Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
I hope you enjoy the cornbread Gail, we do and hi Christine!

Not feeling so good in our abode. Mr. came down with a cough/cold 3 days ago and just as he's getting better, I come down with it. I was so tired yesterday I didn't do my weekly errands, rather went back to bed. I think after tonight I'll be getting better, knock on wood.

The further I get into this woe the more I am learning and making adjustments to make it a lifetime with less stress. I've ditched all the cheeses except hard cheese with less carbs.

The Miracle Rice is a lifesaver as is the angel hair. I don't put much sauce on them, I'd rather have a bolder taste with less and simple is good. At lunch today I sauted the pkgs of the rice in a small pan, added 2 tsp chicken seasoning a T butter and that was it, I might add 1/2 c of water. Make me feel like I was having chicken noodle soup.

Earlier this morning I seasoned and wrapped 1/2 of a trimmed brisket with thick slices of bacon of top and cooked it in the oven, after it was nearly done I added a can of rotel tomatoes around it- not on top- and rewrapped. It was good and I served it with marinated italian green beans with slivers of sharp cheese and some pimentos. We enjoyed it and it was easy since I didn't feel well.

Guess I'll sign off until later, hope everyone is doing good!

Atkins- 9/9/12 to 2/5/13 (247 to 228.6 -18.4lbs)
5:2/IF/lc -2/5/13 through today -38.4 lbs
Total loss to date - 56.8
---------------
Cathy
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Scalestepper, I am sorry that you and your husband are not feeling well. There are so many rotten colds and flus going around. Sending healing vibes your way and hope you feel better very soon!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Scalestepper, I am sorry that you and your husband are not feeling well. There are so many rotten colds and flus going around. Sending healing vibes your way and hope you feel better very soon!
Thank you so GG, Mr is much much better and I'm better. Sometimes I think he brings in more bugs than the kiddos did or maybe it was him all along lol. Anyway, we're on the mend.

We've really had a slow day, I did cook us an easy breakfast but it was cream of tomato soup for him for dinner.

My day was..

3 microwave bacon
2 egg yolks (because my puppy was looking at me with sad eyes and she got the whites)

oz cream cheese

miracle rice with 1 oz cheese

3 oz salami and 1 oz cheese...and yes, I am weighing my food right now

If I snack tonight it will be macadamia nuts or flax seed crackers and cream cheese.

I forgot to mention I did a trial flax cracker bake, they are pretty good, but rather than whole seeds, I think I'll try ground flax next time. I just did a 1/2 cup.

I was given the neatest slow cooker ever for Christmas, it's burgrandy red and VERY ornate, you can use the insert to brown on the stove and it also has a steamer tray on top. I'm almost tempted to use it as a centerpiece lol. I will enjoy using it. I also got some new knives and some new blouses one size down. Also, I got Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution on CD audio. whoohoo, No reason not to know it inside out.

I'll bb tomorrow!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Sounds like a very fancy kitchen tool!!! I hope you enjoy using it. Congrats on your size down, too! That's always exciting!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Hi Christine, it really is pretty for a slow cooker.

Well, dear diary and friends, today is 6 months that my woe has been Atkins. I am so thankful for the positive progress and omg, so thankful for the peace I have with food.

I am at the same weight that I was before the holidays, basically about the last 3 months I've had no weight gain nor loss. Not gaining over the holidays is a plus but it's time I made some kind of adjustments hopefully to get the scale moving again.

I plan to begin walking some to see how my knee holds out and adjusting some food items and see if that works.

Nevertheless, I am very thankful for the 20 lbs lost so far.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great progress, SS! Twenty pounds is wonderful. Keep up the great work, and good luck with your exercise! I look forward to hearing all about it.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Christine and thanks for stopping by!

I made a beef stew this last weekend and put potatoes and cream corn in it and..it was delicious but I only ate it one day, 1 serving twice. I made it with braised, boneless beef short ribs and it was so rich!

My mind tried to tell me, hey, this is neat and I can do this, just eat less and incorporate more things but I knew that wasn't true and didn't eat any more. I shared it with our ds Monday and got back on track. As I said in another post, this is my last rodeo and I don't want to temp fate messing it up.

I may be losing my weigh slowly but I'm not gaining so I'll just keep swimming!

I am so thankful every day for this power over food! Thank you Lord.

I keep making the cheesecake as it seems to be special for both me and Mr. I make it in a 9x13 pan and cut it into petit four pieces. I don't eat it every day but it's there.

My konjac powder came in and it is really going to work good for me. I've been experimenting and it's better than the Miracle Rice to me. I can control the texture with the powder/water ratio, there is no smell, and the thing that bothered me the worst was the water that drained from them in the dishes even after pan drying them, now I know the water source so..that fixed that...no issues whatsoever...just a good dish with no carbs/calories that's filling. My oat fiber came in today so I'm excited to make the chicken and dumpling recipe posted.

So, all is good with me, I hope everyone had a good day!

Last edited by scalestepper; 01-16-2013 at 08:19 PM..
Old 01-17-2013, 03:37 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you! It's the control we gain from LC that's most important -- in my opinion. Sounds like you are really in the groove. Good luck with the chicken and dumplings!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/177.4/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Hi, swimmer!
I skimmed your diary.
What great motivation for me!!
You go girl!
Blessings,
Pat
Patkid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Good for you! It's the control we gain from LC that's most important -- in my opinion. Sounds like you are really in the groove. Good luck with the chicken and dumplings!
Thank you Christine, I agree, I low carb works helps us if we hang in with it. Thank you for you for all the support you give me.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
Hi, swimmer!
I skimmed your diary.
What great motivation for me!!
You go girl!
Blessings,
Pat
Awesome Pat! Thank you for reading my diary, I'm glad you were able to be motivated, it makes it so worth while. I see you have begun a journal also. I am excited to share along with you, blessings to you also and good luck! We can do great things!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Thank you everyone who stop by and support me and also to those who may read my journal. I hope my journey can help show that low carb does work, thank you Lord.

