Gallery: batlou
Stats: 295/215/170
WOE: Atkins Low-Carb
Start Date: 3/06/2008
Start Date: 06/09/2014
Begin Weight: 220
Current Weight: 215
Goal Weight: 170

Week one down and feeling better already. Constant stomach aches and that general feeling of ick seems to be behind me. Down 5 lbs, which is to be expected when starting out. I guess I am doing it right.

Regarding Planter Fasciitis, I did not do any workouts this week at all. That has not happened in 5 years or so. Although did get an opportunity to go Mountain Biking on Saturday, which I guess counts since we were on the trails for 2.5 hours. Of course I wrecked, seems to be my calling card these days when mountain biking. Need to run by the bike shop today, broke my front shifter mount and the buckle off my shoe. No bones though!

On to week 2, hopefully it goes as smooth as week 1.

LCF - Journal
The Urban Primate - My Journey to Better Health
batlou is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2014, 04:19 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I feel for you! PF is EVIL EVIL! I got it in my right foot back in 2010 while training for a half marathon. It took 9 months of non resistance working out to heal it. It took forever and my foot has never been the same. I had to stop running and right now, I am battling horrible PF in the left foot! BLAH!!!!

Good luck working through the PF, my experience is it takes forever! One thing that did work for me last time is going to the Chiropractor about it. He was able to manipulate the bones in my foot to help the PF muscle. I feel your pain!
Sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience with it. I am really hoping taking a couple of months off helps. Will have to start back to running slowly and make sure I am spending a lot of time stretching prior to my run.

I did notice that it flairs up even after a bike ride. While nothing like the flair ups I get after a run, I was still a little gimpy on Sunday morning after spending a while on the bike the day before.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Current Weight: 216

Up a pound from last week. Need to keep it in perspective. Went car camping with a large group on Friday that involved mostly beer. Did not eat off plan though. Then Sunday night was the World Cup game, more beers...

I figured I would have to pay the piper this morning and I did. Now it's time to get it together.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

212 this morning, lets hope I can keep my wits about me and it sticks for Monday's weigh-in. Have a good weekend. Heading to Churchill Downs tonight to watch a little night racing.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:21 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Current Weight: 214

Welp, the 212 did not hold but I am OK with that. Still down 2 from last week and happy to see the scale is moving in the right direction. Just have to keep reminding myself that it took me 18 months to put on this weight, it's going to time to take it back off.

Got out on the Mountain bike this weekend with a friend that is also trying to drop some weight. He did really well considering he is new to Mountain Biking and it's always fun to get new people out riding the trails.

Weight lifting with my Son is going well too. Difficult to work around his schedule since it changes week to week. This week we will only lift on Weds together and the other days we are on our own. I have tasked him to add in 2 cardio sessions each week now. He likes to run so that's not to hard. I did not want him running for the first 2 weeks of lifting to allow his legs to get used to the new demands that squats and heavy weights would put on him. Now that the initial shock is behind him we need to step it up.

Leaving for vacation on thursday, I have not run in 3 weeks but may try to run again while in Florida on the beach. One of my favorite things to do and a good chance to see how my planter fasciitis is healing.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dave1
Hello Batlou

Fellow Ironman (IMFL in 2011) here from NC.

I just sent you a request to become friends.

I have read some of your information and I see some similarities with our lives and training.

I too, am tracking to do a marathon in a few months to get a little weight off and get my running legs back.

To start, I have two questions:
1) How did you determine the amount of carbs that you take in daily?
2) And do you count the energy products (amount of carbs) into your daily allowance, such as on a day when you are doing a long run and pop a gel, bar, etc?

All the best,
Dave
Dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote