, which I am pleases with. I'm not weighing in the mornings, but at the end of the day it has been 218-219, so I'll take it.

Whatever I go with, I want to see results. I want to know it is working, and I want to be down.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Two years ago today was one of the most stressful days of my life, the day a tornado destroyed my hometown. Hard to believe 2 years have passed.

In diet news: still deciding on what direction I'm going to pursue. It's so difficult to decide.

I have discovered that I love love love almond milk. If I add a bunch of sweetener, of course, but I can have my nightly glass of "milk" maybe.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:54 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Going with a fat fast this week. Still not sure what I'll do long-term, but for about 5 days this is going to be the plan.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

...or start a fat fast and then eat spaghetti sauce and cheese for dinner.

And consider it very seriously for breakfast this morning.

I know we should just start to start and not wait, but there is something in my brain going "start May 1 and enjoy the last day of this month" and I have maintained. I'm at 218. Higher than I'd like to be (duh) but maintaining. That is so key to me.

What I do know is that nothing really appeals to me. No one food, really. I want something savory - but I don't want to spend money on eating out. Sweet isn't what calls me right now.

Not really sure what tomorrow will bring. But I think today I will be low carb and aim for maintain. Tomorrow I may try to fat fast, or I may try to hit induction. I'm going to start wii again tomorrow.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:06 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

My mom and dad starte induction this week! I'm so happy!

I'm still wallowing. But maintaining. And this morning I woke up with a sore throat and gross sinuses. I feel like poop.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:52 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

I spent four days fighting off or being sick. I am still holding strong at 215. I am having a hard time finding the motivation to be back in loss mode.

I will get there, but I am really happy I've stayed low carb - even if I eat more nuts than I should to lose - and haven't started to re-gain.

Maybe I'm finding good where there is none, but for me this is pretty big.

Still pretty snotty. I need to shake this all off.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

It's so hard to stick with it when you're sick. I know my mind has to be in exactly the right place or else I'll just resent myself later and set myself up for failure now! There's no sense in that, but I do want you to know that you have been an inspiration to me. I read everything you write and I am proud of your accomplishments. You know you CAN do it, because you HAVE done it! I have been noticing things like how I fit differently in a chair, and even how my body looks when I do the same things I always do-like swinging my legs out of bed in the morning. Less weight hits the floor. No more creaky ankles. I can sit with too much room on both sides of me in any chair! I know you've noticed things, too. I imagine what I will be like 7 pounds from now. I imagine going further and not having flabby arms, maybe? I try to look where I've been (size 1X or a 20) and where I am (I don't actually know what size I'm wearing now, everything seems wrong).

I have faith in YOU!

Read me
And also...
Old 05-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Heidi, thank you so much. This is just what I needed tonight!

I am so crazy busy with work and end of the school year stuff. I am still sick, and it is trying to move into my chest. Coughing sucks. I also, suddenly, have a pretty filled social life. I had decided - after Memorial Day I'll get serious again.

So what happened? Woke up this morning and I'd dropped a pound. 214. New low. High fives all around.

The most important thing is that I have stuck through this without giving up. Every pound lower than 215 will be the lowest I've weighed since 1999. Not gonna lie, fear of success has plagued me in the past. But I just feel like this is the way that will work for me.

Now, tomorrow morning I have to wake up and make cake balls for a baby shower. This was a specialty in my past carby life. Mommy-to-be specifically requested. I can't believe I'll be doing it.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:05 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

So yesterday my housekeeper came and moved my scale. When I put it back and stepped on it, it said 173.4. Hahahahahahahahaha! That was a tease. If I get to that number I will be thrilled/almost to or maybe even at goal! I then stepped on it again, and was at 214. I'm still thrilled!

I am officially obsessed with walmart's fake diet tang. It is so good. I had tried giving up all artificial sweeteners and that just made me mad.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Old 05-11-2013, 04:54 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

213.6!!!!!

Yesterday I did 2/3s of the work for cake balls. I still have to coat them in chocolate. A few bits ended up in my mouth, but overall: really proud of myself for abstaining. They are overwhelmingly sweet and I realized it just wasn't what I want.

This is a party we are expecting 25 to attend and I have no idea how many to make. So I'm making 40 each of strawberry, vanilla and chocolate.

Now, there won't be a single thing I can eat at this party. Nothing - not a cheese tray or veggie tray. It's spanikopata and finger sandwiches and chocolate covered strawberries and mini roll-ups. The good news is that I know this going to happen, so I can eat before I go and have some almonds in my purse. I have a "job" during the party - the mom-to-be has requested that everyone make clay crosses to hang in the baby's room, so I'll be handling that.

I need to finish my coffee and go tackle these cake balls. Not going to lie: dreading it a bit. The most time-consuming part is right now.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Up a smidge to 213.8. That doesn't bother me.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I hope everyone has a great day today and enjoys a yummy low-carb day. My husband is going to get bacon and eggs for me. Then he has to got to work. I may take Henry to see Iron Man 3. Happy Mother's Day to me!