And a good day to you dear diary and friend!

What a strange day I'm having. Up early, then sleepy and going back to bed and sleeping until 2 p.m., what's with that, it seems things are again changing for me.

I had the neatest dream, I was at work when I was a legal secretary, I was really thin, my blazer even overlapping and someone had put empty cartoons of food they had eaten in my desk drawer, I was so ticked because it was things I didn't eat anymore. There was even pieces of chocolate cake on the floor and I was trying to clean it all up. So funny, there must be a message in all that lol. IDK

I am at a wonderful pivit point, I've pulled up my big girl panties and am declaring the next 6 months to be as good as the last. It took me 3 years to gain 40 pounds, I hope it doesn't take that long to lose 20 more but I am willing to go with it.

I'm not quite sure how my menu will play out today since I had no breakfast and just ate a small can of salmon and a few pork rinds. I either plan on making a chili or having cheeseburgers in a bowl for dinner.

You guys inspire me to go on, thanks for the help!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, swimmy!!
I reread your first journal entry this morning. I want to remember those things, too, so it really helps me that you share so willingly. Thank you.
I am thinking about your daughter today. Can you share something about her spirit with us? What did she love to do? What was her favorite color?
My Brian restored a '56 Chevy. It was his passion. He had lost his right hand/wrist in a work accident but that didn't stop him.
Now I will catch up on some of the entries on your last couple pages.
Have a great on plan day!
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi, swimmy!!
I reread your first journal entry this morning. I want to remember those things, too, so it really helps me that you share so willingly. Thank you.
I am thinking about your daughter today. Can you share something about her spirit with us? What did she love to do? What was her favorite color?
My Brian restored a '56 Chevy. It was his passion. He had lost his right hand/wrist in a work accident but that didn't stop him.
Now I will catch up on some of the entries on your last couple pages.
Have a great on plan day!
Good morning PAt and hugs...

Thanks for asking about my daughter, Renae.
She was my first baby, beautiful from birth, both inside and out. We were best friends, we did everything together and shared like sisters. Her eyes were the most beautiful and exotic and so envied by many, pale yellow with green, most ppl said she had cat eyes. So beautiful. Her heart was so big and loving.

She loved crafts, making beautiful things; loved cooking annd canning, and she loved to share with everyone.

She had a sudden heart attack, fast like her grandfather, such a shock, unbelievavle, gone at 47. OMG.

A year later her husband who was like a Son to us was diagonsed with liver cancer and we lost him 6 months later.

It has been tough, I feel like I'm writing a love letter to heaven.

It feels good to share her life and our love. We have their little dog which is a comfort.

I know you miss Brian, I do feel your loss, he sounds like a determined loving spirit.

Hugs Pat
Old 01-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Today I go to the beauty shop and grocery store. I just can't explain how much easier these things are for me now, I don't get so tired and have energy to spare when I get home. I am so thankful.

Yesterday my crazy schedule ended up with me cooking a chili, I had that for dinner along with 1 oz of cheese and 2 T sour cream and a cheesecake. Pretty good for my timing to be off so badly.

I will be back later guys, thank you for hanging in with me. We've been blessed with another wonderful day, let's do it on low carb just for us!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:08 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, swimmy,
What a blessing your daughter is!!! I am so grateful to know her through you.
Thank you!
Have a wonderful weekend, dear.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh, swimmy,
What a blessing your daughter is!!! I am so grateful to know her through you.
Thank you!
Have a wonderful weekend, dear.
Yes she is! Thank you and I hope you have a great weekend too Pat. I am grateful for time and memories and faith that I am given grace, blessings to you.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

and dear diary,

I had a good weekend, peace with food, so awesome, thank you Lord and Dr. Atkins and friends who have worked so hard with ideas and recipes.

If anyone likes chicken and dumplings, there's a wonderful recipe for them in the recipe forum. I never dreamed I'd get to enjoy those again without going off program.

I am working on a blog to log a journal and post my recipes, everything in one place.

I hope everyone has a wonderfuly week!

Last edited by scalestepper; 01-21-2013 at 07:56 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

to all and dear diary,

Time for a check-in and to note that all is still good with me. I am still loving low carb and have peace with food thank you Lord .

I am so excited, yesterday I made shiritaki noodles. So awesome to make 12 oz of noodles out of 2-1/2 teaspoons of konjac powder, they must be laughing themselves silly all the way to the bank with the profits. Fozzie99 in the glucomanan thread has made the recipe and was awesome enough to share it.

I am also reallying enjoying Buttoni's dumpling recipe, awesome beyond words.

Sometimes just reading someones post inspires me to do more. I read on someones post that they enjoyed the shiritati noodles at night with sundried tomatoes in oo and a little parm cheese. That sounded so good to me and for some reason I wanted to try making them. So last night I had homemade noodles with sdtwoo and pcheese and it was delicious.

Needless to say, my pantry has really changed with many low carb cooking options, flax seeds, oat fiber, almond flour, konjac powder, corn fiber, stevia, chia seeds, and prob some I'm forgetting.

Let's keep doing good and inspiring others because we do know this is the way to go! I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

You certainly do inspire me!!
Thank you for posting on my journal.
wonderful timing!!!
Blessings.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You certainly do inspire me!!
Thank you for posting on my journal.
wonderful timing!!!
Blessings.
Thank you Pat.

I was thinking of you while fixing Breakfast, do you think some of your meds might be causing binge eating urges? Just a thought.